Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 23 posts ]

Lana's return?Topic%20Title

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

I just completed Case 5 again (the first time I did so after Ema being announced) and on the credits Lana says she's going to work her way back up and work on cases with Ema.

This means she could return, I think the final case only though. What do you guys think?
Re: Lana's return?Topic%20Title

I think that may be possible, even though I haven't played Case 5.

Queen Of The Mods

Ah, I'd love Lana to return. Not as Head Prosecutor though, I don't think the PW legal system is that screwed up. It'd be nice to see her as a normal prosecutor, or even go up against her in court, maybe as Case 4 cameo prosecutor? One thing they'd have to work through though is that Lana, by the end of Case 5, is pretty much like GS2 Edgey, she only wants to get to the truth. They made GS2 Edgey interesting with the whole
Spoiler:
'OMG! He's not actually dead.' thing, and the fact you have to work together to prolong the trial and get Maya back.

But that would be pretty hard to do with Lana. I think, if you wanted a good case with a prosecutor that'd do almost anything to get a guilty verdict, you'd need to involve Ema somehow...

~We will become one~

Location: ~I am here, I can definitely feel you, we are here in the same sunny spot~

Impulse wrote:
Ah, I'd love Lana to return. Not as Head Prosecutor though, I don't think the PW legal system is that screwed up. It'd be nice to see her as a normal prosecutor, or even go up against her in court, maybe as Case 4 cameo prosecutor? One thing they'd have to work through though is that Lana, by the end of Case 5, is pretty much like GS2 Edgey, she only wants to get to the truth. They made GS2 Edgey interesting with the whole
Spoiler:
'OMG! He's not actually dead.' thing, and the fact you have to work together to prolong the trial and get Maya back.

But that would be pretty hard to do with Lana. I think, if you wanted a good case with a prosecutor that'd do almost anything to get a guilty verdict, you'd need to involve Ema somehow...
Going up against her would be great but you shouldn't put
Spoiler:
GS2 Edgey
anyway cause just saying that is spoilers. Sadshoe

Built For The Kill

Tomoe (Lana) would be 38-40 years old by GS4, so I'm not entirely sure if she's working with Akane as a subordinate. If she were the prosecutor, I'm also not so sure if that would be a good idea.

In fact, the whole idea of Tomoe returning just made my thoughts about GS4 not being Odoroki's story anymore because of too many recurring characters much more confusing. Too many characters from Naruhodou's arc will end up overshadowing Odoroki's own. That'd make GS4 a lame game. It's fine enough as it is with just Odoroki, Minuki, The Garyuu Brothers, Akane, and El Hobo.

In short, I feel that there isn't a need for any more returning characters. I mean, we already have:

1. Naruhodou
2. Akane
3. Mayoi Broom Lady :P
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Not that I don't like Lana, but I realllllly hope she doesn't show up. I'd like to think that PW world isn't so bad that they would hire her back as ANYTHING involving law inforcement after case 5.

Spoiler:
Not only did she confess to forging and passing on false evidence in SL-9, she kind of implied that she continued to so so--at Gant's request--for the next two years. There's no telling how many cases she had botched or innocent people she had tried. Even if she's "changed" by GS4 I wouldn't let her near a piece of evidence EVER.

And if she appeared in any other capacity, it would just make for a lot of, "Awww, look, she's not a frigid bitch anymore!" from the player, while Odoroki remains clueless and out of the loop.

I think the most we should hear from Lana is Ema saying, "I have a sister who does ________" and that's it. Lana
ImageImage

Master of sharp things!

Yeah, her return would be rather unnecessary. Perhaps as a callback/cameo in the next installment, or a passing remark from Ema would be a much better option.

Croik wrote:
I think the most we should hear from Lana is Ema saying, "I have a sister who does ________" and that's it. Lana

OMG, I remember I had that friend who'd talk only about her sister and what she'd do, never talking about herself but only about her sister. Gee. I hope Ema's not ending up like that. Ema

Ontopic, If by any chance, Lana would make an appearance, I do hope she will not be important to the storyline. I'd imagined she left prosecuting and eventually live a happy life, maybe married and has children. Her still prosecuting... would seem a little off. She could better be a witness in some case, but not higher than that.

Novice bimbo

Lana probably got married to Meekins, Marshall, or Edgeworth.

Minuki magic makes wonders. <3

E~A wrote:

M-Meekins? XD That seems pretty unlikely.

But really, I don't think we need to see Lana. If they start making more and more cameos it's not gonna be a new game. >>; The cameos of the big characters are fine, even Ema is good, but I doubt they're going to make so many cameos that they include Lana. She'll probably get mentioned, but I doubt we'll see her or anything.
Rest in Peace, Kathleen Rita Deathridge. 7 September 1959 - 24 February 2007.

My beloved mother, we will all miss you dearly.

Queen Of The Mods

Croik wrote:
Not that I don't like Lana, but I realllllly hope she doesn't show up. I'd like to think that PW world isn't so bad that they would hire her back as ANYTHING involving law inforcement after case 5.

Spoiler:
Not only did she confess to forging and passing on false evidence in SL-9, she kind of implied that she continued to so so--at Gant's request--for the next two years. There's no telling how many cases she had botched or innocent people she had tried. Even if she's "changed" by GS4 I wouldn't let her near a piece of evidence EVER.

And if she appeared in any other capacity, it would just make for a lot of, "Awww, look, she's not a frigid bitch anymore!" from the player, while Odoroki remains clueless and out of the loop.

Good point.
Actually, I did hear somewhere that a famous Japanese lawyer had been called in to help with GS4. Hopefully that means that the legal system will actually make a little sense now. And that at least one of the defendants will have a motive... Nick

Cross-examining your posts!

I think it would be cool to have Lana in a case as the prosecutor with the defendant as Ema, but that's quite unlikely...
Formerly Avenger...

Am I the only one to think that Lana and Ema more like "extra material" to Phoenix arc, and can both be included a-ok in GS4?

Prufursurnkfa fushcatchurrr

Mrs. Edgeworth wrote:
E~A wrote:

But really, I don't think we need to see Lana. If they start making more and more cameos it's not gonna be a new game. >>; The cameos of the big characters are fine, even Ema is good, but I doubt they're going to make so many cameos that they include Lana. She'll probably get mentioned, but I doubt we'll see her or anything.

Can you call Ema a cameo, actually? You can call Phoenix a cameo since he will be, presumably, only in one case. However, Ema is the main detective for the game. I'd say young Ema would be a, err, pre-cameo or something.

Kikuchi wrote:
Am I the only one to think that Lana and Ema more like "extra material" to Phoenix arc, and can both be included a-ok in GS4?

I feel the same way you do, Kikuchi. I was under the impression that the staff already had GS4's storyline planned out, and when they decided to remake GS1 for the DS they thought it'd be fun to stick in a GS4 character (or two) in as a nice reference/preview the fourth game. But I wouldn't be surprised if that idea was completely wrong also. Payne

Master of sharp things!

Tinker wrote:
Mrs. Edgeworth wrote:
E~A wrote:

Can you call Ema a cameo, actually? You can call Phoenix a cameo since he will be, presumably, only in one case. However, Ema is the main detective for the game. I'd say young Ema would be a, err, pre-cameo or something.

Though it does seem Phoenix will still be a recurring character, since he appears on quite a bit of important artwork, along with the rest of the cast. Would a one-case character really be featured on the GS4 character that otherwise only features the main, recurring cast?

~We will become one~

Phil wrote:
Kikuchi wrote:

I feel the same way you do, Kikuchi. I was under the impression that the staff already had GS4's storyline planned out, and when they decided to remake GS1 for the DS they thought it'd be fun to stick in a GS4 character (or two) in as a nice reference/preview the fourth game.
I agree with that cause when I was playing it they have a few refrences to Ema's detectiveness and so forth. Ema

Super Tuff Pink Puff

Honestly, I also hope that she doesn't return in GS4. Seriously, Too many returning characters would kill the point of making it a new arc in the series. She would be mention by Ema a few times and maybe Hobo-Phoenix too.

But if she does appear, I hope that she get's a Case 2 Grossberg-like role and I don't about Lemon thing. I mean that you do see her in game to get important info and that's about it.

I don't wanna her as witness or any role inside the court. I would rather go against Payne for all the cases then Lana for 1.

XD

I don't get why people think that tying in new and old characters would mean "OMG Odokori isn't a character anymore!!!!11". I mean, there's been worse cases of re-using old characters (Star Wars Legacy Of The Force anyone?). I'm confident Capcom wouldn't stoop as low as making this Phoenix-Edgey fanpairing material, so why are we so worried? I embrace the idea of Lana being a prosecutor--and I think that quote pretty much confirms it. It may not seem to, but Capcom wouldn't put it in for nothing, would they?

Science: It's cuter than ever

I would like to see Lana again, and even go against her as a prosecutor, but I agree that she probably wouldn't make a good prosecutor in the gs4 arc...I'd like kind of like a gs3 deal like with Young Lana in a future game maybe. However, I WOULD like to at least have Ema mention Lana and what she's up to, and I agree that putting in characters from the Phoenix arc won't really detract from the Odoroki arc.

E~A wrote:

The Kids would choke on Ema's Tools and Chemicals
ImageImageImageImage

Just Chiko

... Those kids would not live pass 1 year old...

Anyway, putting personal dislike against Lana aside. I really wouldn't want to see her return besides a few flashbacks or having Ema mentioning her in the dialogue. I think Takumi had Phoenix in there to give the story a more solid background - it's kind of continuing the series. (Odoroki's mentor was Garyuu, who was a friend of Phoenix, and Odoroki happened to have a great deal of admiration for Phoenix, etc..) But putting in that many returning characters would take the attention and focus away from the new characters. This is meant to be the new beginning of the series - a new arc, and if they dwell too much in the past characters, no one is going to pay attention to the new guys. I'm personally really excited and am looking forward to the new characters, as much as I wonder about what happened to Phoenix (and other past characters) during the past 7 years, I don't want to see every other character coming back. Phoenix and Ema were more than enough (okay, maybe a Pearly...), but otherwise, it's too much. Anyway, it's less than a month away!

Hot stuff

Seeing Lana appear in GS4 would be quite interesting. I doubt she would appear though. I'm not against or for the idea, so anything is fine with me.
Page 1 of 1 [ 23 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)