Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 5 of 15[ 569 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Re: 999: Nine Hours - Nine Persons - Nine DoorsTopic%20Title

...Hopefully someday... xD

Sophie Trite wrote:
The only regret I have is not preordering it, and therefore not being in possession of a replica watch. :larry:

Yeah...I know what ya mean...
I wish I've never read of those things anywhere... :lotta:
ImageImageImageImage

Jack Lamber wrote:
You mean the real ending? If so, then let's just say that I loved the game so much up until that point and then it just went from an awesome game to a game that totally took over my thoughts for days and made me thirst for more games that was similar to it. (Unfortunatly, there aren't really any games like it out there). The real ending does answer most of the questions, but given that the game features so many theories and so much character development (you should have noticed this by now :P), there will be a few things that you will be wondering about when the game ends. Fortunatly, the creator of the game made a Q&A section that answers most of these questions.

Are you still going for the knife ending or have you moved on? :phoenix:

Good to know. I shall be reading that Q&A when I'm done :)

I've just got the knife ending now. I've started again and moving onto the safe ending! Knife ending was OK, similar to the axe I thought.

@Sophie Trite: That would have been cool to own, but if would have been even cooler
Spoiler:
if the watch responded to the password :phoenix:

@samboo1: you could try to see if you can figure out how to get the true ending on your own when that time comes :) seeing as it is the last one, you can't risk getting an unwanted ending before it, as you already know of all the other endings at this point. Also, you should be able to figure out how to get it with some clever thought :)
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

Spoiler:
The corpse in the shower room isn't Snake?!!? *Maya style jaw drop* Now...where is he?!

...Hopefully someday... xD

samboo1 wrote:
Spoiler:
The corpse in the shower room isn't Snake?!!? *Maya style jaw drop* Now...where is he?!

I'm not gonna tell, but still gonna mark this as spoiler j.i.c :D
Spoiler:
Let's just say that he is...kinda in position of a dead man. :jake:
You'll get it soon enough.

ImageImageImageImage

Spoiler: Zinle
Be careful that you don't make it too obvious :shoe:

I know what you mean now haha.
Spoiler:
Such a shame, I really like Snake.

Safe ending done! That was such an awesome ending! Now onto the True one...!

Wow, you're fast :O!
Any new theories after the recent revelations :phoenix: ?

Jack Lamber wrote:
Wow, you're fast :O!
Any new theories after the recent revelations :phoenix: ?

I have literally spent all of my day, lying in bed just playing on it. Too addictive to put down!

I actually don't have many more theories. I'm confused because the last ending seemed to answer a lot, and all that is left is to find out who Zero is, and I'm literally clueless about that. I'll have to wait and see!

OBJECTION!

I just thought:
Samb001 unsafe:

Spoiler:
June is Zero, right? But the FAQ said that Santa's bracelet was an upside down E (for Empty) and June's was an upside down 6, so did they swap the bracelets around?
IMO Santa was the one who actually dressed up as Zero?
I have to say I felt I'd been punched in the stomach when I found that out - all that time, your childhood sweetheart and friend was Zero :O

But
Spoiler:
the safe ending is really, really sad :(

Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Indeed. Tears came into my eyes on the safe ending.

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I was crying at the part (Knife/Sub) when Junpei calls June "Kanny" and she says she was very happy to see him again... :(

@grim_tales
MASSIVE SPOILERS! - not safe for you samboo:
Spoiler:
I actually told my theory about this in the 999 thread back in the old forum. Here's a copy/paste of it:
June had the 9 (6) and Santa had the zero (Empty). I actually think that the reason that the password is 129450789/9 and not 120459789/9 is because the latter then would be 13384421. And since some of the digits next to each other are the same (33 and 44), that would be confusing when it would play the bracelet anymation. (Understand what I mean? It would look like as if there would be only a single 3 and a single 4).

What I am basically saying is that even though June is zero, Santa would have to be the one with the zero bracelet, or else the password wouldn't work out. You know.. the password to the safe is supposed to be all of the real bracelet digits divided with 9, right?
Ah.. it's hard to explain.. just think about it the simple way: Santa's digit had to be 0, and June's had to be 9 for everything to add up... even though June is the real Zero. Also, I'm not sure if it was confirmed but yes, I am pretty sure Santa was the one who kidnapped everyone. I think he loved his sister too much to risk her getting a beating if the kidnapping didn't go as planned :P

Finished it just now! That was...EPIC.

Spoiler:
Never knew I could cry whilst playing Sudoku...seeing crying Akane at the bottom was just so sad!
Really glad I played it in the order that I did, and left the best until last.
The safe ending was also really good, seeing Snake go all bad ass was awesome, and sad at the same time.

This has definitely become one of my favourite games now.

Aaaaand you changed your avatar :larry2: haha, awesome :redd:
I am glad you enjoyed it :)
Spoiler:
And yeah, that sudoku part really was something. The whole true ending really blew my mind, as I am sure it blew yours too. Did you see any of the things coming? And have you read the Q&A yet?

Also, if you want more, try to look for a game called Ever17. The guy who made 999 made that one as well, and even if it is very different in some ways, it is also very similar. The plot as well, even though you probably wont see the plot twists coming. Also, there are no puzzles, just choices to make... but if you just want more stuff similar to 999 then see if you can find a copy :)

OBJECTION!

samboo1 wrote:
Finished it just now! That was...EPIC.

Spoiler:
Never knew I could cry whilst playing Sudoku...seeing crying Akane at the bottom was just so sad!
Really glad I played it in the order that I did, and left the best until last.
The safe ending was also really good, seeing Snake go all bad ass was awesome, and sad at the same time.

This has definitely become one of my favourite games now.

Spoiler:
Like you, I cried at the last puzzle, it was just soo sad! :( Seeing Akane's sad little face crying... :( *cries*
I suck at sudoku (I really cant do it) so had to use a guide but even though it wasnt timed, it had a lot of urgency some of the other puzzles didnt have and I felt I had to save her.
I almost had a heart attack when I finished the puzzle and it still didnt work...!
Sorry if I said this before but... Akane obviously survived the incinerator but created the 2nd Nonary Game to save her past self from the incinerator.. I guess at first I thought she was really dead and "Akane" was actually someone else.
What if, instead of creating the game, she just didnt do that?
As you say, amazing game. Emotional, surprising, sad, epic, brilliant.

As for Ever 17, anyone know of any places selling it? I cant find it in English anywhere (the cheapest copy is like $110).

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a hedgehog!

I can't find this Q & A everyone's talking about. Can somebody post a link to it?
Avatar by Elriel, sig by Vikinator.

OBJECTION!

I thought there was a link on the Aksys website but that seems to be down at the moment :(

Jack Lamber wrote:
Aaaaand you changed your avatar :larry2: haha, awesome :redd:
I am glad you enjoyed it :)
Spoiler:
And yeah, that sudoku part really was something. The whole true ending really blew my mind, as I am sure it blew yours too. Did you see any of the things coming? And have you read the Q&A yet?

Also, if you want more, try to look for a game called Ever17. The guy who made 999 made that one as well, and even if it is very different in some ways, it is also very similar. The plot as well, even though you probably wont see the plot twists coming. Also, there are no puzzles, just choices to make... but if you just want more stuff similar to 999 then see if you can find a copy :)

Spoiler:
I didn't see any of it coming. How could you?! I admit, there are a few things I don't understand. I have read the Q&A. Stayed up so late last night finishing the game, then reading the Q&A haha. The main thing I don't get is the Akane thing in general. So...I understand that the whole thing was to save herself in the past. But we all saw her as she was 9 years in the future, in the current Nonary Game, and she created it. So...if she needed saving, then that must means she died, but how did she die when she's there?! Confusion.

Who are everyone's favourite characters?

Also, just like grim_tales, I had a look for Ever17, and it's so expensive!! Thanks for the recommendation though. :pearl:

@Sophie Trite: The link is working for me. It's on here, under 'Answers'
http://www.aksysgames.com/999/agegate

@samboo1:
Spoiler:
That's the thing a lot of people don't seem to understand, and I actually think it is quite simple after reading the explanation in the Q&A section:
"I want you to think about it from another perspective. If, hypothetically, the story in 999 is about Akane dying 9 years ago, and Santa coming up with the whole plan to save his sister's life... Then what happens if Junpei does save Akane 9 years in the past? Does she suddenly materialize in front of everyone? Or will she just appear in some remote location? Wouldn't that be even stranger? If that happened, then what was she doing during the 9 years since the first Nonary Game? It seems to me that she would have had to exist somewhere... Huh? Then it's only natural for her to exist in Building Q, don't you think? In fact, don't you think it makes a lot more sense if that's the case? Let's say that right now, you discover how to access the past, and you save a kitten that was supposed to have been run over by a truck. That kitten would be alive an hour ago, or even two hours ago, right? I mean...YOU SAVED it 3 days ago..."
Akane DIDN'T die nine years ago, meaning that Akane HAD to plan out the second Nonary game. It wasn't a choice. A reality where she was saved in the past, but then didn't go along with the second Nonary Game coudln't exist. There could only be one of these realities:
A: Akane was saved in the past and planned the second Nonary Game, where Junpei saved her.
B: Akane died in the past, and no one would plan out the second Nonary Game.
And seeing as the Second Nonary game was a succes, Akane had to be alive the whole time. She wouldn't just materialize the moment Junpei saved her... right? You could probably argue that Santa would try to save her, by planning out the Nonary Game, but then it would fail... it would always fail if Akane died 9 years ago. .

I picked up Ever17 at a yard sale for almost no money... I knew it was hard to get around, but I didn't know it would be expensive, seeing as it is such an old game :yogi: don't you have some stores in the UK that sells used and outdated games for cheap money? :yuusaku:

Arrgh, why are you all from the UK!? It's so unfaair! :larry:

Jack Lamber wrote:
@samboo1:
Spoiler:
That's the thing a lot of people don't seem to understand, and I actually think it is quite simple after reading the explanation in the Q&A section:
"I want you to think about it from another perspective. If, hypothetically, the story in 999 is about Akane dying 9 years ago, and Santa coming up with the whole plan to save his sister's life... Then what happens if Junpei does save Akane 9 years in the past? Does she suddenly materialize in front of everyone? Or will she just appear in some remote location? Wouldn't that be even stranger? If that happened, then what was she doing during the 9 years since the first Nonary Game? It seems to me that she would have had to exist somewhere... Huh? Then it's only natural for her to exist in Building Q, don't you think? In fact, don't you think it makes a lot more sense if that's the case? Let's say that right now, you discover how to access the past, and you save a kitten that was supposed to have been run over by a truck. That kitten would be alive an hour ago, or even two hours ago, right? I mean...YOU SAVED it 3 days ago..."
Akane DIDN'T die nine years ago, meaning that Akane HAD to plan out the second Nonary game. It wasn't a choice. A reality where she was saved in the past, but then didn't go along with the second Nonary Game coudln't exist. There could only be one of these realities:
A: Akane was saved in the past and planned the second Nonary Game, where Junpei saved her.
B: Akane died in the past, and no one would plan out the second Nonary Game.
And seeing as the Second Nonary game was a succes, Akane had to be alive the whole time. She wouldn't just materialize the moment Junpei saved her... right? You could probably argue that Santa would try to save her, by planning out the Nonary Game, but then it would fail... it would always fail if Akane died 9 years ago. .

I picked up Ever17 at a yard sale for almost no money... I knew it was hard to get around, but I didn't know it would be expensive, seeing as it is such an old game :yogi: don't you have some stores in the UK that sells used and outdated games for cheap money? :yuusaku:

Arrgh, why are you all from the UK!? It's so unfaair! :larry:

That explains it really well actually. I understand. Thank you! :edgy:

Yeah we have shops like that, but I don't think it's the type of game that would be there. I couldn't even get 999 anywhere like that, I looked all over the place but since it's not had an EU release, it was nowhere.

I find your love for the UK rather funny!! Why do you like it so much? Have you ever been here?

Try anyway :phoenix: stores like that have the weirdest game selections sometimes, and you might be lucky :P
I've been to England.. once.. and I loved it :) But I don't know, I just always loved the youth culture, the accent, food, music, television and humor from England, but I don't have a particular reason for it I guess :edgy: English has always been my favourite subject as well. I was supposed to start at a college in England 3 years ago, but I discovered that I was short on money, so I had to find an alternative.. Also, seeing as I love English films and want to make my own movies someday, I would really like to go to an english film school.. and hopefully get smitten by the accent :P
Oh right, I better say something 999-related now.. ah, favourite characters!
Spoiler:
All of them were awesome. Ace was the perfect villian with an awesome motive (the whole thing with his condition (I want to call it the "monkey disease for some reason :P)), Clover for being the one you can relate to a lot of times.. before she goes axe crazy of course, but that was also a thing to love about her character. Junpei and June for obvious reasons. Seven for turning out to be the "real hero" of the first Nonary Game, and Lotus for being a great first suspect... and then turn out just to be a caring mother (although the way she was dressed was a little disturbing.) I would have to go with Snake though, after witnessing the safe ending. June is another favourite I guess, but as I said, the reasons for that are quite obvious. I never really liked Santa. I don't mind cursing in games - in situations like the one they find themselves in, in this game, it makes it a lot more realistic if they swear from time to time... but Santa's character was just too much on that point. He cursed at times where there were no reason for it, which made him look like a tool... when he turned out to be a pretty important character, he got a lot more interesting, but up until that point, I really just wish he would shut up :/ I can imagine that a lot of people find him pretty appealing though.

Last edited by Jack Lamber on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

OBJECTION!

Like Samb001, the thing about
Spoiler:
Akane creating the Nonary Game to save herself when she's THERE - so she was OK.. confused me too at first. I mean, if she's there 9 years in the future, she survived so why does she need saving? but reading the explanation helps. :)

Jack Lamber wrote:
Try anyway :phoenix: stores like that have the weirdest game selections sometimes, and you might be lucky :P
I've been to England.. once.. and I loved it :) But I don't know, I just always loved the youth culture, the accent, food, music, television and humor from England, but I don't have a particular reason for it I guess :edgy: English has always been my favourite subject as well. I was supposed to start at a college in England 3 years ago, but I discovered that I was short on money, so I had to find an alternative.. Also, seeing as I love English films and want to make my own movies someday, I would really like to go to an english film school.. and hopefully get smitten by the accent :P
Oh right, I better say something 999-related now.. ah, favourite characters!
Spoiler:
All of them were awesome. Ace was the perfect villian with an awesome motive (the whole thing with his condition (I want to call it the "monkey disease for some reason :P)), Clover for being the one you can relate to a lot of times.. before she goes axe crazy of course, but that was also a thing to love about her character. Junpei and June for obvious reasons. Seven for turning out to be the "real hero" of the first Nonary Game, and Lotus for being a great first suspect... and then turn out just to be a caring mother (although the way she was dressed was a little disturbing.) I would have to go with Snake though, after witnessing the safe ending. June is another favourite I guess, but as I said, the reasons for that are quite obvious. I never really liked Santa. I don't mind cursing in games - in situations like the one they find themselves in, in this game, it makes it a lot more realistic if they swear from time to time... but Santa's character was just too much on that point. He cursed at times where there were no reason for it, which made him look like a tool... when he turned out to be a pretty important character, he got a lot more interesting, but up until that point, I really just wish he would shut up :/ I can imagine that a lot of people find him pretty appealing though.

Spoiler:
Yeah I find it so hard to think of a favourite character, I liked them all, but probably Santa and June the least. I liked young June, but current June just annoyed me haha. I wasn't keen on Lotus at first either, but then I started to really like her character. Btw, am I the only one who didn't see where the age jokes were coming from? She looked young! I also though Alice was her, because the hypothetical image shown of Alice, really looked like her. I think that would have been so awesome if it turned out like that, and Alice was one of the numbers. Obviously because of Lotus' children, it couldn't have been her.

Overall though, probably Snake and Clover were my favourites. I just really liked them both, and Snake is so much like Edgeworth, who is my favourite character in AA, so works well!

It really is an amazing game, best £24 ever spent :P I admit, after my first playthrough where I got the Axe ending, I didn't see the big deal, but it's only after you get the safe and best ending that you can appreciate it fully, I think. I'm glad I played it in the order I did.

I was about to put it down and forget everything about it after the first half hour, because the start was so slow. I am soo glad that I didn't haha :larry2:
Now I love that the start is so much story and so little puzzle.. but the tutorial in the first room is still pretty tedius, when replaying the game.
The other unfortuante thing about this game is, you feel like you want to replay it immediatly after finishing it, but you've already been running through the game so many times in a row, that you lack the energy to do so :P at least, that's what I felt.

Spoiler:
And yeah, Clover such a good character, and my last post didn't really justify how good she is :P What do you think about Santa though?

Yeah, I really want to play it again already. But I said to myself that I may do again in a week or so, once I've had a break. I want to re-read the first bit too, because I've only done that once as I skipped it every other time.

Spoiler:
Santa...I dunno. At one point I really didn't like him, then there was another point where I started to think he was ok, then all of a sudden he cracks a gun out! So yeah I didn't like him then. He was just a bit too...I don't know. I don't know how to describe him, but he wasn't very likeable I thought.

Oh, I PMed you btw!

OBJECTION!

My fave characters:

Spoiler:
I didnt like Lotus much until near the end, then I really liked her. I dont think she looked that old, but I read that originally Lotus was going to be Alice (or something), so that makes her age jokes funnier, even though she didnt look that old. Snake was just awesome, so was Seven because he was the real hero of the first Nonary Game.
Ace was such an awesome villain, because at the start I liked him a lot and he seemed such a caring, jolly guy then he flipped and I was like... :O I HATED HIM after that.
Initially I didnt see prosapagnosia alone as a valid excuse for what Ace did but it must have bothered him A LOT.
Clover was such a good character too - almost like a time bomb waiting to explode in places.
I also really liked Junpei and (mostly) June. I didnt mind the swearing that much because I thought that was how most people would act in that situation.
Also I just was thinking - did June/Santa really plan the part when Santa has the gun and threatened to shoot June? In the safe (I think?) ending I found that part really creepy. Of course Santa wouldnt do anything to harm his sister, its just kinda hard to think it was all acting now. :O

Last edited by grim_tales on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grim_tales wrote:
My fave characters:

Spoiler:
I didnt like Lotus much until near the end, then I really liked her. I dont think she looked that old, but I read that originally Lotus was going to be Alice (or something), so that makes her age jokes funnier, even though she didnt look that old. Snake was just awesome, so was Seven because he was the real hero of the first Nonary Game.
Ace was such an awesome villain, because at the start I liked him a lot and he seemed such a caring, jolly guy then he flipped and I was like... :O Initially I didnt see prosapagnosia alone as a valid excuse for what Ace did but it must have bothered him A LOT.
I also really liked Junpei and (mostly) June. I didnt mind the swearing that much because I thought that was how most people would act in that situation.

Spoiler:
I agree with you on Ace's reason for the Nonary Game. I thought it was a little silly. But I like the think the main reason, aside from his disorder was just to investigate further, the effect of those fields. I thought that was self explanatory until he was asked in the car and said something else.

Also, I really loved the music. I'm listening to the OST now :P

OBJECTION!

Edited from last post (sorry), another thought:

Spoiler:
Also I just was thinking - did June/Santa really plan the part when Santa has the gun and threatened to shoot June? In the safe (I think?) ending I found that part really creepy. Of course now we know Santa wouldnt do anything to harm his sister, its just kinda hard to think it was all acting now. :O

I love talking about this game :p

grim_tales wrote:
Edited from last post (sorry), another thought:

Spoiler:
Also I just was thinking - did June/Santa really plan the part when Santa has the gun and threatened to shoot June? In the safe (I think?) ending I found that part really creepy. Of course now we know Santa wouldnt do anything to harm his sister, its just kinda hard to think it was all acting now. :O

I love talking about this game :p

So do I! :D

Spoiler:
I was thinking about that, and I thought that they must have. If they didn't plan it, then June probably wasn't scared at all as they both knew he wouldn't shoot her, so it was all an act.

Also, was I the only one annoyed about -
Spoiler:
ICE-9 and Alice's lack of meaning? It seemed so pointless. I realise ICE-9 was probably just another example of the field at work, but the whole thing annoyed me because it could have been interesting, but it went nowhere...

@grim_tales:
Spoiler:
Really? I liked Ace's motive. I mean, it might seem a little over the top to kidnap children and threaten them to play the Nonary Game, or else they will die, or throw a little girl in an incenerator just to do research on a disorder, but you must not forget that Ace never saw any of them as people due to his condition. He probably only saw them as lab rats, or - like he says so himself - monkeys, which makes him only a tad more evil than a lot of those scientists that make horrible experiments on animals.... oh, and then add some insanity, seeing as he couldn't exactly be 100% sane, if he have been feeling isolated from the world, due to his conidition. But perhaps I just put too much in it :b

@samboo1:
I rarely listen to game music when I'm not playing games, but I immediatly downloaded the OST aswell and put it on my Ipod :larry2: That
Spoiler:
sudoku meldoy really wakes some emotions in you after having played the game
:P I've also turned on my DS 100 times, only to see that intro video the game starts with I think :D
And..
Spoiler:
Well, perhaps the ICE-9 thing and the stuff with Allice was a little dissapointed, but think about it this way: If you actually DID find a Egyptian Princess who had been unfrozen in the Q-building, wouldn't that make the whole thing a little... silly? But just the fact that you think that there is a chance of meeting such a person, makes it a whole lot more exciting and creepy to walk around through the corridors. The ICE-9 thing was just a way to introduce Allice I think, as well as to relate to the whole information thing.

Last edited by Jack Lamber on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Lamber wrote:
@grim_tales:
Spoiler:
Really? I liked Ace's motive. I mean, it might seem a little over the top to kidnap children and threaten them to play the Nonary Game, or else they will die, or throw a little girl in an incenerator just to do research on a disorder, but you must not forget that Ace never saw any of them as people due to his condition. He probably only saw them as lab rats, or - like he says so himself - monkeys, which makes him only a tad more evil than a lot of those scientists that make horrible experiments on animals.... oh, and then add some insanity, seeing as he couldn't exactly be 100% sane, if he have been feeling isolated from the world, due to his conidition. But perhaps I just put too much in it :b

@samboo1:
I rarely listen to game music when I'm not playing games, but I immediatly downloaded the OST aswell and put it on my Ipod :larry2:
Spoiler:
That sudoku meldoy really wakes some emotions in you after having played the game :P I've also turned on my DS 100 times, only to see that intro video the game starts with I think :D
And..

Spoiler:
Well, perhaps the ICE-9 thing and the stuff with Allice was a little dissapointed, but think about it this way: If you actually DID find a Egyptian Princess who had been unfrozen in the Q-building, wouldn't that make the whole thing a little... silly? But just the fact that you think that there is a chance of meeting such a person, makes it a whole lot more exciting and creepy to walk around through the corridors. The ICE-9 thing was just a way to introduce Allice I think, as well as to relate to the whole information thing.

Is it bad that I've never watched that opening video? :payne: Maybe I need to :P

Also, where did you find the OST to download?! Also yeah, the Sudoku theme makes me feel sad :(

And LOL
Spoiler:
You know the bit where you go and check out the lower deck in the elevator with June? Did you guys ever select "she was scared of being alone with a boy?", because I'd never pressed it, and then watched this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHzMrA_44Mg&feature=related and it's just extremely hilarious.

Last edited by samboo1 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was pretty sure that I downloaded it on iTunes, but I can't find it anywhere in there, so I am not so sure now.. :(
Also, would you mind editing your post where you quote me? I kind of let a spoiler slip there D:
And no, you're not THAT bad of a person for not having watched the intro :yogi: (kidding, kidding!) I am sure it's not that awesome, but I just find it that way :)

And yeah
Spoiler:
I choose that choice AFTER seeing the video on youtube :larr2: it was pretty funny, I'll admit :gant:

OBJECTION!

IMO,
Spoiler:
The Ice-9/Alice thing annoyed me too as it turned out to be a red herring.. I think they made a joke about it by having the woman hitching at the end being Alice (I actually thought it was Lotus for a sec).
Samb001, did you think it was actually going to be Alice in the coffin cause I sure did - I thought she was the one who had killed Cap too for a while and may have been the killer in the sub/knife endings. I also thought June may have killed everyone (!) When the text said "It couldnt be true..." etc I thought "Oh shiiiit..." :D
I can see why Ace was so annoyed/upset by his condition, but.. I dunno, as you say kidnapping children is OTT. He must have had the disease severely. But the monkey comparison is interesting.... think back to Room 1 when Junpei says childish stuff like "Look, a monkey with glasses", if you had two monkeys and put glasses on one - that might be the only way "We" can tell one apart, a way of explaining the prosopagnosia thing.

Spoiler:
I actually though it was Lotus's daughter, until I read otherwise in the Q&A section, and I thought "duh!" xD! It made a little more sense then, but yeah, it was just a red herring/joke. I don't really see the rest of the Ice 9/Allice thing as a red herring though, it was a good way to hint towards the later events. But yeah, perhaps they laid to much in it. I also though that Allice (I know it's only "Alice" with one "l", but I prefer the All-ice way of spelling it :p) was in every coffin I came by, starting with the one who had the gun! And yeah, I researched in the whole prosopagnosia disease after completing the game (lol, I just wiki'd it :b) and I don't sympathize with Ace one bit, but I can follow his logic until a certain point. Think about how isolated you would feel if you felt like the only "real" person in the world, and everyone always would seem like strangers to you. I can understand his extreme passion for finding a cure, it was just the way he tried to find it which was wrong. Now that I think about it, I actually find it more surprising that all those others who helped Ace create the Nonary Game actually helped him, given that they weren't the one with prospagnosia, so they could understand the whole humanity aspect.

I think we're creating 2 pages a day in this thread, just the 3 of us :larry2:

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
I read up about prosapagnosia after completing the game too :D Who did you initially think June/Akane was? When they threw in the theory that June/Akane had died 9 years ago I thought the "June" in the game was some random girl with the real June's identity/memory implanted (or something), a la Total Recall :D Or maybe her mind had been swapped.
I chose "She was scared of being alone with a boy" in the elevator scene the first time I played it - it made me LOL :D
Junpei GET YA MIND OUTTA THE GUTTA :D I have to admit his sex jokes made me laugh :D

Spoiler:
I remember you talking about that in the old forum :D I actually thought that present Akane was a fake, when I heard that Akane had died, 9 years earlier. Seeing as it had been a while since Junpei saw her, a lot of girls with similar facial structure as Akane's, could probably get away with disguising themselves. So I did suspect her of being Zero, briefly. I also thought that fake Akane was dying (the whole fever thing) and that either the Nonary Game would help her find a cure, or that the Nonary Game was planned out, so that fake Akane wouldn't find a cure, but die in the Q-building (if somebody knew that she only had 9 hours to live or something...). But why would anyone kill a fake Akane, unless fake Akane was a bad guy? I don't know, I had so many silly theories throughout the game. Me and my sister (who I played it with the first time around) could spend hours just discussing these kind of things. We love these types of games, because you can just sit and discuss the outcome whenever you aren't playing :larry2:

Spoiler:
I thought SOMETHING would be in the coffin, but I wasn't really sure what. I'm not too sure if I was actually expecting it to be Alice, I was sort of skeptical.

I have no sympathy for Ace. He annoyed me, he's such an evil guy. That scene with him looking into the incinerator and his eye open wide, has scarred me! Yeah he's crazy.

There was also something I didn't think about until I read the Q&A, but that's Lotus' position in the story. She didn't really have one, did she? I know her daughters were there 9 years ago, but why not have a daughter there, instead of her? All of the others had ties much deeper than her. She was a bit of a missing link. It's a shame, I was hoping there was more with her, because I started to really like her.

How about the puzzles anyway? Are there any you particularly didn't like/enjoyed?

Spoiler:
Uh.. I hope it didn't sound like I had symapthy for Ace o.O.. Anyway, it seems like a lot of people are bothered about Lotus's role in the story, but it didn't really bother me. I mean, she was somehow connected, like you said. Her children participated in the game 9 years prior to the second game. She's also the only one who could complete room 8 seeing as she knows how to hack a computer. (or was that room 7? It's been a while since I picked it up, I might look at it again this evening). But apart from that, the only reason that she's there is pretty much because there have to be 9 people participating in the game... but I actually think that Lotus is there for another reason aswell - to prove that, even though June/Santa made Ace murder the other bad guys, put peoples life in danger (look at the bad endings), and perhaps scar some of those who had to go through it again for life, they had a human side. They weren't all "bad guys", as they saw Lotus being torn apart about what happened to her kids 9 years ago. This way she would know everything, without having to force her children to open up to her, and they could just go on as a happy family, without having to talk about it, and without having Lotus go through life unaware. (Yeah, I overanalyze things sometimes, so what :P)

About the puzzles. I liked most of them, but a few of them was especially tedious to go through, 5 or more times in a row.
Spoiler:
The very first room, for starters, but mostly because of that tutorial thing. Of course, if you are replaying with memories, it skips that part, but with an all clean save file, it's pretty annoying that you have to be told at least 3 times how to unlock a suitcase. I liked the puzzles in room 4 and it was really nice that you could skip the part with the shower curtain after you know what to do. I wasn't so fond of the card hunt in the casino, but I still like that room. I also always screwed up at some point on the piano, which is really frustrating, given that the puzzle in itself is pretty easy. The most frustrating room is the library and the room right after that, which is - ironically - the very last ones. Having to look for just the right books can be really annoying, if you at some point skip a bookshelf by mistake. The next room had a puzzle, where one of the passwords (after having inserted one of those cards in that machine) didn't really make any sense.. but perhaps I was just too stupid to understand the solution?

But overall, all of the rooms and their puzzles are nice :larry2: especially because they're all linked with characters' theories or witty remarks. How many of you could dechiper the picture behind door 4 the first time around :)?

Yeah I see what you mean, Jack.
Spoiler:
I'm glad Lotus was there and all, since I liked her. I can't remember what door number the computer hacking is in, but does she always go through that door, no matter what path you choose?

I agree with you about the Library puzzles. It was hard to remember where I'd already been. I also didn't like the engine room one.

I was SO close to guessing right on that picture behind the door, but I pressed something else :P
Page 5 of 15 [ 569 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station