Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen

Page 1 of 2[ 49 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ghost Trick's futureTopic%20Title

I once heard someone say (on THIS VERY FORUM) that Takumi wanted to make more Ghost Trick. My question is: does anyone have any idea where that information came from?
Also, since it's been well over a year now since the game came out, I think it's safe to talk about this. Let's speculate on Ghost Trick's hypothetical future!
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!
Re: Ghost Trick's futureTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

If there were a hypothetical Ghost Trick 2. I wonder if we'll have a new protagonist. Ghost Trick's story, or rather, Sissle's story is quite well contained. There aren't any real open ended questions which would require the same cast. And, considering the crux of Ghost Trick's major turnabout, I'm not sure Sissle could return and be just as epic.

I think, if the same cast were to return, I think a prequel would work better.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

If they used (part of) the same cast, if there's one thing that wouldn't work is precisely a prequel. All the events of GT stemmed from that meteorite fall, and the game explained pretty much everything that needed to be explained. The only thing they could cover in a prequel would be where the meteorite came from... and it certainly wouldn't involve Sissel or any of the characters from the original game.
The only prequel that would sort of work with the original cast would be a prequel without any ghost tricks... and we know this isn't going to happen.

Actually, Takumi could go into more details of what happened between the time Sissel (the person) got hit by the meteorite fragment and the beginning of the game. The only problem would be (just like for other prequels)

What I believe might happen is a sequel based on that meteorite fragment the blue-skinned villain escaped with near the end of GT. We don't know who those guys were to begin with (except that they were foreigners looking to get their hands on the meteorite fragment and its powers), and what they intend to do with that fragment. That's some of the only things Takumi left open for interpretation... and to give himself something to hook up a sequel with.

Or something else entirely.
ImageImageImage

L~A wrote:
What I believe might happen is a sequel based on that meteorite fragment the blue-skinned villain escaped with near the end of GT. We don't know who those guys were to begin with (except that they were foreigners looking to get their hands on the meteorite fragment and its powers), and what they intend to do with that fragment. That's some of the only things Takumi left open for interpretation... and to give himself something to hook up a sequel with.

Or something else entirely.

Spoiler: Spoiler, don't read if you haven't finnished the game.
Actualy, the fragment comander Sith took off with is the same as the one that's now in Sissel's body. Time was completely rewritten at the end of the game, so the blue-skinned people never got their hands on that rock (or even learned about it's existence).

--------------

Gettin' Old!

So a second meteorite lands in a separate part of the world, commence similar adventure
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
So a second meteorite lands in a separate part of the world, commence similar adventure

Seems a bit far fetched, don't you think?
--------------

Gettin' Old!

beterbomen wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Seems a bit far fetched, don't you think?

So it's set in a different universe (ala Final Fantasy) and the powers come about some different way (which also allows the developers to present new additions to the gameplay). Problem solved.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Question: Is there anyone here who doesn't want a sequel? (Note: I'm not asking if anyone thinks there shouldn't BE a sequel because it doesn't fit into the storyline, I'm asking if there's anyone who doesn't WANT a sequel. If Takumi wanted to make a sequel, he'd find a way to pull it off.)
--------------

OBJECTION!

Sissel's story is finished with - maybe they could have a new story/cast but with Sissel making a cameo or something? I dont think I want another meteorite story or a prequel.
Those blue people could be brought back as villains though, I dont think we learnt enough about them.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

I think a good idea might be to have Sissel become the next Ray and feature a brand new cast.

Rov wrote:
I think a good idea might be to have Sissel become the next Ray and feature a brand new cast.

Funny, I had the same idea. And about the meteorite thing, it's pretty much impossible to avoid it altogether, since that's where the powers come from.
--------------

OBJECTION!

Rov wrote:

I also think thats a good idea :)

Gettin' Old!

grim_tales wrote:
Rov wrote:

Yeah can see it now.

New Ghost: Wh-wha? What happened to me?! Why's my body down there?!
Sissel: *wakes up from snoozing on a pile of junk* Ah well looks like a new dead guy, interesting.
New Ghost: What happened to me? Who are you?

Etc etc

Though the problem with having Sissel as a brief mentor is that they both need to occur in the same universe which means we need another meteorite to hit.

That or the vet could just uncover something REALLY unusual when Lynne takes Sissel for a checkup.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Meteorites aren't necessarily the only way ghosts can appear, they're just the only way we're aware of.

OBJECTION!

Pierre wrote:
grim_tales wrote:
Rov wrote:

Yeah can see it now.

New Ghost: Wh-wha? What happened to me?! Why's my body down there?!
Sissel: *wakes up from snoozing on a pile of junk* Ah well looks like a new dead guy, interesting.
New Ghost: What happened to me? Who are you?

Etc etc

Though the problem with having Sissel as a brief mentor is that they both need to occur in the same universe which means we need another meteorite to hit.

That or the vet could just uncover something REALLY unusual when Lynne takes Sissel for a checkup.

What about Lynne being a guide/mentor?
If they make a new Ghost Trick, the problem I see (kinda like when we all heard about the 999 sequel) was how to keep it surprising for people who have played the original. :yogi:

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
What about Lynne being a guide/mentor?

Because Lynne is an incompetent klutz

Because Lynne doesn't know about ghost tricks anymore, with the massive rewrite of the past essentially it all never happened for her she has no clue about anything that went on, probably doesn't even know Yomiel never mind the powers.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

What about the piece that's still inside Sissel's body? That can be were the new guy gets his powers from. The real problem would be why they don't bring the guy back to life afterwards.
--------------

Gettin' Old!

beterbomen wrote:
Pierre wrote:

What about the piece that's still inside Sissel's body? That can be were the new guy gets his powers from. The real problem would be why they don't bring the guy back to life afterwards.

Er...the question is more how are they going to get the piece from Sissel?
That kinda involves a bit of brutal invasive surgery on a much-loved character.

I would not support that. Essentially you want this new protagonist to be like the blue villains from the first game who extracted it from Yomiel then use the powers themself...

Sissel is now an immortal zombie-cat-thing you'd need a whole other plot just to get the fragment which would kill Sissel at the same time.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't have to remove the fragment from Sissel's body; to have a character get ghost power, all you need is having that character die near Sissel.

Gettin' Old!

Jozerick wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they don't have to remove the fragment from Sissel's body; to have a character get ghost power, all you need is having that character die near Sissel.

The way he voiced the question it sounded like he intended for the character to have the fragment in his body as he stated

"We'd have to think of some way he wouldn't come back to life".

Though yes dying near a lazy relaxed cat seems a good way to bring in the powers plus the mentor role.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Jozerick wrote:
Pierre wrote:

The way he voiced the question it sounded like he intended for the character to have the fragment in his body as he stated

"We'd have to think of some way he wouldn't come back to life".

Though yes dying near a lazy relaxed cat seems a good way to bring in the powers plus the mentor role.

I never said anything about the new character having the fragment, or that we'd need some way to keep him from comming back to life. I said that they'd need an EXCUSE to keep Sissel and the new guy from bringing him back, or there wouldn't be a game. That can be done in other ways than with Temsik.
--------------

Pierre wrote:

Yup, and in this game, we get a dark version of Sissel, born from the fragments of the meteorite that fell in the park.
And in the third game, we learn that the meteorites actually come from a living planet (understand, the planet = living being), and that the meteorites are actually seeds sent in space to propagate its own species.

Well, sounds great, huh? What? Huh, no, that's totally not a rip-off of the Metroid Prime trilogy scenario. Not at all. So please stfu :keiko:

Seriously, I hope we'll get to learn where the meteorites actually come from.
ImageImageImage

The "miracle" never happen

If they made a Ghost Trick sequel, I'd just like to know why the guys trying to get the meteorite were blue. Were they ALIENS? FROM SPACE?

Gettin' Old!

bijwmoc wrote:
If they made a Ghost Trick sequel, I'd just like to know why the guys trying to get the meteorite were blue. Were they ALIENS? FROM SPACE?

I kinda got the impression they were from...Russia...or somewhere roundabout there. In the Northeast corner of the world.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The "miracle" never happen

They often were referred to as a government of some country, from what I remember. However, it's weird that everybody else looks normal and they are blue, though that could be just a style choice.
What I find curious is that their technology seems much more advanced than what is generally found throughout the game's areas.

Their use of technology is just... off.
--------------

Cat

I have thoughts on this.
Spoiler:
First off, I want to see at least some of this cast return. I am very attached to some of the characters, and I would give a good deal to see how Yomiel's fiancee Sissel looks.
Also, we know perfectly well that powers change with time. If it took place a good while after the game, it's not implausible that Sissel would no longer be able to travel back four minutes; but if he were to take a mentor role, and the new protagonist could travel back, then we would still have the mechanic, without Sissel being able to save the protagonist.
As for the source of the protagonist's power, if they died near Sissel, or even in the park around where the majority of the meteor would still be buried; then they'd get powers. (Keep in mind, even if the fragment got redirected, that still leaves the main part of the meteor in the same spot.)
Actually, I really like the idea of starting the sequel in the park.
Also, I am dying to know more about the blue dudes.
So yeah. That's what I've got.

amymist wrote:
I have thoughts on this.
Spoiler:
First off, I want to see at least some of this cast return. I am very attached to some of the characters, and I would give a good deal to see how Yomiel's fiancee Sissel looks.
Also, we know perfectly well that powers change with time. If it took place a good while after the game, it's not implausible that Sissel would no longer be able to travel back four minutes; but if he were to take a mentor role, and the new protagonist could travel back, then we would still have the mechanic, without Sissel being able to save the protagonist.
As for the source of the protagonist's power, if they died near Sissel, or even in the park around where the majority of the meteor would still be buried; then they'd get powers. (Keep in mind, even if the fragment got redirected, that still leaves the main part of the meteor in the same spot.)
Actually, I really like the idea of starting the sequel in the park.
Also, I am dying to know more about the blue dudes.
So yeah. That's what I've got.

Thank you.
--------------

amymist wrote:
Spoiler:

That's right, I hadn't thought of that. That's clever. I would like to see a sequel made like this.

Jack Attorney

I think a GT 2 is highly possible, but it'll be about another story, with another set of cast and maybe with some cameo returns, because GT original is complete by itself already. There may be some plot left to exploit, but all the major issues have been solved, so if Capcom tries too hard to exploit the miror ones, they may end up ruining the game we all know and love.

But maybe they'll make a second one like Shin Megami Tensei games, i.e. Devil Survival 1 and 2: same mechanics, gameplay, but 2 different unrelated stories.

Well, that's my 2 cents :D

Well, there's nothing stopping them from using the same characters, without de-ranking their appearence to the level of cameos, if they just have them be involved in ways that have nothing to do with the events of the first game.

But let's talk a bit about how the plot could be made related. Now, it's true that the plot is finnished. There isn't anything in it's past that could come back to bite anyone. But that doesn't mean it can't influence the future.
Let's start with the obvious one: Temsik. Now, I think it's pretty unlikely that another meteor of it's kind is going to fall anytime soon, so any new Ghost Tricks would have to come from there. Now, that's not much of a problem, as there were more pieces that fell than just the big piece in the park and the shard inside Sissel. Other people could've picked them up and taken them anywhere in those ten years. But there we already have one connection to the first game.
Then there is the whole rewriting the timeline thing that happened at the end of the game. Who remembers what, exactly, and how have their lives changed? For example, at the end of the game, Lynne has only just become a detective, while at first, she had already been one for some time. What other things could have been affected by Sissel and the others' preventing Yomiel's death?

You see? There is plenty of leeway for them to involve the plot of the first game into the second. You just have to look at it differently.
--------------

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

The way I see it, there are two possibilities for Sequel-Like situations that could happen.

1. Gameplay Sequel, no ties to first game's story/cast
This would probably be the most obvious choice, assuming people are wanting a sequel for more GT gameplay rather than character development. Because of the ending of the original, the only way the original characters could make an appearance is if they were in the background or something, because the characters don't remember anything about the plot (except for maybe Sissel).

2. Characters "Sequel" - One or two characters show up in another game
This would probably be what I prefer. Rather than make an entirely new game, have one or two of the characters come back for another game as a side/cameo character, whether that be Ace Attorney or a new Takumi game. I could easily see meeting an older, middle-aged Lynne in one case of GS6 or something. Maybe there was a case she worked on a long time ago that has had a sudden development and Phoenix gets some info from her or something. (Sissel could be asleep in the background or could keep climbing on Phoenix or some kind of slapstick thing, assuming he hadn't died by then.) Of course, that would also be confirming that GT happened in the same universe as AA, which I wouldn't mind but might make things more complicated.

I think it would be a disservice to the original plot to have a Ghost Trick 2 where Sissel dies and gets hit with a meteorite again or something.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
The way I see it, there are two possibilities for Sequel-Like situations that could happen.

1. Gameplay Sequel, no ties to first game's story/cast
This would probably be the most obvious choice, assuming people are wanting a sequel for more GT gameplay rather than character development. Because of the ending of the original, the only way the original characters could make an appearance is if they were in the background or something, because the characters don't remember anything about the plot (except for maybe Sissel).

2. Characters "Sequel" - One or two characters show up in another game
This would probably be what I prefer. Rather than make an entirely new game, have one or two of the characters come back for another game as a side/cameo character, whether that be Ace Attorney or a new Takumi game. I could easily see meeting an older, middle-aged Lynne in one case of GS6 or something. Maybe there was a case she worked on a long time ago that has had a sudden development and Phoenix gets some info from her or something. (Sissel could be asleep in the background or could keep climbing on Phoenix or some kind of slapstick thing, assuming he hadn't died by then.) Of course, that would also be confirming that GT happened in the same universe as AA, which I wouldn't mind but might make things more complicated.

I think it would be a disservice to the original plot to have a Ghost Trick 2 where Sissel dies and gets hit with a meteorite again or something.

Quote:

Whoa, whoa! Did you even play Ghost Trick? Sissel is dead at the end! And he has been hit by the meteorite! That's the whole reason why a sequel with (part of) the main cast would be possible!

As for your arguments, I don't think it's impossible to have a sequel featuring both, a true Ghost Trick 2 with the evolution of the GT gameplay, and a plot that builds on the original (which I've already explained is possible even with the way the original ended).

I wouldn't like to see Lynne in AA. I keep to the idea that even if GT plays in the same universe as AA, it's probably not the same planet. Of course, I can't say anything about other Takumi games, but I'd rather see them in another Ghost Trick game than anywhere else.
--------------

Spoiler:
-Maybe cat Sissel has baby kittens with another cat and they/one of them gets Temsik powers?

-New bad guy try to get Temsik again?

-Plot twist someone else(new character) got actually hit in the end?

...Yeah I got nothing for an idea of a sequel aside those so I'm pretty curious on how they're going to make GT2, the prequel sounds more likely to happen.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

beterbomen wrote:
Whoa, whoa! Did you even play Ghost Trick? Sissel is dead at the end! And he has been hit by the meteorite! That's the whole reason why a sequel with (part of) the main cast would be possible!

As for your arguments, I don't think it's impossible to have a sequel featuring both, a true Ghost Trick 2 with the evolution of the GT gameplay, and a plot that builds on the original (which I've already explained is possible even with the way the original ended).

I wouldn't like to see Lynne in AA. I keep to the idea that even if GT plays in the same universe as AA, it's probably not the same planet. Of course, I can't say anything about other Takumi games, but I'd rather see them in another Ghost Trick game than anywhere else.

Sissel didn't die at the end!
Spoiler:
He was the happy cat in the new family remember?

And I was talking on more of a narrative level. It would ruin a lot of the first ghost trick if one days Sissel just wakes up dead again.

I was just using that as an example, although I would like to someday see some hints of GT in AA. I generally tend to think it takes place a couple decades before AA.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Sissel didn't die at the end!
Spoiler:
He was the happy cat in the new family remember?

And I was talking on more of a narrative level. It would ruin a lot of the first ghost trick if one days Sissel just wakes up dead again.

I was just using that as an example, although I would like to someday see some hints of GT in AA. I generally tend to think it takes place a couple decades before AA.

Yes, he was the happy cat
Spoiler:
that was still a kitten after ten years, never got sick and had the powers of the dead. He did die. He got struck by the Temsik fragment that pierced through Jowd's leg (he was in the grass behind him). Now, he's like Yomiel was, except he doesn't go crazy over it like Yomiel did. A lot of people seem to mis that.
So he's not "just going to wake up dead again someday". He's already dead, and still has his Ghost Tricks.
--------------

I feel like GT wouldn't need Sissel in the next game. The twist was so good
Spoiler:
seriously would could possibly have guessed that Sissel was in fact a cat? I know my head was blown

that I would expect them to come up with something completely new.

Like maybe because of the Temsik exposure, some people born in that year could have natural abilities that wouldn't awaken only when you die. I guess those wouldn't really be ghost tricks as such, but some connection to the ghost world without being dead themselves could work.

Or we could find out about the planet where the Temsik comes from. I mean there were already blue people in this one so why not set it in space somewhere

Or some crazy-assed idea that only the makers of GT can come up with because I feel mine are too logical. Either way I so would love a sequel to this game :godot:

gems_01 wrote:
I feel like GT wouldn't need Sissel in the next game. The twist was so good
Spoiler:
seriously would could possibly have guessed that Sissel was in fact a cat? I know my head was blown

that I would expect them to come up with something completely new.

Like maybe because of the Temsik exposure, some people born in that year could have natural abilities that wouldn't awaken only when you die. I guess those wouldn't really be ghost tricks as such, but some connection to the ghost world without being dead themselves could work.

Or we could find out about the planet where the Temsik comes from. I mean there were already blue people in this one so why not set it in space somewhere

Or some crazy-assed idea that only the makers of GT can come up with because I feel mine are too logical. Either way I so would love a sequel to this game :godot:

Finally, someone who shares my opinion! Hello!
--------------

^ hey! haha I take it you don't want Sissel as the protagonist either? Not that I have anything against him.

gems_01 wrote:
^ hey! haha I take it you don't want Sissel as the protagonist either? Not that I have anything against him.

Well, I would like Sissel as the protagonist, but if he's not, I won't be bothered.
What I meant was: "Finaly someone who also wants to see a sequel be made, and isn't afraid that the original's ending will be ruined by it somehow!"
--------------
Page 1 of 2 [ 49 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Hosted » Chicken Kitchen