Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 5 of 17[ 649 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Re: Zak Gramarye is a JERK (Spoilers lol~)Topic%20Title

I kinda like the idea Zak meant to leave Trucy in Valants care, it makes a certain amount of sense as he was the nearest thing to family, but surely Zak knew either Valant framed him for the murder charge or killed Magnifi himself. I'm not sure he would that willing to leave his child with someone who tried to get him convicted as a murderer.

But then none of Zaks actions make sense "oh my little girl I love so much, daughter of my late wife I might have killed ... oh crap gotta run, see ya Trucy, try and find someone to look after you, and no I won't be bothered about seeing you 7 years later either!"

Zak just seems not to have thought about it ... maybe he didn't get time to organise a poker tournament with the winner adopting Trucy?!

Sig made by the talented Trabztress, thank you!

I don't think Zak did suspect Valant of any foul play. He seemed honestly shocked when told that Valant was under suspicion.

I wanna study YOUR beauty

mrowster wrote:
and no I won't be bothered about seeing you 7 years later

I think he made that choice because he was going back into hiding, and he didn't want to remind his daughter of her trouble 7 years ago.

Phoenix + Iris Forever

When I was playing the game, I didn't think Zak's a jerk. (But don't trust my opinion. I also thought that Mia hated Diego's guts, but that's another story.) Then I read that "Zak's a Jerk" comic thingy, and now I can't help but think of him as a jerk.

Then again, Zak did leave his daughter in the hands of a complete stranger....
Then again, He can tell a lot about a person through poker....

Mr. Ygrrjfjdosowhatever

ZAK GRAMARYE IS NOT A JERK!!! He's an idiot.
Seriously though, I felt that Zak was a lovable character in his own right. He turned down Kristoph as a lawyer because, through a game of wits, he realized that Kristoph wasn't a good lawyer. And, well... the guy was going to cheat in order to win. Boom! Not a jerk, just an idiot.

Then, he escaped after the trial, with Trucy's help, and just happened to pretty much totally forget her and leave Phoenix to care for her. Not a jerk, just an idiot.

And, 7 years later, he didn't want to ruin Phoenix Wright. He was just very competitive and was obsessed with defeating him in poker, even if it meant making it look like he'd cheated. He didn't expect things to get out of control and for Phoenix to be framed for his murder. Not a jerk, just an idiot. Okay, maybe a little bit of a jerk there.

Also, your Zak Gramarye is a Jerk comic caused me to laugh uncontrollably for several minutes. In other words, ROFLMAOOL.

spr fckn srs peepz

YggdrasilsSword wrote:
Seriously though, I felt that Zak was a lovable character in his own right. He turned down Kristoph as a lawyer because, through a game of wits, he realized that Kristoph wasn't a good lawyer. And, well... the guy was going to cheat in order to win. Boom! Not a jerk, just an idiot.

To be anal, they were playing 5-card stud poker, which is more of a luck game than anything. Now, had they been playing Texas Hold 'em or Omaha...
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Rookie Attorney

WhiteElephant wrote:
Spoiler: Zak is a Jerk Part 3

Klavier's face kinda reminds me of that moment from Awesome Center.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/455919

Mr. Ygrrjfjdosowhatever

Wrestler Hatman wrote:
YggdrasilsSword wrote:

To be anal, they were playing 5-card stud poker, which is more of a luck game than anything. Now, had they been playing Texas Hold 'em or Omaha...

Then obviously he wanted his lawyer to be lucky.

spr fckn srs peepz

YggdrasilsSword wrote:
Wrestler Hatman wrote:
YggdrasilsSword wrote:

Or rather : The guy who designed this didn't really care so long as it had the word Poker in it.
http://vanderlund.blogspot.com - Because the only fantasy worlds I like are those I write myself.

Overruled?

Quote:

Which is pretty weird when you consider he was planning on ditching the court anyway.

Powers Fan

YggdrasilsSword wrote:
And, 7 years later, he didn't want to ruin Phoenix Wright. He was just very competitive and was obsessed with defeating him in poker, even if it meant making it look like he'd cheated. He didn't expect things to get out of control and for Phoenix to be framed for his murder. Not a jerk, just an idiot. Okay, maybe a little bit of a jerk there.

OBJECTION!

For one thing, he could hardly call it a win if he cheated. But most importantly, making it look like Phoenix had cheated would not guarantee him a win. As we saw, even though he did that, Phoenix still technically won. And it's made clear by Olga's testimony that his goal was to ruin Phoenix and his perfect-win record. A true competitor would never be satisfied with a victory because the other player was caught cheating, especially when the cheating was faked by them in the first place!
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

TIN PIN SLAMMER TIME!

He is so a jerk.
Image Image Image Image
Please don't let my dragons die.

