Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 2 of 3[ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 


Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Max Sugar, No Taste

Gender: Female

Location: Forssa, Finland

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Posts: 223

Okay, I might be talking way more serious business than a videogame here, but... I'm specialising in psychiatry, and I've spent a lot of time with people who are dealing with crisis in their lives. What I've learned is that going emotionless or even exessively happy is not a very uncommon way to cope. So here's a counter-argument: what if Klavier didn't show emotion not because he didn't care but because he really did?
Image
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 am

Posts: 8

I like Kristoph more than Klavier and you all agree right, right, wright... WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT :Kristoph-hair:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Defendant Lobby No.6

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Posts: 14

I like them both, Kristoph definitely has more personality and a better back story with Phoenix but, I just can't resist Klavier's face :kyouya: Plus I love having Klavier strumming away at his air guitar as my phone screen saver!
Klavier is one for the fangirls and he's a dream for fanfic writers, because everyone loves a story about a rock star!

So yeah, Kyouka Garyuu, I love you!

EDIT: Seems like I can't spell... sorry Kyouya :sadshoe:

Thanks to the amazingly talented Nadindi for the wonderful avatar!


Last edited by NaboosMiracleWax on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Texas

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:40 pm

Posts: 5

I dig Klavier.

I have to admit though: Kristoph, while infuriating, was a really great character. Objectively, he's the superior, more fleshed-out Gavin.

However, that doesn't change my opinion. Klavier is my favourite Ace Attorney character from any game. True story.
:rock'n:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Harassment lawsuit

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Posts: 26

I absolutely love Klavier. That's just my type of guy. B) Kristoph never really appealed to me for some reason... strange, because I love me some crazies.
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

OBJECTION!

Gender: None specified

Location: Canada

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:49 am

Posts: 52

Mmm, I have to say that I do like both the Gavin brothers but Kristoph is my favourite character no contest. It might just be I have a thing for the "bad guys" (seriously, I liked practically every criminal) but his personality is just ... I dunno. He's just really awesome :D
... I just can't express him in words haha :P
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

To the Batmobile!

Gender: Female

Location: On a computer

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:47 am

Posts: 82

Myles Orly wrote:
I like Kristoph more than Klavier and you all agree right, right, wright... WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT :Kristoph-hair:

+1 internet for you.

Because y'all just love Kristoph's play on words there. 8'D
And Kristoph is smexy too.

Of course, Klavier is awesome.. but Kristoph's better. I mean, using postage stamps? Nail polish? :'D
DragonsWebsite[closed]
Image
You might know me from Dragon Cave Forums or Orange on my website. :) ~ Set by me
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Rising Inspirations

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Posts: 241

Kristoph is suave in style meaning automatic badass. Postage stamp kill ftw. Klavier just didn't appeal to me for some reason.
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

In this place, I too am able to object!

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:03 am

Posts: 23

Myles Orly wrote:
I like Kristoph more than Klavier and you all agree right, right, wright... WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT :Kristoph-hair:


That's... RIIIIIIIIGHT! :Kristoph-hair:

I always liked Klavier more, but...after Kristoph's breakdown and evil-plan by killing via mail... you know the end of the story.

In the next game, the last real killer will shout "JUUUUUUUUDGE! ARGH!" or "JUSTIIIIIIIICE!" or will just suffer from heart attack >.>
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Team Stepladder, represent!

Gender: Female

Location: Defendant Lobby No. 1

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:41 am

Posts: 246

I pick Klavier. :rock'n:


I think he makes a good rival for Apollo. Though hardly comparable in depth to the :phoenix: / :edgeworth: relationship, I think the :odoroki: / :kyouya: relationship as rivals has fair potential.

For now, I agree with the view that Klavier's apparent lack of caring/emotion at times is just him keeping it bottled up inside.
I think (in the distantly possible GS5) Klavier and Apollo will each receive a healthy dose of extra character development.
On the other hand, I don't think Kristoph has any reason to return in a major role (at least, I hope he doesn't! he's caused enough trouble...), and that's why his character was made as epic as possible in AJ.

As has been said, Klavier is just such a nice guy! A simple nice-guy image for a prosecutor is quite refreshing.

I agree that the whole "German prodigy prosecutor" thing is getting a bit overdone. :franny: (Apparently, in the Japanese version, that trope is American prodigies?)
...Especially the prodigy part; that's a pretty cheap way to convey that "whoa, the attorney you're playing as is extraordinarily awesome; s/he can even beat the unbeatable!"
But at least Klavier makes the most entertaining use of the German part: his gratuitous German catchphrases are cool and memorable. Achtung, baby~!
(...And I've heard that, in Japanese, he spews gratuitous English, right? ...Win. xD)


:garyuu: is a fascinating villain, but as a person he's nearly impossible to "like."

Klavier, meanwhile, is easily likable. I'm not gonna lie; I'm sure it helps that he's pretty and makes pretty music. :kyouya-pull:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 am

Posts: 63

Spoiler: Klavier (4,1 4,4 Spoilers
Klavier-Related to kristoph which did 2 crimes
And also knows daryan so he know 2 criminals and is related or know them


I love when he does his air guitar thought XD

And kristoph is just so bad-ass
i cant pick..
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 am

Posts: 63

Kay scratch that
after watching this video i pick kristoph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjfXHI8O9jM 0:40
4-1 spoilers in there
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Between Today and Tomorrow

Gender: Female

Location: lurking~

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:19 am

Posts: 80

Can't choose... :yuusaku:

Both of them are likable (and despicable) in their own ways.
:garyuu: is badass and all, but I have to agree with Asa Turney here - it's almost impossible to like him as a person.
But we're talking video game here, so... <3

Anyways, :kyouya: ...I love his musician persona more than his prosecutor persona, somehow.
I kinda sympathize with him, for some reason...maybe it's because of his adorable face that never fails to make me swoon~ *shot*

So...yeah, they're both equal to me. <3
I'll give a +1 for Klavi though, just because of his epic Objection voice clip :wall-bang:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Posts: 4

Both of them were good characters, but I have to say Kristoph his 'Objection!' is probably my favourite from AJ. :garyuu:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Bitch Prosecutor

Gender: Female

Location: Hobohodo's cardboard box.

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:09 pm

Posts: 19

Kristoph, hands down.

The problem I had with Klavier was he was too friendly to Apollo in court, like he was there to help Apollo through his cases and hold his hand the whole way. Godot, both von Karmas and Edgeworth aren't like that in the other games, they just ridiculed Phoenix and only offered sly bits of help when Phoenix was holding the Idiot Ball (when it was obvious to the players who killed who/what evidence needed to be presented).

Kristoph has a dark, twisted background that the player is unaware of the entire game, and really, that's why I'm hoping for Apollo Justice 2, so that we might have one final case to wrap everything up with the Gavins, similar to The Bridge to the Turnabout and the Feys. Also, I agree with Regi. I really liked whoever did his :objection: in the game. It was kind of feminine, but it still had that masculine quality that fit really well with his character, since he was so meticulous about everything.
"Perhaps a fifth person came and took it out? Oh, and a sixth person could've helped!"- Kristoph Gavin

Image <---- The Coolest Defense in the West.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Posts: 34

Klavier is a fascinating character. I agree he's a bit too helpful in court, but I don't get why there's anything wrong with having a prosecutor who is actually interested in reaching the truth. To me, 4-4 proved that he had some sort of inner demons and I think there needs to be some case to really get to the bottom of him. 4-4 wasn't good enough in that regard.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

I like Klavier a lot more then Kristoph. Kristoph just creeps me out...but kind of in a good way. I guess he's just an awesome villan like that :karma: .
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Heat Guy J

Gender: None specified

Location: Deutschland

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:32 am

Posts: 97

Just played the last case of AJ again recently, and it got me thinking about this topic.

I'm just going to say now that my character preference is based primarily on character development in general; I prefer characters that are well written, as I'm not really into the fanservice thing (which both characters fall prey to anyways, especially Kantilen).

Also, I never actually played AJ in English, I only played it in German, so you will have to excuse me if I miss some of the Euro references to Kantilen's mannerisms ("Achtung, Baby!" Does not stand out particularly much in a text that's entirely in German. I had no idea that they never wrote it as "Respect, baby!" in English, for example.). I didn't even know he was called Klavier for the longest time because of this.

I prefer Kristoph anyways.

And here's why:
Spoiler: AJ spoilers
Personally, I feel Kristoph is a better developed character than Kantilen. He's just downright evil, as a lot of people have been saying. He's pretty good at hiding his character, and you just think of him as this mentor-ish figure for Apollo, then you start wondering about him at the end of that case, and then he reappears again at the end. He is decidedly clever (although a bit of a pansy; seriously, nail polish?) and more subtle than other villains (von Karma shoots Gregory. Godot stabs Dahlia/Misty), and that's one of the reasons why he's so hard to catch, and I guess he's a lot like those other villains, in that he has a pretty stupid, simple reason for doing it (he thinks he's so great, and doesn't like the fact that Phoenix Wright was picked instead of him just because of something "banal" like a game of poker). And he reminds me of Kefka, in that he's one of the only few villains that actually gets what he wants --Kefka obtains godhood (if you remember from Final Fantasy VI), Kristoph gets Phoenix Wright to lose his job. But again, his appearance is plagued with fanservice, and I know it says he's 30 and all, but he just doesn't look 30 to me at all; he looks almost like Kantilen. Not that that's really a problem; if he didn't look all that attractive, I'd still prefer him over Kantilen.

Now as for Kantilen, I agree with everyone who says he needs more development, and that his character was pretty flat. As for the whole not showing emotions, he wouldn't be the only prosecutor to do that; Edgeworth acts that way a lot too. The only reason we know about it is because Gumshoe is watching him when he's not in front of Phoenix. There's just no evidence that Kantilen simply put on a cold shell; what I want to see is if he's just putting on a face and that he really has more problems behind the scenes than what we're shown, I would like to see that. I would like for some character (possibly Ema?) to come and tell us he has these problems. Or be involved with them so that we'll actually find this part of his character believable, because I don't find that believable right now. As for whether or not he's like that because he cared, I'm the kind of person who thinks that Occam's Razor is the best explanation. It's simply less complicated and more sensical that he's got more self-centered interests than caring that his brother did something bad than to think that he's like that because he was putting on a cold shell because there is nothing there that demonstrates that was the case--I need to actually see him breaking down outside of the court away from the public to be convinced that that's actually what happened. Because if you can say he was faking it, he could have been doing anything other than being what we see him as being immediately.

Everything about the guy screams Gary Stu to me. His appearance, his whole being a rockstar thing, and being a lawyer at the same time and getting all the fangirls, and even if you want to win against him, you can't because he never feels bad about losing, so you don't get any satisfaction for winning against him. He doesn't show his nervous breakdown expression all that much, and it's not because he's hard to beat like von Karma, but because you can't beat him; he gets nervous, not because Apollo is winning, but because he feels like it. Now it's not bad or wrong for prosecutors to care more about who's actually guilty than winning the trial; Edgeworth is like that too, but he had better development; there was some point in time where Edgeworth was the prosecutor who only wanted to win, and he was fun to beat when he only cared about winning, but he developed and got better. But characters like this just don't make for good opponents, and it's especially strange when Kantilen is spending his time taunting Apollo, being an arrogant prick to Phoenix and (as said before by others) withholding information if he were simply after the truth. I just don't understand what his problem is. If he isn't supposed to be a villain (well, I guess he isn't), I just don't see the point of the taunting, because it's almost condescending. It's almost as if he's telling Apollo, "Hey look, dummy! You missed this!" The whole being stupid and inexperienced thing with Phoenix Wright was actually okay in the first three games because it was actually silly, but Apollo is already inexperienced enough as it is without requiring someone else to hold his hand through the court all the time. I guess I didn't find it funny, and I didn't see why they needed Kantilen there to make him look even more inexperienced than he already is.

Now I actually don't dislike the way his appearance was designed. I do actually like the way it looks. But that's all I'm admitting to. Just because a character looks nice doesn't mean I think they're a good character.

Pauca sed matura.

Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Edgeworth Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: Edgey's sofa

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:22 am

Posts: 53

I love me some Klavier. :kyouya: I like his honesty, and sex appeal, and just overall charm. I liked that he helped Apollo out in court, because it made him stand out from the other prosecutors in the series. Yes, Kristoph is much more well-developed and has more backstory, but I just find Klavier to be overall more likable. As someone else said Kristoph is a great villain, but not a character you can really "like."

Klavier and Ema are just too cute together, too.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Attorney

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Posts: 57

I like more Kristoph. Before knowing how he really is, he's nice and kind. However, I don't like his lack of intelligence...man, blue cards , red cards...not the same thing.

Klavier it's just annoying, just the "I'm a rockstar I'm famous, love me" stereotype. However (again), I love his music theme.

As I said, I'd rather stay with Kristoph.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

HEARTC☆RE

Gender: Male

Location: Lying on a fake beach

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Posts: 138

Klavier. He's just so handsome and much more different to any other characters we've seen in the series.

I dislike Kristoph, as I found him to just be a pathetic villain. To me, he wasn't nearly as bad as he should be.
Spoiler: 4-4
I mean, come ON! He decided to kill people because Phoenix was picked over him! Pathetic.


However, that's just IMO.
Image

my heart is nuclear
love is all that I fear
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Wolf boys RULE!!! So does Shih-na!

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Posts: 29

Hmm.....I think I like Klavi more, because he's COOL, COOL, COOL!!!
Besides, Kristoph's
Spoiler:
EEEEEVIL!!!

Image Calisto Yew Goes GAGA!!!
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Posts: 43

hmmm...I recently finished Apollo Justice but I forgot what happened in detail for me to analyze lol. But lets see.

Let me first state that my opinion of the Gavin is very influenced by my despair of Phoenix's disbarment.

For Klavier I believe that he was a different take than the other prosecutors. From the start his heart was set on finding the truth, not wining the case, but to bring justice.However, such mindset did not full fill him as Apollo's rival. In Phoenix's trilogy, it was tensive because the prosecutors were very competitive. And would hammer you to prove with evidence(remember Edgeworth's annoying "what time did it take place because if its not the same time it doesn't prove your case"). In GS4 however it was just Apollo and his bracelet.

For Kristoph
I hate him.....he is an jackass nailpolish freakass. :chinami:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ace Edgeworth Fangirl

Gender: Female

Location: Edgey's sofa

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:22 am

Posts: 53

ravensep wrote:

For Kristoph
I hate him.....he is an jackass nailpolish freakass. :chinami:


I could not have said it better myself. :edgy:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Posts: 34

I find it interesting how much people hate Klavier for not being an antagonist. I for one thought this great, as every other prosecutor in the series takes the root of starting off as a complete jerk and eventually evolving to not be. It's refreshing to have a prosecutor like him, and it allows you to work together as a team against the real villains (i.e. the murderers). Also, the whole defence attorneys are good but prosecutors are bad thing that the series had going was really irritating, and Klavier sort of put a stop to that.

Now I'm hearing the argument that the character isn't very deep, but I disagree. This is a character who needs more development from the next game, sure. We can see that he's changed rather a lot between 7 years ago and the AJ era, why is this? Sure, both Klaviers search for the truth I believe, but I can't imagine young Klavier going so far as to help Phoenix on this journey. And how about Klavier's relationship with his brother? This isn't really touched in the first game, and it deserves a look.

But at any rate, I think even now he stands as a decent character. He wants the truth in court, though he's happy to play the game to get one over on Apollo for his own personal satisfaction. He's good in AJ because at first you're led to believe he's an antagonist, but gradually you realise he's a cool guy. He'll put his good friend in prison if he must. He'll put his brother in his prison if he must. All he wants is justice, just he searches for it from the prosecutor's side of the court, rather than the defense.

Oh, also I love his character quirks. The whole prosecutor meets rockstar thing, air-guitar, speaking German, totally obsessed with himself. These are all fantastic, and make him an incredibly fun character, along with the brilliant Guilty Love theme tune (The Guitar's Serenade is also great). He's definitely the funnest prosecutor to sit against...well, except maybe old Godot and his made-up proverbs...but still he's very fun, and I personally love him. He deserves a lot more respect than he gets, and he deserves a role in AA5 because his character (along with AJ) is in desperate need of development. This is why we need another AJ game, not a PW one!

Kristoph is a great villain, the moment when you turn against him in 4-1 is pretty epic, his breakdown is fantastic, and his whole look captures his character well. However, Klavier is the one that needs the love.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

I like them both, but it is a fact that Klavier needs more character development, while Kristoph, despite some few unresolved issues, has got a pretty solid personality and was a central piece of the plot.

Regarding Klavier, I think that he could be a little less... "nice" with Apollo, however, not in a von Karmic sense; it's just that sometimes Klavier hints Apollo during times that it wouldn't make sense for Klavier to do so. It gives us the impression that Klavier chooses guilty defendants on purpose and then challenges Apollo to convict them. The only case he didn't do so was during Turnabout Serenade; in that case, he went all in, even before Daryan was named a suspect. If he acted like that in all other cases, he'd be way more easy to like, in my opinion. However, he is a nice change of pace from the usual "I'm-an-asshole" routine we've been having regarding prosecutors. Even if Edgeworth changed during the series, we still had Franziska, Godot, von Karma and even PAYNE at 3-1 was being a pain in the eye with the usual arroganct stance towards the case and attorneys. The only time when Klavier displays arrogance or anything of the sort is when someone talks about him directly or when he's talking about Wocky (and frankly, the guy deserves it). We all know he teases Apollo more for fun than enything else.

Now, about Kristoph. I don't like him more than Klavier for one reason: I don't tend to like villains over "good guys". But leaving that aside, Kristoph was an example of a true "big bad". The way he so perfectly fits the description of a psychopath and his mindset, not to mention class and nice use of language even in the face of despair, brings us that feeling that we're not facing your average Frank Sahwit guy.
However, I do believe those black Psyche-Locks deserve cracking. I don't like unsolved mysteries, damn it.
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Posts: 34

VCM wrote:
However, I do believe those black Psyche-Locks deserve cracking. I don't like unsolved mysteries, damn it.


I've always been of the opinion that those Psyche-Locks were cracked in court. It would've been nice if the game made this clear in some way however, if that is the case.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

Cream147 wrote:
VCM wrote:
However, I do believe those black Psyche-Locks deserve cracking. I don't like unsolved mysteries, damn it.


I've always been of the opinion that those Psyche-Locks were cracked in court. It would've been nice if the game made this clear in some way however, if that is the case.

I don´t think so.
That would be like the lame assest excuse, EVER.

But, come to think of it, wasn´t there something like that with Larry in Bridge to the Turnabout?
He had psycholocks about the flying Iris-Picture as well...

But, COME ON. D:
Black Psyche-Locks? There´s just GOTTA be some kind of proper explanation.
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Las Vegas

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:22 am

Posts: 18

peter2201 wrote:
Klavier.

His objection is my second favorite(next to edgeworths). :edgeworth:


Kristophs objection is the catchiest :)



in terms of character though, I like them both for what they are
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

when i become meguca ur shit is wrecked

Gender: Female

Location: Varian World

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 am

Posts: 341

Kristoph. Klavier is too stale for my tastes. :garyuu:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

No, I refuse to write anything...

Gender: Female

Location: ....Well....

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Posts: 105

I hate Klavier with every fiber of my being...
He's too arrogant and narcissistic...yeah, OK, he cares about the law and such...but he always makes me cringe...

Kristoph, I like...
Spoiler: 4-1, 4-4
He was very clever when setting up his crimes, giving them a sophisticated touch... :violin:

Some secret wait to be discovered...some never are...
Some secrets lay in the shadows...and Justice is the Light...

Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

I think both the Gavins are devilishly handsome, but not as handsome as Edgeworth of course. :edgy:
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ha...!

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:37 pm

Posts: 167

i like both their pompous asses :uramidn:

but in-game, i agree kristoph has the more developed character. it really irks me how klavier resorts to insulting apollo in court (and i don't even like apollo). i think i prefer the rock star persona more than the prosecutor, though i wish he was less of a bitch rock star-wise about a missed cue that nobody save for a select few even noticed.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:42 am

Posts: 41

Hmmm, Kristoph. I liked them both though.
Klavier just seemed too back and forth, like they couldn't decide whether he should be cocky and rude like most prosecutors, or kind and helpful. So both sides came out sorta awkward. Still, I didn't mind the whole rock-star-prosecutor thing. I can understand some finding it ridiculous, but this is the series where a parrot gives vital testimony in court, my tolerance for weird is pretty high. Plus, his air guitar animation was just awesome. But on the topic, I pretty much felt he was justified in his annoyance in 4-3. If I was performing in front of a thousand people, my instrument caught fire, and I ended up flailing all over the place, I think I'd be pretty ticked too. And a missed cue seems like a little thing, but the end of the song did sound pretty awful because of it.
I digress. Kristoph was pretty intriguing to me, even though his motive turned out pretty flimsy. Still, I liked how he talked, his 99% of the time cool composure, and the fact that he was freaking terrifying and kinda hot to me. I knew he was pretty much completely evil from the start, so throughout 4-4 I enjoyed bits like seeing his matching nail polish to Vera's. For now, I'm gonna keep hoping we haven't completely cracked those black psyche locks, and there's more to come.
So yeah, both characters could really benefit from some development, maybe (hopefully?) in GS5.
Image
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

You guys make great arguments about Klavier. I too think he's lacking character development which makes me wish Apollo could get a second game.
This is a disappointment for me since there was plenty of character development in the first Ace Attorney game for me to love Edgeworth.

But about Klavier being too friendly in court, I find it kind of refreshing that we have a prosecutor that isn't obsessed with a perfect win record or obsessed with revenge. Wasn't it proven in case 1-5 that the defense and the prosecution need to work together to make sure justice gets steered in the right direction?
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title

grumpy 24*7

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Posts: 2

Klavier from the womb,Klavier to the tomb.
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

[Whip the cream!]

Gender: Male

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am

Posts: 7039

I like Kristoph. Apart from the fact that he fascinates me and makes me curious I like his dry wit and such. And... well, this is pretty irrelevant, but damn, the man has style. :kristoph:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

New~

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Posts: 138

Kristoph Gavin.
Sidenote here: I may be petty, but i felt that takedown on him was not enough. He needs a Dahlia-style takedown.

Kristoph is a useless and corrupt attorney. He resorts to tampering and fake evidence to win the case. HE WILL use that tampered message, if he got recruited by Zak. He never used his own logic and investigations. He is lazy as hell, he isn't Phoenix. All that he cares is his name and reputation. So when he isn't recruited, he decided to pin the blame on Wright. I'm sure there are many cases before that he resorts to evidence tampering or even blackmail/harassing the witness. Some of his client must be really is GUILTY(Matt Engarde's style). But for his name and reputation, he used evidence tampering instead of informing the truth. He wanted to be known throughout the country as BETTER Defense Attorney than Phoenix Wright.

What i wish, is that if he ever got executed and revived via Fey clan(Deal with this, i never care about it, wearing girl clothing? Fine by me). He needs to be told Dahlia-way.
Phoenix: "And that is what you are known for."
Kristoph: "!!"
Phoenix: " Your name will be recorded throughout the article and history, as the worst, weakest, and useless defense attorney who resorts to evidence tampering, blackmail and murder. Even if you got revived and reinstated as defense attorney, no one will use you, since you are useless. Ever since you were disbarred, you'll ALWAYS become the weakest DEFENSE ATTORNEY!"
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: polar vortex

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Posts: 20

I really like Klavier. As others have stated, it's nice to have a "good" prosecutor featured, as all five prosecutors you face in the original trilogy are harsh or corrupt or just useless. Not saying that Edgey and Franzy are bad, per say, but they definitely have those ruthless personalities, and it's cool seeing someone like Klavier who is equally dedicated to his work but has a very fair and friendly aura to him. He proves you don't have to be mean and cold to be driven.

I don't understand why this is a bad thing, to have such a "boring" prosecutor in Klavier (I don't think he is, I've just seen him labeled as such because he doesn't have some DARK PAST). I would love to see a Klavier game set before AJ, but that's just me :P
Re: Which Gavin do like (or hate) more?Topic%20Title
User avatar

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Gender: Female

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Posts: 120

Weeeeeelllll if it wasn't obvious enough from my profile here, Klavier is my love favourite character. :rock'n:

I COULD rant on about why I adore him, but I don't want to make a post 9 paragraphs long. :sillytrucy: I just adore absolutely every facet of his personality, and design.

But I ADORE Kristoph as well. He's snarky comments, his entire demeanor, his calm countenance that was later contrasted, and the fact that he was intelligent in general; there was nothing I disliked about Kristoph, in fact I loved him ! He was a great character, and I just wish he got more screen time, and that he and his amazing brother got more interaction with one another.

SO in essence, I like Klavier more, but Kristoph is amazing! The Gavin family is just too pro! :redd:
Image
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3
Page 2 of 3 [ 92 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO