Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: Is GS5 purposely being delayed?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

UberWill wrote:
Maybe it's taking a while because:

A. The 10th anniversary

and...

B. It's gonna be a damn awesome game.

6 cases instead of 5? Maybe we'll also get to see a bit more of...
:edgeworth:

Don't think Edgey needs more screentime....he's got his own game and possibly series.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

If it turns to be a new AJ (and I hope so), I really wouldn't like to see Edgeworth again... maybe a prosecutor whose mentor is him?

Phoenix: You will be facing a new prosecutor in court tommorrow, Apollo.
Apollo: Really?
Trucy: Polly's going to crush that rookie prosecutor, right? (:V)
Phoenix: Don't get your hopes up too high. :hoboleft:

Powers Fan

I really hope America gets this game this year. I think it would be way too cruel to make us wait that much longer.@_@
:agent-Smith: "You just wish you could talk in Webdings."

Come play Ghost Trick Mafia!

Ooh, a real drumroll. Nice.

Scatterbrain wrote:
If it turns to be a new AJ (and I hope so), I really wouldn't like to see Edgeworth again... maybe a prosecutor whose mentor is him?

Phoenix: You will be facing a new prosecutor in court tommorrow, Apollo.
Apollo: Really?
Trucy: Polly's going to crush that rookie prosecutor, right? (:V)
Phoenix: Don't get your hopes up too high. :hoboleft:

Perhaps something to do with what happened to the yatagarsu? nah, probably just wishful thinking.

I'd really like to play as Phoenix Wright again. I'm not sure how that would work in the story though... :udgy:

Kýrie eléison

charliechip95 wrote:
I'd really like to play as Phoenix Wright again. I'm not sure how that would work in the story though... :udgy:

Simple: just have something happen to Apollo during the final case and have Phoenix fill in for him as necessary. That's essentially how Edgeworth always ended up back in the courtroom in GS2 and 3.
Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788-1860) wrote:
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

Just another fangirl...

Location: A land of fires, mudslides, and the occasional earthquake

charliechip95 wrote:

My thought is that perhaps Phoenix does pass the bar again and returns to practicing law... and then he and Apollo go into business together- a law firm isn't much of a firm with only one lawyer, after all! And besides, "the law offices of Wright & Justice" sounds too cool. :edgy:

I would love to see GS5 tie things together- there's more of an overarching storyline spanning multiple cases in the later games, and I think a case-spanning storyline could be made even more dramatic if two lawyers working different cases get pieces of the puzzle before it all comes together in the end. Maybe a murder plot with multiple murders that aren't immediately connected to one another- Apollo is defending one suspect, Phoenix has the other, and it's because they work together that the truth is uncovered and the real mastermind caught. I think doing something like that though would need at least 6, maybe even 7 or 8 cases to develop the overarching storyline without shortchanging either Phoenix or Apollo. (Or any of the other secondary characters that might show up, like Franziska or Edgeworth.) Much as I love Phoenix though, I think the climactic confrontation of such a setup ought to be in Apollo's hands.
"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetant." -FFA

OBJECTION!

That sounds a great idea, I like it!
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....

Criticus Maximus

I know this is kinda overstepping things a bit, but I'd personally love to see the return of Dahlia.

At the end of AA3,
Spoiler:
Dahlia sure left an impact with her "I'll be back!" style exit.
The return of Dahlia could:

1) Give a reason for Phoenix and Apollo to work together
2) Give Phoenix some play time
3) Give some older character's minor appearances

Actually, I can kinda see that happening. Going by Capcom's way of doing things, the original main villain of the entire series could be again seen as pulling the strings (Well, she's the villain that has had to most impact anyway).

But...that's probably more of a AA6 thing, isn't it? :yogi:

Edit: Forgot spoiler tags existed

Last edited by OniXera on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Squirtle!

OniXera wrote:
I know this is kinda overstepping things a bit, but I'd personally love to see the return of Dahlia.

At the end of AA3, Dahlia sure left an impact with her "I'll be back!" style exit. The return of Dahlia could:

Actually, I can kinda see that happening. Going by Capcom's way of doing things, the original main villain of the entire series could be again seen as pulling the strings (Well, she's the villain that has had to most impact anyway).

Shouldn't that be in spoiler tags?
Spoiler:
You forget, Dahlia is dead, and Morgan Fey is probably next. And the thing the judge said:
"I think it best if no further attempts to channal that spirit were made"
That pretty much states that Dahlia is no longer a factor. And anyway, she was thouroughly owned by Mia at the end of the case.

Married to SnowWright! Father of Tornado of Souls!

Criticus Maximus

jonathanrp wrote:
OniXera wrote:

At the end of AA3,
Spoiler:
Dahlia sure left an impact with her "I'll be back!" style exit.
The return of Dahlia could:

Shouldn't that be in spoiler tags?
Spoiler:
You forget, Dahlia is dead, and Morgan Fey is probably next. And the thing the judge said:
"I think it best if no further attempts to channal that spirit were made"
That pretty much states that Dahlia is no longer a factor. And anyway, she was thouroughly owned by Mia at the end of the case.

Well,

Spoiler:
Dahlia was already dead in AA3, she was a spirit, and the Fey family is only main the branch of the family. I could see her coming back some other way. Capcom always thinks of these things

By Midnight Jasper! Much thanks!

I'd like to see Kristoph appear in flashbacks as a defense attorney.
Spoiler: 1-4, 4-1
I'd imagine him to be like Hammond, an "end justifies the means" kind of guy.
But we'll see whether or not that'll happen.

I wonder if Apollo's father would be a character that he or Phoenix saw in one of their cases, possibly a murderer or victim. It would make things interesting. What was his upbringing like? Maybe there are connections we' never knew?

Yes, I just finished Great Expectations. But still, stuff like this would be cool!

Kýrie eléison

OniXera wrote:
Spoiler:
Dahlia was already dead in AA3, she was a spirit, and the Fey family is only main the branch of the family. I could see her coming back some other way. Capcom always thinks of these things

Meh, I doubt the GS devs will bring her back if they've neglected to insert previous villains into vital roles in later games. Frankly the only murderer I wanna see come back is Shelly de Killer, since he has yet to be either killed or imprisoned.
Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.

Criticus Maximus

Cohdopia Over All wrote:
OniXera wrote:
Spoiler:

Meh, I doubt the GS devs will bring her back if they've neglected to insert previous villains into vital roles in later games. Frankly the only murderer I wanna see come back is Shelly de Killer, since he has yet to be either killed or imprisoned.

Spoiler:
Hey, how about having a flash back case linking Shelley de Killer with the members of the Katagasaru?

It'd give Capcom a reason to link in the AAI characters...oh, they'll probably think of a way to link them to the game anyway.

Kay will just become like Ema, but for Edgeworth (that's what I predict, anyway). Some Badd/Gumshoe/Ema humor would be good too (all three detectives meeting up? That'd be epic).

Dear god, don't turn this thread into the "Will Phoenix be a lawyer again/Will old cast members appear/what I want in GS5" thread.

There are already several threads for that kind of stuff, this thread is to discuss why GS5 is being delayed and if you agree if it's being delayed to tie in with the 10th anniversary or not.

Criticus Maximus

Colour wrote:
Dear god, don't turn this thread into the "Will Phoenix be a lawyer again/Will old cast members appear/what I want in GS5" thread.

There are already several threads for that kind of stuff, this thread is to discuss why GS5 is being delayed and if you agree if it's being delayed to tie in with the 10th anniversary or not.

I thought someone brought up the possibility of old characters returning IF it were released on the 10th anniversary? Just take a look at Rock Man.exe: Operate Shooting Star. Fan service was added in just for the sake of it.

OBJECTION!

Surely Capcom would say if that was the reason for the delay by now (though I doubt it is). All I want is for them to come out in say, the summer and say "We are actually working on GS5"!

Didn't they recently confirm in an interview that they haven't even started making GS5 yet?

Kýrie eléison

Szabu wrote:
Didn't they recently confirm in an interview that they haven't even started making GS5 yet?

I can't help but get the feeling that the GS team dug themselves into a hole with GS4, and that they have yet to figure out how GS5 should proceed (jury or no jury, Phoenix or no Phoenix, and et cetera).

OBJECTION!

That doesn't sound good :( Theres lots of open threads at the end of GS4 so I guess they need to figure out what to do.

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Ah-HA! It's all become clear to me!

http://forums.court-records.net/trial-minutes/nintendo-3ds-t18829.html

I think JapaneseGIRL/L~A/anyone else who suggested it has the right idea. If Capcom were planning to release GS5 on this new system, it would certainly explain why we've heard nothing about it for so long. There's no way to know if this is really the case, of course, but it's at least a possibility.

Totally not my sig...

Criticus Maximus

Yet didn't they also announce GS5 as being in production back in 2007 or round about that?

Then only way I can see it as relating to the 3DS is by making GS5 a launch title. It probably wouldn't have any 3DS features, but it would still increase sales by a whole lot (bundles, etc. Ace Attorney themed 3DS?) :maggy:

Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

OniXera wrote:
Yet didn't they also announce GS5 as being in production back in 2007 or round about that?

I think they just said "there will be a GS5" or something to that effect. Originally, I would have hoped that development had started long ago, but at this point it seems like we don't know anything for certain. They've had excuses since the announcement of Gyakuten Kenji (and now Ghost Trick) to not even mention it because that would surely have killed any attention for those titles.

Now that we know Ghost Trick will be released in Japan on June 24, maybe we can finally expect any mention of GS5 whatsoever, maybe at the Tokyo Game Show.

Totally not my sig...

Stepladders!

I would think that they could probably make a game about Mia, Phoenix AND Apollo.

!~Panda Tamer~!

I think

it's because Shu Takumi has to work on 2 projects on the same time...?

nuuuuu, stoooooop

maria168 wrote:
I think

Takumi has kind of implied he's not going to work on AA anymore.
ImageImage

The Real Human Being

Croik wrote:
maria168 wrote:
I think

Takumi has kind of implied he's not going to work on AA anymore.

LIES!

DiegoxMia's No. 1 Fan

Takumi's not working on GS5? I just died a little on the inside.

But, if that's the case, someone else closely involved with Ace Attorney will probably head future projects. I'm not seeing Capcom dropping the games anytime soon, as there are too many plot possibilities. I think the series is too popular to just end like that. After all, it'd be kind of awkward to let Polly go after he just started.

Anyway, regarding Phoenix-era characters, I doubt Phoenix would be reinstated. DeMatador is right, Capcom's been known to tease. Yes, it might be a case of leaving open possibilities, but having Phoenix be reinstated would take a lot away from Apollo. The spotlight's completely his now, his monologue at the end of AJ said as much. The best way to handle characters returning would be to bring back two or three major characters, my bets are on Edgeworth and Maya, and if Capcom's gonna stretch it, Gumshoe. However, they should remain cameos. If they're coming back, they'd obviously have to interact with Phoenix, and that would again take away from Apollo. Maybe one could be a defendant just for fan service purposes, but, again, the story should remain focused on Apollo. The writers are smart people, so they should also know this.

But that's just my speculation. Transitioning the series from DS to 3DS would explain the delay, after all, 2011 anniversary or no. All I want is for GS5 to come out quickly. Please, Capcom, don't let this turn into Duke Nukem Forever.
Ninety-nine mugs of Godot Blend 107 on the wall, ninety-nine mugs of Godot Blend~

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Or the delay could simply be that Capcom is primarily a fighting game company, and the adventure game titles have a harder time being sold, and therefore need to be handled delicately. AAI is still quite new. Ghost Trick is riding on Takumi being behind it, and they want the AA fans to pay attention to Ghost Trick, the AA fans won't play if they have a shiny GS5 to keep them occupied.

I say the absence of GS5 news isn't particularly dubious considering the market timing.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Well with GK2 and the new PL VS PW game in motion,i see know sign of GS5 for a little while now. :godot:
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

Because I Can.

Probably because of the announcement of 3 big things Gyakuten related in the same year...those being GK2, Gyakuten Mobile (I think that's what it's called), and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.
Sometimes you just have to say; What the Fudge.
Sprites|Spriting Tutorials

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

They said that they do want to make it. If they actually do, this would better be a EPIC BOMB of a game after that long wait.

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

OBJECTION!

I think GS5 will be the next game after GK2 and then PL v PW.
Or it had BETTER be! :D
The AA universe/characters seem to be branching out - first Ghost Trick and now this.

Considering AJ, whilst popular some fans hated yet and some loved it. They divided the fanbase into the Phoenix and Apollo fans (and the ones who don't care so much). So whatever game they realise, some fans will always be dissatisfied. Maybe they're coming up with more creative and original ideas that they haven't used before. Like new murder plots/motives/characters?

Shu Takumi seems to be shifting away from AA :lana: Maybe they're realising it at Christmas? But they haven't even realised a trailer or ANY info so maybe 2013?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

TGS is in almost exactly 2 months. I'd be very surprised if we don't learn more about GS5 there.

Personally, I'm a bit excited about the prospects of GS5, Apollo/Phoenix issue not with standing. I mean, think of it: Takumi will have had his experience from making Ghost Trick, not to mention inspiration he could tap from the two AAI games and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney. The stage is set for something amazing and creative.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Now in my regular turn as Debbie Downer, I have to say I wouldn't be surprised if Takumi's involvement is limited. Bear in mind PLvsAA is still in production, and if memory serves there's a quote somewhere of Takumi in 2011 talking about how he didn't know what the 10th anniversary project was even though it was in development, which suggests he wasn't in on the project from the start. My guess is that the AAI team is handling a good chunk of GS5.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

That's a reasonable assumption given what is/was known. On the other hand, the anniversary was about the movie and GS123HD. The film isn't an in-house product so Takumi's involvement likely was limited to some preproduction stuff. And GS123HD is a port. An involved port, but a port none the less. Neither really needed Takumi's say in much as a creative. (Though, by God, I wish someone called the team out on the nonsense which is the wrapper for GS123HD. It's just pure un-thought out nonsense.)

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I personally thought the cases in AAI were pretty great, and almost more reminiscent of the first game. I played Apollo Justice first, and looking back it too brought a lot to the table. Trials and Tribulations had the issue many sequels have. The paranormal-mystery-murder mystery of Case 5 (and including the two prequel cases) were great and brought a focus on many of the characters, but it also did feel like Takumi had reached the end of his role as game director, from his perspective and from a production view. (And if you think about it the non-Dahlia Hawthorne cases are a little unmemorable. Takumi's main interest in GS3 was wrapping up the stories of the characters and he did a great job with that.) Ask any writer or director and no matter how much they love the characters and work they've created they will at some point want to move on. That's not to say that Takumi has run out of AA ideas or that he is abandoning the series (he's still deeply involved in all of it) but as people have said he seems to be interested in creating new ideas and games. Apollo was the first game not directed by him, and it had a new feel to it while still feeling like AA. AAI was made by a completely different team, and again brought new ideas to the table. I think Takumi collaborating with the AAI developers would actually build a superior game.

Like I said, I'm not saying Takumi is out of ideas or not good anymore, I simply think he probably prefers a producer/collaborative role at this point.

As for the whole Apollo thing, I played it first so the character swith didn't bother me, but from an objective stand point it doesn't really bother me. The GS1-3 characters' story ended well in T&T, and Phoenix's personal story was really well done in Apollo, wrapping up his Law work but still being there as a character we can interact with. And anyone familiar with Law & Order has probably heard of the "revolving door", which means characters come and go but it's not a problem as long as the characters are good. Characterization has never been the series' problem so I think the revolving door applies here as well. I think a mistake would be to pretend Apollo never happened or brush over it with a two minute prologue about Phoenix getting his law degree back.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.
Page 2 of 2 [ 78 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps