Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club

Page 1 of 1[ 25 posts ]

Songs that have an Impact on you.Topic%20Title

smile

Some songs really mean something to me.
Bouken Desho Desho by Aya Hirano teaches me about my dreams and how to find adventure.
Kokoro no Tamago by Buono! helped me to be myself despite what others say.
A Brighter Day by Naoki (DDR Hottest Party 3) gives me inspiration to never live in the past and that you always have new oppurtunites to redeem youself.

Do you have any songs that teaches you or inspires you?
ImageImage
the sig was made by PandaPrinzessin
Bellossom avatar made by me
Husband: Marche Tobaye
Re: Songs that have an Impact on you.Topic%20Title

For me, it's definitely Soul by Epik High. Whenever I'm feeling down, I listen to this song (well, watch the video for the subtitles first hehe XD) and it really makes me feel better. It's such an empowering song.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Rap is a Man's Soul (AKA Row Row Fight the Power)- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

History was made as I downloaded the very first non-videogame music with words in it onto my music device.

/is expecting applause.
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

I'm Kenny McCormick and I like to dance.

"Live Like We're Dying" by Kris Allen because it reminds me to live life well and love what you have before you lose it.

How come we don't say "I love you" enough?
'Til it's too late, it's not too late.

"Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued" by Fall Out Boy because character and personality can't be hidden by appearance and reputation.

We're only liars, but we're the best
We're only good for the latest trends

ImageImageImage

Borginian

I really love "Defying Gravity" from Broadway musical, Wicked.
The lyrics explain everything:

"I'm through accepting limits, 'cause someone says they're so.
Some things I cannot change, but 'till I try I'll never know."

I Hope You Dance Lee Ann Womack- It's song about taking risks and not being afraid to go out there and try new things (??)

:)

Ugly - Sugababes
This song makes me feel so much better about myself, it's so uplifting.

Fighter - Christina Aguilera
Perfect stress reliever.

Music Of The Night - Phantom Of The Opera
This song made me fall in love with musicals again.

Kiss From A Rose - Seal
I find it really romantic, hopeful and up-lifting.

Time for you to sleep.

This might be a little overdramatic, but when I was younger, I was a real downer. I felt everything I did was futile and what's the point, etc. Then I happened upon Scatman's World by that guy who's real name I've now forgotten. It really made me feel better about myself and everything, and gave me a much happier look at life which I carry with me to this day. It helped me be able to take a lot before it made me feel down.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

ケーキたん(仮)

Lady Gaga's "Speechless". It didn't really have an impact in my life, but it did change how I saw Lady Gaga herself.

smile

I love all these song choices! not to change the topic.
ImageImage
the sig was made by PandaPrinzessin
Bellossom avatar made by me
Husband: Marche Tobaye

My name is Judge.

I don't have any songs that really have like a lesson that teach me, but anything by Tom Lehrer generally lifts my sprirts.

If we're talking about songs that have an emotional impact, probably the only one I know is "Fantine's Death" from Les Miz, an already depressing musical, it's the only that makes me feel sad during that show.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

johnny rainbow wrote:
Lady Gaga's "Speechless". It didn't really have an impact in my life, but it did change how I saw Lady Gaga herself.

Same happened to me with Gaga, but with the slower piano version of "Poker Face" she played live, and that was featured into a Glee episode during one of the most emotional scenes of the series.

As for ideological impact, The Beatle's "Revolution". The faster version, not "Revolution 1". And talkin' 'bout Beatles, their "Blackbird" is my default "I'm pissed off and need to calm down" song. And it always works.

Ace Sidekick!

My childhood wish.

When I was in elementary school and before I considered myself a tomboy, I always looked up to other guys and wished I could be cool like them and powerful like them since I always get my arse kicked whenever I would have a friendly wrestle with guys.

Let it go and move it move it

The songs Walking on Air, Up Up Up and The Creationist by Kerli have all had a impact on me. They all cheered me up when I was down, especially the creationist. It really helped me to feel better about myself.
Within Temptation

OC Attorney At Law!

These songs always had a huge intimidation impact on me. I don't know why, something about the melody gives me chills.

Orochimaru's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5FeKFKLvwA
Fairy Tail- Akuma Diliora: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kXEt2bg ... AR6QcbgUTz

Both of which don't really hold a candle to this though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi4x4mSr3eQ

For me there are so many!

Ellegarden's Space Sonic is one of those songs that is just so brilliant every time I hear it I feel so refreshed. Plus the lyrics are so awesome. They manage to maintain a perfect balance between western and Japanese styles.

Do You Crash by Bonnie Pink. The first J-Pop artist I ever listened to and still one of my favourites.

Anything by Sakanaction. All their music is so beautiful! Especially Native Dancer and Music.

As for non-Japanese music, Plug In Baby by Muse is brilliant. I also always find myself feeling deeply moved when I listen to 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins.

All of these songs make me feel really happy when I hear them. :edgy:

Lucy wrote:
The songs Walking on Air, Up Up Up and The Creationist by Kerli have all had a impact on me. They all cheered me up when I was down, especially the creationist. It really helped me to feel better about myself.

I love Kerli! I think Walking on Air was the one that I really loved. :maya:

[Whip the cream!]

There are a lot of songs that have had a huge impact on me, songs that I associate with a certain "me", like "11-year old me bonding with my father over this song that we both love", "13-year old me's song about freedom and desperately want to grow up and break free from social standards, "depressed 17-old me"-song, "post-breakup-bitterness-song after a piss-relationship that lasted 2 years" etc. I remember making a playlist at age 19 with songs like that and I wept through it, haha. I don't feel too comfortable naming any of the songs since the lyrics can be quite... well, I relate to them, and then it says a lot about my own feelings which are quite personal.

But for I want to break free from social standards; a lot of the earlier songs of Edguy.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

Every song by Rihanna, because she's amazing! I love her <3

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved. Reminds of childhood innocence :jake:

Linkin Park - Numb (This is my favorite song of all time. It shows so much emotion.)

The Mechanic wrote:
Linkin Park - Numb (This is my favorite song of all time. It shows so much emotion.)

I still like Linkin Park. I think Hybrid Theory was like one of the first albums I purchased, when I was like 10 or 11... I basically grew up listening to it. It isn't the kind of thing I listen to regularly anymore, but it helped to introduce me to rock. Numb is excellent, In The End and Crawling too, but I think Breaking The Habit is their best song.

BTW, my list...

OMG, it is going to be difficult to create this list. I'll try to keep short. Knowing myself, some stuff will probably change after some time, but taking into account most of my life thus far and the music I have been listening this year, here it goes (no particular order of preference):

Lullaby - The Cure - Classic. Beautiful, very introspective and kind of dark, but very pleasant to listen to. The Cure songs generally help me when I'm at my worst. The songs aren't happy and not meant to raise people's moods, but I can relate to them on a profound level.

Fascination Street - The Cure - Amazing, extremely atmospheric... ethereal. Even better to listen to with headphones. The kind of song I always like, regardless of my mood.

As Heaven is Wide - Garbage - Looove this one. The lyrics, the intensity... so... OMG. Stupid Girl by Garbage is excellent too. I love Shirley Manson, probably one of my favourite lyricists. Relate a lot to her <3

Elegia - New Order - No words, simply one of the best pieces of music ever created by man. Terrific. The album version is shorter, but I like to listen to the full version. Every single second is worth it.

Frozen - Madonna - I think a lot of Madonna's stuff is thrash, but this one here is beautiful, genuinely touching, and a gem.

Enjoy the Silence - Lacuna Coil - I love this so hard. I like this version better than Depeche Mode's version. "Words like violence, break the silence..."

Venus - Theatre of Tragedy - Great song, good Goth band, with one of the best soprano vocals ever. Very addictive.

Going to stop here, otherwise ideas will just keep popping in my head and the list will have no end. I tried to be selective, accessible and avoiding putting here things I like that people find "heavy" (lmao), which to be honest are more or less 50%-60% of what I like.

My edge is worthy for miles.

When I thought about the title of this thread, this was the first thing that popped into my head...
Bob Dylan - Only a Pawn in Their Game
Makes me pity white people, haha. I always think sadly of them now.

I'm sorry if I trigger people! Just my opinion! :yogi:

The video game boy; the one who wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfHq9QuDFtY "I am what I am", I adore both the (linked to) Gloria Gaynor-version and the original version from the musical La Cage aux Folles. The cover has a captivating disco beat and the lyrics are beautiful. I usually cringe when songs are described as "empowering", but how else to describe this one? Comforting, perhaps. "I am what I am and what I am needs no excuses." It also has a status as a gay-anthem (the musical-version is sung by a homosexual dragqueen who refuses to feel ashamed about being homosexual and a dragqueen) and that make it even more impactful for me.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

Ace Procrastinator

Take Me Away by Plain White T's. It defines one of the typical struggles of adolescents, which is something I can relate with.

Art Person

"A new day" from the Sonic Rush soundtrack has gotten me out of times of depression because the remix is so catchy but the lyrics are so positive and it's really helped me through times I'm feeling horrible.
Page 1 of 1 [ 25 posts ] 

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Borscht Bowl Club