- Smooth loading screen (graphic-wise) but slow to start up. *sigh* It reminds me of my PWlib days. xD Hehe, I gotta make up for it.
- Oho, don't think I don't know that track you used in the intro. That has to be an instrumental version of Tori no Uta (Lia). Damn you for getting to use it before me. xDI'm awesome like that. Great minds, great taste in music :D.
- Don't think I didn't pick up on that reference to JM with the basketball. xDRather than a direct-indirect insinuation of your case (if that ever makes sense), I took the overall theme and made a pun :D
- Personal Suggestion: Make the edges around all evidence/profiles transparent. That's how it's done in the games.Hm, I pretty much used the PWLib resources as they were.
- Ha ha! I knew Franziska was the client! :D
- Btw, you captured her perfectly.Heh, indeed.
- Wow, I'm really enjoying it so far. I love the format you included - an investigation before the trial. It's great. =)I gotta show how it started before xD, seriously you would laugh how it started.
- Could you replace PW Hobo's normal animation with sheets from the PyWright package and rescript that emotion? It's very odd...Yeah, I will fix that.
- Argh, this was one thing I was annoyed about PWlib. The Hold It, Take That, Objection and Pauses always acted odd because of the FPS issue. :|Hm, I am honestly blind about that lol.
- What's with the profile pictures in the C-R? They all... look weird. Franziska looks cross-eyed. Show me the pictures, you are most likely suffering horizontal tearing. Or it could possibly a problem in how PWLib handles graphics. If you notice, the pictures in the resources folder or my custom folder, they look fine but for AIGE/PWLib renders them with lesser quality.
- (I wonder why the Judge is being so serious today?) To escape Franziska's whip! xDThat and... There are eight...
- Franziska is really small in the Court Overview. Look at Auraion's sprite page for a cool version of her in court.I probably should check it out. I have a feeling its the half-assed fix that I used to put her sprite in.
- Love the Kristoph references! I should have put more in my Case 1. :PHehe.
- You keep forgetting to hide the textbox when a start-up animation such as Edgeworth's hand shake or Judge's nod is played. :PHm, I thought I fixed most of that.
- I am the Chief Detective of Criminial
Affairs.Now, how did I miss that?
-- Resumed Gameplay --
- Bug 1 - Save: If you resume a saved game from the MASON start, the MASON BG remains and the character sprites don't show
up till the next character is initialised. Also, you can't access Evidence as it doesn't load. :|
... Which means that if you want to load a save, you have to play through it all till you reach the Investigation. :P
- Never mind. I saw you included a save/load start. xDBy the power of my awesome mind, I knew it was the right decision to put it in!
-A consistent error through the game is that you forget commas when addressing characters. Example...
"Good luck Franziska" should be "Good luck, Franziska." because the character is talking to her.I probably most likely missed the comma, lots of commas <_<.
- Oh, dear, Edgey. I'm so sorry. xDHaha.
- Character animations seem... a bit too fast. :|Sounds like you got a fast computer.
- Good choice in bringing back "Noisy People" as Oldbag's theme. =DSeriously :3.
- JudgeBag?! 0_oHe has a point, why does the defense still suffer penalties and they took a whole damn year in trying to fix the system <.<
- Hide the textbox just before WT/CE because the last line quickly comes up before it changes. :PMmm going to find that.
- Bug: When I was pressing Oldbag's statement that results in Apollo showing the map, I saw his thinking sheet.
0_oWow, I never saw that <.<
- Love the subtle Perceive sounds. ^^Gotta help in some way ;)
- Instead of "I saw her kill him II", rename it to "I saw her kill him Pt. 2"I should probably, then again, different art direction xD.
- Oh, wow, all the characters in the CRO's are midgets. No offense but is that a coding problem or your intention?Coding problem. In order to get GS4 courtroom, I replaced multiple resources in PWLib since there was no proper way in transfering sources.
- Great contradiction involving the sun - I wouldn't have thought of something so unique. How could something so simple be so effective x3?
- No penalty so far. :DO rly?
- I love the smirk on Oldbag's face when the screen flashes to her after Edgeworth objects.Haha.
, could you please escort her to the lobby?Ngggrh, spell check for Notepad++, nao.
- You were right - there are a lot of similar elements which is great. It shows how two great minds think alike. Choosing to have Fran testify is quite similar to the moment in Pt. 3 where Payne asks Apollo if he wants to hear the theory. ;)Indeed.
- Bailiff not Baliff. :PI need spell check.
- Yay, Perceive sound again! Everyone is lying today. xDI originally wanted to do a perceive, but, a workaround had to be made :D.
- I have no idea who the killer is. Great job on keeping it a mystery so far. ;)Only if :D
- Interpol Agent? Oh, dear. xDStill doing her job :D.
- Rela'aria, Venatus? Sounds like somewhere from FF. :PIt does lol.
- When the CE logo comes up for "Alexander Ethos' Identity", Fran is talking.O snap.
- I plead silence: Use the Suspense Music. ;)Hm, did I seriously forget to put that in. Maybe my head is playing the music. O SNAP.
- We haven't heard from Edgeworth in a bit. I'm predicting he's going to do something to save the case.Why so passive?
- And I was right. xD:nods:
- First penalty. :( HA!
- What a monster of a cross-examination/argument/rebuttal that was. :PHaha.
- Love the Mason System/Jurist System. It's great. =)It has it's worth.
- I died slightly inside from shock when Desperate Struggles came on. Radex, I knew you were using it but... you chose the
perfect moment. ;)Timing and music always help.
- Btw, what would have happened if I chose Not Guilty? :|The same result. It would be more wtf maybe?
- "Where, what or who..." should be in green font... not blue.Mmkay.
- Ethos' profile doesn't work. Franziska's doesn't. Too bad Oldbag's doesn't. It would be epic if it did. xDInteresting, I need to check that out.
- No... No... No... you can't be... you can't be. This can't be a trap to force the player into a gameover. No piece of evidence
fits the description...Hence, a unique use of the gameplay mechanics
- Oh, Radex, I hate and love you so much. You are a genius. Luring everyone into presenting wrong evidence. Forcing the player into a game over. This is so clever...Thank you :D
- Love the custom art, Radex. You're a pretty good artist. ;)Thank you :D again.
- Interesting ending to the trial. I'm guessing that the case is going to be revisited. From what you've hinted, I'm guessing this case plays a major role in Case 3 which is where the presence of everyone from the PW era is explained properly... if I remember correctly. ;)Hm, I wonder about that.
- If Apollo put the badge on the table... and got the Magatama, then shouldn't it be in the Court Record? You did specify pocket so I guess that's why it isn't in there...Yep, pocket that's my though. But for the hell of it, I'll add it in ;)
ENDING 1 - That hotel room tells me of who the real killer is - Redd White. No doubt about it. He's the only one who fits the description for past crimes and of course, that room. We know that he stayed in that room with May so... ;)You are close. Just so freakin' close. You have the idea of Phoenix's thinking.
Btw, did you make that in Adobe Premier? I noticed it was much better quality (the font in particular). If you made it in Premier, then you're amazing! If not, what other program did you use. Either way, it's still awesome. :DMade in Adobe Premiere, screen captured ;D with hypercam 2, that's why the quality is higher. Adobe Premiere likes to be a freakin' b*tch with the encoding.
ENDING 2 - GODOT HAS A DAUGHTER?! *GASP*
I died of shock then. Seriously. That was totally unexpected. 0_oWho would have suspected?
Also, minor nitpick but it says on the time stamp, Courtroom Lobby when they're in the Courtroom themselves. :PThey are really not there, since you don't see anyone in the Courtroom if you notice . Rather, it's a different perspective, an overview so to say (hurr hurr), and right before they enter.
Final Review! ★ ★ ★ ★
I was very impressed by the direction the plot took. It was unique and captivating. The addition of .avi movies added to the brilliance of your trial. You, sir, are a genius. Your ideas were fabulous and you pulled them off really, really well.I hope PWLib 1.2 comes out, so a true Whipping Turnabouts come into fruition. Clean and easy to use.
Music choices were, of course, brilliant. I love FF music and your trial was filled to the top with it. A hyperbole but you get the point. Gotta feel the motion of the music
Graphics were great - even the recolour of Edgeworth. Everything was clean, crisp and smooth... except for Hobo Phoenix's animations which you know about. ;)Haha.
Will I play this again? Most likely. Your trial has encouraged me to work on my Case 2 now as well as try to match how awesome this trial is. ^^I am really happy that you love it.