Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 17[ 649 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 


Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere in America c:

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Posts: 631

NOTE: If you love Valant too for not being a super jerk like Zak there's a thread over for him too now~ Click here to go to it!

I think our loveable jerk needed a love/hate thread for himself >;D After all EVERYTHING that happened to Phoenix, Kristoph, Trucy, Valant (and maybe Apollo) is ultimately his fault.

Spoiler: How? (4-4, 4-1 spoilers)
X If Zak just told Phoenix in the beginning that he got the rights from Magnifi and gave him the journal page that Magnifi gave him then Phoenix could have avoided the whole: Forged Evidence thing. Yes, he had it with him. When he shows us the paper it proves it.

X He left Trucy behind with a disbarred lawyer who virtually had almost no money on him without so much as a word to Trucy except: HE'S A GOOD MAN.

Sad enough: Good Man does not pay bills. And children are expensive to take care ]: Really now Zak.

Also it was his fault that Phoenix got disbarred again. wtf man?

X We see him again after Seven Years and besides that letter for Trucy all he wants to do is PLAY POKER. Not so much as a 'Hey! Sorry you got disbarred cause of me lol!'

X Firing Kristoph over a poker game pretty much made Kristoph go super insane. Way to go Zak- you helped cause 4-4, in a sense.

X Punching Brushel for being annoying...no wait. Scratch that- it's justified because Brushel /is/ annoying.

X Stole Thalassa from Valant. SRSLY THALASSA- WERE YOU HIGH THAT DAY D8!!!

X Hit Olga on the neck, just because Phoenix found the card she put in his pocket. Not exactly a nice thing to do to someone /you hired to cheat for you/.

X Oh ya- He cheated in poker. What a loser.

X It was never proven if he shot Thalassa in that trick or not- but I bet he did. Don't question it: he's a jerk.


I can go on- but I think peachifruit's comic series: 'Zak Gramarye is a Jerk' can explain much better for me :D

Note: All the comics have 4-4, 4-1 spoilers.

Spoiler: Zak is a Jerk Part 1
Image

Spoiler: Zak is a Jerk Part 2
Image

Spoiler: Zak is a Jerk Part 3
Image

Spoiler: Zak is a Jerk Part 4
Image

Spoiler: Zak is a Jerk Part 5
Image


Spoiler: Zak is a Dead Jerk -Bonus-
Image


Original Sauce!~

Note: For some reason when I save them to my PB and upload them there the comic is shrinked. When I figure out why this is happening and how to fix it I'll upload them again. For now they're on tinyurl~

But seriously, show some Zak Gramarye love...or hate. Whatever you feel like. Want to debate the idea that he's a jerk? Go ahead, I don't mind that either~

Spoiler: Some Zak Art!~
Image
Image
Image

Image
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D


Last edited by WhiteElephant on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

D'Sesheel

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Posts: 60

Nah, he's a genuinely good guy at heart- just a bit of a hot head. You have to remember that he didn't shoot anyone and that Magnifi trusted HIM with his routines. Valant was the one with the darker heart. I mean, after all those years, Phoenix did kind've ruin Zak's career (despite his innocence) so you can understand why he'd try to make him look like fake (also for utilizing his daughter for the purpose of victory).
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere in America c:

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Posts: 631

@Ringman: Perhaps, but you have to admit- all the things that happened made him seem like a jerk.
Spoiler: 4-1 spoiler
You would expect he would at least see Trucy again after all these years. But he just came to play poker. Magic tricks does not substitute love all together.

Image
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

♪ YOUR AFFECTION~! YOUR AFFECTION~! ♪

Gender: Female

Location: San Diego, California

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:01 am

Posts: 1963

Ahahahah. I love those comics. And I kinda agree, Zak is a jerk. But in a coolish kinda way.

