Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)

Page 2 of 5[ 193 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Re: I just want to know one thing (AAI2 Edition)Topic%20Title

Hello

Can anyone tell me what happened at the end credits? Where the people talk during the credits. I wanna know what they said.

And can anyone also tell me what really happened at the epilogue (after credits)?
Sig made by Blue Spruce!

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I've only just met Shimon, but he's kind of an arrogant little shit, lol. Typical "you're all old and not worth my time" teenager.

Also spotted a particular cameo:

Spoiler: cameo
In case 5, if you examine near the traffic cones in the first investigation area, you can see Phoenix and Maya peering up at the Big Tower. Edgeworth doesn't call attention to them, though.

ImageImage

Beautiful flower

Croik wrote:
I've only just met Shimon, but he's kind of an arrogant little shit, lol. Typical "you're all old and not worth my time" teenager.

But he's a darling! :larry: *Shot*

Croik wrote:
Also spotted a particular cameo:

Spoiler: cameo
In case 5, if you examine near the traffic cones in the first investigation area, you can see Phoenix and Maya peering up at the Big Tower. Edgeworth doesn't call attention to them, though.

Aww. Once again, they got turned into backgrounds... :acro:

A question:
Spoiler: GK2 Returning character
If I recall correctly, Penny appears in this case. What is she like? Is there any notable differences between her past and present self?

I'm most active on my tumblr.
Visit my Sprite edit thread

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I don't want to check (for obvious reasons really :P).. but
Spoiler:
seeing as De Killer makes a comeback.. is there any mention of Matt Engarde? Whether he's alive or dead?

Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

I wish I WERE the best.

Shimon is basically a fanboy of Borumosu. He's pretty "I don't give a damn" most of the time but I'm wondering if he secretly has a soft side.

I don't think De Killer mentions Engarde since he's in prison.

And here's a hint: De Killer goes after people who betrayed him.

Just a random passerby

I've got a question.

Spoiler: Case 5
I'm a little confused about the SS-5 Incident. What exactly happened?

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Shimon is basically a fanboy of Borumosu. He's pretty "I don't give a damn" most of the time but I'm wondering if he secretly has a soft side.

I don't think De Killer mentions Engarde since he's in prison.

And here's a hint: De Killer goes after people who betrayed him.

Yeah but, didn't De Killer say something in JFA about not doing anything else until the one who betrayed him was dead? That's why I assume that he is dead at this point, seeing as De Killer seems to be involved in other things now?
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

nuuuuu, stoooooop

I haven't seen THAT CHARACTER make mention of THAT OTHER CHARACTER but I know he shows up at least one more time before the end, so I'll let you know.

Spoiler: "returning character"
Penny is pretty much the same from what I remember of her. Her speech bubble, rather than having her name, just says "staff," like in the first game.

I'm moving kinda slowly through this case 'cause I'm doing most of my playing during lunch breaks at work, but I'm still going!

Spoiler: case 5
I'm right the point where Edgeworth chesses Mikagami into admitting that Shimon is her...son?? I'm not sure that math works out, lol.

ImageImage

Beautiful flower

Croik wrote:
I haven't seen THAT CHARACTER make mention of THAT OTHER CHARACTER but I know he shows up at least one more time before the end, so I'll let you know.

Spoiler: "returning character"
Penny is pretty much the same from what I remember of her. Her speech bubble, rather than having her name, just says "staff," like in the first game.

Aiyah, I thought that person would have a great comeback, I'm kinda disappointed :igarashi: . Still, thanks for the info Croik.

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler: FINAL BOSS SPOILERS!!!!
What was Souta arguing about in his first testimony?

Mostly human

Spoiler: minor case 5 cameo spoilers
What kind of role is Will Powers playing in this Moozilla production? Given his previous bad luck in acting roles I'm going to guess he's playing the monster itself but I just wanted to make sure.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Nose wrote:
What kind of role is Will Powers playing in this Moozilla production? Given his previous bad luck in acting roles I'm going to guess he's playing the monster itself but I just wanted to make sure.

Yes, you're right, he is.

Also Moozilla is the best localization for Borunasu so far, I think we should make that official!!
ImageImage

GOD! MY! OH!

Nose wrote:

yea, he's in the costume
AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler: FINAL BOSS SPOILERS!!!!
What was Souta arguing about in his first testimony?

Spoiler: first testimony
first he testifies about the balloon, he says he was flying the balloon around big tower for publicity a few days ago and then that he carried it around in the blue truck, Edgeworth had seen presented the truck because he had seen it that day parked in front of the tower, then Lang and Skye come with the balloon, which indeed was in the truck; Souta then asks for evidence it was there, so to prove it, he presented his own fingerprints because he touched the truck, thereby proving the truck was there that day
a balloon was spotted when Kay was kidnapped, then a blue truck when Shimon got kidnapped, and to tie these together he presented the hypnotic, both of them were drugged (the bottle being in the warehouse refrigerator and traces on Faraday's clohtes)
still needing more evidence to prove the identity of the mastermind, so he presented the paper chess communication - the mastermind served as a mediator in the chess between Naito and Ryoken and he was making his own secret moves; but there was no evidence, until Mirika interjected - that morning came a letter addressed to the circus (for Souta) from Manosuke, although he was already dead, it was sent on March 26, so the day before he died (letters often arrive late at the circus) - the letter was to be translated to braille and sent to Ryoken
so Souta was also behind the killing of Naito, Kay said she thought they were childhood friends so he talks about their relationships, said how he thought he was his friend until 18 years ago, he mentions how he was supposed to help his father with the taste but Naito (by his father's instruction) bound him and pushed him into a car where they almost froze to death, and that he lost his father (Isaku, the victim of IS7) because of it, being killed by Naito's father
Edgeworth realizes that there was a mistake - he presents the evidence that would show who Isaku's real son was - Naito's belongings; among them there was a ring marked "PH" - Paul Holic, Isaku's real name, and the ring was returned the original family after the incident - that being Manosuke - and the whole time he was wearing this ring
Souta was shocked by the truth, he says how he didn't want to be a weak person to get killed like his father and wanted to be like Ryoken, yet his father was actually the murderer... but then he just laughs it off and finally admits that indeed, he was the mastermind
he says how he witnessed the incident 12 years ago at the orphanage, how he was ever thereafter interrogated by Mari, he had to bear the harsh every day, until he eventually escaped and became a circus performer, he says how everything was manipulated, how the fake got to rule Zheng Fa, and Mari, the only suspect got away scot-free because of Bansai and the same would happene in court again that day, so he kidnapped Shimon to intimidate Mikagami, trying to get Mari pronounced guilty (but Bansai did the same and itimidated Mikagami to do otherwise, although his underlings kidnapped the wrong boy, Yumihiko), then how he manipulated Kagome with the letters, knowing that Bansai would kill her and then had Kay accused knowing that it would lead back to Bansai, also he says he suggested the assassination plan to Naito, which then got him into prison, and finally in there, he created a connection between Naito and Ryoken, knowing that it would get him killed (he put Ryoken's chisel into the chessboard, which then Marie foun) and Mari would get arrested
however,he concludes that he himself never killed anyone, and there's no evidence that ties him to the murder (cue second testimony)

rydus65 wrote:
I've got a question.

I'm a little confused about the SS-5 Incident. What exactly happened?

from what I understand
Spoiler: SS-5
SS-5 incident, as known to the public, refers to how the president of Zheng Fa got kidnapped, the kidnappers wanted 100 billion yen, they got it and the president got back unharmed and the death of a reporter who was at the place
however,in reality the president just went to the orphanage(same as the one where Souta was) to see a woman who worked there,Shimon's mother - him being the father, he wanted to see him and brought him a Borumosu doll (the first movie came out that year), the president's body double and his underlings, Bansai (a prosecutor) and Mari (the director of the orphanage at the time) knew about this, so they installed a listening device in the doll and hired an assassin (Ryoken) to kill the real president, who was supposed to be at the Zheng Fa embassy, so he had the double there instead (who then staged his own kidnapping)
real president got killed in front of the orphanage(never got to see his waifu, begged Ryoken to see his son at least but he just cut him up), then they wanted to betray Ryoken too but Souta saved him and lead him to safety (because Ryoken saved him in the freezing car back then in IS7), the double came to the orphanage himself as part of the 'kidnapping', there they removed the real president's body, some of the tracks were erased by the fire lit by Souta and a reporter witnessed the scene so Bansai hit his head from behind with a brick, then they placed his corpse where the president died (and gave him his shoes which were a number too big, but hey,can't have everything, right?), and they erased all the photos in his camera and Mari made a fake one from a different angle whith the double and Bansai in the trenchcoat pointing a gun at him, to take away suspicion that the kidnapping had something to do with the orphanage, and finally the double would pretend to be the real president, being released after the kidnappers got the money
later the casea was investigated by Lang's father (or grandfather, I don't remember), he knew there was something fishy about it and he found Souta's drawing of the incident
the only suspect was Mari but Bansai was the prosecutor in the charge of the case, he manipulated the president's blood with the reporter's, Mari got acquited and Bansai blamed Lang for it
so as a result the body double now was the president of a country, Mari became the director of the prison and jail and all three of them got lots of dosh from the kidnapping; on the other side Souta sworn that he would take revenge for what they did, he followed Ryoken's footsteps and the Lang name got ruined (oh and Tsubasa Kagome got suspicios of Bansai because the reported got bricked right in the middle of leaving a message to her recorder, he didn't know that the president got killed but he told her Bansai was involved in the kidnapping)

or thats how I remember it at least

Beautiful flower

^That isn't exactly one thing... but thanks. :udgy:

Croik wrote:
---
Also Moozilla is the best localization for Borunasu so far, I think we should make that official!!

Agreed. :edgy:

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Oh Logic Chess. I hate you but sometimes you amuse me. Like when my choices are:

1. "I'd like to hear what you have to say."
2. "YOU ARE A FAILURE OF A HUMAN BEING!!"

Gee, I wonder which one will work! :keiko:
ImageImage

GOD! MY! OH!

yeah I know what you mean, they could put more effort into it but I still like the concept

a few changes and it would make a gerat persuasion system usable in other games too,one of the few ideas with some actual gameplay in constrast to the typical you have enough stat-you can convince that is often in RPGs
the only other good example is the recent Human Revolution game but that's off topic...

nuuuuu, stoooooop

It kind of reminds me of Hotel Dusk's interrogation sections, except with stupider options.

I wish they hadn't called it "chess" either. Maybe this is getting really picky, but chess isn't just about your opponent's pieces, it's protecting your own pieces, too. Instead of just taking damage in the normal way, they should have had one of Edgeworth's pieces get taken or something. It's the same thing essentially, but I feel like it would at least justify the name.
ImageImage

What is my liiiife?!?

The chess theme does help us in that it means we can use punny chess names. So that's a plus :3

I wish I WERE the best.

Remember that Logic Chess is all in Edgeworth's head. When other people are watching, it's just him asking questions. That includes the opponent (I wonder how it would be like if Edgeworth went up against Manosuke Naitou...) sand besides that, I think that all of his opponents were playing on the defensive side.

Spoiler: FINAL BOSS SPOILERS
During the confrontation against Souta, there was a flashback with Souta talking to Naitou during his time in jail. What was that conversation about?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Remember that Logic Chess is all in Edgeworth's head. When other people are watching, it's just him asking questions. That includes the opponent (I wonder how it would be like if Edgeworth went up against Manosuke Naitou...) sand besides that, I think that all of his opponents were playing on the defensive side.

Well yeah, it wouldn't make an ACTUAL difference to anything, but they could have been playing with Monopoly money and it would have been the same thing. Asking questions and losing life when you screw up is the same thing Edgeworth always does; the chess metaphor is extremely flimsy.

But phew, I finally beat the game!! I'll probably write up a review tonight or tomorrow. In the meantime, questions~

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler: FINAL BOSS SPOILERS
During the confrontation against Souta, there was a flashback with Souta talking to Naitou during his time in jail. What was that conversation about?

Manosuke thanks Souta for visiting him, showing that he thought the two of them were still friends (and was wrong...!). Souta told him that he put something "special" in the chess case he brought, which turns out to be the chisel that gets Manosuke killed.

Spoiler: End credits and afterscene
The credits don't offer anything you couldn't have guessed... Lotta and Mikiko talk about going after their next big scoop, de Killer decides to keep selling ice cream between jobs, Yumihiko ponders a new nickname now that he's over his "first class" phase, etc. Then, back in Edgeworth's office, Edgeworth thinks some more about continuing as a prosecutor. Kay admits that after seeing Edgeworth's struggle she's no longer adamant about following in her father's footsteps. She wants to keep the name Yatagarasu, but just like Edgeworth, wants to become a "hero" in her own way, rather than simply living for the past. But then she goes back to talking about needing 3 people for her team, and Gumshoe points out that the three of them together can already solve any case.

Spoiler: Endgame speculation
The one thing that really caught my attention in the ending was Edgeworth saying that there are still limits and loopholes in the law, "contradictions" that need to be fixed, even if it means taking on the system. I can't help but think it's a reference to the jurist system, and Edgeworth's possible involvement. But that and the coliseum are pretty much the only references to AJ that I spotted in the game, so it's hard to be hopeful that they'll really go there.

ImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

Spoiler: Re: Endgame speculation
Well, Eshiro has offered to work on a GS5 if Takumi said it was okay, so maybe he is trying to seed a little bit of AJ mythos in there for a possible future project. The only downside I see to that is that it probably means Edgeworth would play a decently large role in GS5 and drag us even further away from Apollo actually being the main character.

Still, one can hope. It's just a shame that the 10th anniversary site is all filled up with projects now, or I'd almost half-expect a GS5 tease or announcement at TGS this year. They've got to get around to it sometime, right? Right? :sadshoe:

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich

Does Payne make an appearance?
fuck

元・超会社員級の管理人

Yes, he's in case one in a small role.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

GOD! MY! OH!

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Remember that Logic Chess is all in Edgeworth's head. When other people are watching, it's just him asking questions.

dunno why but this gave me the image of Edgeworth as a psycho living in his own dream world, shouting CHECKMATE everytime someone tells him what he needed to hear :gant:
also reminds me of the AAI comic strip where he was sitting in an empty corner and investigating it and when Kay tried to pointed it out he shouted NOOK AND CRANNY

1000% Knight

Spoiler: case 3
So there was this one aspect of case 3 I didn't really get...

At the beginning of the first section in the present, when Edgey and Shigaraki are talking about the case, Edgey mentions Tenkai's charge, and Shigaraki is like "...Huh? But he was charged as a accomplice/murderer." (I forget which one Edgey said and which one Shigaraki said.) They said something about von Karma changing it or something...?

Then in the final confrontation in that final present, I think there was a moral dilemma or something, cuz Edgey was like "Can I really do it...?" and there was an option to object or not (and then Edgey used the accomplice thing to take down Kazami)

And finally in the last scene in the detention center, after Tenkai leaves (iirc) Edgey apologizes to Shigaraki for using the file, and then Shigaraki apologizes to Edgey for... something.

And... I just didn't really get what was going on with all of that ^^'

EDIT:
Spoiler: case 3
Also why did Kazami try to open the Gemini statue again?

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Call me Ishmael.

Spoiler:
Do we ever get to see what Lang's father looks like? I hear he has a role in the game.

Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247

Mostly human

Marche Tobaye wrote:
Spoiler:
Do we ever get to see what Lang's father looks like? I hear he has a role in the game.

Spoiler:
Yes, we see what he looks like in a screenshot near the end of the game.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Spoiler: Case 3
Kazami tried to break into the statue so that he could get Hyoudou's body, which he assumed was still in there even after so many years.

I don't exactly remember how the accomplice thing worked... I think that in order to extend the statute of limitations far enough that they could get Kazami for the murder, they had to consider Tenkai an accomplice. So they were never really able to clear Tenkai's name entirely.

ImageImage

gumption

I have a few questions.

Firstly, why is Kay back!? I mean, obviously Kay would be in the sequel of AAI, but I just want to know what she's doing back. Like, how her character was introduced in GK2 case 1, since I thought she sorta said goodbye at the end of AAI? Is she never returning home!?

Spoiler: Pretty sure this isn't a spoiler but..
And what the hell's the deal with Ema? What's her role in this game? I just know she has a bigger role in GK2 than her pathetic cameo in AAI. And exactly how long is her spring break!?

Also, how would you people compare this game to AAI? Better, worse? And the new characters all look... pretty eccentric, to say the least. Are they great characters, annoying, poorly developed...? I know that when it comes to characters, everyone's opinions are different, but I just want to have some people's take on these new characters. Especially some of the main characters, such as Yumihiko (who is apparently annoying and stupid..? But does he develop or something during the Grand Turnabout?), the female judge lady, and Shigaraki.

Spoiler: Kind of a spoiler?
Which case is Larry Butz in? And did he return to being Laurice Deauxnim?

Also, why do so many Japanese sites and stuff have all these Kay/Yumihiko fanart and stuff? Is there dialogue in the game that instigated the support for this pairing or do people just think they look cute together or something? :yuusaku: Their mouth shapes are similar, that's all I can see...

Spoiler: GK2 Case 4.. I think.
So I read something on the wiki about how Franziska sympathized with Yumihiko or something when he found out that his father not only hated him, but was also a criminal. What exactly did she say...? I presume that she only talked about the "father being a criminal part" since the games still never really told us much about Franziska and Manfred's relationship, despite some interactions in AAI-4. But did this sympathizing thing tell us any more about how Franziska relates to Manfred? And this is also sort of the first time she talks about her dad's crimes, isn't it?

How big are Franziska's and Lang's roles in GK2?

Okay, sorry for all the random questions (and they're all pretty useless too..) but I've been wondering about all this for quite a while...
"The witness will refrain from wonton winking!"

My fan fiction

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Pikachu wrote:
I have a few questions.

Firstly, why is Kay back!? I mean, obviously Kay would be in the sequel of AAI, but I just want to know what she's doing back. Like, how her character was introduced in GK2 case 1, since I thought she sorta said goodbye at the end of AAI? Is she never returning home!?

She just...is? She shows up in case 1 because she hears about the goings on, still on her "I'll be Yatagarasu" kick. No mention of home.

Pikachu wrote:
Spoiler: Pretty sure this isn't a spoiler but..
And what the hell's the deal with Ema? What's her role in this game? I just know she has a bigger role in GK2 than her pathetic cameo in AAI. And exactly how long is her spring break!?

Her role is pretty much exactly the same as in the last game.

Pikachu wrote:
Also, how would you people compare this game to AAI? Better, worse? And the new characters all look... pretty eccentric, to say the least. Are they great characters, annoying, poorly developed...? I know that when it comes to characters, everyone's opinions are different, but I just want to have some people's take on these new characters. Especially some of the main characters, such as Yumihiko (who is apparently annoying and stupid..? But does he develop or something during the Grand Turnabout?), the female judge lady, and Shigaraki.

It's hard for me to judge the games side by side, because I found all the cases to be kind of a mixed bag. There isn't really a case in AAI2 that I really got into or am super eager to play again. They felt long and in some places kind of disconnected to me, like they're trying to play to drama, but Edgeworth as a protagonist is so unflappable it's hard to get any true sense of urgency out of them. They spend a lot of time on Edgeworth learning what it really means to be a prosecutor when they've already gone over that in earlier games, and what he really should be worried about is what it means to be a prosecutor in the most corrupted legal system in the world, seriously!

As for the characters, in general I wasn't impressed with most of them. I found Mikagami and Yumihiko to be poor rivals; the game needs them to be dumb, but sometimes they're just SO dumb it makes you wonder how anything gets done in the city ever. Yumihiko develops somewhat by the end, I did like him more at the end, I think it'd be interesting to see him "all grown up." Mikagami on the other hand I never warmed up to. Most of the side characters suffer the same problem as in the first game, where they don't get enough focus on them to make a real impact. One in particular is hugely important to the plot but I can't even remember if he had a name...? But they're likable enough. My favorites are Naitou, Souta, and Ryouken. Shigaraki was also neat but very underutilized.

Pikachu wrote:
Spoiler: Kind of a spoiler?
Which case is Larry Butz in? And did he return to being Laurice Deauxnim?

3, and yes.

Pikachu wrote:
Also, why do so many Japanese sites and stuff have all these Kay/Yumihiko fanart and stuff? Is there dialogue in the game that instigated the support for this pairing or do people just think they look cute together or something? :yuusaku: Their mouth shapes are similar, that's all I can see...

I can't think of anything in particular, short of the fact that he's the rival (sort of?) and Kay stands with Edgeworth opposed to him. They don't really share any special moment. But they are the same age...?? And he seems to be popular, so why not?

Pikachu wrote:
Spoiler: GK2 Case 4.. I think.
So I read something on the wiki about how Franziska sympathized with Yumihiko or something when he found out that his father not only hated him, but was also a criminal. What exactly did she say...? I presume that she only talked about the "father being a criminal part" since the games still never really told us much about Franziska and Manfred's relationship, despite some interactions in AAI-4. But did this sympathizing thing tell us any more about how Franziska relates to Manfred? And this is also sort of the first time she talks about her dad's crimes, isn't it?

It's pretty brief, and she doesn't really go into it. I think it was along the lines of "I know how hard it is to oppose your father," when Yumihiko jumped up in court. Franziska's not in case 3 where they do the most talking about Manfred so unfortunately they don't expand much on their relationship.

Pikachu wrote:
How big are Franziska's and Lang's roles in GK2?

Franziska's is fairly minor. She shows up in two cases and is pretty much there just to get things done when Edgeworth isn't able to. Lang's significance in his case is pretty major and we get to learn a lot more about him, but I wish that he had been able to actually accomplish more.

Phew! I really should just write up a proper review.
ImageImage

gumption

Thanks for answering all those questions! :will: Pretty much what I expected, but still I hoped.. Yeah, I really didn't expect much from GK2 when I found out they were going down the 'Edgeworth discovering the meaning of being a prosecutor' road AGAIN.

Croik wrote:
and what he really should be worried about is what it means to be a prosecutor in the most corrupted legal system in the world, seriously!

Ahahahaha XD Yes, he really should.

I'd definitely read the review if you write it. I'm still obsessing over GK2, despite the fact that I don't feel very impressed by what I've heard about it so far..
"The witness will refrain from wonton winking!"

My fan fiction

GOD! MY! OH!

Croik wrote:
It's hard for me to judge the games side by side, because I found all the cases to be kind of a mixed bag. There isn't really a case in AAI2 that I really got into or am super eager to play again. They felt long and in some places kind of disconnected to me, like they're trying to play to drama, but Edgeworth as a protagonist is so unflappable it's hard to get any true sense of urgency out of them. They spend a lot of time on Edgeworth learning what it really means to be a prosecutor when they've already gone over that in earlier games, and what he really should be worried about is what it means to be a prosecutor in the most corrupted legal system in the world, seriously!

As for the characters, in general I wasn't impressed with most of them. I found Mikagami and Yumihiko to be poor rivals; the game needs them to be dumb, but sometimes they're just SO dumb it makes you wonder how anything gets done in the city ever. Yumihiko develops somewhat by the end, I did like him more at the end, I think it'd be interesting to see him "all grown up." Mikagami on the other hand I never warmed up to. Most of the side characters suffer the same problem as in the first game, where they don't get enough focus on them to make a real impact. One in particular is hugely important to the plot but I can't even remember if he had a name...? But they're likable enough. My favorites are Naitou, Souta, and Ryouken. Shigaraki was also neat but very underutilized.

this exactly - Naito, Souta, Shigaraki and Ryouken were the best for me too, they're like Badd/Yew/Lang/Kay (okay, YMMV on the last one) being the most likable from AAI.
Spoiler:
Except that I don't know what underutilized means. :meekins:

and Mikagami was the worst major new character for sure
my least favorite part was funnily enough the third case and the whole IS-7(am I the only one who thinks it should have been IS-5?) with Gregory,I dunno, I don't like retconning much and the whole case was too ...fruity
and again, just like in AAI,imo the fourth case was better than the fifth(but by a smaller margin now,it did kind of improve), so the 4th was my favorite probably and on the whole, AAI2's first case was the best addition to the series as a whole,because its the best first case (better than AJ's imo)

Sorry, can I ask if Shih-na is ever mentioned in the game?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

dancingpoppies wrote:

Nope, not that I recall.

Underutilized = I wish Shigaraki had had more to do. He was really important in case 3, and they were positioning him to be an important character and friend to Edgeworth, but in cases 4 and 5 he just kind of hung around and didn't contribute much.
ImageImage

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Croik wrote:
dancingpoppies wrote:

Nope, not that I recall.

Underutilized = I wish Shigaraki had had more to do. He was really important in case 3, and they were positioning him to be an important character and friend to Edgeworth, but in cases 4 and 5 he just kind of hung around and didn't contribute much.

So Shigaraki's like GS3's Mia Fey? Built up to be important, but ultimately a major let down.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Wooster wrote:
Croik wrote:

So Shigaraki's like GS3's Mia Fey? Built up to be important, but ultimately a major let down.

I wouldn't say a "major" letdown, as Shigaraki was fun and likeable (and I don't like GS3's Mia :P) but I was disappointed that by case 5 he was demoted to making passes at Franziska while the important stuff went on elsewhere. Though...I have to admit I was kind of pissed about his lawyering abilities.

In case 5 he more or less betrays his client and helps to get her sent to prison. It's a special circumstance in that he KNOWS she's guilty, and he was kind of assigned to the case rather than chose it, but still, that kind of behavior would get you disbarred in the real world. I'm a little sick of this fantasy world where all defense attorneys are saints who only ever defend the innocent, or else are evil.

ImageImage

GOD! MY! OH!

Croik wrote:
dancingpoppies wrote:

Nope, not that I recall.

if it's any consolation, her perfume is in case 4

Croik wrote:

oh I see, thanks

Croik wrote:
In case 5 he more or less betrays his client and helps to get her sent to prison. It's a special circumstance in that he KNOWS she's guilty, and he was kind of assigned to the case rather than chose it, but still, that kind of behavior would get you disbarred in the real world. I'm a little sick of this fantasy world where all defense attorneys are saints who only ever defend the innocent, or else are evil.

I know what you mean, I mean, sure it wouldnt work in ace attorney, but I wish someone made a more realistic attorney game, preferably where you wont have to investage too(because lawyers don't do that), more grimdark and gray and gray morality
kind of like the trials in The Wire
with graphics (in terms of facial features when talking) like in Human Revolutions

..yeah well I can keep dreaming

oh yes and effective detectives too(by the way, in real life, it is extremely easy to get even an innocent man to confess he's guilty; yes, basically a typical police investigator is better at false confessions than Von Karma himself)

bignickdigger wrote:
Croik wrote:
dancingpoppies wrote:

Nope, not that I recall.

if it's any consolation, her perfume is in case 4

Oh thanks for answering my question! :pearl: I was kinda hoping that there would be backstory about Lang and Shih-Na! Oh well, too bad :udgy:

Surf's Up!

Which previously seen characters appear in this game, with the exception of Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Kay, Franziska and Shi-Long Lang (as no doubt he'll crop up at some point)?

NinjaMonkey wrote:
Which previously seen characters appear in this game, with the exception of Edgeworth, Gumshoe, Kay, Franziska and Shi-Long Lang (as no doubt he'll crop up at some point)?

The previously seen characters in AAI2 are:
Spoiler:
Shelly de Killer,
Frank Sawhit,
Regina Berry,
Gregory Edgeworth,
Tyrell Badd,
Manfred Von Karma,
Larry Butz,
Lotta Hart,
Penny Nichols,
and Will Powers.

I believe that's all of them, although there may be some I missed.
Page 2 of 5 [ 193 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby » Gourdzilla's Lair (GK2)