Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

German versionTopic%20Title

Dark Magician

heya folks,
I'm playing the German version of AJ right now (Case 2) and yeah so far there's nothing strange, but then Klavier appeared and... his German name is KANTILEN ;_; Is this a name, an instrument, an animal, ice cream flavour...? I've no idea D= Konrad, Klavier and now Kantilen :larry:
I think it may come from "cantare" which means singing in Latin, but it's still an awful name!!

Beside this cruel name it's quite good in German, I like Kristoph's Objection, but Polly's "Hold it!"/"Moment Mal!" is a pain in German =(
There were some translation mistakes (i.e. threat/treat - bedrohen/behandeln in case 1) and the name of case 2 is just BAAAAD: "Der Wandel mit der Ecke" meaning "Turnabout with the corner" WTF!?!

Read it. Believe it. Discuss it. :garyuu:

Last edited by Zante on Wed May 14, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: German versionTopic%20Title

According to my dad, "Kantilen" is some musical form or arrangement...

Okay, so the German wikipedia tells me that it's actually called "Kantilene" and it's a melody or a passage of a song or composition that contains much singing.

And yes, it sounds retarded. I'd much rather have "Klavier" (with French accent) because it doesn't sound as retarded as "Kantilen" >_>; Honestly... I have to try and look away from that awful "name" everytime I see him on screen XD Poor Klavier/Kyouya XDDD Okay, I favor Kyouya, forget about the rest XDD

True love starts with a little teasing...

~ Klavier Gavin and Ema Skye ~

This silt just got real

That's funny since Klavier itself is a German word, right? :kyouya:

Surf's Up!

Caitlin wrote:

Isn't it a type of Piano or something?

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Caitlin wrote:

Isn't it a type of Piano or something?

Its not a type of piano, it just means "piano". I guess they thought the German audience would be a little weirded out by having a character named after an instrument he doesn't even play.

This time I'll be bulletproof.

WHAT?!
Are you serious?
Holy crap, now I have to forget about buying this game today.
I think they didn`t want poor Kyouya to sound too german.
THAT.IS.SO.MUCH.CRAP.
Fine, then I'll have to play the whole game in english again.
Thank you NoE,did you know that I hate you?

EDIT:
NOEEEES!
I've just looked at the German page, his freakin' name IS KANTILEN!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I'm not using CR anymore.

Dark Magician

It's also very annoying that this version is just in German and French (JFA had both plus English, but oh well...)
I just heard Klavi...-oops, sorry- Kantilen's Einspruch, it sounds funny, not bad at all!

no not like that

I stopped reading/watching/playing German versions of books/movies/games about two years ago. The translations suck and a lot of things go lost and urgh. This is why I import.

But I'm glad they changed Klavier's name because it just sounds so weird in German! D:

Spoiler: German talk for German people
Argh! Ich hasse, hasse, HASSE Übersetzungen jeglicher Art! Es geht einfach nur soo viel verloren. Ich find das nicht gut. Wie spricht ihr eigentlich Klaviers (...Kantilens?) Namen aus? Kla-wir doch wohl nicht, oder? Das hört sich total komisch an. Ich sag das wie Kla-wie-er. Hm.

Foolish Fool

they should have thrown in a German objection into the game, would have made a nice touch to the character.

Totchi wrote:
And yes, it sounds retarded. I'd much rather have "Klavier" (with French accent) because it doesn't sound as retarded as "Kantilen" >_>; Honestly... I have to try and look away from that awful "name" everytime I see him on screen XD Poor Klavier/Kyouya XDDD Okay, I favor Kyouya, forget about the rest XDD

Omigod.
Kan-- whaaaaaaaaat? *still doesn't remember it*

And, Totchi, i'm total de acuerdo with you ** I prefer saying Klavier with french accent XD
*i'm french, i rock*
*chokes and dies*

Ayup, Kyouya, and nothing else XP

This time I'll be bulletproof.

WAIT.A.SEC.
Did you just tell me that there is no english language on the german game?!
WTF?!
Is NoE now finally going crazy?
Fine.They got it. I'm hating them right now.Could someone please just kill them? Or at least let 'em be killed??

Spoiler: I would spell it...
Ich sage zu Klavier Kla-wier...Hmmm...Ich merke schön langsam wie sehr ich NoE hasse Leute, ihr auch??

I'm not using CR anymore.

no not like that

SuzuneAyasato wrote:
WAIT.A.SEC.
Did you just tell me that there is no english language on the german game?!
WTF?!
Is NoE now finally going crazy?
Fine.They got it. I'm hating them right now.Could someone please just kill them? Or at least let 'em be killed??

German! Be prepared~
Genau DESHALB hab ich ja importiert! D: Ich hab bei Amazon geguckt und bei Sprache stand da nicht "Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch" sondern "Deutsch, Deutsch, Deutsch". Sonst hätt ich auch noch die 3 Wochen bis zum Deutschen Releasedatum gewartet. Aber die deutsche Übersetzung wollt ich mir nicht antun. Ja.

Achso! Für die, die die Deutsche Version gespielt haben - was sagt den Klavier/Kantilen da so? Ahh, ich meine...in der Englischen Version sagt er ja dauernd Deutsche sachen (ACHTUNG BABY 8D) - was irgendwie total nicht cool ist, aber naja - die können das doch wohl nicht so gelassen haben, oder?

To those who don't like the name "Kantilen"... Just call him Kant for short. I think it sounds better.
My opinion is that it's good that they changed the name Klavier, but it's bad that they chose Kantilen instead. But I have to admire them for coming up with a word that started with a K and had a link with both Germany and music. (The French version also call it Kantilen, and as I said in the "European Sound" thread, it's a german epic song/ sung poem as well as being a musical phrase).

Avistew wrote:
To those who don't like the name "Kantilen"... Just call him Kant for short.

Image ... :eh?:

I was really hoping for a French/German/English version of Apollo Justice as well, like with JFA. Waited until May 9th for it to come out in the UK and find it only in English. :zenitora:

Dark Magician

Kantilen's nickname for Apollo is "Stirni" (Stirn = forehead).

Es ist einfach furchtbar, wie viele Tippfehler das Spiel auf Deutsch hat. o.o Sogar beim normalen "Aufhören"-Button (beim Mischpult, Psychische Blockaden etc.) steht "Aufhölen". Einmal steht "Siedu"; anscheinend konnte sich der Übersetzer nicht entscheiden, ob er duzen soll oder nicht =/
Echt furchtbar, hat sich das keiner durchgelesen? Die Übersetzungen gibt es ja schon seit der Games Convention, nicht? Und dann keine Englisch-Option einbauen ist einfach grausam :sadshoe:

Cross-examining your posts!

Jeez, I feel bad that I can't get half of this German ranting. At first I could understand it, but now it's such a fest of "vokabeln" that I am unfamiliar with that my 3rd year German skills have failed me... :( So could someone tell me what's going on?
Formerly Avenger...

Here I am! The tragic clown...

ja, die deutsche version ist echt banane.....
apollos stimme mag ich auch nicht....
nur kristophs ist in ordnung.... aber er sagt ja auch so viel....

kantilen ist furchtbar.... wie soll man das denn aussprechen?????????
klavier find ich gut.... das reimt sich auf xavier, daher passt das schon^^
konrad find ich als name auch ok...

tippfehler sind mir nicht aufgefallen o_O ich will nicht behaupten blind zu sein, aber vielleicht wurde ein teil der deutschen spiele korrigiert und der rest nicht, wobei ich das für unwahrscheinlich halte.... und ich bin sehr pingelig, was rechtschreibfehler angeht....
"Do you put salt and pepper in your coffee, Trite?"

I know who Kant is. But at least it sounds more like a name, doesn't it?

no not like that

Zante wrote:

Es ist einfach furchtbar, wie viele Tippfehler das Spiel auf Deutsch hat. o.o Sogar beim normalen "Aufhören"-Button (beim Mischpult, Psychische Blockaden etc.) steht "Aufhölen". Einmal steht "Siedu"; anscheinend konnte sich der Übersetzer nicht entscheiden, ob er duzen soll oder nicht =/
Echt furchtbar, hat sich das keiner durchgelesen? Die Übersetzungen gibt es ja schon seit der Games Convention, nicht? Und dann keine Englisch-Option einbauen ist einfach grausam :sadshoe:

Stirni? Wie jetzt, im Gegensatz zu Hirni? Haha, das gefällt mir. :edgy:
Ja, ich weiß... Naja, ich war aber auch noch nie ein Fan von Übersetzungen und hab sie deshalb auch gemieden wo's ging. Naja, das mit dem siezen/duzen ist auch kompliziert, da tun mir die Übersetzer leid. Mir hätte auch zB "Hab dich!" besser gefallen als "Ertappt!" aber argh, da hätten wir dann wieder das Problem mit der Anrede und bla.

Avenger wrote:
Jeez, I feel bad that I can't get half of this German ranting. At first I could understand it, but now it's such a fest of "vokabeln" that I am unfamiliar with that my 3rd year German skills have failed me... :( So could someone tell me what's going on?

Basically we've been ranting about how bad the translation is and how much it sucks that they didn't include the English version. Don't feel bad for not understanding. German people use a lot of slang whenever they talk, because talking "normal" German sounds very pompous and unreal. I've been learning for four years now and my English still fails me now and then haha. Especially when reading the debate topics over here - and I always feel bad that my English doesn't sound as professional as the debater's.

Pan!c wrote:

Kann-tie-lehn, dachte ich jetzt. Huh, wie reimt sich denn Klavier auf Xavier? o_O Ich hätte Klavier jetzt so pseudo-Französisch ausgesprochen: Klah-wie-är oder so. Ja, Konrad fänd ich auch am besten für die Deutsche Version. Naja. Whatever. :)

Here I am! The tragic clown...

polkadot wrote:
Zante wrote:

Stirni? Wie jetzt, im Gegensatz zu Hirni? Haha, das gefällt mir. :edgy:
Ja, ich weiß... Naja, ich war aber auch noch nie ein Fan von Übersetzungen und hab sie deshalb auch gemieden wo's ging. Naja, das mit dem siezen/duzen ist auch kompliziert, da tun mir die Übersetzer leid. Mir hätte auch zB "Hab dich!" besser gefallen als "Ertappt!" aber argh, da hätten wir dann wieder das Problem mit der Anrede und bla.

Avenger wrote:

Basically we've been ranting about how bad the translation is and how much it sucks that they didn't include the English version. Don't feel bad for not understanding. German people use a lot of slang whenever they talk, because talking "normal" German sounds very pompous and unreal. I've been learning for four years now and my English still fails me now and then haha. Especially when reading the debate topics over here - and I always feel bad that my English doesn't sound as professional as the debater's.

Pan!c wrote:

Kann-tie-lehn, dachte ich jetzt. Huh, wie reimt sich denn Klavier auf Xavier? o_O Ich hätte Klavier jetzt so pseudo-Französisch ausgesprochen: Klah-wie-är oder so. Ja, Konrad fänd ich auch am besten für die Deutsche Version. Naja. Whatever. :)

also wenn du klavier englisch aussprichst, passt das^^ ist zwar ein deutsches wort, aber wie stellst du dir denn vor, wie das in amerika ausgesprochen wird^^"
so dolle haben die es da nicht mit französisch, denk ich mal^^
"Do you put salt and pepper in your coffee, Trite?"

Avistew wrote:
To those who don't like the name "Kantilen"... Just call him Kant for short

But that's sadly impossible when you play the game and he's being referred to as "Kantilen" X_X I can't just close my eyes for that second XDDD

I like the German voices of the game, but the names just suck. And the German version if FULL of typos and errors O_o There are so many, it's extremely embarassing and at this rate, the game shouldn't have been given free for mass production...

True love starts with a little teasing...

~ Klavier Gavin and Ema Skye ~
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » The Hydeout (GS4)