Besides, HE'S BALD! :D
Image
BACK, BABY!
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

「エメラルドスプラッシュ」

Gender: Female

Location: My feet may be in Iowa, but my heart's in Shikoku

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Posts: 2668

That comic was COMPLETELY EPIC. Whoever drew that had better have done tons and tons of works that are available for my viewing pleasure~

I like Zak, but he did do a couple of rather questionable things... The whole troupe has more drama than an afterschool special.
Image
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title

Gender: Female

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:14 am

Posts: 53

Those comics were a work of pure genius! That's all I can say.
Izanami- A character in Japanese mythology...NOT 'I'm a Nazi' backwards.
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere in America c:

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Posts: 631

Ringman wrote:
Nah, he's a genuinely good guy at heart- just a bit of a hot head. You have to remember that he didn't shoot anyone and that Magnifi trusted HIM with his routines. Valant was the one with the darker heart. I mean, after all those years, Phoenix did kind've ruin Zak's career (despite his innocence) so you can understand why he'd try to make him look like fake (also for utilizing his daughter for the purpose of victory).

Zak's career would have ruined either way I think. Magnifi was dead. Even Zak realized this.
Spoiler: 4-4 spoiler
He said right at the beginning of the trial that he would not have a verdict declared on him at the end of the day. He intended on escaping from the public eye for good, regardless of Phoenix's doing good or bad.

Image
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Story writer and music lover.

Gender: Male

Location: Maryland

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:02 am

Posts: 2353

I love that one frame in the first comic, "BETCHA I CAN DO THIS BLINDFOLDED!"
--Millini (Official CR Rock Prince and Gavinism convert.)
Image
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere in America c:

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Posts: 631

Millini wrote:
I love that one frame in the first comic, "BETCHA I CAN DO THIS BLINDFOLDED!"

Knowing Zak I bet he did >XD;;;

Also the creator is peachifruit. She has a DA an LJ and a website. There's one last part to this series too that hasn't been released yet ;D!
Image
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 2182

Spoiler: 4-4
Zak could have stopped everything by simply telling Phoenix what happened that night instead of all the secrets and showing him the real page from the journal. I assume had he been found not guilty that paper wouldn't have stayed a secret, so why continue to hide it? Besides, showing up to ruin the guy who has been taking care of his kid for seven years (despite the fact that he had lost his only source of income at least partly because of Zak who proceeded to abandon him) which would have hurt Trucy as much as Phoenix since they relied on the money he made at the club and that money came from Phoenix's undefeated reputation. On top of that, he could have killed Olga! Hitting someone on the head with a bottle is not a minor thing... as Zak discovered. Honestly though, Trucy is probably better off with Phoenix then she would be with Zak. Phoenix is a sweet daddy. :) Zak's a jerk, but a fun jerk although he screwed Phoenix and Trucy over and that annoys me more than a little.

Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

D'Sesheel

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Posts: 60

I think your perception of Valant is a little too nice. I mean, he's a really shady guy who wanted to frame Zak for murder. And on Zak visiting Trucy- he really couldn't because everyone thought HE was guilty due to Phoenix's shoddy court-work. There was no way he could pop up in public. If Phoenix didn't present that evidence, even if Zak escaped, he wouldn't look 100% guilty (I believe Phoenix did a good job making Valant look guilty as he was).
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 2182

Phoenix probably could have arranged a visit considering he inquires about whether or not Zak wants to see her and Zak refuses. And I wouldn't call Phoenix's defense job shoddy. He was doing a particularly excellent job until that journal came up. Phoenix may have been foolish to present that page, but he did so because presenting nothing would have lead to a conviction and he honestly didn't consider the possibility that the evidence was forged. Phoenix was always a bit naive.

On another note, perhaps we should change the topic name. The rules state no more of these Something or SOMETHING topics.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25


Last edited by Mia_Fey on Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Gender: Male

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

Posts: 1520

Yeah, Zak did come off looking like a Grade A douchebag. Not only did he not even care that Phoenix was exposed as a "cheat" (heck, he was planning to disappear, and he even got Trucy to help!) but seven years he comes back later with the sole intent...of exposing Phoenix as a "cheat".

...yeah. My douchebag sense is tingling! :D

IMO, Valant, despite being a bit...eccentric, is eight bajillion times more awesome than his fellow magician :varanbaran:
My various AA stories (Nick/Maya, Adrian/Celeste, Krissi/Dollie, Klavilami, general stuff, etc). All comments, feedback, and reviews are greatly appreciated! :D
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere in America c:

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Posts: 631

Spoiler: 4-4
I agree with you Mia~ Personally I think Phoenix is an awesome dad. He gives Trucy a little too much freedom for her only being 15, but then again he even let Pearl walk around alone on the streets in JFA and T&T so I guess putting trust in little underage girls is something he does a lot 8D;;; -shot-

Personally common sense in the real world would lead you to believe Trucy would be adopted by Valant if anyone. Valant's a family friend and Trucy is so close to him she even calls him her uncle. Of course there was the fact that Valant might have not had much money to finance a child himself. Plus he was still suspected of murdering Magnifi in the public eye. Not exactly the best condition to raise a child.

The only thing I think Zak did that was never 'jerk-like' in anyway was write a letter saying that he was the one who killed Magnifi and not Valant. He was already gone anyway and all suspicion of Valant would be off for good with this confession.


@Ringman: Oh don't get me wrong. Valant was in a sense- a jerk as well. But you have to realize that he just cracked a little inside.
Spoiler: 4-4, 4-1
He was jealous at Zak for getting Thalassa, when Valant too loved her as well. Of course what could he do. There was no evidence that Magnifi killed himself, but there was a chance that Valant himself could be suspected for murder, as he was the last one in the room before Magnifi died. And he could have in a sense. Nobody knew who Shadi Smith was. Not even the police had much information on him, as Payne said in 4-1. Trucy would know- it is her real father. But instead of that all he wanted to do was play cards?! Wtf. He didn't need to go into the public eye that much either. Just a small visit to Wright Talent Agency was all that was required.

Phoenix didn't know much about the paper Trucy gave him. And if Zak told Phoenix during the breaks they had about getting the rights then Phoenix could have easily told that the notebook page he received was a fake (don't say he couldn't- Phoenix has been a lawyer for 3 years and he has dealed with a number of shady characters. Plus the page Magnifi gave to Zak makes a lot more sense then the forged one.)

And nobody thought Zak was that guilty anyway. Remember what Valant told you in the prison cell- most people thought he did it and Zak just escaped because he felt sorry for Valant (without Zak no verdict could be declared after all).


@Mia: Okay XD -didn't see that rule- I'll change it right away :D
Image
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Superficial Narcissist

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:59 am

Posts: 248

Spoiler: 4-4
At least Zak's actions wound up trapping Kristoph. Let's face it, the guy was just a sociopath; hell, he had even planned to kill Vera and Drew before Zak "fired" him. And without a pissed-off, jaded Phoenix to investigate Kris, the Mishams most certainly would have both died, and Krissy himself would have skipped free while listening to Debussy on his iPod. :garyuu:
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

Gender: Female

Location: Somewhere in America c:

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm

Posts: 631

Trilroy wrote:
Spoiler: 4-4
At least Zak's actions wound up trapping Kristoph. Let's face it, the guy was just a sociopath; hell, he had even planned to kill Vera and Drew before Zak "fired" him. And without a pissed-off, jaded Phoenix to investigate Kris, the Mishams most certainly would have both died, and Krissy himself would have skipped free while listening to Debussy on his iPod. :garyuu:

Spoiler: 4-4
Actually it was only Vera he intended on killing. Drew didn't know squat about what Vera forged or about her client. The only reason he kept tabs on Drew in the end was because he was called in as a special witness.

And that is true in a sense I suppose. Not that it made the situation we're given during the whole game basically any better :B

Image
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 2182

Spoiler: 4-4
As far as we know, Valant didn't even visit Trucy for seven years. He says as much and besides, he doesn't strike me as the parental type. <_< Besides, Valant is fun, but I can't imagine him actually raising poor Trucy. He apparently disappeared after that because he couldn't perform his mentor's tricks and apparently wasn't much good in his own right. She's better off with Phoenix.

Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

D'Sesheel

Gender: None specified

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 pm

Posts: 60

Mia_Fey wrote:
Phoenix probably could have arranged a visit considering he inquires about whether or not Zak wants to see her and Zak refuses. And I wouldn't call Phoenix's defense job shoddy. He was doing a particularly excellent job until that journal came up. Phoenix may have been foolish to present that page, but he did so because presenting nothing would have lead to a conviction and he honestly didn't consider the possibility that the evidence was forged. Phoenix was always a bit naive.

On another note, perhaps we should change the topic name. The rules state no more of these Something or SOMETHING topics.


I don't know if I necessarily agree with you there:

- Phoenix Wasn't himself in court. After being taunted by Klavier, he maintained this Edgeworth-style over-the-top composure that made him arrogant. His arrogance is what screwed over Zak. Even if he didn't present the note (which even HE knew looked suspicious), Valant looked very guilty and the page in the book was torn. His arrogance (and looking down toward Klavier) made him act like more of a Jerk than Zak.

- After the Trail Zak disappeared- it wasn't up to Phoenix to ask "hey, want to see your daughter." I'm sure Zak, being as paranoid as he is, wouldn't risk showing up anywhere else but an underground club. He also didn't want to admit to Trucy what happened with her mother. He wasn't really a calm person, so I can understand his logic.

- Valant is really the guilty party with the whole Magnifi misunderstanding. Had he not framed Zak, the suicide would've been obvious. Also, Valant even admitted to coming to the hospital with the intention of killing Magnifi- evil moves on his part.

- Had it not been for Phoenix's arrogance and Valant's evil tendencies, Zak wouldn't have had to leave his daughter. Sure, he was paranoid after disappearing, but who wouldn't be? And DESPITE this, he decided to give his life to make sure the rights went over to Trucy before Valant stole them- the exact opposite of Valant who only cared for himself.

Kristoph's crimes in this game were only situational. If everything hadn't fallen exactly into place, he would've looked insane and been taken away a long time ago. You can't really blame Zak for that though- moreso Phoenix and Valant.
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 2182

Spoiler: 4-4
How did Phoenix's attitude, which I thought was pretty normal if a bit more confident then his usual style, bring Zak down? Klavier had that journal from the beginning and always planned to use it (well if things didn't go his way). Klavier admits as much in court. Everything Phoenix found out about Valant was true. Valant did mess with the crime scene to frame Zak. The only part he was wrong on was the fact that Valant wasn't the murderer, but since Valant messed with the scene so it couldn't be a suicide, how was Phoenix to know? He hadn't even had an opportunity to investigate. Being a jerk isn't a crime and I don't actually think Phoenix was out of character. He could always be a bit cocky at times (ex. taunting Franziska at the end of 2-2) and he was an experienced attorney facing a newbie who looked like he belonged on stage and was being really obnoxious to Phoenix. I really don't see your point about Phoenix's attitude hurting Zak. If he didn't present that page, the judge was going to accept that journal as decisive evidence against Zak and come down with a guilty verdict. Phoenix may not have felt good about that page, but to do nothing meant that Zak was going to be convicted (if you try to refuse to present the page, Phoenix comments on how the Judge's gavel is already getting twitchy and he has to do something before its too late) so Phoenix did what he thought he had to do to save his client which was present that page and prove that the victim had continued writing after Zak had left. The person who was hurt the most by that page was Phoenix as he wouldn't have had to go down with Zak if he had withheld it, but Phoenix has never been the kind of person to give up without a fight or give up on his clients.

Zak always intended to flee that day before he knew about any of that. Phoenix could easily have brought Trucy there to meet him, but he refuses and instead decides to ruin Phoenix's livelihood so that his daughter can starve. Boy, he sure sounds like a nice guy. Wanting to destroy Phoenix's reputation (by cheating) simply because he can't stand to lose does not make him a nice man. Nor does hitting Olga with a bottle or smacking around Brushel.

I won't argue that Valant did wrong and that he hid it for a long time, but he knows what he did and will always have to live with that. Certainly, Valant played a large role in this, but that doesn't mean that Zak isn't a jerk in his own right.

Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25


Last edited by Mia_Fey on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Gender: Male

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

Posts: 1520

Ringman wrote:
Mia_Fey wrote:
Phoenix probably could have arranged a visit considering he inquires about whether or not Zak wants to see her and Zak refuses. And I wouldn't call Phoenix's defense job shoddy. He was doing a particularly excellent job until that journal came up. Phoenix may have been foolish to present that page, but he did so because presenting nothing would have lead to a conviction and he honestly didn't consider the possibility that the evidence was forged. Phoenix was always a bit naive.

On another note, perhaps we should change the topic name. The rules state no more of these Something or SOMETHING topics.


I don't know if I necessarily agree with you there:

- Phoenix Wasn't himself in court. After being taunted by Klavier, he maintained this Edgeworth-style over-the-top composure that made him arrogant. His arrogance is what screwed over Zak. Even if he didn't present the note (which even HE knew looked suspicious), Valant looked very guilty and the page in the book was torn. His arrogance (and looking down toward Klavier) made him act like more of a Jerk than Zak.

- After the Trail Zak disappeared- it wasn't up to Phoenix to ask "hey, want to see your daughter." I'm sure Zak, being as paranoid as he is, wouldn't risk showing up anywhere else but an underground club. He also didn't want to admit to Trucy what happened with her mother. He wasn't really a calm person, so I can understand his logic.

- Valant is really the guilty party with the whole Magnifi misunderstanding. Had he not framed Zak, the suicide would've been obvious. Also, Valant even admitted to coming to the hospital with the intention of killing Magnifi- evil moves on his part.

- Had it not been for Phoenix's arrogance and Valant's evil tendencies, Zak wouldn't have had to leave his daughter. Sure, he was paranoid after disappearing, but who wouldn't be? And DESPITE this, he decided to give his life to make sure the rights went over to Trucy before Valant stole them- the exact opposite of Valant who only cared for himself.

Kristoph's crimes in this game were only situational. If everything hadn't fallen exactly into place, he would've looked insane and been taken away a long time ago. You can't really blame Zak for that though- moreso Phoenix and Valant.


Firstly, what? How was the diary page different than almost every single other piece of evidence we see? No one had any problem with Phoenix presenting randomly-labeled CD's or paper badges recovered on unlawful searches before, so why wouldn't Phoenix want to present decisive evidence? It's all well and good to look back in retrospect and say "lawl what stupid Phoenix, that's fake" but not even we would have known it was a fake if we didn't have prior knowledge of Phoenix's fate! Almost every single case had some evidence for which there was always reasonable doubt of authenticity (Larry's "love letter", anyone?) and we all know that we have to present pretty much every relevant piece of evidence to win anyway. Besides, Phoenix even says he didn't have time to prepare: He had to get the information he needed during a fifteen-minute court recess! He didn't seem too cocky to me; I found his ribbing of Klavier amusing, and it seemed to me that Phoenix was trying to teach Klavier the hard way not to be overconfident by knocking the rookie down a peg (Klavier was pretty damn confident himself). Of course, it came back to bite Phoenix in the ass, but...

Secondly, Zak was planning to disappear before the trial even started. He had planned to disappear for seven years to "die" to begin with, and he knew that everyone would suspect Valant had helped him escape; Valant says so himself! Valant got thrown in jail, and that was exactly what Zak wanted. Then seven years later he hands the performance rights to Phoenix to make sure that it was his daughter that inherited her grandfather's magic. Yes, he did write the confession...and, in turn, Valant confessed to framing Zak for the crime...just like Zak wanted. He knew what had happened and that Valant's conscience would make him tell the truth, getting Zak off scot-free, of course. And then he goes to set Phoenix up and clobbers Olga with a glass bottle.
My various AA stories (Nick/Maya, Adrian/Celeste, Krissi/Dollie, Klavilami, general stuff, etc). All comments, feedback, and reviews are greatly appreciated! :D
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Robo-Aly

Gender: Female

Location: Vancouver

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 am

Posts: 1019

Lol my friend showed me these last night. They're awesome XD
Image
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 2182

Writer Awakened wrote:
Secondly, Zak was planning to disappear before the trial even started. He had planned to disappear for seven years to "die" to begin with, and he knew that everyone would suspect Valant had helped him escape; Valant says so himself! Valant got thrown in jail, and that was exactly what Zak wanted. Then seven years later he hands the performance rights to Phoenix to make sure that it was his daughter that inherited her grandfather's magic. Yes, he did write the confession...and, in turn, Valant confessed to framing Zak for the crime...just like Zak wanted. He knew what had happened and that Valant's conscience would make him tell the truth, getting Zak off scot-free, of course. And then he goes to set Phoenix up and clobbers Olga with a glass bottle.


I'm not sure I agree with you about Zak's attitude to Valant. Don't get me wrong. Zak doesn't appear to have been a nice guy, but he appeared to be honestly shocked to discover that public opinion had turned on Valant. He didn't have to write that confession and considering Valant hadn't confessed in seven years time, I'm not sure he was expecting Valant to suddenly spill his guts when he saw it. This was the same person who stood on the stand a tried to frame him for murder and then preceded to keep his silence about the truth over a long period of time. Zak couldn't have known how Valant would react (although perhaps he suspected), so it seems to me that he didn't plan for Valant to take the fall. After all, the court had decided that he was the guilty party. They just couldn't sentence him because of his disappearing act, but that wouldn't make him any less guilty. We know he was overseas for a long time, so it is very possible he never knew his partner's fate before returning.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lurker turned Member

Gender: Male

Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:16 pm

Posts: 231

Copy pasting my post from the contradiction topic.

I just had a thought concerning why Zak wanted to set Phoenix up. Olga was under the assumption that "Shadi Smith" wanted to bring down the poker legend. But I think Zak wanted to find out something else.

Zak had vanished after Phoenix may or may not have "cheated" by forging the diary page. I think that it's possible the planted card had something to do with his trial. Maybe to see how he reacted to the planted card, maybe just as a way to bring up the subject, I dunno. But then when Phoenix hid the card away, and then they couldn't find it, Zak got worked up over losing his chance to see his reaction, or whatever he was hoping to do, and took it out on Olga. Phoenix left right after that saying he would call the police quick and then come right back. We don't know just what Zak did after that, but eventually he sat himself back down. Maybe he was calming himself down, when a certain little secret passage opened, and he got smacked on the head with a bottle.

That's my thought anyways.
Image
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

♪ YOUR AFFECTION~! YOUR AFFECTION~! ♪

Gender: Female

Location: San Diego, California

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:01 am

Posts: 1963

Tajiri Ami wrote:
That comic was COMPLETELY EPIC. Whoever drew that had better have done tons and tons of works that are available for my viewing pleasure~

I like Zak, but he did do a couple of rather questionable things... The whole troupe has more drama than an afterschool special.

http://peachifruit.deviantart.com/

That's her deviantart. :D
Image
BACK, BABY!
Re: Zak Gramarye: Jerk or JERK (Spoilers lol)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Gender: Male

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

Posts: 1520

Mia_Fey wrote:
Writer Awakened wrote:
Secondly, Zak was planning to disappear before the trial even started. He had planned to disappear for seven years to "die" to begin with, and he knew that everyone would suspect Valant had helped him escape; Valant says so himself! Valant got thrown in jail, and that was exactly what Zak wanted. Then seven years later he hands the performance rights to Phoenix to make sure that it was his daughter that inherited her grandfather's magic. Yes, he did write the confession...and, in turn, Valant confessed to framing Zak for the crime...just like Zak wanted. He knew what had happened and that Valant's conscience would make him tell the truth, getting Zak off scot-free, of course. And then he goes to set Phoenix up and clobbers Olga with a glass bottle.


I'm not sure I agree with you about Zak's attitude to Valant. Don't get me wrong. Zak doesn't appear to have been a nice guy, but he appeared to be honestly shocked to discover that public opinion had turned on Valant. He didn't have to write that confession and considering Valant hadn't confessed in seven years time, I'm not sure he was expecting Valant to suddenly spill his guts when he saw it. This was the same person who stood on the stand a tried to frame him for murder and then preceded to keep his silence about the truth over a long period of time. Zak couldn't have known how Valant would react (although perhaps he suspected), so it seems to me that he didn't plan for Valant to take the fall. After all, the court had decided that he was the guilty party. They just couldn't sentence him because of his disappearing act, but that wouldn't make him any less guilty. We know he was overseas for a long time, so it is very possible he never knew his partner's fate before returning.


Well, you're right, he didn't have to write a confession. But if Zak really wanted to bury the hatchet with Valant, why didn't he go talk to him? He probably could have found him if he had really wanted to. But the reason he showed up in the Borscht Bowl Club 7 years later was because, in AJ-world, he would be legally deceased and therefore "safe", legally speaking. Zak didn't try to set Valant up for anything just for kicks, but I think Zak knew what had really happened and knew the cards that Valant was going to play, so to speak. Valant wasn't innocent for trying to pin the crime on Zak, and Zak didn't seem to care that Valant took the fall for Magnifi's death (and he must have known that by disappearing, the suspicion would fall on Valant, guilty or not). Honestly, both of them hated each others' guts because of Thalassa (poor Thalassa ;_;) and neither of them are anything close to saints, but Valant faced the music for his crime (even if it did take him seven years, he did realize his mistake and wanted to make things right). Meanwhile, Zak writes his confession...and subsequently tries to screw Phoenix over for reasons I still don't really understand.

Anyway, that's why I like Valant more than Zak. Zak just did some really assholey things.
My various AA stories (Nick/Maya, Adrian/Celeste, Krissi/Dollie, Klavilami, general stuff, etc). All comments, feedback, and reviews are greatly appreciated! :D
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lolwut?

Gender: Female

Location: Florida

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:30 pm

Posts: 826

Oh what the hell, those comics were freaking hilarious... maybe a little stretched though....
Too lazy... hur hur.
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

True love is forever.

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am

Posts: 2182

AdvanceStratagist wrote:
Copy pasting my post from the contradiction topic.

I just had a thought concerning why Zak wanted to set Phoenix up. Olga was under the assumption that "Shadi Smith" wanted to bring down the poker legend. But I think Zak wanted to find out something else.

Zak had vanished after Phoenix may or may not have "cheated" by forging the diary page. I think that it's possible the planted card had something to do with his trial. Maybe to see how he reacted to the planted card, maybe just as a way to bring up the subject, I dunno. But then when Phoenix hid the card away, and then they couldn't find it, Zak got worked up over losing his chance to see his reaction, or whatever he was hoping to do, and took it out on Olga. Phoenix left right after that saying he would call the police quick and then come right back. We don't know just what Zak did after that, but eventually he sat himself back down. Maybe he was calming himself down, when a certain little secret passage opened, and he got smacked on the head with a bottle.

That's my thought anyways.


Well, the real reason he comes back to meet Phoenix is to hand him the letter giving Trucy the tricks Zak had inherited before he was declared legally dead and lost his rights to them. The card game was a secondary reason and considering Zak's attitude, he may just have fallen to his "foolish pride" as Trucy mentions. Zak does mention that he couldn't stand losing and having lost already to Magnifi, he didn't plan to allow Phoenix's win over him to stand unchallenged. Besides, he seems rather cranky that Phoenix had gone undefeated for so long. I imagine he was calming himself down after all that (he had just hit a woman with a bottle after all), but Phoenix wasn't gone long (remember the murder had to occur, Kristoph had to arrange the scene, and then escape before Phoenix got back) so Zak wouldn't have had much time to do anything before being killed and he was clearly sitting when he was hit. There's no reference to the card having to do with the trial and Olga tells us she was the one who planted it. It was her trump card. Just a low level card that they could accuse Phoenix of having switched out to improve his hand. Zak does clearly have a temper considering the fact that he is constantly hitting Brushel which could explain his fury at having his plan foiled.

@ Writer- I don't fully agree that Zak knew or believed that blame would fall on Valant, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have. He did seem extremely surprised and distressed to me, but there isn't any way to get inside his head and know for sure so your reading of it is certainly as valid as mine. I actually also prefer Valant if only because Zak really did seem to be unconcerned about the effect ruining Phoenix's reputation would have on Trucy (I'm pissed for Phoenix's sake as well as he didn't deserve that treatment, but to knowingly do such a thing to your own daughter is particularly horrible. Phoenix and Trucy relied on the money Phoenix made playing poker and if his reputation was shot, so was one of their main sources of income. Seriously, not nice). Besides, Valant had funny animations (bunnies!).
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25


Last edited by Mia_Fey on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

Roman Law Ace Attorney

Gender: Male

Location: In the 5th bc Century

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:06 am

Posts: 355

And That why he write the confession
Enjoying the best of Law! IN SPACE!
Ace Attorney in training


Love isn't for everyone...
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

Dark Psyche Locks

Gender: Female

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:56 am

Posts: 2

I know this thread is about why Zak Gramarye is a jerk, but..

Spoiler:
If Kristoph never made that forgery, none of this would have happened. Phoenix would have found he had nothing to present, and things would have probably gone two ways. A) At the last moment, Zak shouts out :holdit:, dramatic shots of the judge and attorneys would have been shown, then the slap sound and Zak would have taken the stand and presented the fake page. Valant would've either ended up guilty, or he would admit to that it was a suicide and he tried to frame Zak. B) Phoenix would have seen he was out of ammo to save his client and before Zak was about to be pronounced guilty, he would've run off.

If Mr. Gavin wasn't so determined to cheat to ensure his victory, even going so far as to kill people, Apollo Justice would've never happened. :garyuu:
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

Roman Law Ace Attorney

Gender: Male

Location: In the 5th bc Century

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:06 am

Posts: 355

Only One In All wrote:
I know this thread is about why Zak Gramarye is a jerk, but..

Spoiler:
If Kristoph never made that forgery, none of this would have happened.


I Agree, but as if its posted before, I did'nt menton it.
^First post
Enjoying the best of Law! IN SPACE!
Ace Attorney in training


Love isn't for everyone...
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

"Allakazooooomg!"

Gender: Female

Location: Stalking Valant and learning the ways of his magicz!!

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Posts: 6

Allakazooooooomg!!!
.....hey!! Zak still is awesome. Right? I mean...just look at my avatar! (Thanks to a certain someone....)
Anyway, I love whoever did those comics!!! So funny!! And epic. And Zak may be a jerk...but a cool magic jerk, yeah!? :varanbaran:
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

♪ YOUR AFFECTION~! YOUR AFFECTION~! ♪

Gender: Female

Location: San Diego, California

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:01 am

Posts: 1963

Yeah, those comics are still awesome. I hope she makes more.

I mean, kicking Apollo babies are just awesome. XD
Image
BACK, BABY!
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Robo-Aly

Gender: Female

Location: Vancouver

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 am

Posts: 1019

"Well sure, I can go out for ice cream.... BUT YOU AREN'T COMING!"


<3


Kristoph's face in the 3rd one is epic XD
Image
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

♪ YOUR AFFECTION~! YOUR AFFECTION~! ♪

Gender: Female

Location: San Diego, California

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:01 am

Posts: 1963

Akane wrote:

Kristoph's face in the 3rd one is epic XD

Quoted for truth.
Image
BACK, BABY!
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Gender: Male

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

Posts: 1520

Valant's expression in the second one sells it for me. XD Also, Thalassa being cute in the first one.
My various AA stories (Nick/Maya, Adrian/Celeste, Krissi/Dollie, Klavilami, general stuff, etc). All comments, feedback, and reviews are greatly appreciated! :D
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Robo-Aly

Gender: Female

Location: Vancouver

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:14 am

Posts: 1019

Writer Awakened wrote:
Valant's expression in the second one sells it for me.


This is true, also.
Image
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

some kind of fabulous retard

Gender: Female

Location: Washington State. No, it's not raining right now. Unless it is.

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:38 am

Posts: 237

Rhia wrote:
Yeah, those comics are still awesome. I hope she makes more.

I mean, kicking Apollo babies are just awesome. XD

QFT. Those two panels would totally be in my sig right now if it wasn't a SPOILER...

grr. not fair.
Sometimes.... I don't know what I'm living for, I just know I want to live some more. - Brendan Benson
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Lolwut?

Gender: Female

Location: Florida

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:30 pm

Posts: 826

Rhia wrote:
Akane wrote:

Kristoph's face in the 3rd one is epic XD

Quoted for truth.

QFT the Quoted for truth.
Too lazy... hur hur.
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title
User avatar

Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!

Gender: Male

Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

Posts: 1520

Valant's expression in the last panel of the second reminds me of a mortified Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh. Angry Kristoph in the third reminds me of Cromartie High School, for some reason. XD
My various AA stories (Nick/Maya, Adrian/Celeste, Krissi/Dollie, Klavilami, general stuff, etc). All comments, feedback, and reviews are greatly appreciated! :D
Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

Gender: Male

Location: Worcestershire, England

Rank: Desk Jockey

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:19 am

Posts: 120

I really liked Zak. I admit he was a jerk but I thought he was awesome and was one of my favourite characters out of AJ.
Then again, I always liked the jerk characters :redd: They seem to be the most entertaining.
Page 1 of 17 [ 649 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
cron
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO
[ Time : 1.256s | 16 Queries | GZIP : On ]