Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 16 posts ]

PLvsAA - More updatesTopic%20Title

迷探偵

And we've got even more info! First, the Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney website has been updated, with cleaner shots from the Famitsu article.

As for the Famitsu article itself,

Skipping the first two pages of the article because they feature old screenshots / news (besides the part on the DLC, but that has been addressed already).

Page 214
Page 215

214 -> For some reason, Phoenix and Maya have been working for 5 years already at the bakery run by Croix (nicknamed boss, is usually nice, but strict when it comes to bread). They seem to be close to Mahone. During a conversation with Mahone (the cat btw is called Kuroone), they are told that Layton's old apprentice Jovanni often went to the Grand Library, where all stories written by the Storyteller, including the Complete Works on Witches, are collected. At the library Layton is told they can't borrow the Complete Works on Witches w/o permission, and the librarian Nazomi gives Layton & Luke a trial. And with a trial, I mean puzzles ~_~ Not an important character apparently, but we also see a character called Book in the library.

215 -> There's something strange going on with the Complete Works, and they discover a secret room in the Library.

(Edit: uhh, yes. No idea why I typed 216 ^^' Fixed the link!)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Last edited by Ash on Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: PLvsAA - Famitsu Nov.1 (update 2)Topic%20Title

Blah!

Page 216 leads to a 404 error.

Hah, Phoenix's panic face in the lower right of 215 is hilarious!
Re: PLvsAA - More updatesTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Someone mind updating tumblr with this info? I'm sick and my laptop is inaccessible.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Oh man...

So we know at one point that Phoenix and Maya are on a plane, and there's art (if I'm remembering correctly) of Mahone in modern clothes. So possibly Phoenix and Maya meet Mahone and when she goes back... home? She accidentally takes Phoenix and Maya with her, and feels bad about it so she gets them jobs and they're stuck there for five years until Layton shows up. Which could lead to the interesting situation where Phoenix, knowing more about the area but not trusting Layton, is the uncooperative witness.

Also I would like to point out, given the obvious timeline contradiction, that the game takes place in Narnia.

Ash wrote:
214 -> For some reason, Phoenix and Maya have been working for 5 years already at the bakery run by Croix

5 years? Why would they work for her for that long? :yuusaku:

My take on it is that while they haven't been in Labyrinth City for five years, they were retroactively given the "backstory" of having worked at the bakery for five years upon entry, in a reality-warping Omphalos kind of way. Most of the other citizens of Labyrinth City are probably under a similar enchantment.

My name is Judge.

inb4 labyrinth city isnt really a city

All joking aside, it presents an interesting contradiction, and I'm inclined to agree with Woolbeast's suggestion

Programmer

It's not like every Layton game has had a fake city. It was real in the fourth one!
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Self-proclaimed smart person.

Something of note: the speech bubble seen in the picture translates to "Welcome!". Looks like there is more new stuff than just "Chotto!" that Phoenix is yelling.

I think I'll enjoy this game a lot.

Blah!

Does anybody else think it's hilarious that Phoenix is in his full suit even at a place like a bakery? He must really like that suit. Also, I like how he's using the counter like the defense bench.

The Real Human Being

Ash wrote:

214 -> For some reason, Phoenix and Maya have been working for 5 years already at the bakery run by Croix (nicknamed boss, is usually nice, but strict when it comes to bread). They seem to be close to Mahone. During a conversation with Mahone (the cat btw is called Kuroone), they are told that Layton's old apprentice Jovanni often went to the Grand Library, where all stories written by the Storyteller, including the Complete Works on Witches, are collected. At the library Layton is told they can't borrow the Complete Works on Witches w/o permission, and the librarian Nazomi gives Layton & Luke a trial. And with a trial, I mean puzzles ~_~ Not an important character apparently, but we also see a character called Book in the library.

And she hasn't aged a day, Maya's always going to be my little loli.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Thanks, Ash! This explains why the folk called Nick a bread seller. I seriously thought it was because his badge looks like a cookie.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Triplemathics wrote:
Something of note: the speech bubble seen in the picture translates to "Welcome!". Looks like there is more new stuff than just "Chotto!" that Phoenix is yelling.

I think I'll enjoy this game a lot.

Phoenix selling bread. I can just imagine it. "OBJECTION! You cannot leave before you try our free samples!" I think I'm going to be looking forward to this. A lot.

What did he do this time...?

This is an interesting plot twist. It seems Nick and Maya have gotten 'sucked' into the book that leads to Labrinyth City before Layton and Luke were...
And I guess the black cat with the red scarf actually has a role in the game. Interesting... :eh?:
And that "Jovanni" guy must be the "Giovanni" from the earlier magazine, where he was in the car with Mahone.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

(Not a PW spoiler) I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but
Spoiler:
doesn't the cat look a lot like Sissel from ghost trick?

What did he do this time...?

nameihavetochoose wrote:
(Not a PW spoiler) I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but
Spoiler:
doesn't the cat look a lot like Sissel from ghost trick?

It was mentioned earlier when the cat was spotted on the cover art. I'd say it was definitely designed after him, but it might have a bigger role than a cameo.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes