Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 5 of 6[ 225 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 


Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

O_<

Gender: Female

Location: hiding in a bush

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:29 am

Posts: 9

uhhhh errrr... were was mayoi in that one case you play as nick cause I was all O---o dude?? were the heck is she?? though some people are saying she died 0__< :edgeworth:
Image
cough up queen tends to pwn at gh3 :]
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Rocking Attorney

Gender: Male

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:49 pm

Posts: 375

are you from england?

are you kirbyzard 0.o?
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

O_<

Gender: Female

Location: hiding in a bush

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:29 am

Posts: 9

GenoWhirl wrote:
are you from england?

are you kirbyzard 0.o?

0_____< I hope not..... no... I just joined >O
Image
cough up queen tends to pwn at gh3 :]
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title

True love is forever.

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 2182

smiles edgeworth wrote:
uhhhh errrr... were was mayoi in that one case you play as nick cause I was all O---o dude?? were the heck is she?? though some people are saying she died 0__< :edgeworth:


Spoiler: 4-2, 4-4
In Kurain being the Master is what I would assume. The fact that she doesn't show up really isn't surprising when you remember that the Mason System is seriously abridged and that there wasn't much that she could have done for him after he confessed. Since they are still in contact seven years later (she can't be dead if she's sending him Steel Samurai stuff and requiring him to write reports on it), it's hard to believe that she wasn't around after that trial to give him moral support but we don't need to see Phoenix being comforted. It would not move the plot forward to include it and it really would be a rather unnecessary addition, so they opted not to include it. If you're asking why she wasn't in court with him, Maya is the Master of Kurain now. She can't simply turn her back on her responsibilities anymore as she had been doing, particularly not after all that talk about how she was going to have to really buckle down to handle all her new duties. Remember that after 3-5, spirit channeling really took off again, so she's probably completely swamped in Kurain. Besides, Phoenix took this case only the day before and probably figured that he could handle the case on his own. He was an experienced attorney by that point and we're never really given the impression that he went running to Maya for help all the time. When she was around, she would act as his aide.

Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

absolutely not a robot

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:39 pm

Posts: 154

needs more frequent or otherwise more exciting use of perceive and forensics. I loved doing both, but they were done so relatively little...

4-4 needed to be more epic and captivating at the end, too. it finished just so, so abruptly. I liked the plot, but the execution...blagh.

I'll be waiting for AA5 though. hopefully now what Phoenix's story is wrapped up we can REALLY focus on Apollo now.
:yogi: Image :yogi:
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title

Goodman is cooler.

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Posts: 28

No Gumshoe.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvaina

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am

Posts: 380

Sorry for all the arguing and dragging this off topic. Though it's hard for me to find critical things for me to complain about considering I loved the game.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Let's Brawl: 4940-5319-8013

Gender: Female

Location: Inside Kyouya's Skull

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:45 pm

Posts: 163

All in all, I liked the game.
They could've put a little more work in it tho.

Either way, it was still enjoyable.

Not as good as previous GS games, but still good nonetheless. =)
Image Edgey wants to be a Poke'mon master!
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:10 am

Posts: 41

Dark Wobuffett - You are awesome. XD You summarize all the points succintly more than I ever could.

The game was great.

But NOT as awesome as any of the past GS games.

No profiles. If you're going to say goodbye to the old cast, then say goodbye. Don't just link them together, and say the new cast in a new direction. Klavier was PLAIN VANILLA as a prosecutor. Trucy's okay compared to Maya. Phoenix is an ass. Apollo was just there for the ride. The fact that Trucy got more character development in than Apollo. Lamiroir and stuff. Villians were petty and didn't really have much drive to do the things they did. Witnesses not having much drive for doing what they do. The Gavin brothers really could have used more OOMPH in their characters. THE ENTIRE LACK OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT OF NEARLY ALL THE CHARACTERS. The lack of motive for some villians. The easiness of the trials. And c'mon, damn near TIME TRAVELLING to pass your trial? Augh. And you literally get to pick your ending. (While you DO have to fight for the ending, it's still not much of a fight.) Klavier spoon feeding you. Aaaah. Only 4-5 perceives in the game. Not getting to break certain 'locks.' Phoenix hogging ALL THE SCREENTIME.

I like the game. I just don't love it like the last 3. It falls really short.

There's really no point in not comparing the GS games together.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

DO WANT!! DO WANT VERY MUCH!!!

Gender: Female

Location: In a city. In a county. In England. Damn rain

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:32 pm

Posts: 380

Spoiler: The Gramaryes
Zak punching Spark, :sadshoe: poor guy, he's so friendly, and he gets smacked over by a complete asswipe. Poor, poor guy.

Image Image

~Made by the AMAZING Vickinator~ ~Currently infatuated with Rosalina~
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title

Matta!!!!

Gender: Female

Location: The Great Country of Snow!...no not Russia!...Canada^^''

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:24 pm

Posts: 44

Annoying facts:
NO PROFILE PRESENTING!! damn, I wanted to collect info on people and it was nearly impossible!! I had to find a clear evidence designing X person to ask...lame really
NO CASE ARTWORK
I know it's kind of nothing but each time I finished a case I was always like : ohhh what will the artwork will look like this time??? It really annoyed me^^''

CASE 3:
Spoiler:
Daryan had no clear motive! I know it's related to the cocoon but still! It really felt like case wasn't over yet. And what's machi's excuse??? " I can't tell but I needed money, alot of money" I mean, how can a "blind" young pianist always hanging with a singer could do to be in such trouble?? My guess was that he wanted to pay Lamiroir an eye operation...but it's only a thought....and it's annoying XD

The usual : Kristoph was to easy is also true for me...but god I love his scar XD!! Zak's behavior was also really wierd too....

Appollo's "ack!" monkey face!!! Too uglyyyyyyy !!!! The only 4 case stuff disapointed me too --__--
oh welll


ahhhhh I feel better now XD ................the game is still fun though XD
"Truth will always find its way through darkness..."
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title

Mystic Lawyer

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:51 am

Posts: 250

Especially since he's going to prison... :pencileraser:

+ Daryan Crescend and his pen0r-hair. I was not very comfortable that it was hard practically throughout the whole case (namely when he was near Apollo or Trucy). Needs a new hairdo or has to lay off of the Viagra, dude.[/spoiler]

And I'm done with my stupid complaining. Please do not try to rationalize it. =P[/quote]
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Soooooo not a Nazi!

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:54 pm

Posts: 284

The only thing that I didn't enjoy about AJ was Apollo himself. His motives, his family, and stuff like that will probably be explained in GS5, so there isn't much to worry about it. I just wanted a new defense attorney with a new personality. Apollo is Phoenix. Half the time I thought that I was playing as Phoenix, more so during the investigation. If Apollo was differentiated more, I would have liked him better.

And the pencil drawings under the forgeries. WHY?
:badger: = awesomeness
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

carving wooden attorneys

Gender: Female

Location: Land of Twilight

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:11 pm

Posts: 370

Apollo is too much like the old Phoenix. >.< except much more pathetic, he can't even bluff and gets spoon-fed too much! :edgeworth: I still like the character, he's adorable but... can't we have a not-so-pathetic attorney? and no case arts! no presenting profiles! :larry: and other than that, seems like everyone has explained it better. XD
My fanart thread: Yukawa's Fanarts My deviantart: arashi-yukawa

Please visit! :edgy:
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

HOT STEPPIN' FFFFFFFFF

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:14 pm

Posts: 1182

Mysticgamer wrote:
Especially since he's going to prison... :pencileraser:

+ Daryan Crescend and his pen0r-hair. I was not very comfortable that it was hard practically throughout the whole case (namely when he was near Apollo or Trucy). Needs a new hairdo or has to lay off of the Viagra, dude.[/spoiler]

And I'm done with my stupid complaining. Please do not try to rationalize it. =P
[/quote]

:moe-laugh: :moe-laugh: :moe-laugh:


Hmm..what I didn't like..basically what everyone has said
-No case art
-No presenting profiles
-Constant flashbacks of things that happened two seconds ago.
-The trial at the end of 4-4 was WAY too brief. Needs more explaining, needs moar Krissi!
-The creators didn't bother to improve the old sprites when they were interacting with newer characters (i.e: 4-4 when Nick was up against young Klavi)
-The fact
Spoiler:
Thalassa decided not to tell Apollo and Trooc Trooc that they are brother and sister. What if they got..closer and fell in love, and then she would pop up and be all LOL guess what- o shit.

-When
Spoiler:
they kept explaining the link between the lyrics and the murder in 3-4. We get it already. Even Gumshoe could figure out the connection the first few times.

LOL GAIZ
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title

Mystic Lawyer

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:51 am

Posts: 250

Tomoshibi Amatsu wrote:
DarkWobbuffet wrote:

Kinda hard not to see this game as a continuation considering they're incorporating old characters into the mix, as opposed to Yu-gi-oh GX where any old characters made really brief cameos.
Regarding Mia, in game one, we also find out she became a lawyer to find out what happened to her lost mother and was trained by Grossberg. That's far more background then Apollo ever got.


Phoenix is just there to link the two series just like Kaiba was the one who linked Yugioh with Yugioh GX. Outside of Phoenix the rest of the main cast is rarely seen if at all. Actually most of the time in GX you don't really SEE any of the old cast with about three exceptions. Mainly you just hear them get mentioned here and there. it's about the same as what AJ is doing right now. It's not just another Phoenix Wright game AJ is the next generation. Of course the old cast won't be seen as much as the new cast will.

Hell, Yugi-Oh GX didn't even show Yugi's face in the first episode and when they did show characters from the first series they hadn't changed in the least. Kaiba still looked 18 and still had on that that Vegas style duel vest and Max Pegasus was the same too.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Gender: Female

Location: USA

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Posts: 486

*restates what everyone was saying*
no profiles *sniff*, no case piccies (that ticked me off!!!! cuz I like it hehe), it looked like young Klavvy was facing off against a ball of pixels instead of Phoenix (if you compare them side by side, of course), waaaaaaay too short court battle in 4-4, and more character development.
I dunno, personally I felt better that they kept Phoenix in there, even if he did take the spotlight a bit. We've learned to love and become fans of these awesome PW characters, and in my opinion, when I heard that Apollo Justice was coming out... I was gonna cry. I think they kept Nick in there to kinda wean us off the old characters and lead us into the new generation, and I think they executed that well IMO.
HOWEVER, despite Kristoph's awesome perceive "devil" thingy, he wasn't done enough justice (pardon the pun). I mean, he looked so refined and I thought, "this is gonna be a tough apponent!" Well, I was surprised when I beat him like, 20 minutes after the last save point. I was like, "YOU'RE KIDDING! I WENT THROUGH ALL THIS FOR IT TO BE OVER ALREADY!" I was expecting a full-on objection fight, with Klavier pointing out Herr Forehead's flaws in the theories he has and Trucy being stumped along with you (instead of stealing your thunder... I hated when she did that >_<). I dunno, I guess I wanted something more... epic. I'm only hoping they fix this stuff when they release GS5. :phoenix: I miss Nick though... *takes out Phoenix plushie and cuddles it* I have a hard time accepting change, just to letcha know.
Image
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Like, what?

Gender: None specified

Location: Canada

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:41 am

Posts: 362

Hmmm...I did really enjoy AJ, which I just finished, but now that I think about, there were a couple of things that bugged me.

- I think the Perceive system was never very well explained, and I was confused. I mean, the bracelet would all of a sudden light up during a cross-examination, and I didn't know that when that happens, it means I have to use the system. I thought it'd be more like Psyche-Locks where the locks actually appear dramatically to tell you that you have to break them. It made the cross-examinations a little more tedious than they should be.

- The MASON system kind of bugged me. It made Phoenix seem like a know-it-all, and I really didn't like playing the MASON part that much, other than getting to know what exactly happened. It felt too...surreal, and I wasn't sure if it was just a memory or if I was actually going to the different scenes to investigate.

