Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 1 of 2[ 70 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

MAX GALACTICA (Gay or straight?)Topic%20Title

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

So we come to the biggest conundrum in the entire series.
Max Galactica.
is he gay or straight? he says that regina is his sweetie, but he acts distant to her and also dismisses her.
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!
Re: MAX GALACTICA (Gay or straight?)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

He's Straight.

But he's arrogant hence the dismissiveness and why he's distant to her at times...too busy caught up in his own world..plus he's being prosecuted for murder at the time so he's kinda preoccupied with his own problems at the time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Call me James

He's straight, but just extremely fabulous. :cards:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Okay okay, but the guy wears overly excessive layers of make-up (more than a performer needs) as well as having a wardrobe that consists of pink pants,tops and shoes as well as a purple top hat. He wears white roses, has pink star tatooes on his face as well as the biggest hair style all made of PINK! plus his little twiddly hand gesture all leads to the big connundrum but i say he is bisexual

Gettin' Old!

And I say your leading off into wild fan-speculation so we need to crush it before it becomes embedded forever. I mean really why ask our opinion if you are just going to dismiss them anyway?

His makeup is perfectly appropriate for his image I didn't think he'd overdone it. If he was done up like Moe was (with the full clown face paint) I think he'd have overdone it but for a magician act with stars and glitter it seems perfectly adequate.

Also colour is no basis for sexual orientation. Though I never knew there was anything gay about white roses or purple.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

He isn't gay, just European. (No-one made the joke yet so...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuU3tXSyfKc
Awesome sig by awesome Nadini!

Dimbo wrote:
He isn't gay, just European. (No-one made the joke yet so...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuU3tXSyfKc

Fair play. I like that joke :)

Fairly sure he's straight, but one can never be too sure.. :godot:

I honestly think he was one of my favorite characters in the entire series.
I ship Miles and Edgeworth. // I currently have an addiction to Tumblr (ask-franziska) and SoulSilver. :3

Woo! Woo! Woo!

Lol, I'm sure he's straight. Didn't he want to marry Regina?

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

I think he's straight, but just playing his part like Will Powers did about not ruining things for the kids. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's just a very good actor seeing as Billy Bob Johns only surfaced once.

The Twisted Samurai

He´s straight, considering the fact he´s gonna (happily) marry Regina, also a little pedophile. (Wasn´t she like, 16 in that case? Dunno, hate it...)

Seems to be a commom trait for magicians in the AA-Universe wearing gay colors. (Zak Gramarye)
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Gettin' Old!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
He´s straight, considering the fact he´s gonna (happily) marry Regina, also a little pedophile. (Wasn´t she like, 16 in that case? Dunno, hate it...)

Seems to be a commom trait for magicians in the AA-Universe wearing gay colors. (Zak Gramarye)

16 is legal to marry and have sex in my country.
Also how dare you spit on the great Gramarye name! Zak would bust your head in with his mighty magician biceps for that. What'd he ever do that was paedophilic?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Twisted Samurai

I was merely talkin´about the common trait they share: The gayish color they wear.

Gettin' Old!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
I was merely talkin´about the common trait they share: The gayish color they wear.

Y'see it's this kinda logic that leads to all those people thinking Edgeworth is gay, not that there's anything wrong with that but determining sexual identity based on colour alone is flawed reasoning. The way I see it Magicians need to be flamboyant, it's not just a simple trick they putting on it's a wondrous show filled with colour and awesomeness.

Hell every member of Troupe Gramayre sports a different primary colour with Magnifi himself donning black so they even have a theme going there.

Magenta isn't a particularly gay colour anyway, don't know why people think it is.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The cape is self-fluttering

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:

Max is 21, which isn't nearly as bad as Ben, who was a 31-year-old trying to pursue someone half his age.

It technically isn't pedophilia, although if you factor in Regina's mental age, it is a little messed up.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

The Twisted Samurai

@Pierre: It was kinda meant to be a joke...

Gettin' Old!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
@Pierre: It was kinda meant to be a joke...

Aha! Well now you will be better prepared for when you venture into the real world and meet people who don't have a sense of humour!

Quote:
It technically isn't pedophilia, although if you factor in Regina's mental age, it is a little messed up.

Also I dunno they are all a little childish at the Berry Big Circus, for all we know he could share her idyllic little abstinent prince and princess vision.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

Pierre pretty much hit the nail on the head when it comes to my position. It doesn't follow from wearing pink/purple and makeup and having a flamboyant attitude that he is gay. Admittedly, though, it also doesn't follow from his intent to marry Regina that he's heterosexual. For me, Max's intent to marry Regina and his willingness to compete with Trilo for her affection pretty much ensured to me that I didn't even consider the possibility of his being gay until this thread was posted.
I'll always love you, Max.

Zoinks

He could be bi, you know...
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

The Twisted Samurai

Yellow Magician wrote:

At times you could say that about the whole AA-Universe...

Gettin' Old!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
Yellow Magician wrote:

No you could say that about anything. There's no real extreme stereotype for bisexuality to my knowledge. Apparently purple is the bi colour? I've heard but it just don't make sense to me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Zoinks

Pierre wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
Yellow Magician wrote:

No you could say that about anything.

True, unless you can somehow tie Maximillion Galactica to David Bowie or something.

But that's impossible because Galactica is nowhere near as *FABULOUS* :keiko:
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

The Twisted Samurai

Pierre wrote:
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
Yellow Magician wrote:

No you could say that about anything. There's no real extreme stereotype for bisexuality to my knowledge. Apparently purple is the bi colour? I've heard but it just don't make sense to me.

Ok, perhaps I was too general.
But if you consider the fanart, the fanfics etc. you will see, how many gay / bi stories there exists of a few certain (main)-characters.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
But if you consider the fanart, the fanfics etc. you will see, how many gay / bi stories there exists of a few certain (main)-characters.

Nah don't worry Coffee XD Wasn't getting on at ya was agreeing saying bisexuality is such a neutral stereotype anyone (not just in the AA universe) could be called bi.

Though all those fanart and fanfics tend to be ridiculous to me anyway so I pay them no heed XD And I definitely wouldn't consider them evidence of homo/bisexuality.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Twisted Samurai

Pierre wrote:
Quote:

Nah don't worry Coffee XD Wasn't getting on at ya was agreeing saying bisexuality is such a neutral stereotype anyone (not just in the AA universe) could be called bi.

Though all those fanart and fanfics tend to be ridiculous to me anyway so I pay them no heed XD And I definitely wouldn't consider them evidence of homo/bisexuality.

Me neither.
But ain´t it kinda funny, how many "thoughts" about bisuexuality in AA-Universe exist?
I mean, call it too much interpretation, but I suppose CAPCOM leaves it kinda open. Perhaps intentionally?

Gettin' Old!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Quote:

Me neither.
But ain´t it kinda funny, how many "thoughts" about bisuexuality in AA-Universe exist?
I mean, call it too much interpretation, but I suppose CAPCOM leaves it kinda open. Perhaps intentionally?

Dude don't give into those nutty fans.
If they intended romance they'd have romance, it's not left open to interpretation...but interpretation is a matter of opinion and ain't nothing that can stop an opinion.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Bowie reference actually hits the nail on the head.

Max Galactica (like Bowie in the first phase of his career) plays the part of a camp, fabulous and (explicitly for Bowie, implicitly for Max) flamboyantly homosexual entertainer, when underneath they are a much more reserved, less showy heterosexual with country-lifestyle background.

Unlike Bowie, who dropped the character in the mid-Seventies, we only see glimpses behind Max's facade, as he never leaves the character behind.

darquegk wrote:
The Bowie reference actually hits the nail on the head.

Max Galactica (like Bowie in the first phase of his career) plays the part of a camp, fabulous and (explicitly for Bowie, implicitly for Max) flamboyantly homosexual entertainer, when underneath they are a much more reserved, less showy heterosexual with country-lifestyle background.

Unlike Bowie, who dropped the character in the mid-Seventies, we only see glimpses behind Max's facade, as he never leaves the character behind.

i had considered the connection between Max and Bowie, however i overlooked this at first and based most of my assumptions on personality (to a lesser extent)
but still now thaty i think about it, it makes alot more sence

Gay characters in Justice For All? Look no further than Phoenix's attitude about Edgeworth. :hotti:
The reason for my eagerness is my want to pursue the truth, and my want to believe in the strength of those who use the power of the law for good. As someone who has chosen to live my life as a prosecutor... that is my new creed.

Gettin' Old!

Logic Chess wrote:
Gay characters in Justice For All? Look no further than Phoenix's attitude about Edgeworth. :hotti:

Grrrrf....rrrf..why I outta! *shakes fist*
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The cape is self-fluttering

Logic Chess wrote:

*looks at avatar*

If that isn't the frilly teapot calling spiky kettle black... :P
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Hey, I'm not denying anything here. I'm just saying it's obvious with Phoenix. ;)
The reason for my eagerness is my want to pursue the truth, and my want to believe in the strength of those who use the power of the law for good. As someone who has chosen to live my life as a prosecutor... that is my new creed.

Hes straight. If he likes Regina, then how is he gay?
Also, there is no proof in the story that says hes gay.

The Twisted Samurai

Dogot wrote:
Hes straight. If he likes Regina, then how is he gay?
Also, there is no proof in the story that says hes gay.

Well, he sure aint gay, but there is lotsa stuff, thay seems kinda suspicious.

First, that he even calls Phoenix "Sweetie Pie", next all that "fabulous stuff".
Then his costume...
I dont imply that pink implies gayness, yet it strikes one pretty much in the face.
Also his make-up...

Well, I guess, metrosexual would be the most satisfaying answer.

Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥

I wouldn't say that he is gay.

Okay, he has a pink costume, makeup, pink hair, all this stuff. It really doesn't make him gay, maybe he just likes it. And from calling Phoenix "Sweetie Pie", etc., well, duh. I can say that as well and I'm a girl. And because he likes Regina - okay, maybe.. Only as a crush or very close friends. No reason, that he is actually gay (which he is not, of course) and uh, yeah. He is a magician and dressing up like this is just normal, I guess?

... Maybe he is bisexual? :keiko:

The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions

시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에

Trivia 轉 : Seesaw

Zvarri! The truth is revealing itslef!

There! Right There!
Look at that condescending smirk.
Seen it on every guy at work.
That is a metro hetero jerk.
That guy's not gay, I say no way.
That is the elephant in the room.
Well is it relevant to presume
that a hottie in that costume
Is automatically-radically Ironically chronically Certainly pertin'tly Genetically medically gay! officaly gay! officaly gay gay gay
DAMMIT!
(Now seriously, I dont think he is gay. I belive he just likes being the center of attention, which in no means makes him gay. And seriously, gay because he wears purple? Thats the dumbest, most nerrowminded argument I have ever heard. ITS A COLOR. WHO CARES?)

Gettin' Old!

Good reference to the song
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I don't think he's gay.

He's certainly not straight.

But I do think he's a pedophile x )

Deputy of Self-Esteem

TVTropes has all the answers
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

The Twisted Samurai

Wooster wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvwGD0hY5oE
Taking the excitement off the discussion, what a bummer. ._.
Page 1 of 2 [ 70 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)