Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 4 of 5[ 166 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: Edgeworth and Franziska's relationshipTopic%20Title

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
There was a moment in case 5 when Franziska referred to Edgeworth as "my cute little subordinate." Not saying that proves she harbors romantic feelings for him, I just think it was an interesting choice of words...

I mean, how typical is it for one sibling to call another sibling "cute"?

Yes, if they're being patronizing or trying to annoy their brother/sister. If there was voice acting, I imagine she might say it in a sarcastic tone.

If she called him "sexy" that would be an entirely different story.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

moonfall wrote:
Yes, if they're being patronizing or trying to annoy their brother/sister.

If I recall correctly, that wasn't exactly the mood of the moment in question. (I believe she was talking about how he was going to counter someone's argument/logic.) But whatever, like I said, it's probably nothing, I can see how else it could be taken.

Totally not my sig...

Isn't this series known for intentional fanservice in the form of statements that can be interpreted in multiple ways (like the part where Edgeworth is "not interested" in either women or perfume).

Fabu♥

moonfall wrote:
Isn't this series known for intentional fanservice in the form of statements that can be interpreted in multiple ways (like the part where Edgeworth is "not interested" in either women or perfume).

Wait, where did he say that? I finished Case 4 today, and remember him saying something about not liking the perfume, but women...?
ImageImage

moonfall wrote:
Isn't this series known for intentional fanservice in the form of statements that can be interpreted in multiple ways

I guess so, but I really wasn't trying to make a case. A choice of words just struck me as interesting, that's all. Maybe there's not anything "interesting" about it at all.

Totally not my sig...

LySs wrote:
moonfall wrote:

Wait, where did he say that? I finished Case 4 today, and remember him saying something about not liking the perfume, but women...?

I think it was more vague in Japanese, according to what people have said.

Miles Edgeworth + Franziska von Karma!!

moonfall wrote:
LySs wrote:
moonfall wrote:

I think it was more vague in Japanese, according to what people have said.

I'm gonna be the that eternal Franziska and Edgeworth shipper so I'm in my own little la-la land right now :P NOTHING is really going to convince me they can't be together...unless the writers just come out and say they're not together...but even then...I have a fanfiction story for this dammit!

I take that quote and I think Edgeworth just doesn't like 'unnatural' things. I find he's very old style (come on. It's freaking 2019!) He'd prefer the natural things. Which is why he likes tea over coffee. *shrugs* I dunno...that's my take on it because honestly, I personally don't think he dislikes women. He just knows too many women who are in the extremes (Maya = Extreme Childishness, Franziska = Extreme love of causing physical pain, Oldbag = *shudders* You know what? I'll leave it there shall I??) Hell...if I were him, I think I'd say half the things he says...just not in the AWESOME way he does :P :edgy: :edgy:

LMAO. Just...LMAO

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ladyalyssialassaria
My fanfiction page! :3 That's not the half of them ^_^

Couples I support

Miles + Franziska

They're still perfect siblings for me, especially after AAI. :3 I love how much Franziska was excited about Edgeworth being her subordinate. But as usual it still was Edgey who solved the whole case. x))

Spoiler: Case 4
And this case was one of the best cases ever! Little Franny is so cute with all her childish rivalry toward Miles and her passion to overcome him in everything, even the age. xD But at the same time she seem to be very attached to him, and he treat her just like a little sister. :3 The most funny parts is when they're examining the vending machine and the empty courtroom. I laughed so hard when Edgey promised to eat his cravat if Franziska becomes a prosecutor earlier then him. xD

I actually found it extremely adorable when:

Edgey offered to split a Roll from the vending machine with Franziska when she said she didn't have enough money to buy one, but then said she stated she would rather not have it at all if she had to share with him. XD

I have even more mixed feelings about them as a pairing now after finishing AAI. I think they're starting to steer more toward the sibling relationship for me, but an AWESOME sibling relationship haha.

My interesting in LangxFranziska is starting to overpower it. Hmmm.. what to do~~

Another "awww" moment
Spoiler:
When Franziska talked about becoming a prosecutor, Edgeworth said something about them catching criminals together. They work so well together even if they're fighting the whole time.

I love Miles/Fran and in the game I loved their interactions! I think that Franziska has matured a bit when you compare with
her younger self
. She's still the feisty one, but she has changed.
I think that in the future Miles and her could be partners in solving crimes!

That would be just great!

Spoiler: Case 5
She was a bit too happy with Miles being her subordinate! That was very funny!^^

Indochine Ramera wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5
She was a bit too happy with Miles being her subordinate! That was very funny!^^

"bit too happy" is mildly saying. xD

Indochine Ramera wrote:

You mean something like this??

Source: http://aevitas.deviantart.com/art/Miles ... e-78474229

Normally I don't self-promote but I made that fan art for the "Where are they in 7 years?" contest hosted on this forum to celebrate the release of Apollo Justice. I'm glad to see I wasn't too far off. XD AAI even mentioned the idea of "bringing to justice people who are above the law"... I was like OMG MY PICTURE ACTUALLY COULD HAPPEN! O_O If they decided to follow the Yatagarasu path that is, except they'd be flashier with weapons and elaborate clothing. :edgy:

Aevitas wrote:
Indochine Ramera wrote:

Normally I don't self-promote but I made that fan art for the "Where are they in 7 years?" contest hosted on this forum to celebrate the release of Apollo Justice. I'm glad to see I wasn't too far off. XD AAI even mentioned the idea of "bringing to justice people who are above the law"... I was like OMG MY PICTURE ACTUALLY COULD HAPPEN! O_O If they decided to follow the Yatagarasu path that is, except they'd be flashier with weapons and elaborate clothing. :edgy:

Whenever I see this image the first thing I think is "Edgeworth and Franziska, Castlevania style!" Seriously, she's got the whip, he's got a freaking sword, they've both got awesome clothes going on...what else do you need?

Totally not my sig...

Aevitas wrote:
Indochine Ramera wrote:

Yes when you think about it, it can happen! You know, they were both trained by Manfred von Karma, who was a talented prosecutor (even Edgey admit it in case 3 of AAI, in the firsts sentences with Ernest Amano), Edgey is searching for truth and Franziska, well she's still trying to be perfect in every way, but after case 5, I think she understands better the concept of "truth" and "justice": SO that can happen, that HAVE TO happen.

By the way, I Love your fanart Aevitas! ^^

Narumitsu > All

I think these two are adorable - as brother and sister. The way they bicker constantly is cute, especially with
Spoiler:
13-year-old Franziska
:gant:

No. 1 edgeworth fangirl!!!

I don't know really. They seem kinda cute together because they are both social outcasts and before edgeworth discovered what being a prosecutor really meant, they were both prosecuting just to win. On the other hand they grew up together and are like brother and sister so it would be weird for them to go out. :franny: :edgy:
I think i am in love with miles edgeworth
:phoenix: :maya: :franny: :edgy: :ema: :phoenix: :ka-whip:

The Westermarck Effect is pretty much my personal response to the notion of Franny and Edgeworth gettin' it on romantically.
Whether or not a brother and sister are actually literally related by blood matters considerably less in regards to the possibly of sexual attraction than the effect of simply being raised together as siblings. The Westermarck Effect pretty consistently occurs, even in foster-home or orphanage situations.

I understand why lots of gamers want to pair Franny and Edgey together, because they're both such lovable characters and as mere observers, we can identify them both as sexually attractive, single "dating candidates" without feeling the accompanying "Eww, that's gross" guttural feeling that Franny and Edgeworth would actually feel at the prospect.
In other words, we could look at :franny: and :edgeworth: and say "They're so cute together, and they're not technically related..." But we only see snapshots in time of a few scenes with them: they've experienced the entirety of their childhood together, raised in the same home. They'd find the concept as repulsive as I'd hope we'd find the idea of dating siblings.

Or, to put it one final way: imagine you just found out your sibling was not related to you by blood. No matter how well you got along with him or her, and no matter how attractive she or he might be, I imagine you'd both recoil in disgust at the idea of dating. A third-party observer who barely knows you two may see you interact and say "If they're not related by blood, they should totally date each other." That probably wouldn't change your opinion!

Anyway, this is just my opinion. I have nothing against those who ship Franny and Edgey, you're free to believe in whatever ship you'd like. =)

No. 1 edgeworth fangirl!!!

Totally sweet. :edgeworth: :franny:
I think i am in love with miles edgeworth
:phoenix: :maya: :franny: :edgy: :ema: :phoenix: :ka-whip:

Elimentary!

Perseverance wrote:
The Westermarck Effect is pretty much my personal response to the notion of Franny and Edgeworth gettin' it on romantically.

Whilst that is a very valid point, I don't see Manfred allowing them to be involved with each other as children. I think he'd keep them apart as much as possible and stir up competition between them so they never see each other as siblings but as rivals. So taking into consideration that Manfred probably kept them seperated except for examinations, it would become plausible for them to have an attraction to each other.

That and I'm an avid MilesXFranz shipper so i will always find a way to make it work between them :D!!

Check out my Graphics page :D!

Monsieur butts

Spoiler case 5
Spoiler:
When they are looking at the statue, Von Karma states something to the effect that Edgeworth doesn't know a woman's heart. Not the typical sibling banter.

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

I'm a total :edgy: :franny: shipper.
Spoiler:
The whole vending machine dialogue in AAI Case 4, I thought all of that was cute and the development of a relationship. Orrr maybe not...and those are just my shipper induced dreams/observations. When she calls him her "cute little assistant" I thought that was nice!

Umm, anyways, yeah I like the two of them. This might be a stupid post all together...
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."

Objection Goddess

I have to admit, I am really big on MilesXFranziska. They both know each other well, and they show sides to each other that no one else sees. And it's been shown they do care about each other, despite the rivalry. Is it beyond sibling feelings? That we can only conclude ourselves for now. But after playing AAI my liking of the pairing really got strengthened.

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

Nah they weren't lovers. They were just colleagues. Yeah, they grew up together and Franziska's father Manfred mentored them both to become prosecutors. Franziska often calls Edgeworth her little brother.
I'm a shipper for them so of course I would love if they were something more...but that's just me :P
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."

You've been hit by, a smooth prosecutor

A friend just pointed out this cute young Fran/Edgey comic to me:
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... &id=541579

Don't remember seeing it posted here even though it was made in 2009.

Culinarily suggestible

^^ That is completely adorable.

I'm not a fan of using "ship" as a verb with meanings not pertaining to conveyance of goods across distance, but I could kind of see Edgeworth and Franziska together... some years into the future. Maybe by the time of AJ. That is, with a decade separating them from their shared upbringing and von Karma's toxic relationships with each, and with years of being trusted colleagues -- as they are in AAI. I don't know much yet about GK2, but AAI suggests that Franziska's career is going in a different direction, with her work with Interpol, so they wouldn't be competing so much any more, and in both it and in AA case 3-5 I got the feeling that Edgeworth trusted and respected her competence, even if he felt she hadn't yet fully grasped what being an attorney should mean. I think that as more time passes and she continues to mature a) she would eventually have a similar epiphany to Edgeworth's and Phoenix's and b) she would come to terms with her background and grow past it, perhaps seeing the goal of perfection as finding the perfect truth, not being on the winning side. Once she grows out of the shadow of her father, as she has already begun to do, and lets go of her competitiveness with Edgeworth, she'll realize that he has always been supportive of her and that trusting others is a mark of strength rather than weakness. At that point I could see them having a true, mature relationship -- fraternal OR romantic (though it's pretty hard to type that last word and think of Edgeworth at all, honestly, given how devoted he is to his work and little else). Still, if he ever came to want a relationship with a romantic dimension, I can't really see anyone besides Franziska understanding what makes him tick enough for such a relationship to survive. (Yeah, yeah, blah blah Phoenix if you swing that way... I don't. Besides which, I'm thinking more of the years with von Karma, which no one but Franziska would truly understand.)

But during the in-game time we see them? Siblings growing to be colleagues and friends. And ad hoc partners.

Come to think of that, although I've only played AAI once (and the others twice), I did note that she actually calls him Miles in at least the last case, rather than by his full name. Loosening up? Or did she just use his full name all the time in the AA games because she was calling Phoenix by his and kept the habit?

Former anti-shipper

Me? I prefer to go against pretty much any pairing in existence. This is no exception.

When it all comes down to it, there is no real evidence to prove such a thing would ever occur. Couple o' hints, sure. But they did that with Phoenix and Maya too, but that doesn't mean they're in love.

I am willing to believe that Edgeworth feels no hatred towards Franziska, and Franziska probably doesn't hate Miles as much as she shows through her hostility towards him, but they will never be together. Ever.
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the amazing signature.

I am SomariFeyWright, the freaky and happy shipper-hating son of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5, and brother of bethanyann96, Game Over, and >Mario.<

Beautiful flower

I'm pretty sure deep down they respect and care for each other.

Edgeworth shows it with his snarkiness, while Franziska shows it with her whippings. :franny:
I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

Narumitsu > All

Personally, I haven't been able to imagine them as anything but siblings. I keep forgetting that they aren't related, actually... especially after the flashback case in AAI. :3 Franziska made the perfect annoying little sister~ xD

Mystery Buster

They just have an old fashion upper class style sibling relationship. Besides everyone knows Franziska is doing it with Adr- *SHOT*
:gumshoe:
Just Gumshoe

They care about each other and she loves her little brother. Personally, I believe Franzy would never do something unless she had a reason to do it. She was Manfred Von Karma's daughter she had to live up to those expectations. But I think the one thing that was driving her the most to succeed. was her "Little Brother" Miles.

Foolish Fool

It's difficult to picture Franny actually caring about someone....with that said, it seems as if she acknowledges Edgey as a brother. Nothing more, nothing less.

currently stuck in P3 pitfall

Lady Alyssia wrote:
I'm a Edgeworth/Franziska shipper (the amount of fanfics my mind churns up about them drives me crazy!) but I have the exact same dilemma - I don't know WHY I ship them together but as said before, they just work.

I think the moment that I really obsessively started to ship them is after the end of JFA when they were at the airport. It just showed how they're so vulnerable they were/are but no one other than each other will probably ever see it. They're two social outcasts and they just fit together in a way that's so weird, it works.

As for the incest/brother-sister relationship, I have no qualms about it because I can imagine Edgeworth being all brotherly and kind (not in front of Manfred. HELL NO) towards Franziska. And even if she throws a fit and hates him, they'll always be really close because they're going through the same things together. I always link it back to my own relationship with my brother. Yes, we throw MASSIVE fights and we pick on each other for the TINIEST things but, at the end of the day, he's always going to be there for me and I can see Miles doing that with Franziska (only on a slightly larger, very twisted level...O.O)

Plus, I just can't see Miles with anyone else. AND I'M A STRAIGHT GIRL! (*shock horror*). His strongest relationship, based on who he seems the most fixated about caring for, is Franziska. I just honestly think their relationship with anyone else needs a hell of a lot of fan made interpretations as opposed to them being together.

BTW. What's wrong with Klema??

You just described my feels for EdgeFran :acro:
uhh... still waiting for a new sig to be made...

The Fire Emblem lord

randomly_ren09 wrote:
Lady Alyssia wrote:
I'm a Edgeworth/Franziska shipper (the amount of fanfics my mind churns up about them drives me crazy!) but I have the exact same dilemma - I don't know WHY I ship them together but as said before, they just work.

I think the moment that I really obsessively started to ship them is after the end of JFA when they were at the airport. It just showed how they're so vulnerable they were/are but no one other than each other will probably ever see it. They're two social outcasts and they just fit together in a way that's so weird, it works.

As for the incest/brother-sister relationship, I have no qualms about it because I can imagine Edgeworth being all brotherly and kind (not in front of Manfred. HELL NO) towards Franziska. And even if she throws a fit and hates him, they'll always be really close because they're going through the same things together. I always link it back to my own relationship with my brother. Yes, we throw MASSIVE fights and we pick on each other for the TINIEST things but, at the end of the day, he's always going to be there for me and I can see Miles doing that with Franziska (only on a slightly larger, very twisted level...O.O)

Plus, I just can't see Miles with anyone else. AND I'M A STRAIGHT GIRL! (*shock horror*). His strongest relationship, based on who he seems the most fixated about caring for, is Franziska. I just honestly think their relationship with anyone else needs a hell of a lot of fan made interpretations as opposed to them being together.

BTW. What's wrong with Klema??

You just described my feels for EdgeFran :acro:

Posting on a five year old thread? Really?...........
Oh wait, I just did :yogi:

Ruining my life, one Meme at a time.

Y'know

Last post here was 2 years old, so it's not all that bad.

The video game boy; the one who wins

So what as long as you have something relevant to say?
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

The Fire Emblem lord

If you ask me, if there's anyone you should ship Franzy with, it's Phoenix.
Why?
Spoiler:
The third piece of evidence at the end of JFA

Edgeworth and franzy have always been,in my eyes, brother and sister.

Ruining my life, one Meme at a time.

I think their relationship it's quite "simple" after all. I don't remember very well all the AA because I played them a lot of time ago, but I'm actually playing and seeing them interacting in the AAI2.
I think they were like "brothers" or maybe "cousins" like because Von Karma "adopted" Miles, so they were able to spent a lot of time together and grow up close to each other. Plus, Franziska feels Miles as a "rival".
So they know each other very well, but in my opinion they do not share the same "special" feeling of friendship or watherver you like, at least not with the same depth that there is between Miles and Phoenix or Kay. So I have never shipped them.

Red string of fate tied me to manilla

I really can't stomach shipping Miles and Franny. Not at all. They are definitely like siblings and rivals to me.

Definitely lovers, they have a love and hate relatonship. Without spoiling much, go back and play the games and read between the lines its all there.
”My bars passed the bar exam, no law school”
Lil Wayne 2013
Page 4 of 5 [ 166 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby