Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 20 of 23[ 913 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Re: Let's Talk About The New School YearTopic%20Title

Je voudrais une anana, s'il vous plait.

Subaru Saito Hikari wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
Does anyone else feel like they've been in school for like months? It's my second week of my senior year and I already feel like 5 months have gone by -__-
Ughh..only 9 months till graduation... :wellington-crazy: :Pizza2: :nixiesob:

I know that feeling...

And I have the bad feeling that the OPC time is creeping up on me like Pedobear on a unsuspecting child. In which case, my ass is fucked even before I realize an escape. DX

On the good side, we're supposed to be getting letter jackets soon, for those that earned and paid for them. :3 I can't wait to get mine. <3

Yeah, the only thing good about senior year is that it's fun. You get free stuff, fun places to go and the only hard part is applying to colleges and keeping up your grades...not too bad I guess?
"Dilon mein tum apne betabiyaan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum..."
"If you carry impatience in your heart, you are alive..."

tastes like new reed

Steel Turnabout wrote:
And filipino, sing the finding song!
If you need to find something
And you don't have a clue,
All you need to do
Is sing this soooong!
Retrace! Retrace your steps~!
You can find what you lost
When you turn back
(So long as it's not tossed!)
Doesn't matter whether it's a shoe or book
As long as you turn and loooook!

That's all I came up with. Kept my baby sister entertained for awhile.

Nice song, Steel.
I'll write that down somewhere, 'cause it's catchy~
But I found the book.
Damned book was hiding in the lost and found box in the band room.
WHEN THE FECK DID THE BAND ROOM HAVE A LOST AND FOUND BOX.
THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW.
*ahem*

So, before school today I wrote "I love you" in 5 different languages(German, Italian, French, Tagalog, and Danish) using Google Trans. on the back of my hand(boredom). So the dude sitting next to me in science tried to pronounced them all. The way he pronounced "Ich liebe dich" was terrible, but really funny. When I told him it was wrong, he asked what it really was. So I told him, and he burst out laughing. And so did his buddy and this other girl sitting next to me.

Yeah.
Science was...
interesting, I guess?
This proves to be an interesting school year, then.

Going fangirl over Larry Butz

School was actually not bad today :) Two of my friends have the exact same schedule as me for Semester 1, which is pretty awesome. :phoenix: Also I pretty much know where every room is by now :godot:

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
Yeah, the only thing good about senior year is that it's fun. You get free stuff, fun places to go and the only hard part is applying to colleges and keeping up your grades...not too bad I guess?

Free stuff? Yeah right...
What you get are just a few senior privileges, and you only get to go to fun places if you saved up enough money through bake sales and other events for the whole 4 years you've been in HS. My class almost didn't make prom.

Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

Is still absolute trash.

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
Subaru Saito Hikari wrote:
I know that feeling...

And I have the bad feeling that the OPC time is creeping up on me like Pedobear on a unsuspecting child. In which case, my ass is fucked even before I realize an escape. DX

On the good side, we're supposed to be getting letter jackets soon, for those that earned and paid for them. :3 I can't wait to get mine. <3

Free stuff?! DA FUH-?!! WE DON'T GET THAT- Well, actually, yeah, we kinda do. (AT LEAST, we do over here.)

AND GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT ABOUT THAT DAMN OPC AGAIN!? *gun to the head*
*trumpet sounds*

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

AABattery wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:

Free stuff? Yeah right...
What you get are just a few senior privileges, and you only get to go to fun places if you saved up enough money through bake sales and other events for the whole 4 years you've been in HS. My class almost didn't make prom.

I spent $150 for grad nite, we ended up going to a rented out warehouse lot in San Diego. The lot was made to look like a mini-carnival, which was a major disappointment since our school kept hyping it to be the best grad nite ever. I ate some free food with friends and spent the rest of the night with them burning stuff in the fire pits they had set up. I would have rather gone to Boomers but the class before us ruined that for us :yuusaku:
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

My prom was set up at a train station... The place was nice, but I hated the theme...

Our theme was "Romance in Rome"... WHO THE HELL PICKED THAT?! I've persuaded everyone into voting "Masquerade Ball"! They probably changed it to spite me...

My childhood right here

AABattery wrote:
My prom was set up at a train station... The place was nice, but I hated the theme...

Our theme was "Romance in Rome"... WHO THE HELL PICKED THAT?! I've persuaded everyone into voting "Masquerade Ball"! They probably changed it to spite me...

It should have been a murder mystery. Those always go over well. And the food is fantasmical. "Blood" punch, finger sandwiches "with real fingers", "eyeballs" (grapes durrr), the works. (Sounds more like a psychotic dinner party than a murder mystery)
And in Chemistry, a girl sits behind me, and talking to her DOESN'T make my brain shut down before we speak! Hooray!.. Except, I had lab right before, and we saw pictures of meth mouth, and heard about how a woman had to snort her sister's poop in order to survive, and maggots in bandaids. OH GOD THE MAGGOTS... Needless to say, I didn't have much to talk about.

Wow, I feel sorry for you guys...
We get free shirts. But other than that, everything is included when we pay our class dues. After that, we get senior breakfast, senior banquet, our caps and gowns etc etc. And prom is going to be held in an aquarium because now, juniors aren't going to it...I'm not sure how it works if less people are going but oh well...
So yeah, there's a bunch of fun stuff..

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

You feel sorry that we don't get free shirts?

AABattery wrote:

No that's not what I meant. You guys just made it seem like you didn't like it or that it wasn't worth it. I didn't mean to make myself sound like a shallow bitch or something. I guess I'm just excited about high school being over. I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything. Shirts don't mean anything.

My childhood right here

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
AABattery wrote:

No that's not what I meant. You guys just made it seem like you didn't like it or that it wasn't worth it. I didn't mean to make myself sound like a shallow bitch or something. I guess I'm just excited about high school being over. I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything. Shirts don't mean anything.

I wish I was done with high school. Chemistry totally blows. I can't focus at all, and the teacher talks so much it doesn't help at all.
Man, if med school's gonna be like this, fuck it. I planned on getting a medical degree just for the hell of it, but if EVERYTHING about science is THIS boring, I'm getting the hell away from it ASAP.

Rising Inspirations

Steel Turnabout wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
AABattery wrote:

I wish I was done with high school. Chemistry totally blows. I can't focus at all, and the teacher talks so much it doesn't help at all.
Man, if med school's gonna be like this, fuck it. I planned on getting a medical degree just for the hell of it, but if EVERYTHING about science is THIS boring, I'm getting the hell away from it ASAP.

Getting a med degree for the hell of it is highly unlikely, if not impossible. Wipe that expectation. In a way, you have to grow up faster and sacrifice a lot of things just to survive. Med school is not easy to get into with acceptance rates as low as 10% and that's being generous. Most I know of are even lower. It's stressful, mind-numbing and very competitive.

I would say, do what you feel passionate about. If science is not your thing, then don't bother with medical school. It's hardly about fun, it's about the passion and focus. Have the right reasons otherwise you are wasting your time. Once you start paying for university, everything begins to matter and you have little time to make the right decisions.

==

As for myself, kicking ass in university, having quite a time and three weeks ahead of work.

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

Man, everyone's in school already.
Granted, I have had the longest summer of my life and enjoyed every video gaming, cross-stitching, shenanigan-causing minute of it, but... man, this is weird.
I move into my university in less than a week, and our orientation is AFTER we move in. My college is the only one in the university that does that. THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

My bros have just entered high school, so I'm glad I can stay for a few weeks and help them get settled into high school life. My hopes for them and, well, for anyone entering high school is that they will find awesome, hard-working, hilarious people to spend time with, because they made high school the best years ever. My friends and I realized by the start of senior year that we were going separate ways, so we balanced our studying to allow as much time together possible... and now I'm alone.
Thankfully, in this day and age I can text my friends who are on the opposite coast, but I wonder when we'll meet again.
OKAY, PENSIVE TIME OVER -ahem-

I hope my major is what I really want. Computer engineering sounds awesome, but I don't know a lick of programming (so I'm entering the beginner class of course) so I hope it's something that will fulfill me in the long run. Gah, this feels like such a big step...
OKAY, NOW IT'S OVER.

I move into uni next saturday, then start my lectures a week after. I haven't been in any education for almost a year now, so I'm worried I'm going to lack motivation and just be ultra lazy! :yogi:

By the way Americans, what's the whole major thing about in college for you? I've heard the american degree systems have scope for you to learn about a wider range of subjects, but I've never really known how.

The Twisted Samurai

The new and my last school year kinda sucks.

One thing, that disturbs about the schedule are tuesdays:
Philosophy
Philosophy
Geography
Geography
English
English
Politics? (Dunno the proper English word. The subject where you talk about politics and stuff, y´know?)

THEN!
At 16:30 I got to return to school for Basketball until 18:45...

Another thing, which clearly sucks: My finals are like in April or something and we gotta choose certain subjects. One of them for me is Physics, at which I clearly suck. D:
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
The new and my last school year kinda sucks.

One thing, that disturbs about the schedule are tuesdays:
Philosophy
Philosophy
Geography
Geography
English
English
Politics? (Dunno the proper English word. The subject where you talk about politics and stuff, y´know?)

THEN!
At 16:30 I got to return to school for Basketball until 18:45...

Another thing, which clearly sucks: My finals are like in April or something and we gotta choose certain subjects. One of them for me is Physics, at which I clearly suck. D:

Double Philosophy sounds like a killer. It's too deep a subject to have a double in! :P

And I'm sure Politics is just called Politics? Lol, what else is there?

The Twisted Samurai

1. I friggin love Philosophy. Shame upon my school it is only once a week!
2. If you say it is Politics, then it is all fine.

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

I've never actually done Philosophy. I read a book on it though and it was heavyyyy. Plus I have several friends who have told me not to take it as a side module at uni :P I thought it sounded pretty interesting myself. Depends what area I guess.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

samboo1 wrote:
By the way Americans, what's the whole major thing about in college for you? I've heard the american degree systems have scope for you to learn about a wider range of subjects, but I've never really known how.

I don't know what you're asking about here. I'm gonna take a guess at what you mean and say that I'm currently studying web development, and though I should be learning HTML, CSS, etc, I'm currently taking a C++ programming class, an Information to Technology class, and a Microsoft Office class as prerequisites...

I think it's to prepare for what might come ahead instead of teaching you ONLY what you need to just get the job. You never know when you might have write something for your site in Word.

The Twisted Samurai

samboo1 wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

I've never actually done Philosophy. I read a book on it though and it was heavyyyy. Plus I have several friends who have told me not to take it as a side module at uni :P I thought it sounded pretty interesting myself. Depends what area I guess.

To be honest, I like have no idea, what Philosphy, in essence, is. At the moment, we talk a lot about ideas of older Philosophers and that´s about it. We then try to interpret and connect our ideas to theirs.
Thinking like that, though, is totally something I can do.

AABattery wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

I don't know what you're asking about here. I'm gonna take a guess at what you mean and say that I'm currently studying web development, and though I should be learning HTML, CSS, etc, I'm currently taking a C++ programming class, an Information to Technology class, and a Microsoft Office class as prerequisites...

I think it's to prepare for what might come ahead instead of teaching you ONLY what you need to just get the job. You never know when you might have write something for your site in Word.

Hmm, it could be read wrong. I meant like, don't you pick a major to study, but then get to do other stuff as well? It's just the impression I got from press and TV, etc. Like here, I pick a subject and do only that for 3 years, with very little room to study other topics. I just heard you had more scope over there.

My childhood right here

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
samboo1 wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

To be honest, I like have no idea, what Philosphy, in essence, is. At the moment, we talk a lot about ideas of older Philosophers and that´s about it. We then try to interpret and connect our ideas to theirs.
Thinking like that, though, is totally something I can do.

We had a philosophy major visit our English class last year.
Shit was deep, man.

I'm just happy that I'm getting good grades this year.

I GOT A 90% ON MY AP U.S. HISTORY UNIT TESTTTT :D :D :D

Last year sucked...

My childhood right here

I had a quiz on 60 elements and their symbols. I studied twice, for five minutes each. I knew every single element on the quiz.
FUCK YES!

Steel Turnabout wrote:
I had a quiz on 60 elements and their symbols. I studied twice, for five minutes each. I knew every single element on the quiz.
FUCK YES!

NICE JOB MAN!!! What grade are you in?

1000% Knight

Today I had my first Japanese class of the year (and my first class of the year :P)

I thought I was a big shot, because I'm a second-year in a third-year course, but then the freshman from France who can't decide if he wants to major on Japanese or Chinese introduced himself.

And then I found out about the high school student T_T
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

My childhood right here

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
FUCK YES!

Tenth. But I'm an idiot, so that makes it even cooler!

Steel Turnabout wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
FUCK YES!

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I passed my AP U.S. test...I'm like..."WOOT! I'M AN IDIOT BUT I GOT AN A!!" :D
Uh...trust me, it just gets harder from there before it gets easier...12th grade is a lot better than any other grade for a lot of reasons.
-you know who you are, no more identity crisis
-you know the amount of work to expect
-senior year is fun

I mean sure, there's the stress of choosing the right college and a lot of other crap, but still, it's pretty cool.

My childhood right here

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Haha, that's exactly what I thought when I passed my AP U.S. test...I'm like..."WOOT! I'M AN IDIOT BUT I GOT AN A!!" :D
Uh...trust me, it just gets harder from there before it gets easier...12th grade is a lot better than any other grade for a lot of reasons.
-senior year is fun

I mean sure, there's the stress of choosing the right college and a lot of other crap, but still, it's pretty cool.

I'm in college level French, and Trigonometry, with juniors. I'm supposed to be in ninth grade. Lolwut.

I'm sat in my uni room now. Moved in today. Scary stuff!!!! Registration stuff all week next week, then classes the week after. *sucks at meeting new people so will isolate herself in room*

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Visit your school's Anime Club.

Anime Club in my school just started on friday... Very interesting people... with like minds... I actually found someone who's played Ace Attorney there!

AABattery wrote:

Anime Club in my school just started on friday... Very interesting people... with like minds... I actually found someone who's played Ace Attorney there!

That sounds awesome. We don't have an Anime club. The closest is the Film Society, which say they will be showing some Anime. I'll definitely be joining that.

Steel Turnabout wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

-senior year is fun

I'm in college level French, and Trigonometry, with juniors. I'm supposed to be in ninth grade. Lolwut.

Haha, nice. Yeah I'm in college level French too. Well, that just means you're a smart cookie! :cookie: :edgy:

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

samboo1 wrote:
AABattery wrote:

That sounds awesome. We don't have an Anime club. The closest is the Film Society, which say they will be showing some Anime. I'll definitely be joining that.

You can even go about making your own club. My club leader is awesome. She walked around the school dressed as the Dark Magician Girl handing out flyers. It's that sort of thing that grab people's attention...

My childhood right here

PhoenixFlower16 wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:

-senior year is fun

Haha, nice. Yeah I'm in college level French too. Well, that just means you're a smart cookie! :cookie: :edgy:

I like cookies. A lot...
And my school doesn't have an anime class. The closest we have is Video Game Design, which is full of fans.

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

samboo1 wrote:
Hmm, it could be read wrong. I meant like, don't you pick a major to study, but then get to do other stuff as well? It's just the impression I got from press and TV, etc. Like here, I pick a subject and do only that for 3 years, with very little room to study other topics. I just heard you had more scope over there.

Well, it depends on the university, but here in CA most universities have these requirements for General Education that tend to cover several fields. At my school, they have what's called Programs of Concentration (mandatory for all students) where, say if you're taking some sort of sciencey (or Math) major, you have to take 6 courses in Humanities and 6 courses in Social Sciences. If you take a Humanities major, you take 6 in Math/Science and 6 in Social Sciences, etc. For engineers like me, we get Area Studies, which are similar, but we only have to take 3 courses of each because we have more required classes than other majors.
The schools really like to emphasize that you might not end up liking your major, and allow a lot of flexibility regarding your interests (they say it's fine to change your major numerous times). Did that explain it somewhat?

Also, I've now moved in and I was feeling homesick by the second night. Luckily I only live an hour away and have a mother who can't bear to leave me alone so I get to go home on weekends :godot: It feels good to have my own room when I have to share a tiny triple during the week. My roommates are also early risers. I go to sleep past midnight and my classes start late, so this'll be annoying. Everyone seems pretty cool, though (I was about to say they were all pretty "chill"... everyone says that around here O.o) and my university is split into six "colleges" which they explain are similar to Hogwarts' houses, and my college's theme this year is Pokemon. My orientation group was the Squirtle Squad.
Hell yes.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

There is a college in my city that lets you take on double majors, which means that you can focus on two different majors at the same time. They also allow you to create your own major by combining different classes. I heard that this one women made a combination and called it "Japanese Economics" or something like that.

Jade wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

Well, it depends on the university, but here in CA most universities have these requirements for General Education that tend to cover several fields. At my school, they have what's called Programs of Concentration (mandatory for all students) where, say if you're taking some sort of sciencey (or Math) major, you have to take 6 courses in Humanities and 6 courses in Social Sciences. If you take a Humanities major, you take 6 in Math/Science and 6 in Social Sciences, etc. For engineers like me, we get Area Studies, which are similar, but we only have to take 3 courses of each because we have more required classes than other majors.
The schools really like to emphasize that you might not end up liking your major, and allow a lot of flexibility regarding your interests (they say it's fine to change your major numerous times). Did that explain it somewhat?

Also, I've now moved in and I was feeling homesick by the second night. Luckily I only live an hour away and have a mother who can't bear to leave me alone so I get to go home on weekends :godot: It feels good to have my own room when I have to share a tiny triple during the week. My roommates are also early risers. I go to sleep past midnight and my classes start late, so this'll be annoying. Everyone seems pretty cool, though (I was about to say they were all pretty "chill"... everyone says that around here O.o) and my university is split into six "colleges" which they explain are similar to Hogwarts' houses, and my college's theme this year is Pokemon. My orientation group was the Squirtle Squad.
Hell yes.

Yeah, it's the whole flexibility of your majors that is the main difference with your system and ours. I think it's better. I tried to change course last year and had to drop out of my uni and reapply. So basically wasted a year just becuase they wouldn't let me switch!

You're lucky you're not too far away. I do like having my own room, and it's really pretty ^_^ I'm ringing up some different unis tomorrow though, to see if I can transfer. I'm not optimistic about this at all, but I'm wishing I stayed closer to home SO much. It's not about leaving my family or homesickness, I just don't want to live in student accommodation and the only way to avoid this is to commute to uni, so live close. Honestly don't know what to do if they say no tomorrow...I think I'll break down and cry probably. :larry: I'm not a stereotypical student, so I don't fit in with this environment at all. I know it's only been two days, but I moved out into student accommodation lat year too, and that didn't end well. Been regretting my decision for ages now. :yuusaku:

We have an anime club at school, not many people are in it though...
Page 20 of 23 [ 913 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices