Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 38 of 40[ 1572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 


Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Gender: Female

Location: Yamanashi, Japan

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Posts: 539

Cohdopia Over All wrote:
NinjAngel wrote:
But, if we want more backstory (which we do), then a good way to get that going would be to have something from Apollo's past creep up on him in the form of one of his trials...

Just as long as we don't have a repeat of 3-1 by having Kristoph defend his future protege or anything like that; just because it happened to Phoenix shouldn't mean Apollo ought to be accused of murder too earlier in his life (for that matter, I hope Trucy can get through GS5 without getting accused of murder like Maya did).


See, I actually kind of wouldn't mind this...^^;; All my speculating on this topic can be found earlier in the thread...probably on this page, actually (I'm too lazy to look XD).

Alice wrote:
I agree with NinjAngel. The story about the Gramaryes is magnificent! Even better than the Fey family, though, I have to admit that I am more intrigued by magic than spirit channeling (it seems so scary... channeling dead people). I look forward to GS5 because of Apollo and the continuing story of the Gramaryes. There is a lot of potential, since there was ton of unanswered questions in GS4. Most importantly the fact that Trucy and Apollo are related. I want to see how this is revealed to them.

I am so impatient for this new game, especially because we don't have any info about it! Oh well.

Personal plot for Apollo? YES. I would love to see him deciding something drastic like how Phoenix had to choose between guilty and not guilty for Matt Engarde in JFA. But I do not want to see Trucy kidnapped. Nope. Trucy doesn't seem like the type to get into a lot of trouble like Maya. More like causing trouble. lol


God, that family is just so fantastic. XD I just wonder what other kinds of things the eyes could be used for...if they could be used for anything else, at all. Or if there's something else in the blood that would let them get a deeper insight on a person...kind of like real magic. O_O

And OH PERSONAL PLOT I WANT YOU! CAPCOM~ Give it to me please~ OH PLEASE!~

EDIT: OH HEY NEW PAGE. I guess this means all my speculating would now be on the PREVIOUS page. XD
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meep? :<

Gender: Female

Location: The middle of nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Posts: 170

I honestly can't see Trucy getting either captured or accused of murder. If she were to be kidnapped, I can see her breaking free by herself from her kidnapper using her magic tricks or just her wits. XD Maybe it's me, but I see Trucy as being much more clever than Maya was. I think she'd be able to avoid those kinds of scenarios with less effort.

I agree with everyone else that GS5 should throw Apollo into a case that's far more personal to him. We haven't had a case of that nature yet, so I'd like to see how it would play out. That, and it'd reveal a side of Apollo's personality that we have yet to see! I remember NinjAngel sharing her ideas about his potential backstory earlier in this thread, and if he truly had been something along the lines of a delinquent... a more personal case would cause that part of him to resurface as he begins to feel more stress. I want to see a case that'll force him to question his thoughts and feelings (something along the lines of 2-4 or AAI-5).

So many possibilities! :odoroki:
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Gender: Female

Location: Yamanashi, Japan

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Posts: 539

arcane-phoenix wrote:
I honestly can't see Trucy getting either captured or accused of murder. If she were to be kidnapped, I can see her breaking free by herself from her kidnapper using her magic tricks or just her wits. XD Maybe it's me, but I see Trucy as being much more clever than Maya was. I think she'd be able to avoid those kinds of scenarios with less effort.

I agree with everyone else that GS5 should throw Apollo into a case that's far more personal to him. We haven't had a case of that nature yet, so I'd like to see how it would play out. That, and it'd reveal a side of Apollo's personality that we have yet to see! I remember NinjAngel sharing her ideas about his potential backstory earlier in this thread, and if he truly had been something along the lines of a delinquent... a more personal case would cause that part of him to resurface as he begins to feel more stress. I want to see a case that'll force him to question his thoughts and feelings (something along the lines of 2-4 or AAI-5).

So many possibilities! :odoroki:


...now that I think about it, I'm gonna agree about Trucy. She just seems more "on it" than Maya ever did. XD

And yes! Delinquent backstory! And I can imagine that he went through some sort of "program" (of his own volition or otherwise) that tried to get him to be more polite/less angry with others. Stress (like the faked evidence in the first case) made him forget himself for a second, so he punched Phoenix. He was evidently surprised by it, so it was just an emotional reaction that he lost control of. Now, if a whole case was like that...WIN. SO WIN.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meep? :<

Gender: Female

Location: The middle of nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Posts: 170

I was looking around this website for more fanart because it's a personal favorite of mine, and I found an absolutely adorable picture of Apollo! <3 I think it was added fairly recently.

Spoiler: He's so... smiley!
Image

Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Posts: 158

arcane-phoenix wrote:
I was looking around this website for more fanart because it's a personal favorite of mine, and I found an absolutely adorable picture of Apollo! <3 I think it was added fairly recently.

Spoiler: He's so... smiley!
Image

*squeal* So adorable!

*ahem* Excuse me. :oops:


Is it so wrong to fan-girl over adorkable Apollo? Sure, there are fan-girls of Edgeworth, Klavier, Godot, but why not Apollo? I think there isn't enough Apollo fans out there. *sighs* I always feel like I like the under-appreciated. Why is that?
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.


Last edited by Alice on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Meep? :<

Gender: Female

Location: The middle of nowhere

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Posts: 170

Alice wrote:
*squeal* So adorable!

*ahem* Excuse me. :oops:


Is it so wrong to fan-girl over adorkable Apollo? Sure, there are fan-girls of Edgeworth, Klavier, Godot, but why not Apollo? I think there isn't enough Apollo fans other there. *sighs* I always feel like I like the under-appreciated. Why is that?


I know, right? At least he has more fans than my personal favorite, Machi. XD; Most of my favorites are characters who are either overlooked or minor players in the story. Apollo needs fans like us to come through for him!
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Posts: 158

arcane-phoenix wrote:
Alice wrote:
*squeal* So adorable!

*ahem* Excuse me. :oops:


Is it so wrong to fan-girl over adorkable Apollo? Sure, there are fan-girls of Edgeworth, Klavier, Godot, but why not Apollo? I think there isn't enough Apollo fans other there. *sighs* I always feel like I like the under-appreciated. Why is that?


I know, right? At least he has more fans than my personal favorite, Machi. XD; Most of my favorites are characters who are either overlooked or minor players in the story. Apollo needs fans like us to come through for him!

Yes! We must be dedicated Apollo fans to catch up to the rest of the fans of the other characters. Even though, that will be tough. We won't give up, though!

Apollo is the main character of his game, right? Why isn't there more fans for him, anyway? Because of Phoenix and his games, right? Or is there another reason...
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Gender: Female

Location: Yamanashi, Japan

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Posts: 539

arcane-phoenix wrote:
I was looking around this website for more fanart because it's a personal favorite of mine, and I found an absolutely adorable picture of Apollo! <3 I think it was added fairly recently.

Spoiler: He's so... smiley!
Image


OMG THIS WEBSITE. <3 I love KK. ADORE. And I also love that picture. <3 this is her Drawr site--if you click on the pictures, you can even see the drawing process. Some of them are so cute~

...And Apollo seriously needs more love.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

You Can (Not) Be A Lady-bitch

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:56 am

Posts: 721

Apollo is just pure beginner awesomeness, hands down. So what if Phoenix made the series famous? So what if Edgey's so damn sexy? So what if Payne's hairstyles don't look funny like Apollo's "demonic horns"? I say to heck with them, cut Polly some slack, and go chill out and play something not AJ-related, like Clock Tower or something.

Oh, and by the way, that picture of Apollo...... *goes off and starts fangirl squealing* X3
"If I have to write a novel of a post to get your attention, then something is wrong."

"The inside might be as black as the night, but at the end of the tunnel there's a light~!"
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Posts: 158

Squeaker-Ed wrote:
Apollo is just pure beginner awesomeness, hands down. So what if Phoenix made the series famous? So what if Edgey's so damn sexy? So what if Payne's hairstyles don't look funny like Apollo's "demonic horns"? I say to heck with them, cut Polly some slack, and go chill out and play something not AJ-related, like Clock Tower or something.

Oh, and by the way, that picture of Apollo...... *goes off and starts fangirl squealing* X3

Totally agreed! Apollo is just starting his career as a lawyer, cut him some slack.

For a beginner, he still has some fans squealing when they see cute pictures of him. XD *squeals*

Ooh, when is the next game going to come out? At least tell us some info about who the next main character it is going to be (probably Apollo, I think). I'm giving Capcom 'til the end of this year to tell us something about GS5. I can't stand waiting any longer! There are so many loose ends in GS4! *pouts* Oh well... I'll just replay GS4 again and again to keep me occupied. It's my 5th playthrough now. :P
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

You Can (Not) Be A Lady-bitch

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:56 am

Posts: 721

Alice wrote:
Totally agreed! Apollo is just starting his career as a lawyer, cut him some slack.

For a beginner, he still has some fans squealing when they see cute pictures of him. XD *squeals*

Ooh, when is the next game going to come out? At least tell us some info about who the next main character it is going to be (probably Apollo, I think). I'm giving Capcom 'til the end of this year to tell us something about GS5. I can't stand waiting any longer! There are so many loose ends in GS4! *pouts* Oh well... I'll just replay GS4 again and again to keep me occupied. It's my 5th playthrough now. :P

Dunno when GS5 comes out, but let's pray for Apollo's sake that he's the main character. Hell, since I'm already doing summer updates on the dubs of Kuroshitsuji and Hetalia, I might as well see if I can find updates for GS5. How does that sound, hm?

But the fangirls squeal for a reason: Because he's so dang cute!! *super slow-mo fainting action* X3
"If I have to write a novel of a post to get your attention, then something is wrong."

"The inside might be as black as the night, but at the end of the tunnel there's a light~!"
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Gender: Female

Location: Yamanashi, Japan

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Posts: 539

Alice wrote:
At least tell us some info about who the next main character it is going to be (probably Apollo, I think)


If it's not, then I'm expecting a large group of people to start petitioning Capcom. >:D

Squeaker-Ed wrote:
Blahblahblah Hetalia blahblahblah


I love you. Yay movie! Any ideas for the plot?
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

You Can (Not) Be A Lady-bitch

Gender: Female

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:56 am

Posts: 721

NinjAngel wrote:
Alice wrote:
At least tell us some info about who the next main character it is going to be (probably Apollo, I think)


If it's not, then I'm expecting a large group of people to start petitioning Capcom. >:D

I'd love to see that, with every petitioner having the same hair spikes as Apollo. XD

NinjAngel wrote:
Squeaker-Ed wrote:
Blahblahblah Hetalia blahblahblah


I love you. Yay movie! Any ideas for the plot?

XD No need to thank me yet,, although I hear that Prussia's gonna be in the movie, but that's off-topic anyway... *does a little dance to "Marukaite Chikyuu"*
"If I have to write a novel of a post to get your attention, then something is wrong."

"The inside might be as black as the night, but at the end of the tunnel there's a light~!"
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

i'll get an avvy later

Gender: Male

Location: blarg

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:46 am

Posts: 360

that's a lot of quotes

anyway polly is still great anyway and you don't have to go in depth to make others understand, they just won't accept it anyway

also i like trolly and you can't stop me cause i also got apollema as a backup pairing.
Spoiler: All AA games
the following people are EEEEEEEVIL:
karma, gant, morgan le fey, slashface aka engarde, penguin/atmey, black dahlia, and devil's hand (aka hirohiko aka figure it out yourself)
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

AISU!

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 2:30 am

Posts: 75

I love dear Apolly-Chan too! May I Join in on the chat? See well, I Love Apollo more than Phoenix, I just want to hug him, how cute he is!
I don't know what to put here :meekins: Maybe I should find that Apollo Sig, I once had.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Posts: 158

latiaslover97 wrote:
I love dear Apolly-Chan too! May I Join in on the chat? See well, I Love Apollo more than Phoenix, I just want to hug him, how cute he is!

Of course you can join! More love for Polly, the better.

*squeals* Just coming here makes me squeal.

When I saw this video with a cameo on Apollo and Klavier, I was squealing! Only about Apollo, though. I had to print out that little chibi Apollo and stick it on my desk, so now he is watching me as I type this... And my friend is gonna make me a button of this picture, which is fully coloured.

Image
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Stand back! I'm about to try SCIENCE!

Gender: Female

Location: Here. No wait, I meant there! Or In florida! Don't Hurt MEEE!

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Posts: 146

Hey! So I appreciate Apollo. Quite much in fact. I appreciate his earnestness and his CHORDS of STEEL and I appreciate his character dynamics and I appreciate his back story and I appreciate his...adorable huggableness.

OKAY I ADMIT IT! I love Phoenix, but Gosh Darn it if Apollo isn't so much more attractive!

And um... yeah... now that that's off my chest...

LOOK! AN UNFINISHED SKETCH OF TINY-APOLLO!

Image

I also definitely don't do a sprite comic or anything. Nope.

*Flees*
Image
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Posts: 158

Yay, you're here, Untaken Fingerprint!

I really love how Apollo interacts with the other characters. I play his game multiple times because of that, and the fact that
Spoiler: whole game
Apollo and Trucy are siblings. Their interactions are so hilarious! I really love them as siblings and partners-in-crime.


I want more Apollo. Is that so wrong?

*looks at sketch* Is that young Apollo, I see? 8D
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I can see you, from here!

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 am

Posts: 1021

Alice wrote:
arcane-phoenix wrote:
Alice wrote:
*squeal* So adorable!

*ahem* Excuse me. :oops:


Is it so wrong to fan-girl over adorkable Apollo? Sure, there are fan-girls of Edgeworth, Klavier, Godot, but why not Apollo? I think there isn't enough Apollo fans other there. *sighs* I always feel like I like the under-appreciated. Why is that?


I know, right? At least he has more fans than my personal favorite, Machi. XD; Most of my favorites are characters who are either overlooked or minor players in the story. Apollo needs fans like us to come through for him!

Yes! We must be dedicated Apollo fans to catch up to the rest of the fans of the other characters. Even though, that will be tough. We won't give up, though!

Apollo is the main character of his game, right? Why isn't there more fans for him, anyway? Because of Phoenix and his games, right? Or is there another reason...

I think part of the whole 'Apollo dislike' thing is because people don't like changes like this. Any time you get a series where the main character gets replaced, there's always a group that hates the 'new guy' no matter what.

On topic, however, I did like Apollo. He had more character development than Phoenix, in my opinion, (That is, Phoenix throughout the first three games.) and he's probably my favorite character in AJ (3-way tie between him, Kristoph, and Hobohodo)
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Stand back! I'm about to try SCIENCE!

Gender: Female

Location: Here. No wait, I meant there! Or In florida! Don't Hurt MEEE!

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Posts: 146

Alice wrote:
Yay, you're here, Untaken Fingerprint!

*looks at sketch* Is that young Apollo, I see? 8D


Yup. I drew him when he was 8. I was kind of sick of every one's "Young Apollo" being a teenager. When I say young... I mean YOUNG dang it!

OriginalBubs wrote:
Alice wrote:
Yes! We must be dedicated Apollo fans to catch up to the rest of the fans of the other characters. Even though, that will be tough. We won't give up, though!

Apollo is the main character of his game, right? Why isn't there more fans for him, anyway? Because of Phoenix and his games, right? Or is there another reason...

I think part of the whole 'Apollo dislike' thing is because people don't like changes like this. Any time you get a series where the main character gets replaced, there's always a group that hates the 'new guy' no matter what.

On topic, however, I did like Apollo. He had more character development than Phoenix, in my opinion, (That is, Phoenix throughout the first three games.) and he's probably my favorite character in AJ (3-way tie between him, Kristoph, and Hobohodo)


I understand people who liked Phoenix better then Apollo. What I DON'T understand is people who think GS5 should be another Phoenix game. Let's face it, Phoenix has CLOSURE right now. T&T brought together his back story, his aide's backstory and his mentor's in one big finale. AJ brought closure on his disbarment. Phoenix has no loose ends. Any Phoenix era characters who come back would be just that, Coming BACK. Reopening a plot thread.

But Apollo and Trucy have so much back-story to be explored. So many questions to be answered that it's clear that the next game will be an Apollo Justice 2. And, In my opinion, better for it. I've always loved the Hobo Phoenix-Trucy-Apollo dynamic better than Phoenix-Maya-Pearl.

I admit that the cases need to be a bit better constructed, but that is a production team problem. Not a Protagonist.
Image
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Twisted Samurai

Gender: Male

Location: Wherever I may roam.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Posts: 4848

About the character evolution:I think Phoenix didn't develop THAT much at all, I mean we learn one of his exfriends and THAT was it
From Apollo we learn The mother and the sister and he changed a lot in the game itself
But I still like Phoenix a bit more since his objection (in german and eglish)sounds WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better
Image
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

I can see you, from here!

Gender: Male

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 am

Posts: 1021

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
About the character evolution:I think Phoenix didn't develop THAT much at all, I mean we learn one of his exfriends and THAT was it
From Apollo we learn The mother and the sister and he changed a lot in the game itself
But I still like Phoenix a bit more since his objection (in german and eglish)sounds WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better

That was my point, that Apollo, as a main character, had much more development then Phoenix, pre-AJ.
And I do like Phoenix more, however, I'm just saying that Apollo doesn't deserve the hateful words. It's not Apollo's fault the game's cases weren't that well constructed.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 pm

Posts: 158

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
About the character evolution:I think Phoenix didn't develop THAT much at all, I mean we learn one of his exfriends and THAT was it
From Apollo we learn The mother and the sister and he changed a lot in the game itself
But I still like Phoenix a bit more since his objection (in german and eglish)sounds WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better

Well, the first game wasn't intended for a sequel (so Phoenix already had lots of development), and he really improved as an attorney. He even developed between T&T and AJ being a father and all. He pretty much has 3 evolutions: college Phoenix, attorney Phoenix and hobo-Phoenix. We also know why he became an attorney, and stuff like that.

Apollo, on the other hand, we barely know much about him. The things we know about he, he doesn't know, himself (e.g. being part of the the troupe, and what his bracelet really is). He is still a rookie, and is just evolving, unlike Phoenix in his first game. I think Apollo is a very mysterious character. I have lots of questions about him. Why did he became a defense attorney? Does he have any other friends, like how Phoenix has Larry and Miles? What was his past life?

I agree with Untaken Fingerprint. (Lots more story to be explored, and I am itching to see it.) I'm such a sucker for cute family relationships. Phoenix and Trucy, and adding Apollo into the mix, makes hilarious conversations. XD

And for the cases being not as good probably is because of the fact that the team was trying to implement in the jury system, since Japan was switching to it the following year. I don't know how the jury system is doing in Japan, but after a few years of it, the next game hopefully will be able to implement it better. (Though, I don't really see what the problem is with the cases besides the 4-3.)

AJ:AA is like the transition game from Phoenix to Apollo. Even Phoenix said something to that effect in 4-1. It's Apollo's story from here on out, and I'm interested to see how it will go. :D
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ugh. Lawyers.

Gender: None specified

Location: Boston

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Posts: 403

Hey y'all~ It's been a while! I've been studying abroad for a month [ironically] and then I came home to drama, drama, drama so I've been busy. Now I have school.

Oh man, this thread went to the second page? Tsk tsk. Let's get it back to the top. <3

What to talk about...? I should go through all this and comment. But what about-

The fact that there might not be any new Ace Attorney games.
What.
Courtroom Romance Afficianado || Talk to me about your fav rarepairs
Apollo Justice Deserves Better
Next Turnabout Boston meetup ---> n/a
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

What is my liiiife?!?

Gender: Male

Location: UK

Rank: Admin

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 am

Posts: 2504

It was always going to be that there might not be any new AA games. The same thing happened after GS3, even more so considering that Phoenix's arc was seemingly done. Yet it returned. Same thing could happen here.

I'm not saying that we should be raising our hopes unneccisarily, but these sort of doom and gloom pessimism isn't really useful either. We should just go on as normal, and wait to see what happens. :)
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Gender: Female

Location: Yamanashi, Japan

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Posts: 539

So I feel like doing a thread revival, because news of GK2 has gotten me back into the series hardcore (and I still can't believe I found out about GK2 so far after the fact, but that's all done now).

Some people were talking about GK2 somehow bridging the continuity gap between PW and AJ. It's super-idealistic, but I wish it would happen. Because I'm sick and tired of Capcom avoiding what THEY put on the Ace Attorney creative team. Though I do <i>love</i> Phoenix's involvement in the AJ-era, I feel like if he wasn't there the fifth game might have come out by now because the game wouldn't have been so decisive. Maybe. But it's done, and they need to wrap up everything they couldn't with a single game. Just....

I want Apollo's past explained so bad it HURTS~
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am

Posts: 566

As long as this thread's alive again (albeit maybe only temporarily), I'm going to go ahead and say something that is

Sarcasm
absolutely original and has not already been said 10 billion times on this thread alone.


I don't care what the haters say, Apollo is no empty character. He may remind us of Phoenix at times, but he is definitely (and pleasantly) distinct. The desire to see his story continued in GS5 is eating away at me like a friggin' canceeeeeeer!

NinjAngel wrote:
Some people were talking about GK2 somehow bridging the continuity gap between PW and AJ. It's super-idealistic, but I wish it would happen.


Keep wishing. After all, hope is all we have. :acro:

NinjAngel wrote:
I want Apollo's past explained so bad it HURTS~


With the mother of all epic finales to round it off! And in this series, that would be a task of colossal proportions. But I'm sure they could do it! :edgy:
Image


Totally not my sig...
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

Gender: Female

Location: Austria

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Posts: 817

Apollo is an awesome character. It's just that Phoenix ate too much of his screen time.

I wish he would have gotten all the spotlight he deserves! He's talented, has a great personality (kind of like Phoenix, yet different) interesting origins and much potential to develope! He NEEDS another game, you hear me?

ALL HAIL THE STEEL CHORDS! :odoroki:
Image

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Max Sugar, No Taste

Gender: Female

Location: Forssa, Finland

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Posts: 223

I have to take part to this thread like this, about two million years late, now that I've played GS4 through twice. I liked Apollo from the very beginning (his "I'm Apollo Justice and I'm fine" -speech), but I'm slowly growing to like the Gramaryes and their story as well. I still think Zak is an asshole and Valant is annoying, but I kinda like them for that. :D;;
How awesome would it be if we got a GS5 and saw some mother and son -interaction between Thalassa and Apollo?
Image
Banner by PandaPrinzessin

No squealing
remember that it's all in your head
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

OBJECTION!

Gender: Male

Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am

Posts: 2583

Something from Apollo's past coming up in a trial sounds good!
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Beautiful flower

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 am

Posts: 186

With the announcement of PL vs GS, I'd like to point this out.

Quote:

Inafune said, "We want to make Gyakuten Saiban 5. Takumi must make an effort. Making 'Professor Layton vs Gyakuten Saiban' will bring a good effect for him."


Keep that hope alive, guys! :odoroki:
Image
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Gender: Female

Location: Yamanashi, Japan

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Posts: 539

Haha, what, I actually kind of can't believe this thread is still going, albeit more slowly than it has been.

Chips wrote:
With the announcement of PL vs GS, I'd like to point this out.

Quote:

Inafune said, "We want to make Gyakuten Saiban 5. Takumi must make an effort. Making 'Professor Layton vs Gyakuten Saiban' will bring a good effect for him."


Keep that hope alive, guys! :odoroki:


I'm trying to remember my reaction to this statement, but it was something like "fjdaklfhda *jumps off chair*"

...yeah, I think that's about right.

Also, I've seen a lot of Ghost Trick/Ace Attorney crossover/group art. Including quite a few with Apollo and...Sissel, right? Because they both wear red. Edgeworth is sometimes included as well.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am

Posts: 566

NinjAngel wrote:
Also, I've seen a lot of Ghost Trick/Ace Attorney crossover/group art. Including quite a few with Apollo and...Sissel, right? Because they both wear red. Edgeworth is sometimes included as well.


Uhh...really? :eh?:

Where is this art you speak of?
Image


Totally not my sig...
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 am

Posts: 63

Greener223 wrote:
that's a lot of quotes

anyway polly is still great anyway and you don't have to go in depth to make others understand, they just won't accept it anyway

also i like trolly and you can't stop me cause i also got apollema as a backup pairing.


Woot trolly! *high five*
Image
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Ugh. Lawyers.

Gender: None specified

Location: Boston

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Posts: 403

So I hadn't gotten on here in a while. And then the forums went down.

I missed you guys.
Courtroom Romance Afficianado || Talk to me about your fav rarepairs
Apollo Justice Deserves Better
Next Turnabout Boston meetup ---> n/a
Next Cons for 2016:
NYCC
AAC
Katsucon [??]
Anime Boston
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Gender: Female

Location: Yamanashi, Japan

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:00 pm

Posts: 539

>this thread

First and foremost, YAY. LOVE. HAPPINESS.

Second...I don't know how to feel for thinking this, but I can't be the only one that really wants Takumi to get back on this series after working PLvsAA...and go back to Apollo, right? I mean...I suppose I can sort of see how, if the "story" of AA was more on the corrupt court system (and the characters were just a way to tell that story), Takumi could consider the "finished"...and I suppose it's possible to think that, no matter HOW interesting the tidbits that were brought up were, they didn't really impact any kind of plot progression for another game...

Also, Eshiro is fine too. I enjoyed GK...and what I got to play of GK2 before I got sick and tired of trying to translate everything on the fly.

BUT GOD DAMMIT I STILL WANT.
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Canada

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Posts: 284

I LOVE Polly! He's so lovable, I can't believe people bash him just because he's
"Not Phoenix"
That is NOT a reason to hate a character.
Spoiler: LOOK AT THAT FAACCE
Image

Yeah, I've kind of become a bit of an Apollo fangirl.
Image
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Location: North America

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 pm

Posts: 83

Apollo is awesome, and so are his chords of steel xD Even though I love Phoenix, Apollo deserves to have his own game and to develop his own character, but that won't happen if Phoenix is always in the picture.

:phoenix: He just loves the attention xD
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Beautiful flower

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 am

Posts: 186

NinjAngel wrote:
>this thread

First and foremost, YAY. LOVE. HAPPINESS.

Second...I don't know how to feel for thinking this, but I can't be the only one that really wants Takumi to get back on this series after working PLvsAA...and go back to Apollo, right? I mean...I suppose I can sort of see how, if the "story" of AA was more on the corrupt court system (and the characters were just a way to tell that story), Takumi could consider the "finished"...and I suppose it's possible to think that, no matter HOW interesting the tidbits that were brought up were, they didn't really impact any kind of plot progression for another game...

Also, Eshiro is fine too. I enjoyed GK...and what I got to play of GK2 before I got sick and tired of trying to translate everything on the fly.

BUT GOD DAMMIT I STILL WANT.

I want Takumi back too. :sadshoe: But as much as I want him to come back and make AJ2, it really depend on him whether he want to do it or not.

That said, AJ leaves open many possibilities. There are so much things to explore, such as Apollo's past, Kristoph's Psyche-Locks, Apollo's seemingly dead dad, the path Apollo will take, his Perceive, Jury Trial and many more.

AJ2 has the potential to be awesome, but it's stuck there right now. :uramidn:
Image
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread
Re: Apollo Appreciation Thread! (may contain spoilers)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am

Posts: 566

NinjAngel wrote:
I can't be the only one that really wants Takumi to get back on this series after working PLvsAA...and go back to Apollo, right?

No. No you're not. :ami:

NinjAngel wrote:
I mean...I suppose I can sort of see how, if the "story" of AA was more on the corrupt court system (and the characters were just a way to tell that story), Takumi could consider the "finished"...and I suppose it's possible to think that, no matter HOW interesting the tidbits that were brought up were, they didn't really impact any kind of plot progression for another game...


That appears to be his own justification for "considering the series finished." Still, even if that's so, I'd sure like to know whose bright idea it was to say "a new era begins" (twice!), not to mention "a new story is about to unfold," also from that second trailer. Even if Takumi himself "considered the series finished" after GS4, there's no doubt that the marketing for this game just screamed "new trilogy!" :nick:
Image


Totally not my sig...
Page 38 of 40 [ 1572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO