Page 1 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

Apollon Flame

Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Genre: Action, Adventure

So yeah, TLoZ doesn't need any introductions, sooo... Discuss. Also:'

SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SKYWARD SWORD!!! SQUEEE-*fangasm*
A King

in name

alone...
Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

Oh yeah I love Zelda :D

And yes, Skyward Sword looks epic.

Call me Ishmael.

Skyward Sword looks awesome. Twilight Princess sucked.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

The Zelda Geek

I myself was trying to start a Zelda topic, but oh well.

Anyways, I'm extremly exited about Skyward Sword like everyone else.

^ I didn't think TP sucked......

Also, what do you guys think about Wind Waker?

Apollon Flame

Quote:
Oh yeah I love Zelda :D

Then this is your place, lol!

Quote:
And yes, Skyward Sword looks epic.

Isn't this what they said about Twilight Princess? Not saying it'll flock, but there will always be people say otherwise.

Quote:
Skyward Sword looks awesome.

I concur.

Quote:
Twilight Princess sucked.

As a standalone title, it rocked. But compared to other TLoZs, it's mediocre (much like comparing AAI to other AA titles).

Quote:
I myself was trying to start a Zelda topic, but oh well.

I was amazed there wasn't one (and was also amazed because there wasn't a Final Fantasy thread). :udgy:

Quote:
Anyways, I'm extremly exited about Skyward Sword like everyone else.

I'm even more excited it's coming for Christmas Eve, but I dunno if to get this, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, or Final Fantasy XIII-2. :yogi:

Quote:
^ I didn't think TP sucked......

Seeing as how I'm not very judgmental about video-games, I also didn't think it sucked, but it had some small flaws.

Quote:
Also, what do you guys think about Wind Waker?

Well it was my second TLoZ game (right after Ocarina of Time), and since I was a kid back then, I had lots of fun with it! ^^
A King

in name

alone...

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Can't wait for Skyward Sword...

And don't bag on Twilight Princess, Marche! It was fun swinging the sword on teh Wii!(especially if you're actually swinging while wearing a Link cosplay outfit!)

EDIT: As for my favorite LoZ, it has to be Majora's Mask. I love Zoras, and I loved being one. I think I like the Goron's final combo hit the most, though.

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

The Zelda Geek

I thought TP was great, but not because of the controls. (I have the GameCube version)

I just plain like it. The boss battles were great, gameplay was as good as always, it was quite long, and riding Epona was just plain awesome!! The puzzles were fun, the side quests were fun--!

..... Maybe its by Zelda geekiness talking and not me....:hobohodo2:

Edit:^ I love MM!! It's my second favorite in the series next to WW.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

I never played Wind Waker...

I never had a Gamecube... ):

I got a Wii!

I can't find a Wind Waker... ):

Call me Ishmael.

I simply didn't have fun playing TP. It's a deeply flawed game. If it wasn't Zelda, nobody would like it. Other than that, I like most games in the series... Spirit Tracks was pretty good, definitely one of the better games in the franchise from the last decade.

I really like the original because it's challenging but not too hard (like the sequel). Also, I picture it as post-apocalyptic. Everything's brown and there are almost no people around.

If I had to pick one favorite Zelda game, it'd be A Link to the Past or The Wind Waker, or either of the N64 games. Link's Awakening also deserves a mention. But yeah, Skyward Sword is shaping up to be pretty great.

Skyward Sword!! <3
I also didn't enjoy TP much, but I repect it as it's quite comparable to OoT.
As for my favourite, I'd think I'd have to say the Minish Cap. It's cutesy and fun, the plot is linear, but great, and Hyrule stays incredibly true to OoT.
Although, I did enjoy Spirit Tracks quite a lot...

The Zelda Geek

The Minish Cap...... I've only played it once, but only the first dungeon.
Man...... I hope Nintendo releases GBA games in the 3DS Virtual Console so I can play MC.

Apollon Flame

Quote:
It's a deeply flawed game.

Do you mind pointing out those flaws? Because I didn't see any (but that must be because I'm not very judgmental with games).

Quote:
I hope Nintendo releases GBA games in the 3DS Virtual Console so I can play MC.

There's a rumor going on about that, but I hope they re-release GBA games for the eShop. Lots of GBA games that're great (maybe the grand majority).
A King

in name

alone...

Call me Ishmael.

@ Scent: Bland bosses, almost no sidequests, Ganondorf being the main antagonist felt incredibly forced, unsatisfying ending, most items were only used in the dungeon where you got it from...

I'm allergic to the graphics as well.

Apollon Flame

Quote:
Bland bosses

Bland in what sense?

Quote:
almost no sidequests

I can agree with this.

Quote:
Ganondorf being the main antagonist felt incredibly forced

I didn't see it forced, persay, but random, like popup adds. We had a cinematic opening with a new villain conquering Hyrule, hours later, Ganondorf goes "TROLOLOLO IM DA BOSS!!!".

Quote:
unsatisfying ending

Unsatisfying in what sense? Link felled Ganon, Zelda helped him, Zant delivered the final blow, and Midna returned to her home (in normal form). I think it was one of the most impressive endings.

Quote:
most items were only used in the dungeon where you got it from...

This has been an issue in a lot of Zelda games.

Quote:
I'm allergic to the graphics as well.

What's wrong with them? I liked them, almost onpar with the NGC graphical DEMO.
A King

in name

alone...

My childhood right here

Yo, you'd better lay off Twilight Princess. LOL JK. I thought it was a great game. Much better than Wind Waker :/
Wind Waker felt like there was little actual CONTENT. I personally don't get why people say it's so fun and awesome. The same goddammed style happened in Castlevania II and y'all hate it so much. It was too much sailing, and too slow of a boat. Now, on storyline terms, it was damn good.
Spoiler: Some people *AABATTERY* never played it
You're a normal kid, just celebrating your birthday, when WHAM your sister's kidnapped. You join a bunch of pirates to find her, and make friends with them quickly. You find your sister, but she's at a fortress of death and despair. You sneak through it's defenses and find her. But before you can save her, the bird comes back and drags you to Ganondorf, evil manifested itself into this form. You're launched into the middle of the ocean, when a boat happens to come by and save you. When you wake up from unconsciousness, the boat starts talking to you. You find it a sail, and the two of you travel the seas, solving problem after problem, undoing the evil Gerudo's work. You defeat countless foes with new equipment, and find three sacred pearls. These pearls represent the three godesses who created the Triforce, which grants one wish to any who touch it. The pearls show the location of legendary Tower of the Gods, which you easily conquer, showing the oath to the ancient Hyrule, where you obtain the bane of evil, the Master Sword. You save your sister, and destroy the evil bird. You still can't defeat the evil man, but you go to the fabled land Hyrule, where you discover that the leader of the pirates is actually the Princess Zelda, and that your is actually the King of Hyrule. She stays in Hyrule so that Ganondorf can't find her. You then find the Triforce of Courage and activate the Master Sword's true power. You return to Hyrule to save Zelda, but Ganondorf found her and took her away to his new fortress in Hyrule. You go there to stop him, but eventually, you are beaten. Ganondorf takes your and Zelda's pieces of the Triforce to combine with his own. But before he can wish, the King of Hyrule steps in and wishes. You and Zelda wake up and defeat Ganondorf. But the whole time, Hyrule had been starting to flood. You turn Ganondorf to stone, and then you and Zelda float to the surface. You two continue adventuring, for the rest of your lives.

Call me Ishmael.

Look, it's been ages since I played TP, but I remember those are the reasons why I didn't like it.

My childhood right here

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Look, it's been ages since I played TP, but I remember those are the reasons why I didn't like it.

I played just last month and I can't remember a whole lot :P All I remember is "Hey, I'm riding Epona AND swinging my sword? I couldn't do this in OoT." and "Oooh. Gohma looks creeeepy with these new graphics." That's literally all I can remember of it.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Been working my way through OOT3D off and on the past month. Haven't played it in six, seven years, so I'm enjoying how much of it I've forgotten. For fun I've been messing around with the sequence; I managed to get halfway through the Water Temple before stepping foot in the Forest Temple. Deciding if I want to go back and finish the Water Temple before the Forest Temple once I get the bow.

On the topic of Twilight Princess... I've had it since I got my Wii, but I could never get into it. I think I beat two dungeons? Or something like that.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Personally, I've always loved the Zelda franchise more when they've "experimented" with the formula so to speak. My favorites in the series would have to be:

Link to the Past, it invented the true formula.
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker

Ocarina of Time is fun too, but to me, it always felt like a 3-D Link to the Past in some aspects. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy it though, it's a blast.

I will say this too. Wind Waker has aged so much better than Twilight Princess. I'm one of those who thought Twilight Princess was poor as well. To me, it was more of an answer to the fans who demanded a "realistic" Zelda. They didn't go outside the box on this game. Yeah, they had the wolf. There wasn't much difference in game play with that for me. 90% of the items (save for generic bombs and arrows) were only useful in their respective dungeons and maybe like one place outside of it. Spinner instantly comes to mind, and that item could have had so much potential. Bosses were predictable and
sad. They were fun to look at, but it really just came down to using the dungeon item to beat them. I know that's how Zelda usually rolls, but that's the thing. Nintendo played it safe with this game, didn't want to try anything new, and I feel they disappointed the fans. I know overall Japan's fans weren't too happy with this game. The game did have great music however, but it's Koji Kondo.

What'd I'd like to see in a Zelda game is some experimentation again, thinking outside the box. Like how they did with Majora's Mask. Derive from the same old formula for a bit and see what can come up. I love it when they do that.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

My childhood right here

dullahan1 wrote:
What'd I'd like to see in a Zelda game is some experimentation again, thinking outside the box. Like how they did with Majora's Mask. Derive from the same old formula for a bit and see what can come up. I love it when they do that.

Spoiler: CD-i games are never canon
Well, you can fly in Skyward Sword, and your partner is the MASTER SWORD.

Man, Skyward Sword is gonna rock.

The Zelda Geek

^ I agree.

If I've heard correctly, SS takes will use elements from various Zelda titles.

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Have to agree on the overall message portrayed- I think Twilight Princess is one of the weakest in the series (excluding the 3 CD-I titles). Having a realistic, dark tone was awesome and the idea itself was grand, but as I played it through, it just didn't feel like a Zelda game, in my opinion. I wasn't a fan of the controls either, though this seemed to occur on many Wii games that utilized both the remote and the nunchuk. I still think it's a good game, but not as good as many other Zelda titles.

To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of the very original Zelda on the NES either. I rather dislike using walkthroughs as they ruin the building atmosphere and robs me of the good feeling I get of beating the game as intended. Having said that, the original Zelda had tons and tons of cryptic things that just took forever to figure out. Once again, good game but I play it much less than the others.

Zelda II is one of my favourites. It introduces RPG elements like leveling up, special powers and random encounters, as well as being a side scroller. There are still many flaws in the game- cryptic parts are everywhere and that damned fight with Dark Link is near impossible without exploiting the corner crouch trick. Still, there is so much charm here and the fact that so many people hated it makes me love it that much more.

Link's Awakening was actually my first Zelda game, and trying not to be biased, I'll say it wasn't the strongest game. However, for the first portable Zelda game, it was impressive. The quest to collect the 8 instruments of the Wind Fish was just insane; the areas it took you to were just so atmospheric. One dungeon would be hidden near the beach while another would have you on the mountaintops.

Link to the Past is a masterpiece. Thinking back, I remember just how much content there was in the game. Puzzles were clever and the 16-bit graphics are still so wonderful to look at today. The massive list of usable items was also a wonderful addition.

Ocarina of Time, how marvelous. I recall having trouble adjusting into the 3D world of Zelda for the first time, but the characters were just so charming. The massive overworld combined with the fantastic soundtrack was simply magnificent. An epic quest that is just as good today, whether you play it on the N64 or the 3DS.

Majora's Mask was an oddity. Everything is dark and screwed up, and you faced quite the strange opponent. The inventory of masks that gave you specific powers was unique, and the overall experience was so twisted and hilarious that I'd say this game would match up with or even surpass Ocarina of Time. It all depends on your preference of atmosphere. Do you like a traditional epic quest, or would you rather trounce through a mind bending world?

Oracle of Seasons/Ages are the best portable Zelda games, in my opinion. Overall, I believe Seasons was much stronger in the way it presented itself, but Ages is still a strong game as the basic formula is cohesive to its counterpart. Seasons would provide you with the Rod of Seasons, which with numerous visits to Subrosia would grant you the power to change the seasons and alter nature. Ages used the Harp of Time, that you could utilize to travel through time and change the course of events in many situations. The part that made Seasons so charming were the visits to Subrosia. This place was a barren, lava-filled world where only the strange, hooded Subrosians resided, but there was much to do. Much like rupees, the Subrosians collected ore, which could be used in their special stores. There were also mini-games, quests, and the seasonal temples- each time the game required you to obtain a new season for the rod, you'd find a new portal into Subrosia that revealed more of the crazy world. Strong love for these two games.

Wind Waker. Let me tell you...damn. This game took steps forward like no other, bringing the charm and overall value of the game up to another level. The cel-shaded graphics definitely got many Zelda fanboys frightened at the start, but the way everything flows was just brilliant. The monotonous sailing is definitely its weakest link, but in all honesty I didn't even dislike it. With such a vast world full of colour, just staring into the distance while sailing was fun.

The Four Swords/Adventures - Aha, here's a game I like to judge as a separate entry. The ludicrous idea of having to own four of those stupid GBA-to-Gamecube adapters was so ridiculous that I'd bet almost nobody played this game with 4 players. Having played said game with another friend, I can say that the overall experience feels like a mini-game at best. You straggle through a few sub-worlds and fight Ganon in the end, but the overall experience felt shallow.

Finally, The Minish Cap. It was another fantastic portable Zelda game. I'd actually argue against a majority of Zelda fans that this series works so much better in the 2D plane, which just captures its simplicity and charm so well. The kinstones were a fun addition, and while nobody would probably go out of their way to completely fuse all of them, running across people and even animals who could fuse with you and open secret areas was just fun overall. Shrinking to Picori size was unique, and sometimes I would forget that ankle deep water is dangerous in this form. There were also a ton of crazy weapons like the Gust Jar that were exciting to use.

Overall impression of the series? They're really fun games and despite lots of people complaining about how they're the same games, the truth is that so many elements are played with in each new game that they don't feel like sequels or remakes at all. The new 3DS Ocarina of Time was really well made, and I'd say it's almost as charming as the original. Skyward Sword looks interesting as well, but I probably won't get it until I invest in a Wii U, and who knows when that'll be.
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

My name is Judge.

I disagree, I think Twilight Princess was one of the best Zelda games, and had it had more sidequests, would be the best. I think it gets a bum deal because of it's hasty and ham-handed port to the Wii. I've never played it on the Wii (GCN ALL THE WAY), but I found it to have a good story, touching characters, and one of the best dungeons and boss fights I've ever played (Aribiter's Grounds/Stallord). The graphics were the best out of any Zelda game I've played (and it looks better than Skyward Sword IMO), and yes, while it took the story in a different direction, it was still Zelda at heart.

To me though, my favorite game has to be Majora's Mask, the story line was epic, the villain had a better motive than, I'M EVIL AND I ALSO HAVE A HOBBY OF CONQUERING HYRULE, and while it could have been twice as long, the sidequests actually pad the game out nicely. I feel inclined to also mention WW. Wind Waker and I have a love hate relationship. I love it while playing it, but on reflection I don't see why. The graphics are an awful style that seem to fit almost as well with the series as the freaking CD-i games. The story, while having some amazingly epic and dark moments (the ending), ultimately feels rushed and disjointed (owing to the fact that the developer, for the first time in his career, heeded deadlines and made drastic cuts to the game to finish on time). The dungeons are bland and uninteresting, the characters are unlikable. My favorite parts about this game were the sidequests (Zunari's trading quest, exploration) and the variety of Island locales.

Well, if we're going with overall opinions on each game, may as well state mine since I got time to kill.

The Legend of Zelda- Honestly, this game never clicked with me. Like with what papermario said, it was too cryptic and I'm one of those who detests using a guide my first play through and finding things out on my own and this game just got to be too much for me. I suppose I'm one of the few haters on this one.

Zelda II: Adventure of Link: This game was great in so many ways, yet flawed and over the top difficult at times. Introduced some game mechanics, such as magic, that would become a staple, and to me, this was a great start with experimenting with the series. I liked the RPG elements and all, but some of the fights and navigating through some areas would get down right annoying. Still, it was overall enjoyable.

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past- Probably one, if not, my personal favorite of the series. It's a true and tried formula, but it was the one that established said formula by expanding on so much that the first one did. All the flaws and such I found with the first game were fixed and improved on beautifully. There was so much exploration, items were useful in more places than just their respective dungeons, and there was just so much to do and explore. The two worlds thing was a great addition too. This game has aged wonderfully despite its age.

Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening- Only got to play the DX version, but this game is fantastic for what it is. It has its charm, and I find it strangely addictive and surprisingly deep for being such a simple game. First Zelda that actually made me a bit teary-eyed at the end and connect with the characters.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- Like I said, it felt like Link to the Past 3-D, but in a good sense. For the first foray into 3-D, Nintendo did an outstanding job. Great exploration, many things to look at, fantastic controls, and engaging boss battles kept me entertained. It had a very interesting story and many memorable characters. It's not my favorite, but it's easy to see why it's so well loved.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask- The other black sheep next to Zelda II. This game, to me, defines successful experimentation with a franchise. I absolutely loved the take on the hero in particular. The other games, it was established you were going to be a hero and worked on building you up. Here, you're already the hero, you're confident, and in a moment, everything is taken away from you, you're left with nothing, and you're facing the destruction of the world with little or no hope. It's pretty dark and I love it because you're spending the game trying to find that hope you once had while trying to give hope to others as well. Majora was a great villain as well, I loved how the world's story unfolded with his involvement in the plot. Encounters with him weren't needed, you learned so much about him throughout the game that when you do finally have that final encounter with him, beating him feels so satisfying and this is one of the few games I have seen where a villain was absent for most of the game, and you still had motivation for wanting to take him down.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Season- Ages is clearly the best of the GBC Zeldas, including Link's Awakening, but I enjoyed Seasons just as much if not more. The linked game, to me, was a great hook to get gamers playing and I enjoyed Veran as a villain. Onox, not so much as he was very 1 dimensional, but he did have a pretty neat fight.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- I was iffy on this one at first, not for the graphics, but I was afraid it was going to feast off of Ocarina's success. I have to say it implemented the sequel greatly. To me, Wind Waker has the best battle mechanics up to this day in the series. I loved the parry features and it made each fight fun for me. I loved how the graphics were used to show so much emotion on the characters' faces. Don't tell me you don't get a kick whenever you stab a Moblin in the butt. The sailing never bothered me either, to me, staring out in the open sea was a wonderful sight and it was ingenious how they masked the loading times of each area to make the world feel so vast. Graphically, this game is still a spectacle to the eyes.

Legend of Zelda: FSA (GCN)- I was so glad to have siblings to play this with. It wasn't the best Zelda, but I had a lot of fun with it. One player feels lacking for me, but when played with multiple people, it's a blast. I would love torturing my siblings with the fire rod, or blowing them up with bombs, etc, we always had fun. Overall enjoyable if you got GBAs and cables and other people, which is hard to come by. My biggest complaint is this Zelda does feel a little inaccessible.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap- This game honestly feels underrated to me. It's very enjoyable and I loved the items it introduced to the series. I loved the Gust Jar and the Claws, and it was great to see Roc's Cape making a comeback. Some of the controls were a little skewed, particularly the rolling, but overall, I liked this game. Took me a while though to overcome the game stealing so many characters from WW and OoT and to see it for what it was. Had a good soundtrack too if I must say so. Hate Vaati as a villain though, he's very weak compared to the other villains.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- Played the GCN version, never touched the Wii one. To me, this is easily the weakest of the series, but I'll start with the good points. Graphically, it's appealing, the music is fantastic, the controls are great (though not as polished as WW), and it had some good ideas. I loved the Spinner item, favorite item in the series, but it is poorly underused. I liked the sword techniques in the game and loved how you could run and slash at the same time, but I missed my parry. It lacked so much exploration, which is what I feel Zelda thrives on, the Wolf gimmick didn't really "wow" me like some previous Zelda gimmicks have. The items, oh man, get through with the dungeon you got the item in and you never use it again. I hated looking at my inventory and seeing items I'd never use again. The spinner and Dominion Rod are two big examples. I hated all those cutscenes too, I swear I was playing Final Fantasy instead. The horseback controls were great though and again, the music was very pleasing. One thing that ticked me off too is how Zant is built up to be so menacing, then you meet him and he's a complete joke as a character. I just can't see why everyone loves this game though, to me, the negative outweighs the positive, and though I beat it once, I had a hard time feeling inspired to finish it. I can't see myself playing it again like I can with the other Zeldas.

THE DS GAMES- I felt stupid getting both of them. Hated the controls and everything. It would have been better if you had the option to use the control pad and I didn't care for the boat or train traveling. Aside from Linebeck, these games, I just couldn't get into them. And I tried so hard, but I'm not one to get real engrossed in touch controls and blowing and screaming in my mic. It's not my thing. There are few games where touch controls are fine, these games are not one of them.

Sorry for the long-winded stuff.

Got a question though. Any favorite boss fights? Mine personally are Goht from MM and Stallord from TP. I just love those battles where you're constantly chasing the foe at high speed to bring him down. It just feels more intense.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Nyaaaaan~ Moé Powers Go!

Hey, no problem- everyone's entitled to their own opinion and I can respect them. Just so everyone knows, I did play the Wii Twilight Princess one first, but didn't have a solid opinion until I played the Gamecube one.

I totally forgot about the DS games- I agree completely on Phantom Hourglass, what a waste. I do believe that Spirit Tracks was quite a fine game though, but maybe that was because of how much better than Phantom Hourglass it was. The "let's return to the same dungeon constantly and replay all the puzzles to get one step further each visit" idea was sooooooooooooo bad.

And favourite boss battles? Mine were Molgera from Wind Waker and Morpheel in Twilight Princess. Gotta mention the most frustrating boss ever- Gyorg from Majora's Mask. >.>
The dancing Sakura petals; only in such grace do we see the beauty of the world.
Lovely wife PandaPrinzessin, charismatic sons Meenyman and Romeo, and talented daughters Reiji and sparkleranger78.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

I agree to what dullahan says about the DS games. I haven't played Spirit Tracks (curse my mom for not finishing school!) so I can't say anything about that one, but I have Phantom Hourglass.

The first cutscene would be confusing to anybody who picks up the game without having played any LoZ games (due to the fact that in the beginning, Link is sailing with the pirates from WW) and really, when shit started to go down, I kinda thought "Why should I give a load about these guys?" (but then I remembered that Terra is Zelda, so yeah. Zelda newbies won't know anything about that, would they?

I found the hourglass thing to be kinda interesting. It kinda got my blood pumping having to get through the main dungeon within a certain amount of time. It was annoying that I had to face THE SAME PUZZLES OVER AND OVER AGAIN until I was able to find a place where I can teleport back to without having to see those puzzles again.

The thing I hated the most was sailing... It was hard enough that I would be attacked while I take in the scenery, but that merchant on the boat is so hard to find at 10pm (he has interesting stuff, and gold boat parts!) and when I do find him, I never have enough rupees!

Multiplayer was a bitch too! "Oh, sweet! We get to play with people around the world!" *japanese name shows up* "Hey! Maybe this person's from Japan. That's cool. Wait, didn't they have the game a year before we--" *game starts*
Japan: 100, U.S.: 0 "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--"
And the sad thing is that every opponent I faced was a japanese Zelda guru...

This one just pissed me off... Sadly, it started to play hide-n-seek, so I wasn't able to sell it >_>

EDIT: also, my favorite bosses are Argorok from Twilight Princess, and Goht from Majora's Mask. It was like I was racing him, except that I was hurting him when I pass him by...

My name is Judge.

Like I said before, my favorite boss fight was Stallord from TP, and also Bongo Bongo from OOT, I don't know why but his Boss Battle resonated with me for years, maybe it was the beat or something. *BOOMboomboomboomBOOMboomboomboom...*

The Zelda Geek

AABattery wrote:
Japan: 100, U.S.: 0 "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--"
And the sad thing is that every opponent I faced was a japanese Zelda guru...

Ain't that the truth. Everytime I faced a Japanesse player, the same two words came to my mind.
"I'm screwed."

Anyway, I'll give my least favorite boss battles. Gyord(self explanatory) , Diababa(to this day I still have trouble trying to get it's middle head to eat the danm bomb), ........ that's all I can think of.

Anway, time to talk about one of Zelda's greatest strengths, it's music.
For me, one of my favorite tracks is WW's credits theme.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

My favorite Zelda track is the song that the IndigoGos play when you beat the water temple, and the Deku Palace theme.

And my least favorite boss has got to be Armogohma. That thing messed with my brain, man! I couldn't get a midnight drink for a week because of it! IT JUST HAD TO DO THAT, DIDN'T IT?! Damn you, Armogohma.

The Zelda Geek

I love the Indigo-Go's song!!

R.I.P.
Mikau

Armogohma, huh? Yeah, it was pretty creepy. Especially in its second/true form were it looked even creepier, despite it being smaller.
Hmmm.... This whole talk of Armogohma remminds me of a comment I once saw on YouTube about Armogohma.
"This would be Ron Weasley's worst nightmare, and mine as well."

Apollon Flame

Fun fact: The Legend of Zelda series are more popular here on the West than in Japan, much like the other series (such as Golden Sun).
A King

in name

alone...

My childhood right here

I love Majora's Mask. I love the 3 day time limit (which would be, like, an hour in realtime). I love the boss battles. Goht was a fun boss (I still try to launch myself onto his back). The easter eggs were cool (The various band members played songs from the first Zelda). And I just love the madcap, time warping, physics fucking, secret tunneled world.
Also, Adventure of Link is one of my favorites. I loved being able to blast things with fire, being able to level up, and I liked the jumping.
Unfortunately, I've only played Zeldas 1 and 2, OoT, and MM on the Collectors Edition.
FUN FACT: Nintendo only used ROMS and crappy Emulators to make the Collector's Edition.

Apollon Flame

Also, a Sweden (I think) retailer listed "The Legend of Paper Zelda". Discuss?
A King

in name

alone...

My name is Judge.

Hrnnngh my favorite Zelda tracks? That's a hard one.

Probably the Gerudo Song from OOT, Dragon Roost Isle from WW, and that part of Diababa's boss song that plays every time you down a boss to deal some damage in TP.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Hey! Does anyone remember this?

Apollon Flame

AABattery wrote:

Oh lol nice find there. :keiko:
A King

in name

alone...

The Zelda Geek

AABattery wrote:

What the heck was THAT?!?!

Apollon Flame

ToonBlade wrote:
AABattery wrote:

More like; Where is purple LINK?!?!
A King

in name

alone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHxR92jezck
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Scent wrote:
ToonBlade wrote:
AABattery wrote:

More like; Where is purple LINK?!?!

Can't you tell? Look at the green Link's face.

And that was an awesome link... Thanks, dullahan.

Page 1 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station