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

YggdrasilsSword wrote:
Wrestler Hatman wrote:
YggdrasilsSword wrote:

:objection:
It's stated that the outcome of that game didn't matter. Zak was using it to find out what sort of person the lawyer who was approaching him was. :garyuu: was a jerk so he fired him. :phoenix: wasn't so he hired him.

GANTALITY!

That comic always makes me laugh.

I felt dumb when I first played the game and did not notice that so and so and thingy were the same people.. gee, I suck.
"So apparently P/I fan + Insecurity + airheadedness + strange kinks + bad grasp of reality + over eagerness = bad user........." D= /D\

TIN PIN SLAMMER TIME!

I thought he looked familiar, but it wasn't until later that I realized it was smith.
Image Image Image Image
Please don't let my dragons die.

and the plot thickens

SerialVER wrote:
That comic always makes me laugh.

I felt dumb when I first played the game and did not notice that so and so and thingy were the same people.. gee, I suck.

hahaha same here as soon as i realized it i had this giant sence of oooooooooooooh ok i got it

Just a random passerby

All these comics just gave me a new idea why Zak fired Kristoph.
Zak really fired Kristoph because Zak saw Kristoph was also a jerk.
"Hey, this guy seems like he's a real jerk. He even has a demonic hand. I'm supposed to be the biggest jerk. I'm not going to get outjerked by my own lawyer. He must be fired. Let's see, oh this Wright person seems good, he's too nice. OK Back to my escape plan ideas.

There you go. Zak fired Kristoph because Zak realized Kristoph was a bigger jerk than him and Zak was afraid people would think Kristoph was a bigger jerk than him. And no one is a bigger jerk than ZAK GRAMARYE.

Hey, I can be satrical too.

If you don't know who is the Shmoo look

Thalasa:I also have a son.
Zak:Not anymore you don't!
I can't stop laughing! EPIC WIN!

Wife of Justin Laws :3

Kristoph is not a jerk! He's just mentally insane is all. And besides that if Zak hadn't have fired him then these events would have happened

-Phoenix would have never lost his badge.
-Apollo would still be with Kristoph and then Kristoph would be left with Trucy. (This thought gives me an idea for a fic.)
-Kristoph wouldn't have gone insane.
-Zak would still be alive and get Trucy back to start Troupe Grammyre again.
-Klavier would still have his family.
~I trust Nadindi with all my graphics.

I recently realized my love for this jerk.
If I met him in real life, I'd ask for his autograph and hang out with him. We would be magnificent jerks together.
He's the man. He really is.
Valentines Day Avatar by me, Signature by Vickinator

~Proud Shipper of ApolloxVera~

Sigh. Why does everyone hate on Zak... I guess I can understand why, but honestly I think he had it all planned out ahead of time.
Spoiler:
Didn't he read Gavin's feelings? Sure I don't recall him having the Graymare power, but he seemed to have a feeling Kristoph was bad news and that's why he ditched him and went to Nick. And then Zak HAD to have known Kristoph was not going to take that lightly, either. If the judge didn't get him that day, Gavin would have so either way he was pretty screwed.
Plus, he trusted Nick because he read him too, so he knew it would have been fine to leave Trucy with him. And if he didn't leave Trucy, she could have ended up dead too. :garyuu:

Thanx to Nadindi for the screenshot and credit to bibilomaniac for the avatar~

A beautiful world indeed.

YggdrasilsSword wrote:
Then, he escaped after the trial, with Trucy's help, and just happened to pretty much totally forget her and leave Phoenix to care for her. Not a jerk, just an idiot.

I'm sorry, but even if you hald only a fourth of Larry's brain, you would not forget whatever happened to your only child.

neoswordmaster wrote:
YggdrasilsSword wrote:

I'm sorry, but even if you hald only a fourth of Larry's brain, you would not forget whatever happened to your only child.

Who said that he forgot her? Thats never implied in the game. He could have said his goodbyes to her then and there, while explaing to her that she can trust Phoenix.

Oops. Double post.

Superpower: Logic

When I first met him, I thought he was nothing more than a jerk. He didn't kill Magnifi (why would he anyway?) so he wasn't a murderer, just a really big jerk.

Spoiler: case 4-4
But since he's responsible for Kristoph Gavin going NUTS, he caused Phoenix to lose his badge. Damn you Zak.

wait WHAT?

i lol'ed at the comics

I think I can come up with a legitimate explanation as to why Zak left Trucy with Phoenix.
Spoiler:
Zak could tell Phoenix was a good person, and it was obvious that he had a steady job. There was no way to know he was going to get fired, unless you were one of the Gavin bros. And he knew he was trustworthy through that game of poker. He was ready to leave Trucy in his care.

Plus he wanted to go out with a bang rather than be thrown in jail, hence the disappearance, because he's
A) a showman, and
B) a jerk.

Besides, even if he didn't disappear, he'd have to go to jail, and Trucy would be left alone anyways.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I think he's an idiot. BTW, the 'zak is a jerk' comics made me lol!

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Heh, those comics made me laugh. :moe-laugh:

It actually made me like Kristoph a little... :eh?:
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Just some person

Spoiler: Not sure which bits are spoilers, so I've put all of it in the box
What I don't like about Zak is that he was all friendly, not killing or even trying to frame Valant of murder (it was Phoenix who did that. Zak planned to be blamed and then disappear), but then, after his friendly chat with Phoenix as shown in the MASON system, he tries to frame him for cheating at poker. That last bit seemed a little bit out of character.

how_objectionable33 wrote:
Kristoph is not a jerk! He's just mentally insane is all. And besides that if Zak hadn't have fired him then these events would have happened

-Apollo would still be with Kristoph and then Kristoph would be left with Trucy. (This thought gives me an idea for a fic.)

So to sum up your points, if Zak hadn't fired Kristoph just because Kristoph is bad at poker, a whole bunch of tragedies could have been avoided...Sounds pretty reasonable. This provides good evidence that Zak is a complete jerk. (all the bad stuff that happened in AJ was practically his fault!)

Credit goes to the lovely Purple Angel for the sig, and the wonderful TheBaronAndEma for the avatar~!

Miyako Chinatsu wrote:
how_objectionable33 wrote:

So to sum up your points, if Zak hadn't fired Kristoph just because Kristoph is bad at poker, a whole bunch of tragedies could have been avoided...Sounds pretty reasonable. This provides good evidence that Zak is a complete jerk. (all the bad stuff that happened in AJ was practically his fault!)

:objection:

For the third time, the outcome of the game was irrelevant! Zak was using it to tell what type of person his potential lawyer was! Kristoph only thought he was fired because he stunk!

Till the landslide brought me down...

Spoiler: Zak is a Jerk Part 3

I laughed so hard at Kristoph's face xD
• °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•* • °♦ ♥ ♦° .*•. ♫~.•*• °♦ ♥ ♦°

They took some honey, from a tree...

A pretty useless reminder, but this post will contain spoilers.

While I do agree on the whole "tell what kind of person x is by playing poker with him" in Kristoph's case; one can't help but wonder if all this mess could've been avoided in the first place if Zak kept Kristoph as his Lawyer, good man or no. while Kristoph did have the Diary page forged to help him win the trial (IIRC), as the OP said, if Zak simply showed the final page of Magnifi's diary to Kristoph (in this case, rather than Phoenix) either in the detention center, or before the trial, he probably wouldn't have used it. (Although, after spending $500,000 on a forgery, I can understand if he used it "for the hell of it"; unless the Gavin Law Offices have money to burn.) The fact that suicide had occured could have been found out in the process of the trial (Gunpowder burn; I was surprised that this possibility was never considered. Have the coroners forgotten 2-2? Or have they been replaced by even more inept coroners?), and both Zak and Valant would've been acquitted.

I can definitely see why some like him; he does have a fairly grandoise personality (although not as vocabularily archaic as Valant), and seems to have a strong personality and resolve, too. However, I do not believe this excuses him from the fact that he could have handled things much better; if not by staying with Kristoph and explaining the whole ordeal to him, or by doing the same thing for Phoenix.

Last edited by Colonel Olrik on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel Olrik wrote:
Gunpowder burn; I was surprised that this possibility was never considered. Have the coroners forgotten 2-2? Or have they been replaced by even more inept coroners?

I'm sorry, you're good at this job. We can't have skilled people in law enforcement. You're fired, and I'm going to replace you with that guy over there.
Look, he even has his own scalpel.

I laughed when Zak got hit on the face with the bottle, it is so funny

I'm not the only that I thinked that! :gant: !
The comics are amazing XD...and they all said the truth :zenitora: !

I was impressed about the fact that in 4-4, it seems to like a "good man" (except the fact he hate so much losing), but in 4-1...hit Olga only because the "bad joke" was discovered...
What kind of man can do action like these?

Spoiler: Case 4-4
But this man is quite lucky...married with Lamiroir... :adrian:

Protesto!

Yeah, marry with Lamiroir but at what Price! Actually, id love to see what happened to Apollo after and Before!

I support that Zak was a Jerk, but again, if he wasnt a Jerk, then Apollo Justice cant exist

I think Zak's kind of... Arrogant. But not a jerk. And he's made the best choices out of those situatins he was in, IMO. :yuusaku:

Oh, my. My cheating plot has failed. I have 2 options: hit the fake russian waitress who helped me cheat or don't hit the fake russian waitress who helped me cheat.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... What to do...

Page 5 of 17 [ 649 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)