Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby

Page 6 of 8[ 290 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)Topic%20Title

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

Actually, when it comes to the killers, I don't hate them too much; rather, I like to hate them. I hate Portsman for being such an arrogant, brainless, jock, but I just love beating him and watching his breakdown... Lance was such a pathetic brat, but it was so much fun for me to take him down.

However, it's the characters that DON'T get sent to jail annoy me the most...

Queen of Procrastination

I loved Ernest's nows...

But, I must say, I was uberly annoyed with Alba. He ruined the second-half of Case 5 for me.

Wotter boy

I. Do. Not. Like. Portsman.

He killed my favorite character, he's the bad brand of arrogant and annoying, plus he reminded me too much of my older brother.
I liked Yew though, she gave me Yew's Syndrome and her Objection is one of my favorites. :D

^ I found him quite annoying as well :yuusaku: one of the only bad guys I ACTUALLY HATE TO HATE.
I've gotta say though, Ernest Amano was the most annoying guy ever. With his stupid "now....now...now" thing that takes way to long and you can't even skip it. Plus his earlobes freak me out.
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (Topic%20Title

I'm workin' on it.

OLDBAG. Why? Just why? So annoying.

Also, I hated Alba, with his awful theme song and nose. Damn that Luke Atmey look-a-like.

Also, Lance and Ernest Amano. Lance is a coward, and Ernest... well, just look at his ears! (Or should I say "lumps of meat"...?)

Basically, I don't like ugly people. Unless they're awesome. Which these aren't.
Check out my fangame.

... Yeah, that's it.

Last edited by Nyuugen on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Squirtle!

Portsman was just annoying. Stupid show-offy jerk kept trying to be all cool, but all he did was look like an idiot.

Larry was pretty irksome too, same with Mike Meekins
Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

Mike Meekins, Mike Meekins, and Mike Meekins.

Mike Meekins is a terrible character in any game he shows up in, and he's a cancer to the series, and should have never existed. If Mike Meekins ever becomes a victim in a future game, I will be overjoyed.

If you can't tell, I hate Mike Meekins.
*cough*
Shameless advertisement for my Ask Edgeworth blog.
*cough*

Procrastinator.

Oldbag, that annoying man from case 2 and Ernest Amano.
God damn I hate both Amanos but Ernest just makes me want to slap him in the face. LOOK AT THOSE MONEY HE HAS. He's trying to piss me off.
Koishi x Flandre.

Manfred Von Karma

His cockiness was just irking.

I don't like almost all GK's secondary characters...
Portsman, Cammy Meele, Lauren Paups, Lance and Calisto Yew really sux! (just my opinion, okay?)

Of all AA games, GK is the one that used more those cliche anime things. :minuki:

earthlings on fire

dangerousoffender wrote:

Of all AA games, GK is the one that used more those cliche anime things. :minuki:

Unfortunately, you're right. I think that's partially why GK is my least favourite AA game. And the characters are so utterly forgettable and flat. That's why no fanfiction is ever written with them.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

Quote:
Unfortunately, you're right. I think that's partially why GK is my least favourite AA game. And the characters are so utterly forgettable and flat. That's why no fanfiction is ever written with them.

Is good that someone perceived this change too.
Even the designs in GK seems a bit "anime" compared to others AAs. Just think about April May's design and Kay Fadaray. One is too "American HQ Lady" and the another is too "Adventure Anime Girl." :keylady:

Obviously, is just a though about characters. The important thing here is their personalities, because as you said, all secondaries in GK are generic.

I wish I WERE the best.

Some of the characters in AAI aren't flat like Palaeno (who can hate this guy???) or Badd or Tenerio. But the characters who are flat are usually annoying or are the killers.

At least AAI2 has no flat characters whatsoever to me.

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

Not sure why but i think the most stupid character is actually Lang.
Despite his awesomeness he seems to stumble around most of the time having Shih-na looking after him (yes i'm aware of who she was)
even to the point that he makes up lies about knowing his subordinates birthdays. Its only in the last case when he was forced to act on his own did his awesomeness shine through. :marhsal:

Plus as edgey put it best "his Lang-Zi quotes keep getting vaguer and vaguer."
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

The Twisted Samurai

zachariah Von-Karma wrote:
even to the point that he makes up lies about knowing his subordinates birthdays.

How come you think it to be a lie?
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

prosecuting never looked so good ;)

(for arguments sake)
:objection: Image Ok, i may have been a bit overboard by saying "lie", but he tries to act intelligent by saying

[lang]" Hey you!, yeah, you, the second No.1 on my right....... Here, a present for your birthday.....(it's not my b-day)....."Lang Zi says- A cub that disrespects others soon feels the disciplinary bite of an elder." That present isnt for you, its for your younger brother's wife's younger brother."[end quote]

Nobody can take that seriously in any universe. i'm sorry but i just cant let that slide.
its for you...its not for you, the only time he is left without shih-na and he shows us how poorly he tries to act tough,kind and wise, BY MESSING UP A SIMPLE SIGN OF FRIENDSHIP BY USING SOME BULLSHIT PHILOSOPHY INSTEAD OF SAYING "SORRY I MADE A MISTAKE"!!!

(end arguement)
When life gives you lemons, leave them and get a lollipop instead.

CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE HYPE EXPRESS!

For those complaining about this game, note that it had a different writer from the first four Ace Attorney games. Hopefully, the writer improved by the time he made AAI2, but we won't get to enjoy it outside Japan even if he did.

The Amanos were really annoying.
Spoiler:
Lance was possibly the most lackluster villain in Ace Attorney history. I only wanted to defeat him in order to get that brat off the screen. And Ernest... he was supposed to be a villain, but they never even explain what he did that was bad.

dangerousoffender wrote:
I don't like almost all GK's secondary characters...
Portsman, Cammy Meele, Lauren Paups, Lance and Calisto Yew really sux! (just my opinion, okay?)

Kay actually acknowledged that Lauren was like a cartoon character.

Psychotic Musician

Oldbag. She's sort of one of those characters that I love to hate, but...
I also don't like Lance and Jacques Portsman.

Signature done by Panda Prinzessin :)

Last edited by サンドラ on Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ace Edgeworth Fangirl

Ernest and Lance Amano.

Lance was a spoiled brat, and I hated what he did to Lauren... she was so sweet and innocent!

Ernest just bothers me with his "now... now... now" and his freaky ass earlobes. Seriously what the hell is wrong with those things?!?

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Lance was a brat, and Ernest creeped me out with his strange ears. Portsman was bad, but with more character development I might like him. Lauren was cartoonish, as has been said, but she was kinda cute, so that makes up for it. Zinc LaBlanc sucked, and was extremely annoying. Alba was reeeeeaaally annoying.

There's actually quite a few I can't stand which is rare because usually I love about every character in every Ace Attorney game. But anyway, yeah Portsman actually almost made me put the game down because he was just so annoying and his "style" is horrendous. Also couldn't stand LaBlanc design, I know it's supposed to be really ugly but it was almost too ugly. And the Amanos...absolutely can't stand either of them. I also find Oldbag and Meekins to be really annoying too. And...that's about all I can think of right now lol

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Case 1: Portsman. Not reeeeeeeally annoying, but the jacket thing pissed me off.
Case 2: Sincerely, no one. I find Lablanc to be actually quite funny with his temper and awful grasp of English.
Case 3: Everyone is annoying in this chapter except Kay. Meekins is a dumbass, Lang is a douchebag, Oldbag is herself, Ema shows up just to say "hey sup how are things oh footprints ktxbie", Lance irritates me with his "daddy's boy self", Lauren and her "la-la-land" act also drove me crazy... BUT ERNEST AMANO... THAT'S ONE GUY I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH. His ears, my god, what the hell are those for, fishing?! Also, his "now, now, now" animation was SO FREAKING SLOW............ and he turned out to be a douche in the end.
Case 4: Calisto Yew, before you confront her, is VERY annoying.
Case 5: Quercus Alba just won't shut the hell up.............

Quercus Alba for sure. Some guys just don't know when to accept defeat. Everyone with half a brain knows you're guilty already! Just shut up and stop defending yourself!

TheIdioteque wrote:
Quercus Alba for sure. Some guys just don't know when to accept defeat. Everyone with half a brain knows you're guilty already! Just shut up and stop defending yourself!

Oh dear lord yes. He makes the game drag so much! and I remember the first time I played it as soon as he hobbled on screen I just knew it was going to be him. the 'reveal' was so stupid.

Ernerst Amano annoyed me greatly, as did Portman who I swear I could've been fine with if only he'd stop taking his jacket off every five seconds and spinning.

TheIdioteque wrote:

Quite so. I accidently read the spoiler regarding him and when it came to that part of the case... my god, I just kept clicking and clicking and hours went by and I was screaming why this game wasn't over yet. Especially when they tried to keep it going and then attempted to make it all cool, what with Lang bursting in and taking away his ambassador...ness. And the shooting and the what not.
Seriously, I was not impressed by that scene.
I just wanted to tell them to hurry the fuck up. Why didn't they do that earlier? How come nobody thought of half of the testimony-contradictions earlier? I could've gotten rid of 2 of those, had they just given me an option of saying, "Oh is this the part where you say this and we know it's not true, cause this happened and we know and you know, so it proves that you are lying?"

Callisto was also pretty annoying. This might sound weird, but I think one of the things I dislike about her is that she apparently uses that perfume and spilling that in the room must've stunk like hell... I have a very sensitive nose and I can imagine how terrible the perfume smell must've burnt in the nose.

Kay... then again, I dislike most of the female sidekicks. I do not think that she has much personality apart from the typical bubbliness that originated from Maya. Plus, she fails as a thief and exactly what point does she serve in the plot? Her father got killed by one of the big bads. Big whoop. She gets suspected for murder once - Maya's been doing that since 1-2... she's superfluous to the game.

I guess Oldbag was also kind of annoying. I mean, it was funny for her to appear in 2-4, to haunt and annoy Edgeworth again. But in AAI, it just was... Okay, her as the Pink Badger, that was a surprise to me. I screamed alongside Edgeworth at that point. But in Case 5, when one of the random passer-bys talked about the Pink Princess and her bad hip, I basically wanted to grab Edgeworth and say, "Whatever you do, whatever case may happen - do not talk to the Pink Princess! For the love of God, don't do it!"
And what sort of idiot is she that she thought that letter read "Wéndy"?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Callisto was also pretty annoying. This might sound weird, but I think one of the things I dislike about her is that she apparently uses that perfume and spilling that in the room must've stunk like hell... I have a very sensitive nose and I can imagine how terrible the perfume smell must've burnt in the nose.

Kay... then again, I dislike most of the female sidekicks. I do not think that she has much personality apart from the typical bubbliness that originated from Maya. Plus, she fails as a thief and exactly what point does she serve in the plot? Her father got killed by one of the big bads. Big whoop. She gets suspected for murder once - Maya's been doing that since 1-2... she's superfluous to the game.

C-A

lol I suppose I did feel quite sorry for Detective Badd when Calisto spilled an entire bottle of that stuff. But I like Calisto, she's clever and I think she's like a female version of Kristoph. I bet if Phoenix met her, she'd have those blue psyche-locks.

and Kay isn't so bad. It did annoy me at first when I saw the similarities between her and Maya, but I really think the whole yatagarasu helps define her character. If she becomes one of three vigilantes like she says she want to by the end of the game, then that would be so cool. What I dislike about what she brings is that stupid Little Thief. Seriously it was not a cool gadget.

oh and the end of AAI does really take forever! They way over do the whole 'bursting in just when all is lost' what with Agent Lang, then Gumshoe, then Larry/Oldbag team... the only moment I laughed was when the forensic character does it because everyone's all like 'erm who the hell was that?'

This rock... it reminds me of a puzzle!

I hated most of the characters in AAI. They were a bit too... farfetched? I don't even know the right term, sorry. Though if there is one person I liked in the series, it has to be Rhoda Teneiro. I vaguely remember my playthrough of Ace Attorney Investigations, but I do remember feeling pitiful for Ms. Teneiro. She could've been put to better use in the game imo. She had a pretty developed back story for an extra character.

Btw, Oldbag's use in the game was a bit too excessive. I mean it was funny in the Saiban series, but in Kenji, she was just completely annoying. :L

And last btw, does necrobump exist here? One post was in 2012, and the next post was in 2013.

Sort of, not really.... Emiko is known for necro-posting/reviving old topics. I guess as long as you have a decent enough contribution to the topic, it's okay.

C-A

The Cartoonist Extraordinaire!

I REALLY don't like Oldbag, because seriously. The whole "Abhorrent Admirer" joke can be funny, but this was just too much!

Also, I generally don't like Franziska, just because of the whole whip thing. If she was working with any other detective, or in any other courtroom, she would either be arrested or disbarred.
Ciao.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

I know they changed writers for this game and he's the same guy who did GS5, but I've been wondering if it's the writer who comes up with the basis for a character's concept or if he mostly takes whatever the art designer comes up with. Anyhow, my issue with AAI was that most of the new characters just had incredibly bland art design, and some really non-sensical animations sometimes. On top of that they look incredibly ugly too, like the coloring is done wrong.

I have to agree with the guy somewhere above who said characters were too "far-fetched" in this game. It's true. There's a distinct lack of originality and especially the imagination felt lacking with them. It was way too non-sensical and I really fear it's because the writer has a bad sense of humor as opposed to Shu Takumi who mostly managed to make me laugh with his characters.

I can't really say much about the dialogue other than it feels like the game wasn't translated as well as previous games. Dunno if that's because the writing is just worse or something, because the narrative really lacked tension in this game and it felt like the sense of structure was poorly done as well. In general I just don't really like this as much as I did at first glance, looking back to it one year after i beat it.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

Call me Kass.

Honestly, I hated Kay. She was boring and trying too hard to be Maya, Trucy, and Ema rolled into one.

Other than that, no one else comes to mind... Mostly because I found AAI rather flat and un-engrossing. I remember disliking Cammy, though, mostly 'cause she felt like a rehashing of Ini Miney/April May.

Pixel Artist

:tennis:
I didn't like this guy for many reasons. Mainly because he not only blamed others but even the victim for their demise. Oh come on, man? Have you sunken so low? Respect for the dead. Respect for the dead. Respect for the dead. Get it straight to your head.
( - )
Sprite Thread
( - )

All of the new characters except for, maybe Badd. I think the new writer is barely competent, but Shu Takumi is a genius so it's hard to live up to.

Derper

linkenski wrote:
All of the new characters except for, maybe Badd. I think the new writer is barely competent, but Shu Takumi is a genius so it's hard to live up to.

Except that Takumi also makes a lot of errors (Let's face it, even with the great plot there's a reason why the AA trilogy isn't perfect), made a script that focuses on a single character named Mahoney (PLvsAA), and of course the everything is connected plot (Ghost Trick) which you're always accusing the new writers of always making of course.

On topic though, I don't feel attached to most of the AAI series characters and find most of the mannerisms annoying, but it's mostly the 3rd Case characters that aren't main characters that I find the most annoying.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

You know, a Mario game!

I have to disagree with the whole "the characters are bland" notion. I actually found that a lot of them had personality. In fact, two of my favorite characters, Badd and Colias Palaeno, originated in this game. However, some of the returning characters just weren't done right. For example, I hated how they portrayed Gumshoe in this game. He at least had SOME competence in the first 3 games, here he's a complete idiot who's only purpose is to make other characters look good.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

I just felt the script for all the new quirky characters weren't as intelligent as parodies as older characters were. Badd was done well, but all the case 2 + 3 characters were some of the worst I've ever seen in Ace Attorney in its entirety. If the characters had at least looked normal it would've helped. There's something about the coloring of the sprites in GK that's really off. They often mix colors that don't fit together.

But you are right about Gumshoe, and I for one got really sick of Edgeworth being incredibily immature as well. He outright mocks Gumshoe but the way he does it is unlike in the bit in case 3-5 where you feel Edgeworth's frustration being genuinely convincing whereas in this game, it's as if he mocks Gumshoe to assert himself as being the better one. IRL that's often a very pathetic move to do socially and I remember Edgeworth being better than that.

ImageImageImageImage

That is all.

Sometimes I just don't know why I like Ace Attorney Investigations. Most of the characters in this game are CRAP... Lance Amano, lil' spoiled fat pretty boy who wants $$. Cammy Meele, bitchy flight attendant with weak reason to kill an interpol (!) agent. Jacques Portman, cliche prosecutor jerk "just want my guilty verdict!!!". C'mon, it can't be so hard to make a character with a decent and profound reason to commit murder... And with a solid personality. All villains in this game are so generic... Specially Jacques Portman, "herp derp i'm a jerk".

As for Calisto Yew, I HATED her in 1-4... Not because of her laugh nor her make-up, but her annoying "OBJECTION" voice. Everytime I heard that fucking "Objection", I almost threw my DS on the wall. That voice gives CHILLS to my spine. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK? But I liked her as Shih-na.

I dislike Kay and Lang too. I don't have deep hatred for them but for chars who appeared on the game cover, I expected more deep connection to the story and usefulness.
And to put it simply: Kay = Maya 2.0
Lang = Godot 2.0

Crap Characters:
Lance Amano
Ernest Amano
Cammy Meele
Jacques Portman
Kay Fadaray
Agent Lang
Lauren Paups
Ema Skye
Mike Meekins

Good characters/highlights:
Edgeworth
Franziska (specially as a 13-year-old)
Detective Badd
Shih-na
Gumshoe (as a rookie detective)

I don't see how Lang is a Godot 2.0 though. That probably goes to blackquill in DD since he makes sword/katana metaphors like Godot's coffee metaphors.

My real problem with Lang is that he's a fucking nuisance. He just doesn't look like an Ace Attorney character and his Lang-zi quotes are not especially funny and his theme sucks. He was a decent character overall but like you said, you'd expect more from a character who was on the cover. I wish Lang would've been the true culprit so he could get arrested and sentenced to death by the end of the game... jus ANYTHING that was more interesting than the boring-ass smuggling plot.

And it's funny you should mention it, I really liked AAI the first time through, but in hindsight it's by far the worst game in the series and it's because the writing is god-awful. Characterizations are completely simplistic and the writer completely missed the point about Edgeworth's character. Edgeworth in AAI is not the same Edgeworth from GS1-3. He's just not well-written and his motivations are more about pride in the game rather than anything interesting for him as a person. And his manner of speech is just... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU EDGEY!!?

If the protagonist isn't likable, the game becomes unlikable... That's what I always say. :godot:
Page 6 of 8 [ 290 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Prosecutor's Lobby