Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 2 of 4[ 126 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: A Night in the Gatewater (Begun - Slots Open)Topic%20Title

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Sean smiled back at Pandora as she walked away. Then, suddenly;

"Sean? Sean Dereks?" he heard. He turned around, and saw a familiar face. "Sean, remember me, I'm Shaun Tindeed, Jason's little brother!"
Sean's grin grew wider. "Well, well, Shaun Tindeed, future chef extraordinaire! It sure has been a while." He walked towards him, and shook his hand. "How's Jason being lately? We haven't talked in months."
Re: A Night in the Gatewater (Begun - Slots Open)Topic%20Title

My name is Judge.

((@Dawn: Yeah, sorry I hadn't added you, but everything's updated now.))

"Jason's doing wonderfully, you know he's a Prosecutor now, but he's out studying abroad in Germany, what he hopes to learn there is beyond me." Shaun smiled as he shook Sean's hand.

"So, what have you been up to? Better yet, what brings you here?" he grinned inquisitively, "Oh! How about we talk over a meal. I was eating at Le Petite Gerard, but I'm still hungry. I was going to eat at the Excalibur tomorrow, but hey, I can move it forward, how about we go there. I've heard the food there is delectable."
Re: A Night in the Gatewater (Begun - Only 5 Slots Left!)Topic%20Title

Walking the path of heaven, ruler of all

((I'm going away this weekend but I will be home on sunday, I maybe have time to write a post after I'm finished with work today.))

Ron thought of the bartenders decision. Sounds interesting. He thought for himself. I like this guy.
"You're stupid aren't you" he said. "But that what's I like, if you want to become a good gambler you have to be stupid or alternativly, you're a very rich guy and doesn't have anything to loose in this gamble. I also like that since it's alsothe gambler spirit to get the opponent to gamble when you have much to win but not much to loose." he said and drank the rest of his drink and lit a cigar.

"I guess it's time to gamble then" he said and pulled out two dices from the pocket."Feel free to examine them if you want" he said. "And hit me up with another drink since tonights gonna be free"
Awesome sig made by Nadindi.
My otp's are. MayaxLarry and PhoenixxFranziska

My name is Judge.

((OK, enjoy your time out of town and thanks for letting us know!))

Just another day.

"well Im pretty well off money-wise so I think win or loose Ill still be able to enjoy the night with something to remember...though I dont plan on loosing."
james put an eager grin on his face while he poured another drink for the man.

A True English Diva-To-Be <3

Pandora frowned. She didn't much fancy continuing in the lobby for now- the work wasn't just boring, being in close proximity to the obviously impending storm made her nervous and it was the work of a few minutes to change duties with another of the maids.

Switching to housekeeping would also give her the perfect opportunity to replace that guy's bag, minus the camera and whatever she could clear out of the wallet. It wasn't, she told herself, an act of compassion to return it- it was just that the longer she had it, the harder it would be to replace it without suspicion.

Pandora skirted past the reception desk, making a mental note of the room number the receptionist was handing the bag's unfortunate owner. If she was quick, he should have no trouble making it to the room before he did, the bag could easily be concealed in the cleaning trolley and she'd simply look as though she were going round to clean the rooms.

Not suspicious in the slightest...
Click on Janice for graphics ^^

I can see you, from here!

"Thank, you, I'll be sure to keep that in mind..." Michael murmured, taking his key. Well, at least SOMEONE seems to understand that I've got a little power here... Hmm, power...

Michael began to walk briskly to his room, pausing only slightly. What the hell was the girl's deal, anyway? Ah well, don't worry about it. Psychopaths like her seem to be so common in this field. Still, would probably be best to keep an eye on her... I suppose after I make the call to the press that I'm here, I'll go back down to start looking for my bag more.

Arwen lingered in the corner of the lobby, sipping her drink, and watching the other guests as they mingled. She had been particularly entertained by the spat between the waitress and the scruffy-looking man, but now that was over, she came to the conclusion there wasn't much to see here. Finishing her drink and setting the empty glass down on the table, she made the decision to head up to the bar. She took a few steps towards the lift...and then noticed the queue. Probably easier to take the stairs... Turning on her heel, she headed in the other direction, to where the grand staircase ascended up towards the glittering ceiling. She hoped she could find her way okay.
Beautiful sig thanks to Panda Prizessin! <3
-Even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day.

Hmm, he's moving fast... Better take the back stairs.

Pandora slipped through the "Staff Only" door at the back of the reception area and sprinted up the several flights of stairs that led to the correct floor. Retrieving the bag from where she'd stashed it in a broom cupboard, she concealed it within a cleaning trolley, making sure to leave the more valuable items hidden in the cupboard.

Wheeling the trolley down the corridor, she produced the master key which all the staff had a copy of from her apron pocket and entered the room, closing the door behind her. Now, where to put it? Somewhere obvious so he'd think one of the staff had simply found it and returned it to his room...

((Caught in the act?))

Alright, let's see... I should probably see about bugging the boss for more travel money.... I don't really feel right flashing the press badge for free meals... Still, gotta do what I gotta do... Guess that'll be the first thing I say... Michael neared his room, but could hear footsteps from inside. Ehh, prob'ly just the cleaning lady... Though a little LATE, I have to say... Guess I should check up... Michael fiddled with his room key, until finally getting his door open, slowly turning the handle so he wouldn't surprise whoever it was cleaning...

((I leave the rest to you...))

Dammit! Not quick enough!

Pandora stemmed the rising panic and indignation at the thought that she might actually be caught for the first time. She clenched her fists- she'd never been caught in the act of thieving more than once in the eleven years she'd been doing it for and she'd be damned if this jerk was going to get the better of her.

You were sent up by housekeeping. This room has been empty for a while and it needs cleaning. We usually don't expect guests to their rooms straight away. Stay calm.

Maintaining her composure, Pandora produced a duster from the cleaning cart, making sure the bag remained out of sight and began flicking it across the glass of the far window.

Last edited by PandaPrinzessin on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh for the love of... OF COURSE, the one person I could do without seeing again AT ALL... Upon opening the door, Michael realized that once again, red-head and himself have crossed paths once again.. Oh well, just stay calm, simply try to get her out...

"I take it you're here to actually do your job. Still, I calmly ask you to leave. If I require cleaning services, I will ask the front desk myself."

Wait... This ISN'T just cleaning... She's hiding something, I can feel it... But what?

Call me Ishmael.

Jon Vincent woke up by the sound of a thud from the room above. He had fallen asleep while listening to an interview with a novelist he really admired. He turned off the radio and went down for something to drink. After walking down a few stairs, he went into the Gatewater Bar.

"Good evening" he said to the bartender and the man. "I'm not very picky with my drinks. Surprise me, will ya?"
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Okay, operation misfired. He's offering you a chance to leave. TAKE IT. You'll come back when he's out...

Pandora inclined her head briefly and, gathering up her cleaning supplies, pushed them back into the trolley and turned to leave. The quicker the better, she figured, just in case the kid was sharper than he looked and had worked out that her presence here was singularly odd. Grasping the handle of the trolley, she stepped forward to open the door, cursing herself for screwing up.

"Ohhh, no. I don't think so. What's in the trolley?" Michael said, edging slightly closer to the door.

A tad blunt, but after the threat, NOT to inquire would be incredibly foolish. Besides, if his hunch was correct, he'd have his own personal revenge, and if it wasn't... Well, the fact that he's investigating every angle should be enough to get her off his tail... Still, the red-head was hiding SOMETHING, that much was for sure...

"Well, I DO think so." Pandora snapped, hand on hips. "You told me to leave so I'm leaving. If you don't move out of my way and let me go, I'm pressing the alarm for security to get up here."

She was pretty sure he'd latched onto why she was here already. Running through the options she had, Pandora had to admit things didn't look good. She'd almost definitely be fired for this, which though the prospect of not having to run around after lazy guests any more sounded tempting, she'd have to find somewhere to live and start making her living in the old way. Which was certainly not always the safest way.

"Do you really think I care about that at this point? I know you've got a personal vendetta against me, and I intend to nip it in the bud. NOW." Michael began to move toward the trolley, now quite confident that she was hiding something inside it. "Now let's see what you planned to do here..."

Game's up.

Pandora rolled her eyes and, stretching out a leg, kicked over the trolley, plainly revealing its contents. What was the worst he could do? Get her fired? Get her arrested? Like either of those things would really matter at all.

"What's wrong?" she smiled. "Aren't you pleased to have it back?"

Crossing her arms, she backed up against the door and surreptitiously turned her own key in the lock. If he wanted to tell someone, well, she'd already removed the phone from the bag and she'd easily be able to stop him using the phone in the room.

So. What will you do now?

"Hmhmhm... Do you think I am stupid? It's quite obvious you took something from my bag, or at the least tampered with it. Otherwise, you'd have no reason to bring it back... What was it, my camera? My wallet? And I suggest you NOT try to run away..."

Ah, yes. The calculating side is beginning to show itself. If this girl actually thinks she can pull something, she's something else... Still, she was apparantly good enough to GET it from me in the first place... I can give her that much...

Pandora grinned. This was beginning to get interesting. "Actually, it was the camera and the wallet. Oh, and the phone too. It was kind of a disappointment really- they're both substandard models and out-of-date too. Probably wouldn't get all that much for them..."

She crossed her arms and leaned back against the door. She'd been in far stickier situations than this one before and it wasn't like he was going to suddenly pull a knife on her or anything like that.

"Oh, and I'm not going to run... and neither are you. For the moment, we seem to be locked in- such a shame." she said, with a smirk on her face.

Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!

"Ugh, what was that storm about?" Felicia muttered as she stomped into the lobby. Everything about her screamed wet, and she was very unhappy. "Evening, ma'am." Felicia nodded at the receptionist and waited for the elevator.

That was one heck of a storm... we might be stuck here for a while... She paused in her thinking. I hope nothing bad happens to the hotel...
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3

"I see... and what were you expecting? I'm living off the dirt, I'm lucky to have a phone at all... And that camera isn't even mine, it's the paper's..."

Apparantly disbelief had taken away the anger that he had previously expressed... Still, he was ready for anything she'd try to pull...

"And just what do you intend to try to do?"

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

((@Perc: I'm currently not home, so I'll be back posting this Sunday. Sorry ^^))

"Oh, re-lax. Hard as it might be to believe, I'm not dangerous. And to be honest, I haven't thought that bit out yet... I was going to suggest some sort of a deal but the fact remains that I don't really have anything you could possibly want... Hmph."

Manoevring the fallen trolley towards her, Pandora perched on the end of it and surveyed the room's other occupant.

"While we're here, you might as well tell me your name, don't'cha think?"

"Hmm, perhaps you should have thought this through more? Oh well, we'll deal with that problem later..."

Michael took a seat on the bed, watching with slight amusement as Pandora climbed onto the trolley.

"Yes, I suppose... It's Michael... Sawyer. And you?"

Last edited by OriginalBubs on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My name is Judge.

((@DeMat Group field trip?? JKJK, I understand, I'll let everyone else play out their current subplots :) ))

"I'm Pandora Box. Don't laugh at the name. I didn't even have a surname until I got adopted- it was pretty damn ironic that the one I got never fails to get some wise-ass crack a joke about it every other day..."

She scowled, looking down at the floor and wondered briefly why Michael was actually being polite to her. It didn't seem like either of them were people who were accustomed to being very civil.

"So, you're going to turn me in, right? For the bag?"

"I see... And I understand... You shouldn't be mocked for the name you've been given... Besides, not like you're the only one..."

Hmm... It appears that Ms. Pandora's got a few problems of her own.... Guess that explains some of it...

"And it depends. On one hand, if you give me back my possesions, and possibly something else, I'll simply say nothing happened. But if you're not willing, I wouldn't lose any sleep by turning you in..."

Why is he being nice to me? If it were me, I'd be giving me the verbal lashing of a lifetime...

Pandora nodded- it seemed a fair a compromise as any she was going to get and wouldn't result in the loss of her job, which was an additional bonus.

"Sounds fair enough. It's not like I'd have made much from selling them on anyway. But what's the something else you want from me?" she inquired, not budging from her spot on the overturned cleaning trolley.

"Simple. The blithering idiots that gave me this job only gave me enough money for the room, the assholes. I have virtually NO money for anything else... Including food... You see where I'm going with this?"

Besides, if you DON'T, I can just squeal, and throw you out in the rain... And I'll just find some other way to get along...

"So you're blackmailing me? I knew you were a jerk... Though it's not like I wouldn't do the exact same thing, I suppose. Fine, then. I can get you food- we'll swing by the kitchen now if you want." Pandora sighed, wrinkling her nose in distaste.

And if I hear ONE person say "oh, Pandora, how cute, you've got a friend", I swear to God I will not be held responsible for my actions...

Grudgingly, she got up and turned the trolley its correct way up, scooping the cleaning supplies that had fallen out back into it and unlocking the door.

"Well? You coming? Your camera and the rest are in the broom cupboard down the hall."

"Why yes, yes I am... and it's not like I'm ordering you to get me a five-course meal or anything, I'm not that heartless."

Michael got up, straightened his jacket, and began to follow Pandora.

I swear, the first person to say that I'm with this psycho for something OTHER than necessity is going to see just what this little shutterbug can do to cause pain...

My name is Judge.

((I'm going to take up a couple of minor roles so other people can RP

Name: Jean Luc'Pape
Job: Maître D’ of the Cancellacqua))

Jean was noticiably distraught. Tonight was supposed to be a slow night. Tonight he was going to have a moment of peace! Everybody was, but it seems like whatever higher power there was had other plans. He turned back to the large group, who looked like they were in the stages of drying. They must have come from outside, where he had just learned the storm of the year was going on and the entire city had shut down, bringing most, if not all, of the hotel's patrons back into the building. The group he had currently encountered was a party of twenty, they appeared to be dressed for the theatre, and all looked hungry.

He took a moment to peer behind them, and saw that more groups were coming in, and the restaurant was bound to be full quickly. This worried Jean, he was a simple man, and was not a fan of chaos. Yet he dealt with the chaos daily and managed to glean enjoy it. Even so, a man has his limits. He made a quick phone call to the hotel's flagship restaurant downstairs.

"Brianne?" he asked?
"Yes, what is it Jean?" she replied, sounding as flustered as he was.
"Ahm... sounds to me like you've suddenly gotten as big an influx of patrons as I do"
"Yes, and they're all pretty hungry, this has taken everyone by surprise, all of the in-house chefs are being called in and we're trying to sort this out." She explained, there was a noise and she spoke off the phone for a moment, then returned.
"So I guess sending some of my customers down to you is out of the question?"
"Yes. Yes. Very much out of the question."
"I see. Well good luck, and godspeed."
"The same to you." She remarked, then hung up the phone. Jean gave an exasperated sigh. He saw that the three in-house chefs that weren't here already were arriving, pushing past the crowd. After some quick discussion they headed back to the kitchen. He told them to let Felecia know about the rapidly growing customer base and that this might just be the dinner service of her career.

Jean told the customers to wait and headed back into the service room where all of the waiting staff were on hand.

"Tonight will be crazy, there will be a constant stream of customers... well likely from now until closing time. We have to be curt, freindly, and for the love of god do not make any stupid trip-ups."

Jean then began seating the customers, he many times had to rearrange tables to accommodate a group and soon the first orders came in, as his self-proclaimed duty, Jean always took the first groups order. After writing it down, he entered into the kitchen and recited it to the kitchen. Afterward he turned turned to Felicia,

"Well... if there's anything you can have me do, a tableside dish or two, just let me know.

Just another day.

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Jon Vincent woke up by the sound of a thud from the room above. He had fallen asleep while listening to an interview with a novelist he really admired. He turned off the radio and went down for something to drink. After walking down a few stairs, he went into the Gatewater Bar.

"Good evening" he said to the bartender and the man. "I'm not very picky with my drinks. Surprise me, will ya?"

((soo...whats gonna happen with oddy? can I move the conversation along or something?))

"Right away sir. looks like you came down just in time...me and this man have a bit of a bet going...I win and drinks are on the house compliments of him."
james saying this as he prepared a good old brand of whisky.
"here ya go...enjoy"
james put down the drink where the man was sitting.
"hmm...judging by your fingers...your a writer or artist...though your appearance tells me a writer of some kind...either a journalist or a novelist...hmm...ow sorry...a bad habit of mine"

Insanity at its classiest.

Christopher sighed. The noise in the lobby was getting a bit too loud. He excused himself and put on his headphones. Even with no music, they drowned out sound, and he hated non-musical loud noises. "I'll be off to the bar then. Cheers," he said, on his eay to the elevator, and following the man's instructions, wound up in the bar.

He sat down on one of the stools and removed his headphones. "Scotch, on the rocks, please." The bartender nodded and Chris gulped the drink down immediately. "Keep 'em comin'."
My CR family is my beautiful wife Arkillian, and my three daughters Lida_Rose, Franzika Von ehmpke5, angel_of_nature and my son, Meenyman.

"First, I've got to mop up and find the maki maki." Felicia was drying herself off with a towel. "I hope we can make it through the night with this storm and all. How many are here?" She asked Jean. "No, don't tell me, by the look on your face, more than ten, and more coming in." Then she started walking towards the kitchen.

We are definitely going to be very busy tonight... Felicia gloomily thought as she made her way through the tables towards the kitchen, trying not to hurt anyone on the way.

My name is Judge.

((@Cold, try not to godmod, if you can't wait, just do an action post or something.))

Jean followed behind her, "The first group is twenty, looks like theatre-goers. So you know how hungry they get, might I suggest something warm table-side for those coming in from the storm?"

The restaurant was filling up. Fast. People were streaming in through the entrance and waiters and waitresses were scrambling to make sure everyone was served. He groaned, it hadn't filled up this fast in years.

Call me Ishmael.

Cold52 wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:

((soo...whats gonna happen with oddy? can I move the conversation along or something?))

"Right away sir. looks like you came down just in time...me and this man have a bit of a bet going...I win and drinks are on the house compliments of him."
james saying this as he prepared a good old brand of whisky.
"here ya go...enjoy"
james put down the drink where the man was sitting.
"hmm...judging by your fingers...your a writer or artist...though your appearance tells me a writer of some kind...either a journalist or a novelist...hmm...ow sorry...a bad habit of mine"

((You can talk to us both at the same time, I think...))

Jonathan thanked the bartender for the whiskey and drank some. "Yeah, I'm a a novelist. Mostly mysteries. But I'm also playing piano in a jazz band known as Lauren Order Trio*. And what are you betting about?"

((* Lauren Order is a pun name I once heard, since it's related to law I thought it would be fitting for the PW-verse))
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

((Isn't Lauren Order an user here?))

Felicia thought for a minute. "I think bisque will be good."

"Bisque! Make it lobster!" She shouted to one of staff in the kitchen. Then she turned to Jean. "We might run out of maki maki and lamb tonight. I'm not sure if the deliveries will make it here in time because of the storms. We'll have to wait and see." Felicia was evidently worried and started to fiddle with a corner of her apron.

Pandora banged the door shut behind them with more venom than was strictly necessary and stalked away down the corridor. Reaching the broom cupboard, she shoved the cleaning trolley inside and retrieved the more valuable items that she'd filtered from Michael's bag.

"Here. Take them." she said, unceremoniously pushing them into his hands.

Ugh, stuck with this guy all freaking night... I hate storms.

The restaurants would be packed with guests, so the likelihood that one of the chefs would be willing to let her make off with some food for her blackmailer was pretty low. That said, it was possible they'd give her something just to get rid of her. Pandora certainly knew how to make herself so objectionable that they wouldn't want her hanging around for long.

"We'll go down to the restaurant kitchen. Maybe Felicia'll let us have something- she's one of the decent ones."
Page 2 of 4 [ 126 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay