Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 20 posts ]

Where do you think Borginia is?Topic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

What is stated for certain is that Borginia is in Northern Europe. Depending on your definition, that can affect what areas you would consider.

Other, more ambiguous hints include the Borginian Newspaper (below), which contains some Cyrillic letters, and a comment on a "bloc" made by a witness in Turnabout Serenade (I believe it was Daryan Crescend). Also, the name alone sounds Slavic to me. Though not definitive proof, it implies that Borginia was once part of the Soviet Union or Comecon.

Now, since none of Scandinavia was part of the Soviet Union, that rules out Norway, Finland, and Sweden for possible areas if the hints are to be believed. With that in mind, shown below is the conclusion I reached for potential locations:

The red area comprises where I believe Borginia is most likely to be--I don't believe Borginia would contain ALL of that area, though; just a small section of it.

Now, what about you?
I'll always love you, Max.

Last edited by General Luigi on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Where do you think Borginia is?Topic%20Title

A fad in a castle

This is good observation. I originally though Borginia was made-up... and I still kinda do believe that, but it seems that you may have shaded some light that Borginia may have once existed...

Maybe if we one day get enough information about the origins of Borginia, someone could write an essay about it.... it would be nice to see another essay added to the site. :/ Just saying.
ImageImageImage

PLEASE SWIM WITH MEEEEEE!!

It still could be. Looking into it this far is more out of curiousity, methinks. "If it existed, where would it be?"
Work in progress. Avatar by Wrestlemania, if my memory is right.

In Justice We Trust

I've actually been thinking about including Borginia's origins in the fan fiction I'm working on.

Again, my conclusion assumes those hints to be accurate. If they are indeed false, then there are new possibilities as to Borginia's location (Scandinavia).
I'll always love you, Max.

...That's quite a bit of thought for a fanfic. But I'm not so great at writing them, so I don't really know what people do for them.

Nonetheless, you've put up a good argument as to its potential location. I'm sold on it. :will:

A fad in a castle

KyteZisa wrote:
Nonetheless, you've put up a good argument as to its potential location. I'm sold on it. :will:

So do I, so do I.

I just had thoughts about showing this thread to this forum where a lot of English-speaking Scandinavians hang out, and possibly try to find more of a connection of Borginia's origins. But I shot down the idea. :P
ImageImageImage

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

This is like Culuruma in Trauma Center. XD I like your assessment of the hints, and I cracked up when I found out that Borginia was also in Dino Crisis (another Capcom game, if you didn't know).

:zaviaar: Whaa?! How about that...

I wouldn't call that cyrillic. It's more like inverted cyrillic-like symbols written right to left, and isn't really conclusive. If you take other facts about Borginia into account, it seems that the country is quite rich, once tried to take over the world, has extremely strict laws and regulations, and seems to have quite unique fauna. Which leaves out most northern european countries...

Borginia could be Norway, Latvia, Finland,Iceland... Whatever... It's not a real country, and is not made to represent anything. It's just a stereotype for japanese people. "Northern Europe is so mysterious and people there are blond and beautiful. Let's write about that!" There's no more logic to it that that.

12 shots...this time, I've got 12 shots.

Yeah...the Borginian alphabet doesn't really look like it is pure Cyrillic, but because of the similarities I can see the Cyrillic influence. Also, based on Lamiroir's dress, and Machi's name, there seems to be an Eastern European influence there. So I would assume that Borginia is located in Eastern Europe, but closer to Bulgaria and Romania, I would say. There seems to be a bit more of a gypsy influence than if it was located near Russia and Scandinavia.

Payne has a child called Lauren Alotta

:holdit:

Borginia's time zone is 9 hours ahead of Los Angeles (as stated in AAI Case 2), so
Spoiler: AAI Case 2
unless Gumshoe AND Franziska were further east at the time of AAI Case 2 (unlikely as it is with Gumshoe's low income and Franziska limited tolerance of him),
the idea that Borginia is to the west of the Baltic States is somewhat flimsy. We can't prove that Daylight Savings Time will cease to exist in Europe, but we do know that they have this right now as well as in America, so that argument is moot until further consequences.

With these items in play, I can safely assume that the country cannot change its time zone with the opening post's map, as it is alreay two hours ahead of the other. I propose that this country is best between the south of Lithuania and the north of Kaliningrad, as it should fit in with these extra requirements.

12 shots...this time, I've got 12 shots.

Kits U. wrote:

Borginia's time zone is 9 hours ahead of Los Angeles (as stated in AAI Case 2), so
unless Gumshoe AND Franziska were further east at the time of AAI Case 2 (unlikely as it is with Gumshoe's low income and Franziska limited tolerance of him),
the idea that Borginia is to the west of the Baltic States is somewhat flimsy. We can't prove that Daylight Savings Time will cease to exist in Europe, but we do know that they have this right now as well as in America, so that argument is moot until further consequences.

With these items in play, I can safely assume that the country cannot change its time zone with the opening post's map, as it is alreay two hours ahead of the other. I propose that this country is best between the south of Lithuania and the north of Kaliningrad, as it should fit in with these extra requirements.

If you place it near Romania or Bulgaria, does it not still fall under the same time zone? Provided, of course, that it is placed on the east of these countries?

Payne has a child called Lauren Alotta

Shalashaskka wrote:
Kits U. wrote:

If you place it near Romania or Bulgaria, does it not still fall under the same time zone? Provided, of course, that it is placed on the east of these countries?

Your logic is... interesting, to say the least. You are saying that when Borginia is placed on the east of one/both of the country's borders, they should be in the same time zone as my location, yes?

I'm afraid this cannot be done, as you would actually be farther from the time zone, or worse in the Black Sea.

Now, I'm being kind enough to say that you propbably meant something the exact opposite of what you intended, mainly that Borginia is to the west of those countries. Understandable to say the least. You have proven that place has (a) the requirements on where the time zone would be, and (b) it is close between two countries that have the Cyrillic language. However, you still missed an important fact about Borginia: It is in Northern Europe. Romania and Bulgaria is in Southeastern Europe. If we want to stay close to the border of the countries, moving west (or even north in that matter) wouldn't change that this isn't in Northern Europe.

I congratulate you with your argument, but unfortunately with the right facts in place, I'm afraid that it isn't sound. Your words can be true, but the argument is invalid. Think more carefully about what you are saying, as there can be contradictions or even facts that we are unaware of right now.

It's Gyakuten Kenji, not Keiji!

Quote:
Borginia's time zone is 9 hours ahead of Los Angeles

I wonder, is it ahead Los Angeles, in reality? The original location where events took place was non other than Tokyo, I believe. Which would make it 9 hours ahead Tokyo. I think. :sadshoe:

Mysterious Masked Prosecutor Level 100

that would place it in the americas.

It's Gyakuten Kenji, not Keiji!

That surely seems not as interesting as what all of you suggested.
Daaw. :payne:

That's not far from Ukraine, where I live.

I think that all describings put the unexistent country on the shore of Baltic sea, where Latvia or Estonia are. Though those countries use latin script, and it differs in traditions, it seems. Because LaBlanc's art has no similarity to that region's culture.

I think we can blame two facts: Borginia is unexistent, and unaccurasy of hints.
There're no such countries as Zheng Fa, Allehbast, Cohdophia or Babahl either, if someone didn't know.
Sig by PandaPrinzessin

Ace Attorney

Somewhere in France, anything in France in weird... :odoroki:

The Law

I thought it was Capcom's a combination of Romania and Bulgaria, so if Borginia did exist it would be around there.

If we go back to the Borginian newspaper, in addition to Cyrillic-looking letters, I also see some Hindi, Thai, and Hebrew letters. The text, as a whole, seems to resemble the Aramaic script to me.

"Lamiroir" resembles the "La miroir," which is French for "the mirror".... yet it is supposed to mean "Siren," which kind of tells me that French and Borginian are not related, or at least are influenced by different neighboring languages...

I would say that Borginia probably lies directly east of Poland, bordering Poland, Russia (via Kaliningrad), Lithuania, Belarus, and Ukraine.
Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)