Board index » General » Court Docket

Page 20 of 22[ 841 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Re: Official Court Records ThreadTopic%20Title

PL vs PW <33

seems all the images on Matt Engarde's GIF page are broken: http://www.court-records.net/animation/aa-matt.htm
Phoenix: "You know my strategy. Speak first, think later!"
devART:.:My wallpapers:.:My comics/fanart:.:Sprite edits:.:Objection font

Call me Ishmael.

I have an idea, how about we have a Ghost Trick section like we do with Hotel Dusk? It is the spiritual successor to Ace Attorney after all.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I have given it some thought, but it might depend on how busy we are at the time of the game's release. Of course we want to support Takumi but if we start making sections for all sorts of DS adventure games updating's going to become a pain XD;
ImageImage

lying is bad

Anyone ever consider the "fame" or "defamation" option? Let users rate other users...one rate on one user by that user per day. Kind of like the Maplestory system. XD. I'm such a nerd.

I also realize that I'd be one of the first to plummet, but...still :D

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Mm, repeating what Croik is saying, the tricky part is setting precedent for adding more games under the Court-Records.net wing. What A?! and Hotel Dusk were a very special case. Very special. The game was wildly, and still is, amazingly different from everything else on the market. And in a nutshell that was why we decided to do a Hotel Dusk theme a few years ago on April 1st, and WHAT A?! was born. It was amazing, it was different, it had a great plot, great puzzles, great characters. We also had an attitude that if I remember went something like "It's our website, who says we have to be Phoenix Wright the whole time?". It was something special that set us apart from other fan sites.

Now, with regards to adding Ghost Trick. While it is being directed by Takumi, and so has a lot going for it in terms of humor and plot; we honestly don't know a whole lot about it, at least in terms of hands on. Hotel Dusk was released In February, if memory serves, but we didn't start making WHAT A!? until maybe March (And obviously didn't go live until the start of April). That's a good month after we've had time to play with it. So making a fansite sub-section in time for launch is just not feasible for us. Or rather, making a 'good' fansite subsection isn't feasible for us in that amount of time.

On the other hand, Capcom USA is kinda approachable, we might be able to request a review copy, which might cut down on the time it takes to make a subsection. But even ignoring the fact that we could easily be denied for not being press in the traditional sense; that's likely just one review copy. So the other half of our duo remains in the dark on the feel of the game.

For the record, if Croik said she wanted to do it, I'd throw my chips in in a heart beat. But not knowing enough about a game makes creating stuff for it difficult. I mean, just look at the forum's current "Again" banner. I made that without having had played the game, only saw a few screenshots, and using rips from the Japanese website. It's not bad as a montage, but now that I've completed Again, there are so many things I want to change. The game's a lot darker, I now know who all those faces are in the unlabeled polaroid set on the random rotation. And the connection between the game's theme of past and present is a lot clearer to me. There's a lot of cool stuff in it. But Croik knew even less then I when we were working on our post Gourzilla banners (And that's not saying much to begin with), so she opted to do a more generic GS4 type banner (Come on Capcom give us our Apollo Justice!).

So yeah, I'm not sure I want to do something rogue like that again. (Hehe, 'Again').

But in summery, Hotel Dusk was sitting on a whole ton of convenient coincidences that gave birth to WHAT A!?, Ghost Trick lacks all of those as we're actually covering it prior to its release in Trial Minutes. So if we were to make Ghost Trick a subsection, we couldn't have the same special element of surprise.

But yes, while we may make a Ghost Trick (no promises on that), don't expect a Trauma Center, Monkey Island, Professor Layton, or Trace Memory subsection. But of course we reserve the right to arbitrarily change our minds.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Deputy of Self-Esteem

VHTaffy wrote:
Anyone ever consider the "fame" or "defamation" option? Let users rate other users...one rate on one user by that user per day. Kind of like the Maplestory system. XD. I'm such a nerd.

Absolutely not. Dealing with people and post counts are bad enough. Never mind a system that can directly lead to hurt feelings or unnecessarily bolstered egos. And let's not even touch on the "I'll give you a +1 if you'll give me a +1" facet.

On the other hand, I'm not inherently opposed to applying that sort of system to individual posts. That would actually serve a function to weed out great posts from mediocre. Plus it's not 'sticky' like your original suggestion.

But in either case, it's not high on my list. What is high is fixing the RSS feed.

Wooster wrote:
But yes, while we may make a Ghost Trick (no promises on that), don't expect a Trauma Center, Monkey Island, Professor Layton, or Trace Memory subsection. But of course we reserve the right to arbitrarily change our minds.

Personally, I don't fancy much a GT subforum (probably because I haven't played the game yet?). Though, I think it would have made more sense to transform What A! into a Cing subforum (which it is actually, we've been talking a lot about Again and Another Code: R there, for the past few weeks... more than HD, though I don't doubt a single second it will change dramatically once we hear about Last Window's fate in the US/EU.), but since Cing probably won't make another game anymore (oh, how I wish to be wrong...), even if you agreed, don't think it would make much sense (and I admit, things are fine as they are right now).

As for the "fame" or "defamation" option, I'm quite opposed to it.
Maybe because anybody could 'defame' someone, just because they don't like a certain user, or because user A told he hated Maya x Phoenix (seriously, who can support this rubbish?!... j/k :p), user B will 'defame' user A, because user B has a different opinion than their own, so OH MY GOD, user B has to punish user A for being so foolish.

Seriously, such a system would only lead, as Wooster rightly said, to "hurt feelings or unnecessarily bolstered egos", but would also, IMO, contribute to degrading the forum's ambience with such a triffle matter.

Though, I admit, a system where only 'good posts' were rewarded (such as the 'rep' system, on Steam Forums) may work, but frankly, I don't believe any such system would add anything to the forum, and definitely won't make it a better place. Trolls will keep on trolling, new users who can't search something before asking a question (in the wrong forum, and already answered) will keep on asking such questions without searching (and still in the wrong forum, and already answered questions too), etc...

I do believe the forum, as it is right now, is perfectly fine. The users may not be (I don't know, I, personally, never had any problem with any user here, and I've always found the ambiance quite good, actually), but you won't be able to fix it with any kind of rep or fame system.

ps: yeah, I used both spellings of the word 'ambiance' in the same post :hotti:
ImageImageImage

Wooster wrote:
VHTaffy wrote:

Absolutely not.

Thank fuck.

Wooster wrote:
On the other hand, I'm not inherently opposed to applying that sort of system to individual posts. That would actually serve a function to weed out great posts from mediocre. Plus it's not 'sticky' like your original suggestion.

Do you mean like what they have an youtube? Like a thumb up thumb down sort of thing? Because "directly lead to hurt feelings or unnecessarily bolstered egos" could also be applied here. No offense but I think voting posts and users is a stupid idea, someone could get all their posts down voted purely because they're not that popular :yogi:
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage

Hello, Adrian.

There is a system on another forum I know which is basically having reputation.
If someone makes a good post, you can add to that members reputation. Doing so, yoyu can see which member ppl thinks posts are good.

EDIT: Or maybe this is just the same as the fame system, aside from that you rep individual posts? :yuusaku:
Mostly a lurker now. I used to be active once upon a time.
Thank you PandaPrinzessin for the sig and avy, I love them!

Yeah, I know what you mean. That's the 'rep' system I was talking about, used on Steam Forums.

Quote:
Do you mean like what they have an youtube? Like a thumb up thumb down sort of thing?

Urgh... maybe because YT's comments are abysmally stupid most of the time, but I really hope such a system will never come to this forum... and looby already explained it would be no different than the 'fame' system.
ImageImageImage

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Actually, more like on Joystiq then youtube, but the concept is exactly the same. Anyways, that was just an itch on the back of my head. Something I've been considering for a while, but never serious about sitting down and implementing. But since people are, justifiably, against it, I guess I'll can that idea.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Ha, you're all a bunch of sissies afraid of being rated extremely low, I on the other hand would welcome such a change! Mainly because I'm SURE nobody considers my posts low quality! I say you go for it, Wooster!
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Shake it up, baby, now, TWIST AND SHOUT!

Yaragorm wrote:
Ha, you're all a bunch of sissies afraid of being rated extremely low, I on the other hand would welcome such a change! Mainly because I'm SURE nobody considers my posts low quality! I say you go for it, Wooster!

That's the funniest post you've ever made. *1 stars*

Custom Title in Production

Hey, I have a question about Court Records.

The picture that is found on the frontpage of the site with the whole cast of Apollo Justice in it. Can that be found anywhere? I looked in the wallpaper section, but it's not there.

I'm just wondering where I can find that picture without the headings (if it exists).

Ace Fangirl

Ok, I am not entirely sure I'm posting in the right thread, but the last time I checked, the FAQ didn't have how to put pictures into your posts. I myself had to work out how to do this when I first joined, and I've had to tell people how to post pictures on more than one occasion. I'm not complaining - I'm happy to answer questions that people new to the site have, it's just that it would stop people going off topic in some threads if it was written in the FAQ. But, like I said, it wasn't there the last time I checked, but if it's been added since, disregard this post.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Per Apollo Justice Group Photo:
That's the cover art to the Japanese version of the Art of Gyakuten Saiban, I'd check out the AJ section of the Official Art.

Per Images in posts:
You need the url for the image, and then you put it between [img]and[/img] no spaces.

Gettin' Old!

Yaragorm wrote:

Is that supposed to be self-deprecating humour?
It's not funny if your self esteem is ACTUALLY that low Yaragorm.

Thumbs down.

Still I do think this system is pointless and unnecessary. The egos....oh god the egos that may arise if it existed.

Also Wooster is it not possible to put an image in STRAIGHT from your own computer?
It just seems a hassle transferring an image to photobucket before I can use it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

It may be a hassle, but it's a hassle we're not deviating from for the foreseeable future. The host the forums are on are a loaner. So I'd rather not use up hanzi's drive space where possible. And the main site already has connection issues.

Gettin' Old!

Fair enough if it's gonna cause a problem
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:

And I'm sure that's helping it.
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Gettin' Old!

Catgrenade wrote:
Pierre wrote:

And I'm sure that's helping it.

He used to have my respect

/offtopic
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"I'm End Quote." end quote.

Some spoiler tags on this page are wrong: http://www.court-records.net/chara3-4.htm#onamida
The 1-4 should be 3-4 or 3-5 I think
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Fix'd
Literacy! Yay!Topic%20Title

[/failure]

Could we have a literary board? Like, in the Non Phoenix Wright section? I mean, we have a board for video games, a board for movies and such, a board for anime, and a board for music, but no book board? :yuusaku: Because, you know, people like books and stuff...
[rant]

[/rant]

I'd say

We burn books around here.

No, wait.
That's actually a pretty great idea.

Spoiler: Then again...

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

As Ceres implied with his post, my only worry would be the Twilight hate and/or Harry Potter-Twilight wars that could ensue. Of which... I would be tempted to take part of.

Seriously though, a lot of people would love a book subforum. I say go with it, but it's not up to me.

The Real Human Being

A new literary board?
This idea is so great,
It's one for the books.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

[/failure]

Cool, I feel nice and awesome now. (Ignoring the two times I tried to create a thread and they got locked... doo doo doo...) Also, this is something small, but I've noticed if you quote someone, and what they say begins with an emoticon, then you have to... add a space. It's terrible, eh?
[rant]

[/rant]

Call the sub-forum something imaginitive like "Book section".

16BitsQuaRed wrote:
It's terrible, eh?

No?

That would be awesome, then we don't have to talk about it in just one topic
ImageImage

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

.:looby:. wrote:
Call the sub-forum something imaginitive like "Book section".

Genius.

But if for whatever reason you guys want to go with AA-related... there's a lot of available location names, but none of them sound book-ish. There's (inhale) Gatewater Hotel, Bluecorp, KB Security, Trés Bien, Vitamin Square, Tender Lender, Blue Screens Inc., Meraktis Clinic, People Park, Sunshine Coliseum, Hickfield Clinic, Drew Studio, iFly Airlines, Gatewater Land.
Drew Studio isn't that bad, I guess.

Or just "Courtroom Library".

Do you see the black one...or the white?

If we're going PW related, why not something simple like Court Side Literature or something like that?
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

How about Evidence Room, like the one from 1-5? :3 I think a books subforum would be a brilliant idea <3 I assume we could also talk about manga in it?
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

Drew Studio sounds more like a (fan)art board...

Edgeys Bookshelf :D

Or how's the place called where they keep the court records (I think it's where Dahlia and Phoenix met)
ImageImage

PandaPrinzessin wrote:
How about Evidence Room, like the one from 1-5? :3

There's already an "evidence" section. People use it for graphics and stuff.

End Quote wrote:
Drew Studio sounds more like a (fan)art board...

It was a really open-minded choice, considering the music subforum is called Borscht Bowl Club.

End Quote wrote:
Or how's the place called where they keep the court records (I think it's where Dahlia and Phoenix met)

That's what I was saying when I said "Courtroom Library". It sounds horrible, but it's still related.

@Panda: "Evidence Room" doesn't sound bad at all, but it's too similar to the "Present Evidence" section. And manga are a kind of visual novels, so they'd be included, yeah.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Changed my mind. Idea was stupid.

Court Side Lounge sounds better in my head. When I think of lounging, I think of reading a good book and it sounds a heck of a lot better than Waiting Room or Courtroom in my opinion.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Is there REALLY enough interest to warrant it? If you really want to discuss specific books you can do it in Wright & Co. And are we talking book books or manga?
ImageImage

Well, if the video/television and music media have their own boards, why should the literature medium have one?
And maybe literature with a manga suboard?

btw, I think the link to the 2nd page of the GK2 article on the news page doesn't work
ImageImage

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I don't like adding extra boards just because a couple people ask for one. There has to be real interest to warrant it.
ImageImage
Page 20 of 22 [ 841 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Board index » General » Court Docket