- Okay, I know many people probably want the old characters back, but I'm not sure if putting them all in a trial in the past is going to do it. You've already got a game that pretty much has a new start, new characters and everything, and there we have Gumshoe and Meekins being "forced" into the scenario into some distant memory. As much as I liked Gumshoe, it destroyed the feeling of AJ for me.

That's probably about all.
Image
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

ジェジュン大好き!!

Gender: Female

Location: TOKYO-KEN JAPAN

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:21 pm

Posts: 145

i was really annoyed when phoenix quit lawyer because of the forged evidence
Image
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

May I Cross-Examine the Witness?

Gender: Female

Location: In The Courtroom

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:40 pm

Posts: 1

I never really liked some of the witnesses. They were never really that intresting to me. At least they kept Ema awesome.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: Valinor

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:43 pm

Posts: 69

the whole game
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 802

I remember not playing for a while after 4-2 got incredibly confusing in the first day. Most cases begin right away with something relevant to investigate, but here you're running around doing pointless stuff until you get a request to defend halfway through.

Then in 4-3 you have to prove that the killer was able to see, but then Klavier reveals that the defendant is able to see all along, making that cross-examination completely pointless. Want to know why he did it? To make Ema look bad. Really. I'm serious. Fop.

And then there's Trucy, who while a good character in her own right, figures out things before Apollo does and points out contradictions for him. When Mia did it it was because she was helping Phoenix, and she was already a lawyer anyway. When Trucy does it it just makes Apollo look incompetent. Plus in 4-3 she figures out the magic trick but won't tell Apollo because a magician can't reveal their tricks. Does she even care that if Apollo doesn't, then they lose the case?
11037
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wriggling piece of plywood

Gender: None specified

Location: Sweden

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Posts: 7157

The absurdity that is case 4-3, and the percieving bit on Lamiroir because it took me forever to figure it out (actually, I didn't even figure it out, I looked it up) and nearly drove me crazy. Also, the feeling of the entire game being poked by too many fingers, and that it could have been so much better if Takumi had been able to have completely free hands with it.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9753

No Edgeworth. No seriously, if he's not there, I have difficulty paying attention...

C-A
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1558

Quote:
Apollo Justice had a lot of potential, but failed to live up to most of it. Hopefully GS5 will remedy this.

Don't you just love to look back at quotes from the past?
Quote:
And then there's Trucy, who while a good character in her own right, figures out things before Apollo does and points out contradictions for him. When Mia did it it was because she was helping Phoenix, and she was already a lawyer anyway. When Trucy does it it just makes Apollo look incompetent.

This, coupled with the fact that Klavier was supposedly interested in the truth, is why I never felt Apollo had a starring role in this game.

What pissed me off the most is that the game had several opportunities to explore Klavier's and Kristoph's relationship As siblings, nothing more. Get your mind out of the gutter., but never bothered with it and expected us to care anyways. It didn't even bother to give us hints of it. And no, the manga does not count.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 802

Spoiler: 4-4
In the final trial in 4-4 Apollo hardly does anything. He just presents two pieces of evidence and Perceives Kristoph's devil hand. The case was already over once Phoenix finished his 7 year investigation. At that point we know everything there is to know about the case. No new facts are presented during the trial.

So after you present the last piece of evidence, the game goes on autopilot. Apollo brings up a point, but Kristoph demolishes it. Klavier then not-so-subtly tries to steer Apollo back on track. This repeats about 3 times before Klavier then brings up the Jurist System.

Congratulations. Apollo wins the trial by doing absolutely nothing. The evidence was already collected by Phoenix, who also implemented the Jurist System. And Kristoph's devil hand was completely meaningless as well.


In fact, most of the Percieve testimonies were pointless. Some of them had a reason for their twitch, like
Spoiler:
Alita Tiala grabbing her scarf, Olga rubbing the back of her head, and Stickler gripping his book pages,
but most of them Apollo was like "You have a nervous habit, therefore you're lying!" And then present evidence. Most of these could have been bypassed by simply pressing or presenting evidence.

It's a good thing that GS5 was able to give Apollo a character and show that he can defend cases without being spoon fed tpanswers.
11037
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zvarri!

Gender: Male

Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Posts: 2241

- Not being able to present profiles.
- Klavier and Trucy constantly helping Apollo out.
- Not being able to interact with your clients much.
- Repeated showing of flashback scenes/The Guitar's Serenade video
- The anti-climactic ending (seriously Kristoph gets one testimony in the final case, while the villains in the other AA games get multiple testimonies).
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Wheelie Rider

Gender: Male

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:44 am

Posts: 1

NinjaMonkey wrote:
- Not being able to present profiles.


I kind of liked not being able to present profiles, to be honest. It greatly lessened the time it took to present every piece of evidence to every NPC when you're looking for the last flippin' thing to get out of the way before the investigation phase ends.

As for something I disliked about the game, it's gotta be the simple fact that it's got only four cases. Sure, Turnabout Succession technically contains a mini-case within it, but PWAA's DS remake had 5 full-length cases on the same console (thus giving it the same memory limitations). Four cases is just lazy programming.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Zvarri!

Gender: Male

Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Posts: 2241

Snickerway wrote:
It greatly lessened the time it took to present every piece of evidence to every NPC


Only a person who doesn't know what they're supposed to be doing, or wants to see every line of dialogue would do that, though...

Besides, they added that feature in JFA and TaT, and there's no reason why it shouldn't have been in AJ.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Gender: Female

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Posts: 120

What annoyed me? It was too shooooort! :terry: I loved the game to bits, and I found when I finished, I wanted like 90 more cases! I just want more screen time for all the characters I loved like Klavier, Pollo, Trucy (specially Klavi, I need more of that man in my life :klavier-pull: )

Haha, not even a real complaint really, I just want more Ace Attorney when you get down to it :eh?:
Image
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

I've vanished, like a ghooooost...

Gender: Female

Location: Unfortunately, in school...

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:01 am

Posts: 583

Hm. Well, Thalassa's perceive is weird.
Spoiler: Maybe?
How the heck do you swallow while talking?! I tried it, and I couldn't.

I AM IN SCHOOL, SO IF I END UP NEVER POSTING HERE AGAIN THAT'S WHY :larry:
For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

It was a decent game but... I had a lot of personal problems with it.
First of all, there was no :edgeworth:, :sadshoe:, and especially, no :maya:
Spoiler:
Also, in the very first case, we're introduced to Phoenix having lost his job after terrible circumstances, accused of murder. Not only that, he's no longer the main protagonist.

Next, we have the 8-year jump, and Phoenix is now 33 years old.
And there are some other stuff they did with older characters I disliked as well... But seriously, bring back Maya. She just doesn't fit the role of the master anyhow. I want her back as either a secretary, an assistant, a defense attorney, or even a freaking prosecutor. Hell, even playing the role of mother for Trucy alone would suffice enough. Or, if something crazy is required, but you can have her marry Phoenix for all I care. I may have been against it initially during the trilogy days, but I'm sure that way she's SURE to stick around, right? I just want her back, dammit...

So yeah, as you already might be able to observe from reading this is that I prefer continuity over change (or at least, just in the case of Ace Attorney).
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

Also, Apollo Justice was a LOSER. Meanwhile, Wright was a shady arrogant asshole (I'm not sure the AJ/DD Team knows how to deal with him). Furthermore, I absolutely HATED some of my clients, and Trucy helped out WAY too much in court. Not only that, but the bracelet was pretty lame.

Still, the game was pretty OK overall, even though it was the weakest in the franchise IMO.
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Posts: 166

Prosecutor knowingly using forged evidence = penalty.

Prosecutor unknowingly using forged evidence = pardon, albeit with closer scrutiny for a while.

Defense attorney unknowingly using forged evidence = disbarment.

No wonder Nick became more Gant-like.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Location: Spain

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Posts: 477

AceAssistant wrote:
Also, Apollo Justice was a LOSER. Meanwhile, Wright was a shady arrogant asshole (I'm not sure the AJ/DD Team knows how to deal with him). Furthermore, I absolutely HATED some of my clients, and Trucy helped out WAY too much in court. Not only that, but the bracelet was pretty lame.

Still, the game was pretty OK overall, even though it was the weakest in the franchise IMO.


Wasn't AJ team the same of the original trilogy? At least the main scriptwriter was Takumi in both of them.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Yatta.

Gender: Female

Location: LA, Japanifornia

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am

Posts: 5983

luck wrote:
AceAssistant wrote:
Also, Apollo Justice was a LOSER. Meanwhile, Wright was a shady arrogant asshole (I'm not sure the AJ/DD Team knows how to deal with him). Furthermore, I absolutely HATED some of my clients, and Trucy helped out WAY too much in court. Not only that, but the bracelet was pretty lame.

Still, the game was pretty OK overall, even though it was the weakest in the franchise IMO.


Wasn't AJ team the same of the original trilogy? At least the main scriptwriter was Takumi in both of them.

The entire team wasn't the same. They had a few changes regarding art/character design and the music (not sure about the UI department, though). Regarding the writing and plot, however, Takumi was still the scenario director. To be fair, he had some time restraints when his original ideas didn't push through, and he was instructed to include Nick and the Jurist System propaganda somehow.
Help! My parents are Phoenix Wright & Miles Edgeworth! Er, I mean they're irresponsible drunks!

Click here for the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney Translation Project Blog!
Various official AA stuff translations currently in the works.

Also, click here for the current archive of fanfiction or here for the backup archive. Click here for the blog that updates it.
Includes translations of misc. fan works related or not to AA.
Also, a very popular fanfic ask meme.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

Rubia Ryu the Royal wrote:
The entire team wasn't the same. They had a few changes regarding art/character design and the music (not sure about the UI department, though). Regarding the writing and plot, however, Takumi was still the scenario director. To be fair, he had some time restraints when his original ideas didn't push through, and he was instructed to include Nick and the Jurist System propaganda somehow.


EDIT: DELETED (THE REPLY I GAVE TO THIS QUOTE IS UNRELIABLE.)
The execution rests, Your Honor.


Last edited by AceAssistant on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Gender: Male

Location: Canada

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Posts: 802

Didn't Takumi have nothing to do with Dual Destinies?

I also recall reading somewhere (and this seems to be the popular opinion) that Takumi intended to have Phoenix's story end in T&T and have Apollo be a fresh start.
11037
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

The execution is ready, Your Honor.

Gender: Male

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32 am

Posts: 95

MBr wrote:
Didn't Takumi have nothing to do with Dual Destinies?

I also recall reading somewhere (and this seems to be the popular opinion) that Takumi intended to have Phoenix's story end in T&T and have Apollo be a fresh start.


Yeah... I was basing this off a few comments here and there around the internet. I should probably look this up. I figured someone would do it for me (since I'm lazy), but I guess not. :P
The execution rests, Your Honor.
Re: What pissed you off in Apollo Justice? SpoilersTopic%20Title
User avatar

~Die-Hard Gavinners Fan~

Gender: Female

Location: Ontario, Canada

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Posts: 120

AceAssistant wrote:
Also, Apollo Justice was a LOSER.


:pearlshock: Eh? Is this popular opinion? I hope not, :larry: I found Pollo to be pretty cool to be honest. Why do you say he's a loser? I think Phoenix was definitely a bigger loser than Pollo, in the good way ofcourse! Everyone just shat on Phoenix, ALL the time, and he just took it! :nick-sweat: Sure, that also happens to Apollo, but not as much as it happened to Phoenix. And I found Pollo's cynicism and pessimism to be charming, and it was cute how he has the mindset of cynical 60 year old man, but looks like he's 12 :-P
Image
Rhythm Heaven+Ace Attorney. Uncle Ray and Klavier Gavin need to be in court together. <3
Page 5 of 6 [ 225 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO