Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 6 of 6[ 225 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: Making a Godot Costume, need adviceTopic%20Title

~Darker than a moonless night

Kaje Panik wrote:
I'm probably a bit tardy to the party but...

I wanted to know? Could someone hopefully tell me where I would hide the excess Elwire and it's battery once I make the Godot mask?

Please and thanks.

:edgy:

When I bought my elwire, I had it made at a custom length that fit perfectly. What I did was run the cord through under my wigcap and out on the backside of my neck, under my shirt down to my pocket where I had the battery pack. I only did it once since I didnt bother with the elwire on my newer visor, but thats how I was gonna do it xD

The Aroma of Dark Coffee

KaZzu wrote:
Kaje Panik wrote:

I wanted to know? Could someone hopefully tell me where I would hide the excess Elwire and it's battery once I make the Godot mask?

Please and thanks.

When I bought my elwire, I had it made at a custom length that fit perfectly. What I did was run the cord through under my wigcap and out on the backside of my neck, under my shirt down to my pocket where I had the battery pack. I only did it once since I didnt bother with the elwire on my newer visor, but thats how I was gonna do it xD

Lol thats exactly how do it with my mask XD...

British and Proud

i just taped glow sticks to the inside of my mask...

and i bought alot of red glowsticks.

but if your on a budget then glowsicks arent that bad a choice....
*didnt have enough money for elwire*

my avatar, NO STEALING

oh sweet costume! its better than anything ive ever done! anyway im using the template u posted for my pumpkin carving, so thanks!

How safe is elwire? Does it get hot? Can it shock you? Do you connect it directly to the battery or do you need some kind of resistive load or voltage regulation system?

Starbvck wrote:
How safe is elwire? Does it get hot? Can it shock you? Do you connect it directly to the battery or do you need some kind of resistive load or voltage regulation system?

It doesnt get hot or anything, and it can be bent pretty extremely (ie durable). With my experiences with it, the actual wire strand and the battery are two separate parts. The battery enclosure will convert your batteries (AA for the one I had) to the correct voltage/current, so no worries there. Even if you did have a problem with it, there's not enough voltage going through it to shock you :P

KiriKaru? Get it? Get it? 8D

.... Wow, if anyone's late to the party, it's me. OTL

Frst, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed in this thread. I've been semi-lurking on here for cosplay advice with the visor and what-not, so a huge amount of cookies to everyone here. <3

Nonetheless, the advice helped. I decided to crossplay Godot for NYAF '09 this year, and despite being short on time (I plan on re-making the visor, I got an actual white mug/ new shirt for next time!), I think it turned out rather well. I have some pics below- Those that are spoilerific are gonna be marked as such.

Spoiler: Me with my Kitten

Spoiler: Just how OCD I am: SPOILER!!!

Spoiler: CHUGCHUGCHUG

Spoiler: Coffee Fight!

Spoiler: "... They must be tears." SPOILERS!!!
- Excuse the hair on this one. I was lying down on my Mia's lap and it messed the spikes up. Sadly I don't have a picture of THAT either. OTL
Spoiler: Yes it lights up.
- Thank god for elwire, but cellophane? Worst idea ever. You can't see through it. >O< I will remake it, I swear.

But yeah, that's my schpiel. Any con-crit would be massively appreciated, but again- this wouldn't have been possibo without the advice from this thread so. LOVE! <3

... And I'll shut up now. |D;;

What do you see behind the mask?

Your pictures don't show up for me, sadly :(

Perrydotto wrote:

You need to go to the main source of the pictures so right click on the pics, click copy image location and paste that into the url toolbar at the top of the internet explorer/mozilla firefox/safari etc toolbar.

On another note, great crossplay! Makes me wonder if there has ever been any other PW f2m crossplay or even m2f on this site...

Ptapcc

KiriKaru? Get it? Get it? 8D

Ptapcc wrote:
Perrydotto wrote:

You need to go to the main source of the pictures so right click on the pics, click copy image location and paste that into the url toolbar at the top of the internet explorer/mozilla firefox/safari etc toolbar.

On another note, great crossplay! Makes me wonder if there has ever been any other PW f2m crossplay or even m2f on this site...

Ptapcc

Ah, well if that's the case, most of the pictures from there are on the cosplay.com link in my signature. You're on your own for spoilers, but... yeah. I should prolly edit it anyways. OTL

T-Thanks for the compliment in any case! ///<3

If anyone on here is skilled at making cosplay stuff, I would be interested in buying the Godot mask. I can't find one online anywhere. Ha. With me, I'm not sure if it would even be cosplay. I would probably just wear it everywhere as a normal thing.

Kitten'

Also I'm manking a Godot for my boyfriend...I'm cosplaying Mia like I always do.
I find a wig for my Mia so that's awesome ! I used brown extension before and it do suck...It fall sometimes XD

Anyway !

I found the pants yesterday !
Found a vest also but it was ugly so I didn't take it.

Need to think about this thing behound the green vest.
You know the beige/black thing, wich I don't know how it's call.

Now i'm trying to find material for the visor.
I'm thinking of using CraftFoam and Red Cellophan sheet.
But would it be realistic ?
The real visor is in metal, but of course i don't want to use metal !

I like the one of KaZzu because it glow in the dark, but in a day convention I think it pretty useless for us.
But I want to do one like that, if I have a photoshoot late at night, wich happen sometimes.

So instead of Craftfoam what would you reccomend

And sorry for my poor english, i'm a french people after all.

1337 Attorney

Let's make this thread back to court, since it's full of awesome.

I've read it 1 to 6 pages, and it answered tons of questions, but also raised new ones.
If you guys don't mind, i'll post those >.>

I saw some people using PVC for the 3 lenses. Since it kinda requires a thickness, but meanwhile, the mask is curved, how do you slightly bend the PVC (or plexiglass) curve those sheets?
I saw also Kazzu awesumz mask. I mean the pic where he show the paintless stucture and stuff. Did you build a sort of inner structure to make the whole thing solid? Or was this only solid wonderflex sheets? (Or am I a fail saying this was Wonderflex?)

Well that's all, folks!

Ph0enix.Wright wrote:
Let's make this thread back to court, since it's full of awesome.

I've read it 1 to 6 pages, and it answered tons of questions, but also raised new ones.
If you guys don't mind, i'll post those >.>

I saw some people using PVC for the 3 lenses. Since it kinda requires a thickness, but meanwhile, the mask is curved, how do you slightly bend the PVC (or plexiglass) curve those sheets?
I saw also Kazzu awesumz mask. I mean the pic where he show the paintless stucture and stuff. Did you build a sort of inner structure to make the whole thing solid? Or was this only solid wonderflex sheets? (Or am I a fail saying this was Wonderflex?)

Well that's all, folks!

The PVC sheet that many people use for the lenses is only .01" thick, so its quite flexible. You can easily glue it in place and it will hold the curve.

My visor is made with craftfoam coated with resin, not wonderflex. I've seen amazing things done with wonderflex, but I've never played with it myself :o I glued wire to the back of the craftfoam when I was working with it to make it hold its shape.

Your Kitten.

I am so referencing this topic to a friend of mine. He really loves your stuff, KaZzu, and has been a long-time admirer of your talent, as have I.

He's going as Godot, I'm Mia Fey. The hardest part so far has been helping him with the mask--it's really awesome to see a tried-and-true method posted here.

Plus, my husband loves projects involving building materials; wiring, electrical, PVC, etc.

Thanks for posting so much info, you guys. It's a serious help! :godot:

Kitten'

Here I am again, I'll got to post since the Godot cosplay of my boyfriend is half-finish.

so here it is :
http://s401.photobucket.com/albums/pp91/Touzzy/Photoshoot20Mars/?action=view&current=IMG_7726.jpg

What do you see behind the mask?

Doesn't look half-bad! I like it quite a lot, the wig is good!
The visor needs work, though - The red lines have very incosistent shapes.

Kitten'

yeah well without any tutorial it was a little bit difficult ^^
The thing that i like the most is the wig.

Thanks to ebay for that ^^

Since i dont know how to make it (im talking about the visor)
i think it will be the best result

KaZzu wrote:
The PVC sheet that many people use for the lenses is only .01" thick, so its quite flexible. You can easily glue it in place and it will hold the curve.

My visor is made with craftfoam coated with resin, not wonderflex. I've seen amazing things done with wonderflex, but I've never played with it myself :o I glued wire to the back of the craftfoam when I was working with it to make it hold its shape.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you coat the craftfoam with resin? I looked it up, but some places said that doing that can make the foam curl.

Any help? :godot:

mcdain123 wrote:
If you don't mind my asking, how did you coat the craftfoam with resin? I looked it up, but some places said that doing that can make the foam curl.

Any help? :godot:

I glued some floral wire to the back of the craftfoam to shape it. Even before the resin, it wouldnt really hold the curve I wanted without the wire. You can remove the wire after the resin has dried too if you want, just tack of the wire lightly. :godot:

Now I'm doing a Godot cosplay for AnimeNebraskon in November and I know what to do for materials for the mask, (Thanks KaZzu! AMAZING costume BTW) pants, shirt, tie etc. But, I am having trouble on the vest. Where could I get one online or at a store?
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!

I'm a Zebra, betch~

Dark Coffee Drinker wrote:
Now I'm doing a Godot cosplay for AnimeNebraskon in November and I know what to do for materials for the mask, (Thanks KaZzu! AMAZING costume BTW) pants, shirt, tie etc. But, I am having trouble on the vest. Where could I get one online or at a store?

Seconded! :D my friend and I are cosplaying as Diego and Godot (I'm Godot) and we're going to Kawa-Kon in Missouri in March. However, we still have to buy tickets... and hotel rooms.. and most of our cosplay. All we have is our ties and coffee mugs and shoes (Yay for a new use for old marching band shoes! :D), and she has black slacks (I still need to get a different pair of black slacks)

The mask. Where can you buy teh stuff to make the red see-through part? Michaels doesn't have it, nor Hobby Lobby, so... I'd hafta order it or something. Also, a template? the one in earlier posts is dead. XP

We also need vests. Any good places to find one, or do I have to make it myself? (Or pay someone to make it for me LOL)

KaZzu, your cosplay is always amazing. Hopefully other PW cosplayers show up at Kawa-Kon (prays)
I'm a Zebra, betch, and don't you forget it~

OBJECTION!

wildweasel wrote:
Okay, bumping for advice...

There are still two minor things that I need to find to complete the outfit. Firstly, I noticed that Godot wears a pair of armbands - where could I get armbands like those?

Second, the prosecutor's badge. Is there a place I can get a badge like that, or would I need to make it myself? If I need to make it myself, then I won't bother (it's not like the fanbase is going to cry foul over it)...

:godot: try Café Press thats where i got my attorneys badge and i saw some prosecutors badges too

So, I might be a little late to the party, but I just wanted to express my thanks for the excellent visor-making tutorial. I decided to cosplay Godot for halloween, and I couldn't have done it without this very handy forum. I am a huge fan of the Phoenix Wright series, so I wanted to pay tribute to my favorite character :godot: .
Here is what my Godot looked like (I ran it through a couple of filters since the shot was taken at low light with a poor quality camera and flash).

Spoiler:

I went through several stores trying to find the right color blue/green from the art. It was a nightmare. In the end I had to use what was closest to it. I had to make the vest as well, but I will be remaking it since I found the right fabric online. I had the white tie already. My hair is pretty long and straight, so I just spiked it and dyed it with those spray hair color things (I wish I would have used a wig since it was like having a helmet of product in my head :yuusaku: ). Oh and the arm bands were made using vinyl.
The visor was the toughest thing though. I made one, and wasn't happy with it since I used a double sheet of craft foam for added dimension, but it was too soft and not rigid enough for my purpose. THe second was better, but it still didn't have the notch between the bottom and middle slit, rather it had and extra piece of foam for added dimension. IN the end, I decided to copy kazzu's (thx btw). Unfortunately the resin cracked by the end of the night and so I've decided that I will remake the mask in actual metal since mybrother has the tools for it.

KaZzu wrote:
Kaje Panik wrote:

Please and thanks.

How did you make the mask itself?
Page 6 of 6 [ 225 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay