Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 6 of 7[ 265 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Case 4 Discussion Thread - (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Aspiring to Inspire

justis76 wrote:
When I saw Byrne Faraday I literally said "What the hell?" I've seen user-made sprites that looked 10 times better.

I know. I expected Kay's dad to look a bit more... respectable...
shadowofedgeworth wrote:
(And yes, her "Objection" totally sounds like a man's. :nick:)

When I first heard it, I was like, "Who said that?! Wha--?! It was Yew?!" (pun wholly intended) To be honest, she reminded me of the 35 Mia Fey's in the objection generator...
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage

BEST CASE EVER! *__* Well, maybe not the best of all series, but awesome and funny as hell. x)
13 y.o. bratty Franny is so freaking adorable! ♥♥♥ And the moments when little Kay kicking Edgeys ass and blowing her nose in his cravat is priceless! x'DD

And when I see Edgeworth and Manfred together in their almost identical outfits.. I wonder why the hell I'm thinking about peacocks? /shots

Personally, I found it absolutely hilarious whenever von Karma/Edgeworth were on screen at the same time doing one of their near-identical poses. It looked like some sort of insane time paradox, especially taking the clothing into account.

^ Haha, exactly. x)

And Edgey's cravat is bigger than Manny's, oh yeah... x)

I choose you!

die another day wrote:
does anyone else think this guy should replace gumshoe? Image

No way. Badd could never replace Our good old 'Gummy' after all, the Fourth case was a flash back from seven years ago and he had his own job as a detective. Gumshoe would refuse to leave Edgeworth anyway ;D

shadowofedgeworth wrote:
Conversely, Calisto REALLY got on my nerves! That stupid laugh of hers every time Edgeworth even opens his freaking mouth...ugghhhhh! (And yes, her "Objection" totally sounds like a man's. :nick:)

I agree, She kept laughing at his 'seriousness' and her objection was totally messed up in that case. HEEEESHEEE.

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
justis76 wrote:
When I saw Byrne Faraday I literally said "What the hell?" I've seen user-made sprites that looked 10 times better.

I know. I expected Kay's dad to look a bit more... respectable...

In my opinion,
Bryne Faraday's sprite sucked. His head is half the size of his fist for crying out loud.

Ugh, I hate Faraday's stupid ponytail.

Zoinks

Unholy hell, I was smart enough to figure out the culprit before they were revealed but I still didn't expect events to unfold the way they did. That was a great ending to my favourite AAI case so far.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

I choose you!

moonfall wrote:
Ugh, I hate Faraday's stupid ponytail.

I know Lol, It made the sprite look even WORSE.

Ice wrote:
I agree, She kept laughing at his 'seriousness' and her objection was totally messed up in that case. HEEEESHEEE.

I'd usually found it funny that someone laughs at Edgeworth's seriousness, but for some reason she pissed me off too. xX
And her "objection" sounds like someone recorded it at home with a cheap mic. x)

I choose you!

Satoshi wrote:
Ice wrote:

I'd usually found it funny that someone laughs at Edgeworth's seriousness, but for some reason she pissed me off too. xX
And her "objection" sounds like someone recorded it at home with a cheap mic. x)

Prftttt yeah, or someone that just came back from the dentist.

Ice wrote:
Prftttt yeah, or someone that just came back from the dentist.

We can't be sure, maybe she really visited a dentist before coming to the court. oO

Wild BLUETWO appeared!

I thought her Objection clip sounded fine, if a bit nasal / with an accent I didn't expect.

As for Faraday's sprite, I didn't mind him in the opening, just in the Organizer, where he looked like he was halfway stoned. Though I did mistake him for a woman on the zoomed-out shots.
No, I seriously don't have anything else to put here besides a link that gets me rewards when people click on it.
If you like video game music, it might actually be worth your while.

They took some honey, from a tree...

Bratworth: YES. More frilly, more Von Karma-ey.

Manfred: HELL YES. Nice to see some Von Karma family interaction. I wish you could cross-examine/rebut him though...not sure what context, but...eh.

Judge: NOT GUILTY. Cross-examining him, looking at his bench...ho hoo. Needed to bang his gavel more!

Lil' Fran: PFFFFF SO CUTE! I pretty much had to shut the DS due to her cuteness.

Calisto: Stop laughing, dammit! Although it is great when your theme plays when you laugh...but at LEAST be slightly intimidated by his ruffly glory! Also, SHE'S GOT A SHOOTER.

Faraday: Beh, fairly throwaway character; like Mack Rell. I didn't have that much sympathy for him.

Young Kay: Sorry kid, but Lil' Fran is cuter than you are. Nice way of introduction of her, though.

Badd: Bad. Ass. First time through I thought he spoke a bit too slowly, but when you replay it, you can help speed the ol' guy up.

Gumshoe: What can I say? Gummy never fails to amuse and tug at your heart strings. This game still needed a "Deduct Gumshoe's Pay" or "Raise Gumshoe's Pay" choice, like the "Guilty" "Not Guilty" plea in 2-4.

Anything else? "Absolutely no presence at all!"- Lil' Fran on Winston Payne's Hot dog slogan...I thought it was pretty good, actually!

FINE

Well, I just finished this case last night...
What should I say about...
I never ever had a favorite case, I had "favorite moments" like on Bridge to the turnabout, where Fran is your assistant, and Phoenix thinks she's cute.
Well, that "favorite moment" turned into a case, "Turnabout Reminiscence" YES YES!!! It's my favorite case EVER!.
It had all that my "fav moment" had.
*Franny as assistant
*Main character thinking that she's cute ... Almost

Even though I was kinda disappointed, because I saw some spoilers (accidentally) and I knew who did it, but It was an enjoyable case, jokes about Fran's height, when she gets mad she's sooo cute.

About the case itself, yeah was cool.

Auraion wrote:
Well, I just finished this case last night...
What should I say about...
I never ever had a favorite case, I had "favorite moments" like on Bridge to the turnabout, where Fran is your assistant, and Phoenix thinks she's cute.
Well, that "favorite moment" turned into a case, "Turnabout Reminiscence" YES YES!!! It's my favorite case EVER!.
It had all that my "fav moment" had.
*Franny as assistant
*Main character thinking that she's cute ... Almost

Even though I was kinda disappointed, because I saw some spoilers (accidentally) and I knew who did it, but It was an enjoyable case, jokes about Fran's height, when she gets mad she's sooo cute.

About the case itself, yeah was cool.

YES! YES!! Second that! :33

I'm only halfway through this case but OMG I LOVE IT!!!

The way Edgey is with little Franny is adorable and when he gives Kay his cravat I was just like "awwwww <3"

The dialogue at the vending machine was all hilarious, especially when Edgey wanted to pool their money together to buy something but she didn't want to share anything with him XD!

OH and all the stuff about her being short lmfao

Did anyone else well up when Kay said that she knew her dad was dead? A tear actually rolled down my cheek XD
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Idol of Polar Bears

.:looby:. wrote:
Did anyone else well up when Kay said that she knew her dad was dead? A tear actually rolled down my cheek XD

One of the many, many highlights of the case. It actually establishes a connection between her and Edgeworth; they've both lost role models whom they not only looked up to but revered with the highest regard, so they have at least one definite common bond. I was touched.

Mr. Bear Jew wrote:
One of the many, many highlights of the case. It actually establishes a connection between her and Edgeworth; they've both lost role models whom they not only looked up to but revered with the highest regard, so they have at least one definite common bond. I was touched.

That's probably why he cares about Kay so much, that she even compares him to her father.

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

Was I the only one that wanted Gumshoe to adopt Kay? That was possibly the best part of the case for. I loved the scene where he is sharing the swizz roll on the bench with Kay.
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

Satoshi wrote:

And Edgey's cravat is bigger than Manny's, oh yeah... x)

It actually isn't. Edgeworth's is poofier because Manfred pins his down with a brooch.

I LOVE this case. Franziska and Bratworth's interactions are both hilarious and cute, little Kay is like an even younger Franziska (I think that's why they get along), and dammit, I'm craving Swiss rolls.

Did anyone else think Edgeworth isn't being quite Bratworth-y the way he was in T&T? I'm seeing a little too much of "find the truth" new!Edgeworth, but it's also possible von Karma didn't corrupt him fully. It's also funny that before the game came out, I was wondering whethere Gumshoe's devotion to Edgeworth came from him saving Gumshoe's life in the past. I was close.

I think the artists should have made height differences a little more noticeable. If Franziska is so short, why is she drawn as being almost as tall as Edgeworth? Heck, she's even almost as tall as GUMSHOE.

Speaking of her height, her sensitivity about it makes her kind of endearing to me. I've always been short, and I was very sensitive about it at her age. (I'm still short; I just don't care anymore). Imagine if Edgeworth had called her flat-chested.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

moonfall wrote:
Imagine if Edgeworth had called her flat-chested.

Good thing she wasn't.

Girls her age are often quite sensitive about that...if he had called her that, we might have had a dead Edgeworth to deal with.

The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*

Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

It matters not with me...I thought that little Franny was just SOOO ADORABLE!!

I just wanted to pinch those cheeks she's so kawaii!!

....then I remembered she had a riding crop and kept my distance.

moonfall wrote:
Girls her age are often quite sensitive about that...if he had called her that, we might have had a dead Edgeworth to deal with.

And Manfred von Karma would prosecute his own daughter for the murder,LoL. :edgeworth: :franny: :karma-scream:

Am I the only one who thought young Franziska looked kind of like a teacher?
The way she held her whip...thing sometimes, I imagined a blackboard behind her XD Particularly this one: http://www.court-records.net/animationg ... y-normal(d).gif

Anyway, this one was definitely one of my favorite cases. LOVED young Franziska and oh my god, little Kay. I just about died when she

Spoiler: not plot related but awesome and funny?
sneezed into Edgeworth's cravat :P

And I thought the promise book thing was adorable. And the showdown at the end...it was really good :3
Phoenix/Maya Day: Sept. 5th. ♥
Phoenix/Iris Day: September 12th. ♥

FINE

Ben Credable (PI) wrote:
It matters not with me...I thought that little Franny was just SOOO ADORABLE!!

I just wanted to pinch those cheeks she's so kawaii!!

....then I remembered she had a riding crop and kept my distance.

Don''t do that, she'll sue you.
Yaragorm wrote:
moonfall wrote:
Imagine if Edgeworth had called her flat-chested.

Good thing she wasn't.

I'd love to see that happening. :hobolaugh:

Surf's Up!

First of all, I have to say that I really dislike Yew. Not only is her constant laughing annoying, her objection was awful (and I thought that Mia's one sounded bad).

Anyway, I liked having a young Franziska accompany Edgeworth, even if she starts off being a pain in the neck (although I was kinda hoping for Manfred himself, to be honest).

As for the rest of the cast, I wasn't keen on Badd at first (and actually figured him for the murderer), but I warmed to him near the end. I don't really have much to say about Kay to be honest, as she didn't feature much, which was a shame (her kicking Edgeworth was hilarious though). Also is was nice to see the Judge playing an active role for once.

I think this is my favorite case in the game.

Mostly beacuse it introduces the two best new characters (imo) in one only episode and I love flashback cases.

Do you smell what the Jacques is cookin?

NinjaMonkey wrote:
First of all, I have to say that I really dislike Yew. Not only is her constant laughing annoying, her objection was awful (and I thought that Mia's one sounded bad).

I'm with you there. I wanted Edgeworth to backhand her. She was so annoying to me. The laughing was an okay character trait at first but it just never stopped. If their goal was to get you to just hate her and have her get on your nerves, mission accomplished. (Sorry to offend any fans of her, but I'm just tellin' you my feelings.)

As for Badd, other than having the dumbest name ever (well, besides Deid Mann and Mack Rell), he was a pretty cool guy and I liked him.

I was quite taken with young Franziska, I just found her personally adorable.

Hello, Adrian.

This case was great. First of all, I loved Von Karma banging and waving his cane around. Reminded me of Scrooge McDuck.
The teasing between Bratworth and young!Franny was adorable. They really felt like siblings.

Also, I ROFL'ed more than a tickled Calisto when Kay used Bratworth's cravat as a tissue.
Mostly a lurker now. I used to be active once upon a time.
Thank you PandaPrinzessin for the sig and avy, I love them!

Croik wrote:
Adrian in black wrote:
I found Bratworth to be a little too... lenient... as far as finding out who the criminal was. I thought for sure he would be "GUILTY GUMSHOE GUILTY" with very little flexibility on his opinion. In AA 1-4, we were told that Edgeworth's hatred of criminals began when Yanni Yogi was acquitted of killing Gregory Edgeworth... suddenly he's calmly objective about Gummy?

I felt the same way. I chalk it up to the same "people love Edgeworth so we don't want to portray him negatively ever" tactics the writers employed in 1-5. Plus it would be hard to have a case at all as Bratworth in true Bratworth form, since as far as we know he wasn't the kind of prosecutor that really dug deep to get to the bottom of a case.

Me too, though I can explain it away by the fact that one) we never got Bratworth's POV before -- if nerves were making him more of a little jackass than he actually was, that would explain 3-4, and by 1-2 it's confidence and the SL-9 aftermath -- when he's had years of suspicion to make him jaded. Or the fact that he's clearly shaken by a murder in the courthouse in AAI-4. But these are all explanations to try to link everything up without just saying "writers are less obsessive than fans".

And I can forgive it a lot for how awesome it was in general.

I love how Gummy is with Bratworth and Bratkarma (?I dunno) in this. No real respect XD
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

I just want to hug little Kay and Franziska and tell them things will get better (and that being short is nothing to be ashamed of).

moonfall wrote:
I just want to hug little Kay and Franziska and tell them things will get better (and that being short is nothing to be ashamed of).

aww, me too.~

I can sympathize with Franziska. This case makes me remember how much I hated being 13.

On a completely different subject, what is wrong with that vending machine? $6 for two Swiss rolls? The real-world price is generally about 50 cents. Oh, and the puns are terrible. I like how Payne had the winning hot dog joke. Maybe all the other ones were inappropriate for a machine kids would be using.

Idol of Polar Bears

I can't remember how many times I found myself wanting to punch Yew in the mouth.

Mipeltaja = the real badass

Location: That one place. No, not that place, the other place.

.:looby:. wrote:
I love how Gummy is with Bratworth and Bratkarma (?I dunno) in this. No real respect XD

Let's go with Kid Karma
Billie Jean is not my lover.

"Bratziska" has a certain ring to it, like "Bratzilla."

I LOVE THIS CASE.

I just love Young Edgey and Franziska and their dynamic together. I thought this was a lot better than case 2 and 3 too.

moonfall wrote:
On a completely different subject, what is wrong with that vending machine? $6 for two Swiss rolls? The real-world price is generally about 50 cents.

It seems realistic [and a slight joke]. Super-overpriced vending machines exist in many places. I mean, a courthouse is swarming with LAWYERS, who are often super-rich. And it had to be more than Gumshoe's annual bonus...

Well yeah, they probably toned Bratworth down a little from GS1-era canon though... they can't make him a jerk when he's the hero...
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

They took some honey, from a tree...

Hmm. "Bratziska" sounds fitting. How's about Kidziska? Frankidza?
Page 6 of 7 [ 265 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby