Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 21 posts ]

Famitsu 11/14 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's Story (continued)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Carrying on from last week's issue, Famitsu has an article describing more of the Witch Trial Phoenix takes part in, as well as some new art and screenshots.

Phoenix regains his memories at Mahoney's trial, but without knowing the laws of the world, there's no way he can defend her. Luckily, Layton arrives to deliver the "Complete Works on Witches", the book he found during his portion of the game.

Using the book, Phoenix is able to start questioning on Mahoney's alleged use of spells. In particular, he learns the staff she supposedly used takes special stones that correspond to particular spells. And while there's a stone for the spell she's accused of using to kill her attackers, there's another one set in it as well.

What's more, as there's of course no such thing as photography in Labyrinth City, Phoenix is forced to rely on sketches based on the witness' testimony to serve as a way to consider the crime scene. Is it possible there are contradictions within these sketches as well?

The rest of the article describes the Mob Trial system, as we've seen before.

Hit up the link for more screens. And it seems hard to believe, but the game is out in Japan in just two weeks!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Famitsu 11/14 - PLvsAA, Phoenix's Story (continued)Topic%20Title

The Ace Attorney's Magical Daughter

I love how this game seems to have own laws on witches that can be looked up in order to find contradictions~! Adds another layer to the crossexaminations!

Also, is Jeeken actually holding the staff? Le Gasp, evidence actually physically present, rather than just being a representative mugshot! :will:

...Because I felt the need to advertise my fanfic with a self-drawn, animated banner. Yes, I'm obsessed, why do you ask?

迷探偵

Bolt Storm wrote:
And it seems hard to believe, but the game is out in Japan in just two weeks!

But the new shipments of Animal Crossing 3DS LL's (of which I ordered one) won't come until half December ;_; Guess I'll just have to listen to the soundtrack until I can pick it up...

Quote:
I love how this game seems to have own laws on witches that can be looked up in order to find contradictions~! Adds another layer to the crossexaminations!

Quite a different kind of game, but I loved Flower, Sun and Rain (Suda51), where all the hints for the puzzles were hidden in the island tourist guide which could be read in-game!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Ash wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

But the new shipments of Animal Crossing 3DS LL's (of which I ordered one) won't come until half December ;_; Guess I'll just have to listen to the soundtrack until I can pick it up...

Quote:

Quite a different kind of game, but I loved Flower, Sun and Rain (Suda51), where all the hints for the puzzles were hidden in the island tourist guide which could be read in-game!

Wilco, friend of mine from Australia, sent me a copy of that game for the DS. I loved the concept, but I couldn't play it for any length of time due to the horrible alien like text blip noises.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Ash wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Ash wrote:
Guess I'll just have to listen to the soundtrack until I can pick it up...

Ash wrote:
soundtrack

IS THIS OFFICIAL!? >:O

Blah!

Wooster wrote:
Ash wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Quote:

Wilco, friend of mine from Australia, sent me a copy of that game for the DS. I loved the concept, but I couldn't play it for any length of time due to the horrible alien like text blip noises.

Funny you should mention that. I'm literally reading the let's play of that game right now. I doubt I'd be able to stand that sound either (that kind of voice is in Killer7 too, but at least there was less talking and things were much more off kilter in that game), but the story seems interesting so far, although a bit slow to start.

Anyway, the fact that people are actually holding the evidence is a really nice touch. I wonder if they'll do the same in AA5?

元・超会社員級の管理人

DeMatador wrote:

It's a pre-order bonus which, unfortunately, as far as I know isn't available for import. We'll just have to hope it gets uploaded by some kind soul.

Also, they haven't fully specified what it is. They call it an "original soundtrack", but it's not clear if it'll actually have all the tracks for the game or if it's more a promo thing with select tracks/reorchestrated tracks only.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

迷探偵

I doubt it will be a full soundtrack. Actually, I really hope it will be an orchestrated soundtrack like the ones Gyakuten Kenji 1/2 got. Only longer.

On a side note, I just got an e-mail that E-Capcom is also starting to prepare the shipments. The games won't arrive until the actual release date, but Capcom is already starting with packing orders this week ^^'
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Bolt Storm wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

It's a pre-order bonus which, unfortunately, as far as I know isn't available for import. We'll just have to hope it gets uploaded by some kind soul.

Also, they haven't fully specified what it is. They call it an "original soundtrack", but it's not clear if it'll actually have all the tracks for the game or if it's more a promo thing with select tracks/reorchestrated tracks only.

How did I miss this...? Now I can't wait for the game's Japanese release. Just until now I was sure the only I think I would have to look out for after 11/29 would be spoilers, now I have something to actually look forward to. Damn you Bolt! And thanks a lot :D

That's interesting. Capcom's publishing the game, so it would make sense for them to do that kind of promo/orchestra CD, like they've done with AAI and AAI2's Japanese releases.

...That reminds me, what the hell happened with PL5's OST (Official Soundtrack, I mean, of course)? There never was an official release, as far as I know...

元・超会社員級の管理人

A quick note: according to 2ch, the actual Famitsu article also introduces a new character, a courier girl named something like "Leda Yubin" (レダ・ユービン), a play on "Letter" and "Yuubin" (the Japanese word for 'mail'). Hopefully either Ash can get us photos or she'll be on the site tomorrow.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

お届けします!

What's up with these all too obvious names this issue? I mean, the old man is actually called Ojisan >_>

元・超会社員級の管理人

届けてくれてありがとう!

I'm really starting to wonder how the court segments are going to be spaced out. It looks like Mahoney's out and about the city at times, so maybe the Labyrinth City policy is to let suspected witches run free between trial days? Or maybe Mahoney's trial is just the one day and there's trials for different characters (or she gets accused of different witchcraft) later on.

Wooster wrote:

Programmer

I suspect that the story is told as a series of stories written by mr teller.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Bolt Storm wrote:
What's more, as there's of course no such thing as photography in Labyrinth City, Phoenix is forced to rely on sketches based on the witness' testimony to serve as a way to consider the crime scene. Is it possible there are contradictions within these sketches as well?

I love that art style! Nice to hear we'll see more of this in the game. :godot:

The official site also got an update:
http://www.layton-vs-gyakuten.jp/system ... Witch.html

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Ash wrote:
お届けします!

What's up with these all too obvious names this issue? I mean, the old man is actually called Ojisan >_>

いいころ!写真を見せてください。

You remember our good buddy Stachenscarfen, right? And we can call him Gramps.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

There are still a few questions though, i wonder if they will be answered next week? :pearl:

Like, when does this take place in AA timeline, is it a given that it's after T&T? Also, who draws these "pictures"?

All good fun!

:shoe:

Programmer

It does not take place at any time at all in the timeline. The story is set on a timeline of its own so to speech.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
It does not take place at any time at all in the timeline. The story is set on a timeline of its own so to speech.

That's illogical.
Obviously the part where they're in the magical world has its own 'timeline' where time [probably] doesn't pass in the GS World while they're there. But the part where they're in 'London' seemingly in GS Reality must take time.
But maybe you mean 'nobody bothered deciding exactly when in the GS timeline this happened'.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

迷探偵

irishmarcoos wrote:
Also, who draws these "pictures"?

The court artist (according to the text in the screenshot)

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Oh, i just thought of something, isn't it unusual that there haven't been any TV trailers yet? i mean, it's 12 days away now? :gumshoe:
Unless they start a week before release... hmm.

:shoe:
Page 1 of 1 [ 21 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes