Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 5 of 7[ 265 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Case 4 Discussion Thread - (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Idol of Polar Bears

Tyrell Badd > your life

See how many bullet holes are in his jacket? His suit? His TIE? It's obvious that he's a monster every criminal should be afraid of crossing paths with. The guy's been in God-knows-how-many fire fights and he's still pretty much in his prime. On top of that, he's such an awesome tragic character that he chooses not to wallow in past failures; his stern, grizzled expression proudly wears the face of a man who is not afraid to face his past head on and sprinkling on some salt before forcefully munching down with his Herculean alligator jaws. As a bonus, he gives everyone the muggin' treatment before whipping out his mirror to pwn the poor fool who thought they could sneak up behind him. He rightfully deserved his own theme song and the designers seemed to be on the same train of thought. He's my new Favorite Badass.

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
Tyrell Badd > your life

See how many bullet holes are in his jacket? His suit? His TIE? It's obvious that he's a monster every criminal should be afraid of crossing paths with. The guy's been in God-knows-how-many fire fights and he's still pretty much in his prime. On top of that, he's such an awesome tragic character that he chooses not to wallow in past failures; his stern, grizzled expression proudly wears the face of a man who is not afraid to face his past head on and sprinkling on some salt before forcefully munching down with his Herculean alligator jaws. As a bonus, he gives everyone the muggin' treatment before whipping out his mirror to pwn the poor fool who thought they could sneak up behind him. He rightfully deserved his own theme song and the designers seemed to be on the same train of thought. He's my new Favorite Badass.
Detective Baddass.

We need a smilie for this guy!

Wild BLUETWO appeared!

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
My "D'AAAAAW" gland kicked in when Kay started sobbing over her father's death.

I'm a softy.

Bit of a mood whiplash with the whole cravat thing, though.
No, I seriously don't have anything else to put here besides a link that gets me rewards when people click on it.
If you like video game music, it might actually be worth your while.

Idol of Polar Bears

I wholly endorse the Badd smiley idea.

Perfect whine record

Badd looks like a mutant. Don't like him all that much..

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

Just finished 4. Unless 5 is better this will be my favorite case. The ammount of abuse Edgey got in it was hillarious. Calisto constantly laughing at him, Fran whipping him more than Phoenix and Gumshoe combined in JFA and T&T, and of course Kay literally kicking his ass XD (i saw the video of it on Youtube, but since it was the Japanese one i had no idea she called him an idiot, or what Fran said afterwards). Then when she showed up again i was LMAO at her strike stance (i have all of the sprites, but i guess i never looked at that one. It matches her music perfectly).
When she started crying though the fun ended :larry: . That was heart wrenching. Luckily everything cheered up again with what she did to Edgey :will: And her friendship with Gummy was so cute.
Young franny is adorable. Having a smile on most of the time just seems so out of character for her. And i think she used her riding crop more than she used her whip in this game and the other 2.
Calisto's on my hate list. I so wanted Fran to whip the laugh out of her. It was funny at first but by the halfway point it got annoying.
Badd's a pretty good character. You think he's heartless until you see him with Kay.
And i never thought i'd see Udgey take that much of a beating.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

DecisiveYoshi wrote:
Inb4 Kristoph/Calisto pairing?

I'm afraid you're already too late.
ImageImage

Humph.

There is a spelling mistake in GK1-4! Wow, I just noticed that common is spelled with 1 m when Edgeworth is thinking about Gumshoe. (Why do I have the tendency to misspell spelled as spelt? Our school is bad...)
Ace Attorney MIDI rips!

Please visit my forum!

Engaged to P!ATD.
Bought an apartment at the Otaku.

Prosecutor

Oh, trust me, there are LOTS of grammar/spelling errors in this game. The repeated use of "regiment" for "regimen" by multiple characters really got on my nerves, for one thing.

The hope that shines through despair.

Croik wrote:
DecisiveYoshi wrote:

I'm afraid you're already too late.

It makes sense. They can bond over lipstick and nail polish.

The earliest case of the whole series. Wow. Young Franziska and young Kay were adorable. Talking to the Judge was totally epic. I do think he is the same judge we all know and love. Calisto Yew was a bit annoying when she laughs at Edgeworth, but she is right about him being too serious. XD
Spoiler:
Finding out she was the killer was not too shocking, I guess. It's nice to see more "prosecutors not always evil/attorneys could be evil too" stuff. However, when I saw her point a gun at Edgeworth, I screamed. Who would use a gun in court? Definitely Yew. Is she as bad as Dahlia? At least she didn't use guns. Only poison...

Oh, and I was confused who was the Yatagarusu. Bryne Faraday or Calisto Yew? Glad that was settled in the 5th case.

Yes, Badd was bad. In a good way. I laughed when Edgeworth was scared when Badd was about to pull something out of his coat, but it was a mirror. I also laughed when I saw the lollipop. Kay kicking Edgeworth, her friendship with Gumshoe and when she blew her nose into Edgeworth's cravat, wow, what a funny case. This case is definitely fun.

I saw 2 typos in the case, including the "comon" one. Plus, it was a little annoyed that people kept saying "Von Karma" with a capital V.
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.

OTTF?

FerdieLance wrote:
Oh, trust me, there are LOTS of grammar/spelling errors in this game. The repeated use of "regiment" for "regimen" by multiple characters really got on my nerves, for one thing.

The worst offender was "to whom _______ to." You already said "to"! You can't sound fancy if you keep using "to whom" incorrectly! It must have happened at least four different times.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Someone on GameFAQs pointed out Franziska is just like a child during this case. She wants daddy's attention.

Brings a smile to your face...which is promptly whipped off. :franny:

PS - can we have a young Franziska smiley?

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Someone on GameFAQs pointed out Franziska is just like a child during this case. She wants daddy's attention.

That may be because she is only a child at the time of the case?
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

Athena Internet Defense Force

But she puts up a front in doing so. Which is "D'AAAAW"-dorable. At first I saw her as just being herself but in a younger way but when I realized she was doing that just so her father would notice her, it came back around on me.

Of course this game has virtually changed my image of her...so maybe that's not a good thing.

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

I see ^^

I also realised with this case that Manfred didn't seem to care about Franziska much. Like when she ask if he will come to her first court-battle he gives a very vague answer. I felt really sorry for franny there ;_;
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

The member who doesn't swear much

Just finished the case, and it was brill. There was nothing I hated about it. I didn't notice most, if any, of the typos, and the references to JFA were brilliant. I loved the whole case.

Spoiler: Murderer
Sadly, I saw Calisto being the murderer coming, but not how the murder was done.

Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.

The cape is self-fluttering

Case 4. Wow. You have a tendency to disappoint me greatly and then the next minute, go, "Haha, fooled you!"

I had a hard time swallowing some of the things in this case, until it all played out.

I found Bratworth to be a little too... lenient... as far as finding out who the criminal was. I thought for sure he would be "GUILTY GUMSHOE GUILTY" with very little flexibility on his opinion. In AA 1-4, we were told that Edgeworth's hatred of criminals began when Yanni Yogi was acquitted of killing Gregory Edgeworth... suddenly he's calmly objective about Gummy? So I figured something else must have happened further into the case that really did it for him to make him really hate criminals (Calisto murdering, covering up the murders, then attempting to murder two young prosecutors who found her out).

Manfred von Karma... it was interesting seeing him, because we never got any normal interaction between him and Edgeworth outside of court. He seemed like the typical "master" or "coach" of a student he was training to do well. At least until he called Edgeworth a worthless person to his face. Then I was like, "yup, back to Manfred von Asshat."

Little Franny was adorable, though it was strange hearing her manner of speech. She had been speaking that way since the age of thirteen? Then again, if things are that progressive in Germany that you can be a prosecutor at the same age, maybe that's not so strange. I liked her relationshp with Edgeworth. I liked how he pretty much put her on his level, but she took advantage of that and did everything to put him down. Well, I didn't LIKE that part, but I enjoyed seeing that much into their one-sided sibling rivalry.

This case just made me like Gumshoe even more. He's such a sweetie. We already knew he was good around kids, but to put himself in jeopardy for the sake of protecting a young girl's feelings... was foolish... but a testament to what a big heart he has. Oh, but poor Gumshoe... a five dollar bonus?! I swear, if they end the AA/AAI series, the last thing they need to do is promote him and quadruple his salary and have him living in AT LEAST an upper-middle class neighborhood with Maggey and have enough money to hire a chef once a week to make something that doesn't have noodles in it.

Little Kay... aww. I LOL'd at her kicking Edgey in the ass, and LOL'd again at her using the cravat he was wearing at the time as a hankie.

So many other characters... let's see...

Tyrell Badd... didn't like him at first, but he grew on me.

Calisto Yew... holy god, girlie. I did feel sorry for her after realizing her sister had been killed, because I thought all her laughter was just her overcompensating for her sadness. Then a little further into the case, I realized she could also be a suspect for the double murder. She had said something like "You only need a motive to kill one person, because the other would just be a witness." Only I had mistaken which person she'd wanted to kill. I was disappointed when she claimed to be Yatagarasu, and that everyone was going along with it. I kept hoping that she was lying about it... of course, according to the end of the case, she was, so I am a bit relieved by that. Oh, and LOL @ all her laughter directed at Edgeworth.

You know... the fact that she dropped a bunch of perfume in the lobby puts a different meaning on Edgeworth's comment in Case 2 about the perfume behind the flight attendants' door. Perhaps perfume simply "smells" to him because it reminds him about a certain murderer who is a horrible, horrible person with a very stinky personality, and who had tried to kill him and Franziska?

Udgey! Well, a Judge, anyway. I cracked up on the cross-examination about his bathroom activities. "What else would I go to the bathroom for?!" or whatever he said, and then he got freaked out that Edgeworth thought he was doing something naughty in there. I'm not sure what that tongue-biting business was about, though.

Manny Coachen... well, can't really comment on him yet.

Kay's dad seemed like a good guy. Awwwww @ the diary he and Kay kept.

What else... oh, yeah, anyone catch the references to Phoenix? Examining the Judge's desk has Edgeworth talking about a nightmare he'd had about the Judge about to pound on him with a giant gavel... and then, examining the fire extinguisher in the beginning has Edgeworth musing about it being used as a weapon, and that he'd never be stupid enough to be caught off-guard like that, or something.

Oh, and the vending machine. Anyone else find it disturbing that there was a glass of OJ in there? You know... OJ. I don't remember the description exactly, but it had me wondering if it was a vague rip on OJ Simpson (yes, I know he is called the 'juice' in real life anyway, but something about a glass of OJ being sold in a courtroom vending machine was a bit odd).

Hmm... guess that's about it!

Yaragorm wrote:
Hmm, this Edgeworth is not as cocky as I remember him from T&T, it's pretty weird. Although, ya gotta feel bad for him seeing as his first two cases as a prosecutor have both ended in tragedy and never became finished...

True. But remember that he's a different guy in court since it's a whole different stage. That's just the way it always has been.

If you're saying he's a little soft compared to how "RRRGH MUST LOCK UP ALL CRIMINALZ" PW:AA Edgey was, I kind of have to agree... at least until he found himself face-to-face with one of the biggest bitches who could ruin anybody's impression of a defendant.

Yaragorm wrote:
The way Gumshoe kept talking about those Swiss Rolls made me curious enough to go out and buy one myself. Unfortunately, they aren't that good...

Ah, see, that's why you have to make it yourself! Of course, it takes a ton of time and effort if you want to make a GOOD chocolate swiss roll... but the rewards are made of tasty. And eventually fat hips.

DecisiveYoshi wrote:

Yes. Please do.
Spoiler: NSFW
A good hard fuck is what Kristoph needs. All while being laughed at for all his mid-coitus Super Saiyan faces.

Alice wrote:
The earliest case of the whole series. Wow. Young Franziska and young Kay were adorable. Talking to the Judge was totally epic. I do think he is the same judge we all know and love. Calisto Yew was a bit annoying when she laughs at Edgeworth, but she is right about him being too serious. XD

Absolutely. And the best part is that he either doesn't seem to realize it, or just doesn't see anything wrong with his "Shakespearean" mannerisms. But that's why we love him.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Wherever you go, I will be there.

I'm going through it, but I have one thing to say.
Spoiler: Case 4, for those who have not played it.
Franziska's 'Objection!' makes her sound 19. Who thinks that they should have at LEAST hired another person to do her 13 year old 'Objection!'?

Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese

Dylia wrote:
I'm going through it, but I have one thing to say.
Spoiler: Case 4, for those who have not played it.
Franziska's 'Objection!' makes her sound 19. Who thinks that they should have at LEAST hired another person to do her 13 year old 'Objection!'?

I do! I agree a lot. But I found it lol, to say the least.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Adrian in black wrote:
I found Bratworth to be a little too... lenient... as far as finding out who the criminal was. I thought for sure he would be "GUILTY GUMSHOE GUILTY" with very little flexibility on his opinion. In AA 1-4, we were told that Edgeworth's hatred of criminals began when Yanni Yogi was acquitted of killing Gregory Edgeworth... suddenly he's calmly objective about Gummy?

I felt the same way. I chalk it up to the same "people love Edgeworth so we don't want to portray him negatively ever" tactics the writers employed in 1-5. Plus it would be hard to have a case at all as Bratworth in true Bratworth form, since as far as we know he wasn't the kind of prosecutor that really dug deep to get to the bottom of a case.
ImageImage

The Shikikami Attorney

I noticed a typo when Calisto had said II'll, instead of I'll in the court area, am I the only one who noticed that? O.o
I think I love Buizel too much? ... Nah XD

sonic260 wrote:
I noticed a typo when Calisto had said II'll, instead of I'll in the court area, am I the only one who noticed that? O.o

Oh yes, now I remember that one. Thanks for reminding me.

Croik wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
I found Bratworth to be a little too... lenient... as far as finding out who the criminal was. I thought for sure he would be "GUILTY GUMSHOE GUILTY" with very little flexibility on his opinion. In AA 1-4, we were told that Edgeworth's hatred of criminals began when Yanni Yogi was acquitted of killing Gregory Edgeworth... suddenly he's calmly objective about Gummy?

I felt the same way. I chalk it up to the same "people love Edgeworth so we don't want to portray him negatively ever" tactics the writers employed in 1-5. Plus it would be hard to have a case at all as Bratworth in true Bratworth form, since as far as we know he wasn't the kind of prosecutor that really dug deep to get to the bottom of a case.

Yeah. Sometimes it felt like they were seesawing between the truth-bound Edgey of today and the perfect-record Bratworth. Not to say Bratworth was completely heartless or anything, and I know sometimes PW:AA Edgeworth would sometimes give lectures on "the truth" without fully understanding what it meant. But GK4 Bratworth felt closer to present-day Edgeworth, with random moments of "Oh wait, that's right, do what Manfred said, I need perfect this and perfect that."

I'm not sure if I thought the writers were trying to avoid making Edgeworth look bad (is it just my imagination, or is he even meaner to Gumshoe in this game?), but I do wonder if they're just looking for a way to somehow develop his character further, or come up with an excuse to give him a story while keeping that half-assed character development ace up their sleeve... even though it doesn't really add to what we know about the guy and really, kind of disrupts it.

And off-topic, but... Croik, your avatar/custom title combo throws me into mad giggling fits liek whoa.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Prosecutor

I was of the impression that he was lenient with Gumshoe because, as a Prosecutor, he's expected to have at least a little faith in the police force. If he attacks a detective prematurely, it hurts his chances in future cases.

If Gumshoe had been brought to court, I think Bratworth would have acted like 3-4 Bratworth - ignore all evidence that clears Gumshoe, hit hard, get him executed fast. But he wants a perfect investigation, and he's competing with Franziska on that count. There's no reason not to investigate more deeply when things just aren't adding up.

FerdieLance wrote:
I was of the impression that he was lenient with Gumshoe because, as a Prosecutor, he's expected to have at least a little faith in the police force. If he attacks a detective prematurely, it hurts his chances in future cases.

If Gumshoe had been brought to court, I think Bratworth would have acted like 3-4 Bratworth - ignore all evidence that clears Gumshoe, hit hard, get him executed fast. But he wants a perfect investigation, and he's competing with Franziska on that count. There's no reason not to investigate more deeply when things just aren't adding up.

Good point... Edgeworth does treat the courtroom as a completely different stage, based on the findings of the investigation. And once he has all the evidence in hand, with all contradictions in the investigation cleared up, he has no qualms with getting the defendant declared guilty, perfectly, every time. (Even though that runs off the faulty assumption that the investigation was flawless...)

Based on Edgeworth's conversation with Phoenix in the lobby in 1-2, I just assumed Edgeworth would not be so lenient during the investigation. But that's wrong... the investigation and the courts are two different things, and as you said, Edgeworth does require a good, working relationship with the police force. (I still like the theory that Calisto made him more hardened to criminals than he normally would be, though. Of course, I should probably finish case 5 before saying that too much.)

...NAILED IT

FINE

So, does Tyrell Badd mean "The real bad" ?

Painting by Denerop

Hmm... A really intresting case... I think it served the same purpose as 3-4, and in many aspects was very similar. but was much more enjoyable.
Characters were very well developed, and we get to see for the first time Manfred and Franziska interacting. ("Papa" X3)
I must say my favorite character from this case is a tie between Badd and his pwning mirror, and Kay and her kick-ass boot... Literally. But the award goes for Badd, for his somehow tragic past and the way he coped with it, and his devotion to his job.
This case deserves a special mention for being the second time I cried (actually this time it was only teary eyes) in PW, apart from 3-5, when Kay finds out her dad was gone.

BTW, I thought of Tyrell's pun as "Tyrant", but Auraion's version makes sense too.
Awesome siggy by Auraion

nuuuuu, stoooooop

FerdieLance wrote:

Though it does contradict Edgeworth's behavior by the time we get to 1-2. In that case, I'd like to think that if Edgeworth had investigated for more than five minutes he would have seen something fishy going on. But then, that's after he's had a few years of "perfection," so maybe he got even more win-oriented as time went on. Or began to put too much faith in Gumshoe's police work, oops! :sadshoe:

And thanks Adrian in Black, that's just what I was going for. :keiko:
ImageImage

I haven't gotten completely through case 5, but so far case 4 is above and beyond my favorite in this game.

Although it could've done without the Judge's testimony (which was still awesome, admittedly), the case had good pacing, I thought. Little Kay and Gummy are so cute. :3 And too bad you never got to see Byrne Faraday outside of the court sprite and his dead body, but he was kinda... hot. >//> Anyway, I liked how Bratworth was and little Franny totally endeared to me through the last half of the case. She was really fiercely overcompetitive to the point of being troublesome, but when shreds of her suppressed compassion, willingness to find the truth for its own sake, and friendliness towards Kay started to come to the surface she became so adorable to me.

Bad is cool, of course. I like how even though his speech patterns suggest that he is soft-spoken, he can unnerve the crap out of anyone. XD Calisto Yew is a very interesting character, but her Objection is rather grating. XD However, I didn't find it totally out of character so I started imagining her voice to be like her objection. All low and British and stuff. However, this made her fits of laughter sort of hard to imagine, so by following her objection I might've ruined her character for myself. XD Whoops.

FerdieLance wrote:

I agree with this. And I got the feeling that his disbelief of such a well put-together crime committed by an oaf like Gumshoe also had something to do with it.

FerdieLance wrote:

Oh, I agree. >.< Not to mention they keep putting commas and periods where they do not belong. But hey, they're writing dialogue, not a thesis. XD The script could've benefitted from another once-over though.
My CR family~ Mother: Naturally Lazy//Father: Phoenix_Apollo//Brothers: JadeRoach and Game Over

ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING

This case made me go "GA-BLURGH!?" 2 times.
Spoiler: The first time
CALISTO YEW IS THE YATAGARASU!
Spoiler: The second time
NO SHE'S NOT!
I'm glad that got cleared up in case 5.

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Who else thinks Deid Mann is an amazing character?

Nobody else was dead in quite the same way as he was. Attaboy, Deid. Way to live up to the family name.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Wild BLUETWO appeared!

I agree. Deid Mann, being of the same family lineage that brought us MANN CO., was totally awesome.

Did anyone else feel that some of the character portraits looked a bit off-model (specifically of Deid and Mack, though Faraday might have gotten a bit of it, too)? They reminded me of one of the mid-90s Carmen Sandiego games.
No, I seriously don't have anything else to put here besides a link that gets me rewards when people click on it.
If you like video game music, it might actually be worth your while.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Manny Coachen has the scariest profile picture. He looks older than Gant and he's only 24! That's really messed up...
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

It's been said already, but young Franziska is total cuteness! :larry2:

Conversely, Calisto REALLY got on my nerves! That stupid laugh of hers every time Edgeworth even opens his freaking mouth...ugghhhhh! (And yes, her "Objection" totally sounds like a man's. :nick:)

Just made me feel all the more justified when she turned out to be guilty! :karma:

Totally not my sig...

[Words]

K2J wrote:
I agree. Deid Mann, being of the same family lineage that brought us MANN CO., was totally awesome.

Did anyone else feel that some of the character portraits looked a bit off-model (specifically of Deid and Mack, though Faraday might have gotten a bit of it, too)? They reminded me of one of the mid-90s Carmen Sandiego games.

This. When I saw Byrne Faraday I literally said "What the hell?" I've seen user-made sprites that looked 10 times better.

I like this case best so far, if only for the von Karma interation. When you see Bratworth and Manfred together, it becomes obvious how much Edgeworth imitates him in clothes and mannerisms. And of course, bratty Franziska is entertaining.

I just wish there wasn't another stupid clue about someone being left or right-handed. It was old in Case 3. Can't the writers come up with anything better?

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

Oh, hey, regarding the talk about a Det. Badd smiley, use the face where's he's all bug-eyed with itty-bitty pupils. You could get a lot of use out of a smiley like that.
Billie Jean is not my lover.

Prosecutor

I'm suspect that Tyrell Badd's name is supposed to suggest the Blaxploitation flicks of the seventies without actually being too blatant or offensive; his theme certainly does. The only real reference I can think of for "Tyrell" is the Tyrell Corporation in Blade Runner, and that doesn't seem relevant, unless...

Wait. He survived a lot of bullet wounds. He doesn't show much emotion. He's tough as nails...

Tyrell Badd is a replicant.

I really like this case, but I don't get it in the last testimony:
Spoiler:
Calisto says, that she couldn't be the killer, because she wouldn't know where to get a knife and that there only was a key. Miles argues that the key can be transformed into a knife. Now I don't understand why Calisto admits that she knew that fact? After all her whole defense is based on the assumption, that she wouldn't know it. I also don't get it, how she tries to get away with it. So she says Farady told her about the knife, why does that even matter? Why is it important whether she knew it because of Faraday or because she is Yatagarasu? If she knew about the knife her argument is invalid.
Page 5 of 7 [ 265 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby