Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 1 of 61[ 2410 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next

[PAL as well!] Virtue's Last Reward: 999 Sequel (3DS/Vita)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Update: Looks like the game is coming to PAL regions courtesy of Rising Star Games!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqGs441qzU

Okay, so I already posted about this in the 999 thread, but for the sake of letting people know who don't check that thread, I figured I'd split one off. This also helps avoid spoilers for those who haven't finished the first game.

The game is titled 極限脱出ADV 善人シボウデス (Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV Zennin Shibô Desu), roughly translatable as Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (though the last bit is a little odd and possibly a pun). As mentioned in the OP, the game is being developed for the 3DS and Vita.

Image Image
Image Image

Spoiler: Plot
From Andriasang

The guy dressed like a mechanic is the game's main character, Sigma. Sigma is an ordinary college student who will frequently make sexual comments, annoying girls.

The girl in the center of the character art is Phi. She's cool and intelligent, but will sometimes say stupid jokes. She says she's a C cup when she's actually an A cup.

The story begins when Sigma is kidnapped and awakens in an elevator next to Phi. While Sigma doesn't know Phi, she seems to know him, even calling his name out. A bunny appears on the elevator monitor, causing them to flee the elevator (I'm not sure what the bunny says to make them flee, although if I saw a talking bunny on an elevator monitor I'd flee too). They find themselves in a warehouse alongside seven others. They will have to escape from this facility.

Chunsoft refers to Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes as a "game of betrayal." What that means is unclear at present, as only a few gameplay details have been announced. The game will have visual novel parts and escape parts. The escape parts involve exploring rooms and solving puzzles.

Development on Gyokugen Dasshutsu Adv: Zennin Shiboudes is currently at 50%. Famitsu lists the release time frame as TBA.

Spoiler: Original scan
Here's a low-quality scan one of the folks at Aksys scrounged up:

Speculate away!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Last edited by Bolt Storm on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: 999 Sequel Announced (3DS/Vita)Topic%20Title

So, the new main character is a transgendered version of Santa?

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
That's what I thought too, he/she does kinda look like Santa. Or maybe Santa has another sister (?)
That would confuse Ace :D

3DS software is region locked right? So I probably cant play this in the UK :-(
One character looks like a cross between Clover and Lotus (older Clover?) Hubba :hotti:
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Last edited by grim_tales on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Noooooooooo, I'll never have the money for a 3DS :larry:
Oh, well, I could have told myself that the sequel would be on the 3DS, and I suppose this is great news for the rest of you :hobohodo:
@grim_tales: You might want to put that first part of you post in a spoiler tag :payne:
Spoiler:
seeing as Santa having a sister is a pretty big spoiler :b

Anyway, speculation time!
Spoiler:
I also thought that one girl looked like a girl version of Santa, so I thought that perhaps it was his sister? But then it hit me.. he already has a sister, don't he!? I don't think it's such a stretch to say that the girl might actually be.. Akane?
Also, one of the characters kinda looks like Alice.. or one of Lotus's children perhaps?

We need this translated as soon as possible.
(Dammit, I don't want to get excited about a game I won't be able to play!)
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

OBJECTION!

Spoiler tag fixed - my bad!
Spoiler:
Akane... WHOA. I hadnt thought of that at all. She changed her image?!
I'm thinking also one of the characters looks a bit like Clover?!

How can I play a US 3DS over here?
Damn - why am I so excited? :(

@grim_tales: You import one :P?
If you meant a US 3DS version of the game, then you can't because of the region lock, so you won't be able to import the game (the 3DS is region locked, right?)
More speculation:
Spoiler:
Is GirlieSanta(Akane?) wearing ACE'S JACKET? Then again, Akane could just turn out to be the girl to the left as well, but I'd rather see her as GirlieSanta :larry2: And if we stretch it, we could say that the fancy sportcar guy is Junpei.. but nah... Who of these people do you think will die like the 9th man? xD

EDIT: Also, Clover yay :D

OBJECTION!

Yeah the 3DS is region locked :( This makes me sad I'll probably never get to play this game - even if I import a US machine (right?) :(

Well, if you purchase a US 3DS, then you'll get to play US 3DS games, so yeah, if US gets it, then that's the way you get your fingers on the game. But of course, you won't be able to play you EU region locked games on that machine then :payne:
Region locking is the stupidest invention EVER CREATED!

OBJECTION!

More thoughts:

Spoiler:
The guy in the F1 outfit does look a bit like an older Junpei, and one girl looks like... ALICE?!?! I spy a bracelet and a box with a "9" on it.

Jack, thanks. The only way to get round it is to buy 2 machines then :P IF it comes to the US and we all pray it will.
I'm just speculating its unlikely this game will come to the EU since 999 DS didn't.

Spoiler:
Ayup :yogi: I am pretty sure that is Alice. Eqyptian clothes and the same haircut. Meaning that she know of the cast from 999 probably. So the speculation goes like this right now: Akane, Alice and Clover will be back, possibly Junpei (and an android version of Seven?.. plus Eldoon from AJ :P?)

And yes, there's always the chance that it won't come to EU, since the original didn't. However, it might just happen anyway, seeing as the 3DS is region locked, and if a lot of europeans imported 999, theeen..
But then again, there's been so many frustrating issues with games that companies wouldn't release world wide recently, so I am afriad that it won't come over here :sadshoe:
And you know what sucks? Ordering a US 3DS, AND THEN they begin to make EU-only games again! With my luck, that's what's going to happen :P

OBJECTION!

I'll wait and see if its announced for US/EU then which could be a while off.
Spoiler:
The game looks like a futuristic version of the Nonary Game (or something in the future which links to it?!) I dont think they'd repeat 999 exactly but maybe it is to 999 what 999 was to Ever 17 (if that makes sense) :P
LOL, one guy does look like Eldoon, unless thats meant to be Snake?

Spoiler:
Well if this IS a futuristic version of 999, then this game = Ever 17 ;P Another thing that's a little dissapointing is that it will come out on the Vita as well.. not because I don't like the Vita, but because the whole "dual screen" thing won't have anything to do with the plot anymore.. but then again, using the same idea twice might be a little stupid.. we have to wait and see.

Also, why haven't anyone translated this yet :P!?!?!?

Ignore my question in the last thread grim_tales, since I've read the answer here. I can't believe the 3DS is region locked!!! NOOOOOOOOOO. I can't believe this :'(

I want to be excited...but I might just try not to read anything about this now because I don't want to know about a game I can't play! I was getting a 3DS as well...

There are certainly a few characters who look really similar to the ones we know on there. I hope there are a couple of returning characters, but it's not the end of the world if not.

OBJECTION!

I still really want to play Ever 17! :P

I didn't even plan on getting a 3DS anytime soon, since I probably won't have the money for such a thing in a loooong time (I need a job guys :larry:)
Anyway, on with the theories.
Spoiler:

OBJECTION!

New 3DS rumour here (thanks to Jack):

http://botchweed.com/game-news/rumor-ni ... e-pad-3ds/

Toned down 3DS - err whats the point when you can turn the 3D down anyway, or even off?
Dual circle pads? That worries me you cant play DS games on it - where will the normal D-pad go?
Hmmm. Maybe this is to 3DS what the DS Lite was to the original DS Phat?

Re: Theories:

Spoiler:
Agree with all of them, also the guy in the blue racing gear looks like Junpei to me.
If Alice is real, then maybe the girl at the end of 999 WAS Alice...?
Now its OK for me to find older Clover hot :P

I'm not a lawyer, I'm a hedgehog!

Spoiler:
That guy's (next to FemaleSanta) eyes do kind kind of look closed or unfocused, don't they? If he is Snake though, it makes me sad. I don't want him to not be as awesome as he was in the last game. Also, who the heck is that guy in the magician's getup? And doesn't that kid standing next to the girl in the purple skirt (possibly Akane) look like he's her child?

Avatar by Elriel, sig by Vikinator.

Spoiler:
Could be her child, but I hope not. I don't want the characters to be so easily connected from the get-go. I discarded the idea of racecardriverguy being Junpei for several reasons: 1: It's too difficult to tell if his factial features are similar to Junpei's. 2: He looks too confident IMO (although he might have changed with age) and 3: there would simply be too few new characters left :P.
Also, if that indeed is Clover, I think she looks even younger than the first time around?

EDIT: @SophieTrite:
Spoiler:
I really really really do not hope that turns out to be Snake either. But if the girl who looks like Clover IS Clover... then that old man is too old to be snake anyway. Also, it looks like his eyes are open?

So uh

One of the best things about 999 was that the characters weren't a bunch of typical anime cliche types.

So having a fucking robot and anthropomorphic rabbit in the sequel is just

ugh

do not want

I'm really hoping this will be good but I'm having doubts already.

grim_tales wrote:

Toned down 3DS - err whats the point when you can turn the 3D down anyway, or even off?
Dual circle pads? That worries me you cant play DS games on it - where will the normal D-pad go?

Spoiler:
Agree with all of them, also the guy in the blue racing gear looks like Junpei to me.

How old did you think Clover was in the first one? Was there ever any note of official ages of characters in the game? All I know if Junpei was 21.

Also
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if the fem!Santa pictured is Akane. It looks nothing like her...certainly looks like Santa a lot though.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
So uh

One of the best things about 999 was that the characters weren't a bunch of typical anime cliche types.

So having a fucking robot and anthropomorphic rabbit in the sequel is just

ugh

do not want

I'm really hoping this will be good but I'm having doubts already.

I have to agree to a certain degree. That rabbit and that robot guy is REALLY off putting, but we'll see it turns out. I thought the same thing about Santa and Lotus... even if you love them, you have to admit that they had the looks of "typical anime cliche types" like you said it.
I also hope that none of them will have the urge to curse and swear over everything like Santa did. But other than that, I am excited!

@samboo1:
Spoiler:
How can you tell? Her facial structures aren't that different from Akane, and you never met her after it was revealed who she really was, so you haven't really seen the "bad girl" side of her yet. Personally I think it would be pretty cool if she was Akane :larry2:

Last edited by Jack Lamber on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clover was confirmed as being 18.

Jack Lamber wrote:
I have to agree to a certain degree. That rabbit and that robot guy is REALLY off putting, but we'll see it turns out. I thought the same thing about Santa and Lotus... even if you love them, you have to admit that they had the looks of "typical anime cliche types" like you said it.

Lotus and Santa weren't as bad as Robot and Adorable Animal Mascot, but okay yeah fair enough.

Speaking of which, does anyone else think Pink-Haired Girl stole her fashion sense from Yoko Littner?

Last edited by Franzise Deauxnim on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Jack
Spoiler:
I know what you mean. Don't get me wrong, I'd like if it was her, because I want the game to link in with 999 quite a bit, and not just be another nonary game.

@Franzise: Thanks. I was thinking she looked about 18, yeah.

I agree that is one thing I liked about 999, in that the characters didn't look as typical anime. I mean...if people cosplay as Junpei for example, in a way, you could imagine someone wearing his clothes in everyday life.

@samboo1: Except that those who cosplay like them always want to wear silly wigs instead of just style their own hair :b But I see your point.
Oh, and I hope you won't be able to say the same thing about Lotus :meekins:

Jack Lamber wrote:
@samboo1: Except that those who cosplay like them always want to wear silly wigs instead of just style their own hair :b But I see your point.
Oh, and I hope you won't be able to say the same thing about Lotus :meekins:

Haha! Nope, Lotus is certainly not included. Or Seven...it's the garish, yellow dungarees that do it there! :P

OBJECTION!

samboo1 wrote:
grim_tales wrote:

Spoiler:

How old did you think Clover was in the first one? Was there ever any note of official ages of characters in the game? All I know if Junpei was 21.

Also
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if the fem!Santa pictured is Akane. It looks nothing like her...certainly looks like Santa a lot though.

Spoiler:
I thought Clover was about 16-18 (probably 18) in the first one but looked younger. I thought Junpei was 18 but 21 is more likely, he's unlikely to have got his own flat at 15 and its too young to enter college.

Last edited by grim_tales on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Call me James

I was happy to hear this news...until I remembered the 3DS and the whole region locking nonsense.

Now I'm more like

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

What are the chances of this coming out in Europe? :(

Now I'm seriously considering importing a 3DS from the US (which would also save me like 50 euros). Either that or wait for the next revision and hope it isn't region-locked...

mai wrote:
Now I'm seriously considering importing a 3DS from the US (which would also save me like 50 euros). Either that or wait for the next revision and hope it isn't region-locked...

I am pretty sure the cartridges itself are a bigger problem concerning the region locking than the console.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

The woman second from the right does seem very reminiscent of
Spoiler:
Alice,
but I guess we'll see. I'm willing to bet the girl next to her is Clover, but as for everyone else, I'm assuming they're all new characters unless proven otherwise. After all, in the official 999 Q&A the director says that a hypothetical sequel would have mostly new characters with some characters from 999 mixed in. I would speculate that they don't want to go overboard with including old characters, but again, we'll see.

samboo1 wrote:
I want the game to link in with 999 quite a bit, and not just be another nonary game.

I don't think you need to worry about that, given the director's comments in the Q&A. In fact, I would even argue that, given the Nonary Game's history, it's almost impossible for there to just "be" another Nonary Game that has nothing to do with what preceded it in 999. At the very least, it would be a stupid (and unlikely) move on the part of the director, given his previous comments.

Totally not my sig...

I think the chances of this coming out in Europe are very, very slim, since 999 wasn't released here in the first place.

This leaves me wondering what the alternatives are if I want to play this game. Import a 3DS? Oh, I don't know. I was going to purchase a 3DS next week, but this has grinded that to a halt, for now.

samboo1 wrote:
I think the chances of this coming out in Europe are very, very slim, since 999 wasn't released here in the first place.

This leaves me wondering what the alternatives are if I want to play this game. Import a 3DS? Oh, I don't know. I was going to purchase a 3DS next week, but this has grinded that to a halt, for now.

There's still hope. I remember Elite Beat Agents was developed thanks to the huge amount of Westerners who imported Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan. If many people imported 999, maybe that'll encourage Aksys to release it in Europe. I remember Uchikoshi said he wanted to release 999 in Europe.
Besides, we don't know if it'll even be released in the US. It probably will, though.

Importing a 3DS has its share of advantages (it'll be cheaper than buying an European 3DS, for one), but on the other hand you'll have to import all your games, which seems like a hassle. Besides, what about European-only titles? IIRC, the sequel for Hotel Dusk, Last Window, was only released in Europe. Usually it's the other way around (there are more US-only games than Europe-only games), but it happens sometimes.
Seriously, region lock is the dumbest thing ever. On the other hand, perhaps the fact that the 3DS is region locked means Nintendo will encourage worldwide releases? I doubt it, but it could be.

I wasn't planning on buying a 3DS before Christmas anyway. I hope by that time we'll know whether the game will be released in the US/Europe or not.

OBJECTION!

Thoughts on characters:
Though at first glance they may appear to be your stock animé characters, 999's characters initially seemed like that too, and look how that turned out. There is hope.
I know 999 has sold well in the US, not sure about Europe though. Since it's so text heavy, maybe they didnt bring it to Europe because of the cost of localising to other languages (if they were going to do that).
Even though the 3DS is region locked, the DS (hardware and software) isnt so can I still play US "normal" DS games on (say) a European 3DS? (This is confusing) :D

grim_tales wrote:
Thoughts on characters:
Though at first glance they may appear to be your stock animé characters, 999's characters initially seemed like that too, and look how that turned out. There is hope.
I know 999 has sold well in the US, not sure about Europe though. Since it's so text heavy, maybe they didnt bring it to Europe because of the cost of localising to other languages (if they were going to do that).
Even though the 3DS is region locked, the DS (hardware and software) isnt so can I still play US "normal" DS games on (say) a European 3DS? (This is confusing) :D

That's a point. Would I be able to play my imported games on a 3DS? Hmm. I'm not getting one if I can't. I have Elite Beat Agents, PW T&T and 999 imported. Some great games there!

grim_tales wrote:
Thoughts on characters:

I'm pretty sure you can.

OBJECTION!

Thanks! :) I hope thats right because I have quite a few - New Mario Bros., Professor Layton/Curious Village, EBA, PW: JFA, T&T, Jake Hunter and now 999.

grim_tales wrote:
Thoughts on characters:

Sure there is! And I don't even doubt that the characters will have a rich personality and backstory. So far the creator of 999 haven't written a poor story yet, and I'll doubt he'll start with 999's sequel... but if that one guy really turns out to be a robot, then that's just a little... huh..

OBJECTION!

I know what you mean.

I came across this thread on the NeoGAF forums. I want to join that forum too but it wont let me use Hotmail to activate it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 132&page=8
Notice a clearer picture on page 8...
Spoiler:
Maybe GirlSanta is Santa's daughter? Pink haired girl could be Clover's daughter too and the Egyptian woman definitely looks like Alice.
Maybe they just use 3D for the cutscenes.
In a way I hope the old guy (that looks like Irving from Time Hollow or Eldoon for AJ) isnt Old Snake... Snake, you were so awesome... :(

Wow, I feel so stupid now.
Spoiler:
That's even more simple than my theories. It also explains why Clover looks even younger and the futuristic setting! But that would mean that the old man COULD turn out to be snake :(

OBJECTION!

Spoiler:
NOOOOOO! Snake, what have they done to you?!? You used to be cool :(
If the girl with pink hair is Clover's daughter.. hmmm. I thought she was an older Clover in her 20's or so.
I dont know if my theories are right of course.

Page 1 of 61 [ 2410 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station