Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 21 of 23[ 913 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Re: Let's Talk About The New School YearTopic%20Title

My childhood right here

Jade wrote:
and my university is split into six "colleges" which they explain are similar to Hogwarts' houses, and my college's theme this year is Pokemon. My orientation group was the Squirtle Squad.
Hell yes.

What university is this again? Because I'm gonna go there now.

I'm just here for the Butterbeer.

samboo1 wrote:
Yeah, it's the whole flexibility of your majors that is the main difference with your system and ours. I think it's better. I tried to change course last year and had to drop out of my uni and reapply. So basically wasted a year just becuase they wouldn't let me switch!

You're lucky you're not too far away. I do like having my own room, and it's really pretty ^_^ I'm ringing up some different unis tomorrow though, to see if I can transfer. I'm not optimistic about this at all, but I'm wishing I stayed closer to home SO much. It's not about leaving my family or homesickness, I just don't want to live in student accommodation and the only way to avoid this is to commute to uni, so live close. Honestly don't know what to do if they say no tomorrow...I think I'll break down and cry probably. :larry: I'm not a stereotypical student, so I don't fit in with this environment at all. I know it's only been two days, but I moved out into student accommodation lat year too, and that didn't end well. Been regretting my decision for ages now. :yuusaku:

Dang, that's tough. I moved into the dorms because I'm, well, extremely attached to my house and despise driving, and I'm babied quite a bit, so it's a way to force myself to learn new responsibilities. Still, I know how you feel, I feel kind of strange adapting to student life. I'll try to act like myself and chime into conversations... but then no one responds or laughs. If one of them starts a conversation, everyone else somehow carries it along. Ugh, it seems my awkwardness has returned.
Still, things could look up. Once classes officially start, I might actually meet other internet/game-savvy people... or so I hope. Also, I'm lucky I live in the honors floor. People are already being kicked out of their dorms for drinking. Idiots.

Jade wrote:
samboo1 wrote:
Yeah, it's the whole flexibility of your majors that is the main difference with your system and ours. I think it's better. I tried to change course last year and had to drop out of my uni and reapply. So basically wasted a year just becuase they wouldn't let me switch!

You're lucky you're not too far away. I do like having my own room, and it's really pretty ^_^ I'm ringing up some different unis tomorrow though, to see if I can transfer. I'm not optimistic about this at all, but I'm wishing I stayed closer to home SO much. It's not about leaving my family or homesickness, I just don't want to live in student accommodation and the only way to avoid this is to commute to uni, so live close. Honestly don't know what to do if they say no tomorrow...I think I'll break down and cry probably. :larry: I'm not a stereotypical student, so I don't fit in with this environment at all. I know it's only been two days, but I moved out into student accommodation lat year too, and that didn't end well. Been regretting my decision for ages now. :yuusaku:

Dang, that's tough. I moved into the dorms because I'm, well, extremely attached to my house and despise driving, and I'm babied quite a bit, so it's a way to force myself to learn new responsibilities. Still, I know how you feel, I feel kind of strange adapting to student life. I'll try to act like myself and chime into conversations... but then no one responds or laughs. If one of them starts a conversation, everyone else somehow carries it along. Ugh, it seems my awkwardness has returned.
Still, things could look up. Once classes officially start, I might actually meet other internet/game-savvy people... or so I hope. Also, I'm lucky I live in the honors floor. People are already being kicked out of their dorms for drinking. Idiots.

Yes! I really want to meet some gamers, but the only gaming society they have seems sort of more Call of Dutyish than GOOD games :P

Totally forgot about the US drinking law being different. That would benefit me so much haha, although I guess most students still drink a lot, and it's easy to get hold of? It was easy when I was under 18 at least...

tastes like new reed

These people at my school.
Oh my gosh.
They're annoying to the highest level.
And this girl who sits next to me in band.
Such a kiss up.
And everybody has a Facebook. Except for me. Even though they're 11 or 12. It makes no sense whatsoever.
And my friends from last year doesn't even talk to me anymore.
So now I'm a loner~
I don't really talk to anyone~
I just want my nerdy buddies from last year T__________T
Oh, and I think a teacher actually doesn't like me.
That's never happened before.
Oops.
fdaljflksa; Procrastination. I need to start my L.A. essay and my S.S. project.
Welp, school calls.

Annoying people yaaaaaay .______.

I hate uni, I want to go back to college, I loved college. :'( I hate growing up.

Wow, first time I visit this thread I think. Don't know why though.. probably because I thought it was limited to elementary school? :b
Anyway, I actually found another film school (I'm going for a film career) in my tiny, tiny country, and it's weird that I never heard of it before... you live on the school, they send you abroad within 3 weeks to film some stuff, and they pay for food and what not on the school. It actually sounds pretty descent, but my plan was to work for a year or two before I would continue my studies...
..and then maybe find a film school in England..
..or somewhere else just for the heck of it..
..but this is something happening right here, right now!

what to do, what to do.. hmm :yuusaku:

@samboo: that's awful news! I thought you liked uni?
Latest game update: 25/03/11
If anyone is interested in helping me with the script, please PM me.
UPDATE: Case 2 preview: http://www.4shared.com/video/JAKBIUPG/AAJAD2.html

Jack Lamber wrote:
Wow, first time I visit this thread I think. Don't know why though.. probably because I thought it was limited to elementary school? :b
Anyway, I actually found another film school (I'm going for a film career) in my tiny, tiny country, and it's weird that I never heard of it before... you live on the school, they send you abroad within 3 weeks to film some stuff, and they pay for food and what not on the school. It actually sounds pretty descent, but my plan was to work for a year or two before I would continue my studies...
..and then maybe find a film school in England..
..or somewhere else just for the heck of it..
..but this is something happening right here, right now!

what to do, what to do.. hmm :yuusaku:

@samboo: that's awful news! I thought you liked uni?

You should take the opportunity, definitely! Why did you want to work before carrying on with your studies? Just to save some money up? Nothing wrong with doing it now. Keep us updated?

And...no I don't :grey: I really don't like it. I just feel so alone when I'm there! I'm coming home every chance I get then I don't have feel lonely :larry: . It's so annoying because for like 90% of students, uni is the best years of their life. I've been twice now and never liked it lol, maybe I'm just not meant for uni...

samboo1 wrote:
You should take the opportunity, definitely! Why did you want to work before carrying on with your studies? Just to save some money up? Nothing wrong with doing it now. Keep us updated?

And...no I don't :grey: I really don't like it. I just feel so alone when I'm there! I'm coming home every chance I get then I don't have feel lonely :larry: . It's so annoying because for like 90% of students, uni is the best years of their life. I've been twice now and never liked it lol, maybe I'm just not meant for uni...

I have my reasons :keiko: I wouldn't mind telling you, but it's not something I want to share with just every random person and lurker out there :payne: I'll keep you all updated on what I choose to do though (only if anyone gives a damn of course :mrhat:).

As for you: keep giving it a chance. Trust me, you will REGRET it so much if you ever find yourself giving up on meeting people and getting along with everyone. Even if it feels like no one cares, just don't give up, because then that'll end up being the very reason why you can't get along with anyone. Trust me, I've been there. I had a very rough second year at my gymnasium, only to notice that I've given up on people, and I had a blast the third year. The first year I started off optimistic and happy, but ended up pretty pestimistic. A lot of people just need time to feel comfortable around one another, and then you might end up feeling lonely. And even if that's not the case, then still keep trying.

Of course, if you still find it awful after a few months you should probably find something else but.. never give up on people :igarashi: :igarashi: It'll end up being the reason why you feel lonely.

Jack Lamber wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

I have my reasons :keiko: I wouldn't mind telling you, but it's not something I want to share with just every random person and lurker out there :payne: I'll keep you all updated on what I choose to do though (only if anyone gives a damn of course :mrhat:).

As for you: keep giving it a chance. Trust me, you will REGRET it so much if you ever find yourself giving up on meeting people and getting along with everyone. Even if it feels like no one cares, just don't give up, because then that'll end up being the very reason why you can't get along with anyone. Trust me, I've been there. I had a very rough second year at my gymnasium, only to notice that I've given up on people, and I had a blast the third year. The first year I started off optimistic and happy, but ended up pretty pestimistic. A lot of people just need time to feel comfortable around one another, and then you might end up feeling lonely. And even if that's not the case, then still keep trying.

Of course, if you still find it awful after a few months you should probably find something else but.. never give up on people :igarashi: :igarashi: It'll end up being the reason why you feel lonely.

Thanks for the advice :) I know I would regret it, so it's not really an option. I have my friends at home, so at least I'm not alone in every aspect of life! And there's always next year to make new friends if it ends up being that way this year.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise your reasons would be personal I guess :meekins: No problem for not saying, I understand. But even if no-one else is interested (but this is the school thread so it will always fit :P), I'd like to know how you get on :) One of my friends is just starting a film studies course next week, and is really excited haha. I bet it is an enjoyable course.

You have NO idea how fun film courses are :larry2: Well, I suppose it's a matter of taste, but I really enjoy making and studying movies :)
And well, as you said, my reasons for being in doubt are a bit personal, but by no means a secret. Still, I'd rather not discuss them in a forum that's as open as this :yuusaku:
My big wish is actually to study film in England (duh :P), because I would get to 'study' my two biggest interests at once: british culture and film making.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Wait, what's the difference between college and uni? I thought universities are focused on research or more focused towards a certain major.
Visit my site! It's running smoothly. Just needs content!

AABattery wrote:
Wait, what's the difference between college and uni? I thought universities are focused on research or more focused towards a certain major.

In the U.K-
College - 16-18 year olds
Uni - 18+

I think americans tend to call uni, college. So it gets confusing.

I've totally found these to be true of most students:

Spoiler:

My childhood right here

To all y'all in a rough spot, blah blah, emotional, yadda yadda, TAKE MY PHILOSOPHY! *blam!*
You can only succeed if you open up to others. Don't ever hide your true self in order to fit in. If you're not accepted by certain people, you shouldn't be with them anyways. Just believe in yourself, and you can do anything. Don't let doubt keep you from spreading your wings. You need confidence to soar.

samboo1 wrote:

Spoiler:

And these memes aren't even funny, just kinda sad :sadshoe:
But hey, everyone's different, and I bet you haven't even met half of the people out there yet :phoenix:

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Had my first precalc test and in class written essay this week. I took precalc back in high school so I'm sure I remembered a lot of it and did well. I have NEVER prepared for an in class essay as much as I had done so on Thursday. Fingers crossed for an A or B.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:
Had my first precalc test and in class written essay this week. I took precalc back in high school so I'm sure I remembered a lot of it and did well. I have NEVER prepared for an in class essay as much as I had done so on Thursday. Fingers crossed for an A or B.

Good luck with that :phoenix: When will the results be available?

Ace Nobody

Spoiler:
[/quote]

God, that meme cracks me up all the time.

About the difference between college and universities, here in America people use "college" in everyday talk as a blanket term for your education past high school, but if you get specific about it, universities are more formal, usually 4-year schools. College is usually short for community college, ideal for getting your general education requirements out of the way without paying so much, but for most majors you would need to transfer to a university after your second year because community colleges don't usually have the necessary upper division classes.
samboo1 wrote:
In the U.K-
College - 16-18 year olds
Uni - 18+

I think americans tend to call uni, college. So it gets confusing.

Oh, I didn't know that about the UK. I learn something new every day :phoenix:

Slowly but surely, I'm talking more with my suitemates, though I feel so different from them that I stumble in trying to find a conversation. I usually end up talking about classes/university stuff, which is the only topic I know that everyone can join in, but one-on-one conversations seem to go better (because then they /have/ to respond to me XD). Still, there's like, one or two suitemates that seem to keep all talking with me to a minimum. I'm pretty sure there's no malicious intent, but one's a roommate, so it's a bit awkward to say hi to them and have them pretty much ignore you. :/

Still, I'm holding out on the idea that I will find more people to talk to. I met my Computer Engineering mentor and she's pretty awesome~ But because of the mentoring meeting I missed the first meeting for the Video Game Development Club, so I hope I can join that in the future. I asked around and there's nothing anime-related so far, so I'm sticking to this for the moment. >3>

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Jade wrote:
About the difference between college and universities, here in America people use "college" in everyday talk as a blanket term for your education past high school, but if you get specific about it, universities are more formal, usually 4-year schools. College is usually short for community college, ideal for getting your general education requirements out of the way without paying so much, but for most majors you would need to transfer to a university after your second year because community colleges don't usually have the necessary upper division classes.

No, that's not right... not all colleges are community colleges, inexpensive, and only 2 year, nor are all universities 4 year and expensive... I decided to search this up and most of the results say the same as this site.

I still don't like it here, but I had my first lecture today, which went pretty well. I have a really nice lecturer, and it sounds like it's going to be an interesting module, even though he said most students hate it. I just can't wait to get more work (weird I know), then I can focus on something else, apart from hating uni!!

AABattery wrote:
Jade wrote:

No, that's not right... not all colleges are community colleges, inexpensive, and only 2 year, nor are all universities 4 year and expensive... I decided to search this up and most of the results say the same as this site.

Ah, so it's based more on size? I see, that makes sense. I suppose I was describing more about the colleges I've seen in my area, which are basically either 2-year community or 4-year university SOOOO my definition isn't accurate, but this clears it up for me too :D
I have learned something new once again! :redd:

On a side note, my programming class is the bomb. Earlier I was telling my friends that I loved how I would type in code AND THEN THE MAGIC WOULD HAPPEN. So I attended class later and the professor was showing us some code with parts we hadn't learned yet... then he circled some parts and was like, "Ok guys, for now, this stuff is magic." And he writes "MAGIC" under it. I died of lulz.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Jade wrote:
On a side note, my programming class is the bomb. Earlier I was telling my friends that I loved how I would type in code AND THEN THE MAGIC WOULD HAPPEN. So I attended class later and the professor was showing us some code with parts we hadn't learned yet... then he circled some parts and was like, "Ok guys, for now, this stuff is magic." And he writes "MAGIC" under it. I died of lulz.

That feel when you make a program that takes 2 hrs of work in under 30 minutes and just watch the rest of the class typing while you lay back and drink some Mountain Dew...

This semester I am in Spanish, Math, Biology and Consumer Society. I've basically failed all the tests in these classes except for Consumer Society but I've been getting better in Spanish and (sort of) Math. Biology is probably going to be a bust, the first test in that class was HARD. Consumer Society is a retake due to stupid reasons and hopefully I will pass it this time.

I have to take spanish this year....with a teacher that doesn't even like me :edgeworth:

tastes like new reed

Two of my teachers have given me compliments and I didn't know how to handle them it was just jfdkajf;dlsa.
Band Teacher: *after I demonstrated something on the clarinet* "I like the tone that you used."
L.A. Teacher: "I like your cursive, it's not every year you get to see neat cursive such as yours." "You know that comic strip that you did in class? It's hanging in the hallway. A lot of people came by, asking who you were, including the art teacher."

I don't know how to handle compliments... Hehe...

Spoiler: Spoiler'd For Length
On the downside I have to sit next to this annoying girl in band.
She always snaps at me if I don't put down my clarinet or if I don't do something right.
I'm just sitting there like, "What the crap. Can I just move. Please."
And today she snapped at me for not having the right brand of reeds.
Me talking to myself: "Bitch, please. I had a better grade than you on our playing tests on our interim and he gave me a compliment on my tone. Suck. It."
And then she tried to get into my Asian buddy and I's conversation. So I sorta muttered, "I don't believe I was talking to you." and she asked, "How is that possible?"
I DUNNO.
MAYBE.
MAYBE.
I WAS TALKING TO MY TENOR SAX PLAYING FRIEND OVER HERE.
Y'KNOW?

There's another girl who tried to argue with me that Moscow was located in Ukraine.
I don't even.
I just.
I don't know.
She thought Ukraine ended where the mountain range in west Russia was.
I just.
I don't know how she did not see the lines separating the countries.
And then she told me that I was a nerd because I knew that Poland was located in Europe.
How am I a nerd for knowing that?
I mean, seriously.
But it hurt. Because I hadn't seen her for 2 years, and after a month of seeing her again I realize that she's the same whiny, I'm-so-hot girl from 3rd grade.

And I cannot emphasize how much I hate it that everyone has a Facebook.
I'm sorry, but what happened to phone calls and email?
Or do you just use Facebook to start pointless drama?
You aren't even old enough to have a Facebook. You're 11. Eleven. ELEVEN.

I just don't like these people. I can't believe I liked the guys I liked in 3rd grade. I can't believe I was friends with those whiny girls in 3rd grade.

*sobs*

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

filipinoamerican wrote:

How about "Thank you"?

tastes like new reed

AABattery wrote:
filipinoamerican wrote:

How about "Thank you"?

Yeah, I guess. I use that a lot, though.
And sometimes I say "okay" in a really small voice.
Awkward turtle yaay.

rock on rebel warriors

filipinoamerican wrote:

ignore bitches, live a long and prosperous life
alles ist scheisse

Finding my course really interesting, but quite difficult, because I'm terrible at motivating myself. I got told my lectures aren't compulsory, which really isn't a good thing to say to someone like me, because I spent the day shopping today, instead of going to class!!

samboo1 wrote:
Finding my course really interesting, but quite difficult, because I'm terrible at motivating myself. I got told my lectures aren't compulsory, which really isn't a good thing to say to someone like me, because I spent the day shopping today, instead of going to class!!

And that is the reason why I considered uni, even though I doubt I could manage the courses :P
And you being terrible at motivating yourself is another thing we got in common it seems :redd:

Jack Lamber wrote:
samboo1 wrote:

And that is the reason why I considered uni, even though I doubt I could manage the courses :P
And you being terrible at motivating yourself is another thing we got in common it seems :redd:

Haha, it's terrible isn't it? :payne: I can motivate myself when it counts, like at exam times and stuff. But right now, I just can't! And I constantly feel guilty about it too. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be ok. I'm not the type to fail anything, I've never failed an exam or anything, and I don't intend to start now!

My childhood right here

So, turns out I never signed up for the PSAT's, and my mom is up my ass about it. You don't even need them for college, and she acts like I just dropped out of school.
On a side note, I have trig and english homework, and instead I'm playing Legacy of Goku.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Steel Turnabout wrote:
So, turns out I never signed up for the PSAT's, and my mom is up my ass about it. You don't even need them for college, and she acts like I just dropped out of school.
On a side note, I have trig and english homework, and instead I'm playing Legacy of Goku.

The SAT is dumb. That's all I'm really going to say about that piece of shit that wasted my time.

Yesterday I was just assigned ANOTHER essay (fourth consecutive one). This time I need to expand the definition of an abstract word. Fuck. I don't know what to write about.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Programming, programming, me likey <33
Except I went to some presentation today by someone who wrote books on technical interviews and she explained the whole process to getting a job in this industry. I'm... pretty scared. I was looking forward to trying to get an internship after my first year just like my CSE mentor, but they're gonna ask me questions about a ton of stuff I haven't learned yet!! I don't know what these tree... table... things... whatever she mentioned are! Most second-years seemed to understand, so I guess that's when I learn it.

My first college midterm ever is on Monday and I'm a bit nervous. It's math, and though most of it is Calc stuff I learned in high school, we started on polar coordinates and I'm like "HOW DOES I MAKE ELLIPSE" so I need to get my butt in gear for that.

ALSOALSO There is a legit video game-developing club I just joined and we're now in the pre-production phase. I'm uber-excited for this.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Jade wrote:
ALSOALSO There is a legit video game-developing club I just joined and we're now in the pre-production phase. I'm uber-excited for this.

Lucky. I've been trying to make a videogame developing club for a while now, but they won't accept it as a club until next semester... I'M NOT GONNA BE HERE NEXT SEMESTER!

rock on rebel warriors

Steel Turnabout wrote:

PSATs are this Saturday an' fuck that shit.
alles ist scheisse

rock on rebel warriors

Krazytimes wrote:

Erbugbrubgsal just kidding I'm apparently taking them now, wow
alles ist scheisse

My childhood right here

Krazytimes wrote:
Steel Turnabout wrote:

Right? I didn't even fuckin' sign up and I gotta take that pile of shit. God fucking dammit.
So, me and my friend Jake are apparently the smartest in my Video Game Design class (Not that hard, really) Our teacher suggested we join the FBLA club. Suggestions?
And on a side note, my mom took my phone, upgraded it to a iPhone 4S, gave my sister her old number and the iPhone 4, and I get her old shitty Tracphone (which she only had because she literally destroyed every other phone she's had). I'm being very mature about this, even though I don't even get to keep my old smartphone to use over Wifi. I haven't complained or made threats at all. I deserve a medal or something.

Gone sarnet, Gunter!

Does a cookie suffice?

Anyway, I took the SAT... I had to. All the colleges I applied to require it. Funny thing, though, I'm at a college that didn't need it.

Steel Turnabout wrote:
And on a side note, my mom took my phone, upgraded it to a iPhone 4S, gave my sister her old number and the iPhone 4, and I get her old shitty Tracphone (which she only had because she literally destroyed every other phone she's had). I'm being very mature about this, even though I don't even get to keep my old smartphone to use over Wifi. I haven't complained or made threats at all. I deserve a medal or something.

I'm on it. Here you go.
Page 21 of 23 [ 913 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices