Page 2 of 4[ 136 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Dragon Quest generalTopic%20Title

Call me Ishmael.

DQ9 is amazing.

Just thought I'd tell you that.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

I've already beat Dragon Quest IX the other day and am now proceeding to do the grottos/quests/downloadable quests.

Speaking of downloadable, I checked DQVC and Alena from Dragon Quest IV showed up and even gave equipment (which by the way looks oh so wrong on my hero http://twitpic.com/27yb4j ).
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

I refuse to change my avatar

Hey, I got her too! I can't wait for King Trode to pop up...
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Choir Nerd...'nuff said.

I want DQIX REALLY bad!! I picked up a little pamphlet about it at Gamestop the other day and it looks extremely epic.

I'm busy playing DQVIII at the moment though. I'm headed to Blizzard Peaks with about 90 hours of playtime (about 75% percent of that is level grinding and whoring out the alchemy pot). IT IS SO MUCH FUN!! I can play that game for 5-6 hours without even realizing it! It has some of the best character dynamics I've ever seen in a game. There is no member of the part that I don't like (which is rare).

Hello, I'm LovelyLarxene! But you can just call me Lovely. :keiko:
Thx to Midnight Jasper for my wonderful set!

The master of Judging 64

javadoz wrote:
I've already beat Dragon Quest IX the other day and am now proceeding to do the grottos/quests/downloadable quests.

Speaking of downloadable, I checked DQVC and Alena from Dragon Quest IV showed up and even gave equipment (which by the way looks oh so wrong on my hero http://twitpic.com/27yb4j ).

Man boobies.

I have it on my F-MA. Along with her hat and pants.

Judgemaster64 wrote:
javadoz wrote:

Man boobies.

I have it on my F-MA. Along with her hat and pants.

Pants!?! :ack: I must know more, how did you get them :godot: ? I only have the hat and dress.

By the way, screw the bowhole for liquid metal slime grinding; slime hill is muuuuuuuuch better for grinding. :shoe:
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

The master of Judging 64

You get a piece by just talking
A piece if the hero is the same job as the character you are talking to
A piece if it is your birthday
A piece if you have 30 tags
A piece from some wifi quest

I think that how it going to work for them all.

Do the guest characters from previous games ever leave your inn? Because I'm going to be kind of screwed for a while on the birthday gift...

The master of Judging 64

From what I read. They stay there forever unless you start a new game. Also you don't have to wait for the birthday gift. Just make sure the DS date(NOT the DS B-day date) match with the in game B-day date.

Time for you to sleep.

I got Dragon Quest IX yesterday, so brace yourself for a rantish review.
It's my first 200+ hour RPG, so I wasn't sure what to expect gameplay-wise. I find the gameplay ranges from simple to a little confusing. It's my own fault when things get confusing, though. It kinda reminds me of Earthbound in a way, but harder. I died to every boss at least once. It kinda stopped after I decided to actually use my party members efficiently (Ragin' Contagion' sucks when you try to do it on your own.) I felt a little alienated from the story at first, I was just expected to go along with the concept of angels and "the Almighty" and that tree, who's name I remember being part of some civilisation's mythology, I think. I wish I knew when and exactly where this took place, but I guess I can't really complain about that. I like the characters, everyone that I've met so far (I haven't gotten too far, just beat the Lleviathan,) was at least a bit likeable. That fairy turned out to be a lot less annoying than I could have ever expected. I'm not sure if I'll buy more DQ games and stuff, but I guess it's more possible now that I've tried it.
It's good so far.
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.

I am going around beating grotto bosses right now, I swear I will burn and TRAU-MI-NATE the next map that has the Trauminator as its boss. :keiko: Hopefully I will be able to get a legacy boss map if this trend stops and will be able to pounce them hopefully.

Just beat it, final boss failed hard against my team of awesome~ Heroine paladin and gladiator were level 36, priest and mage were 44.

Pallies are almost too good in this game.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Just beat it, final boss failed hard against my team of awesome~ Heroine paladin and gladiator were level 36, priest and mage were 44.

Pallies are almost too good in this game.

Paladins sure are, but in the aftergame this changes as you get into the more higher-leveled grottos. My team of level 50s are awesome with my new addition of a paladin, especially when you max out their virtue stat and get +80 HP in return.

It's probably going to be a while before I even need the extra HP; unless it's a magical attack, the enemies are lucky if they manage to hit my heroine for double digit damage. Final boss included.

Oh, and strangely enough I got the 'Haughty Beauty' accolade. Strangely because according to the official guide, you need the following to get that:

Spoiler: cut for longo item list
Blowy bow or Icicle dirk
Ice shield or Dark shield
Muskateer hat or Steely sweatband
Mirror armour or Sacred armour
Einhander or Battler's bracers
Swordsman's slacks or Battle britches
Hip boots or Cowboy boots
Monarchic mark or Brainy bracer

My equips are

Miracle sword
Dark shield
X-ray specs
Sacrosanct armour (an evolved form of the sacred armour)
Light gauntlets
Red tights
Safest shoes
Elfin charm

So either you really only need the shield and armour to get the accolade, or there's more combinations to get it that are listed in the guide.

And no, I didn't use the guide to get through the game, it's just there in case I get stuck or I want to browse the skills/equipment/accolade lists.

Spoiler: Postgame quest spoiler
Patty has joined the party, and as a level 28 thief at that.........which isn't that great, but I hope she doesn't mind me stealing away her equipment. :karma:

Yeah, I did that too.

Spoiler: postgame quest
Now my heroine can have giant tits HOORAY~

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I've been playing through DQ9 slowly since it came out, and I have to say that I'm absolutely loving this game. It feels so old school to me, but in a fresh new way. It's really hard to explain. What was fun though was playing it without internet for a couple weeks, not knowing that I could have more than one party member until after I got the ship, thanks to Stella telling me things since I rarely went to the inn in Stockholm since I thought you needed Wi-Fi for everything and I didn't have it at the time. Felt kind of dumb, but it was great to challenge myself there for a while. Now everything has just felt too easy with the inclusion of party members.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

The master of Judging 64

Who did the GS event? Talk about boring. the thing need chairs. I should of brought another system(I didn't want to be busy with DQIX or the DS that has it when someone comes in). Only me and one other person stayed the whole time. start to finish. A couple people came in, stayed and left, and some just came ad left. I got 11 out of it(12 if it didn't miss one dood ><.) One person came in with two DSs. A couple or something came in weird. Both wearing black and both have matching DSs(both black in the same blackcase all out) feels like some cheap FBI, MIB thing.

I had to work, but a friend took my DS for me. Apparently I was the only one who even had any treasure maps; everyone was awed at the 48 hours I've put into the game so far. Think I got about 16 guests, including the event guy.

Spoiler: Special event map
ZOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAA :zap:

I'm going to need another ten levels or so before I stand a chance against him. At least his battle music was awesome as hell.

D'OH :ack:

I wasn't able to go to the Gamestop event and show off the flashy 100 hours I've put into the game. Oh well, there's always the Bestbuy event with the ESTARK MAP :gant-jazz: Though these legacy maps will be distributed later through wi-fi.

Ahh...Coffee...

Ahhh, very glad I decided to play this game. I've gotten to the point where you face the Wight Knight, and I absolutely like the "Create-Your-Own Party Member" feature. Let's see...A whip, blue hair, I SENSE A FRANNY!

Hm, maybe I'll try to get a screenshot, just because Franny's awesome.
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."

Call me Ishmael.

So I've been playing more DQIX recently, and I love it.

One question though, do you get new classes by solving sidequests?

And also, this is probably the best DQ gameplay-wise. Story-wise, it's DQ5.

Marche Tobaye wrote:
One question though, do you get new classes by solving sidequests?

Yep. One you don't get until almost the end of the main game, though, and one you can't get until after the main game.

I'm taking a bit of a break at the moment because I'm pissed at the crit-happy legacy bosses.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
[I'm taking a bit of a break at the moment because I'm pissed at the crit-happy legacy bosses.

BARAAAAAAMMOOOOOOOOOOSSS *Shakes fist profusely* :grey:

Marche Tobaye wrote:
DQ9 is amazing.

Is it fun to play alone? There is such a hype about multiplayer I was wondering if single player was as fun.
~~~Cassandra~~~ but you can call me Cassie!

I've put almost 60 hours of single-player in so far to two and a half of multi (and that was just helping friends grind some metals), so I'd say single-player is fun, yeah. It's comparable to the other games in the series.

Call me Ishmael.

Clamerdin wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:
DQ9 is amazing.

Is it fun to play alone? There is such a hype about multiplayer I was wondering if single player was as fun.

I haven't even played it multiplayer and I love it anyway, so yeah.

WELP! I'm back from my trip and added a few more hours to my game but now face a problem...I can't freaking stay on one class long enough to do the reincarnation esque thing! And I heard the Thief's one will give her...I mean it some sort of item the greatly increases the theft rate.

I MUST HAVE! Oh, and my love for level grinding will be happy to.
Thank you Delsy for the Awesome Game Over Sig! If you're still here, I still love it!

Game Over wrote:
WELP! I'm back from my trip and added a few more hours to my game but now face a problem...I can't freaking stay on one class long enough to do the reincarnation esque thing! And I heard the Thief's one will give her...I mean it some sort of item the greatly increases the theft rate.

I MUST HAVE! Oh, and my love for level grinding will be happy to.

Yarg! Why must revocation be so tempting, especially with the Honor among thieves badge (Thief) and the Wear with all badge (Minstrel).

Oh and Angelo visited the inn. "Why hello there" (SHIRT GET) (PANTS GET) (HAIR GET)!

The master of Judging 64

Anyone been to Bestbuy's event? Mine was better then GS but was halfass in the free stuff. That and the new free stuff wasn't DQ related. Though I guess I'm lucky both places knew what they were doing since I've seen stories as worst as they weren't doing the event even though it on the list to the person running the event scream murder(theft really)

I hate the simon's mall. When I saw it not in the state I'm in I thought we don't have one. Later asked my parents on wth is a simons mall, one looked it up and I see that we DO have one. WTF isn't it doing the event? I know the reason for GS and BB but having the event in even lesser numbers to where not every state going to have one is stupid.

I found my first MKS map(not floor only). I was using someone else map. I got a better one in that I don't have to go through the grotto, it all on the first 4 floors.

Has anyone got a round about map? I got a map from the original source and then I got the same map later from someone else who ether got it from the source or from someone who had got it from the source.

Call me Ishmael.

Does anyone know when DQVI DS comes out?

Marche Tobaye wrote:

November 22, 2007 (DQ IV JP)
July 17, 2008 (DQ V JP)
July 11, 2009 (DQ IX JP)
January 28, 2010 (DQ VI JP)

September 16, 2008 (DQ IV US)
February 17, 2009 (DQ V US)
July 11, 2010 (DQ IX US)

Judging on the dates I'd say early 2011, but this is just speculation. :godot:

Hmm... So I barely managed to get the Minstrels Item. So I tried to equip my male with it then make him wear a Bikini just because. And It won't let him wear all of them! So no scary guy wearing a Bikini!

The master of Judging 64

Well if you want a male character to have boobies then have him wear Alena's clothing.

Judgemaster64 wrote:
Well if you want a male character to have boobies then have him wear Alena's clothing.

But it's not a Bikini!

Game Over wrote:
Judgemaster64 wrote:

But it's not a Bikini!

Game Over wrote:
Hmm... So I barely managed to get the Minstrels Item. So I tried to equip my male with it then make him wear a Bikini just because. And It won't let him wear all of them! So no scary guy wearing a Bikini!

booo

Just got my first grotto boss rare equipment drop, sensible sandals on the second try, yay~

Call me Ishmael.

javadoz wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:

November 22, 2007 (DQ IV JP)
July 17, 2008 (DQ V JP)
July 11, 2009 (DQ IX JP)
January 28, 2010 (DQ VI JP)

September 16, 2008 (DQ IV US)
February 17, 2009 (DQ V US)
July 11, 2010 (DQ IX US)

Judging on the dates I'd say early 2011, but this is just speculation. :godot:

Alright, sounds nice.

The master of Judging 64

javadoz wrote:
Game Over wrote:
Judgemaster64 wrote:

But it's not a Bikini!

Well Maya's outfit is a bikini. I wonder if we are allow to put it on males.

I have dragon quest viii and I was wondering if the amount of turns you can summon your monster team in battle can go up or go down. Does anyone know? Because my team is very powerful, I like using it a lot.
~~~Cassandra~~~ but you can call me Cassie!
Page 2 of 4 [ 136 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station