Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 1 of 9[ 329 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

"I just want to know one thing" - PLvsGS editionTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Time for a time-honored C-R tradition. The trouble with trying to find out something about a game like Ace Attorney is that you can't just wander into a thread and start looking, lest you hit a wall of spoilers. So what do you do?

Well, you come here. This thread can be used to ask any question about the game, and someone who has it will do their best to answer you. Answers will be properly spoiler tagged, of course.

As for questions, use your own judgment when it comes to spoiler tags - asking "how's the Judge's voice" doesn't need a spoiler tag. Asking "I saw a video of character Y killing victim X, why did Y do that" does.

Also, this topic shouldn't be used for walkthrough questions - we'll have a separate one for that. :minuki:

Ask away!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: "I just want to know one thing" - PLvsGS editionTopic%20Title

Spoon tastes like fork

Are there any noteworthy stepladder conversations?

Do any other Ace Attorney characters make an appearance?

Are there minigames or a bonuses section like in other Layton games?

The Real Human Being

Do they have any talking parts? i.e, like cutscenes that have voices?

Also, would it be wise to play all PL games before picking this up, or could a strictly PW fan play it and enjoy it to it's fullest?

1000% Knight

Does Nick have his Attorney's Badge in the Court Record?
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

元・超会社員級の管理人

DoMaya wrote:
Do they have any talking parts? i.e, like cutscenes that have voices?

Also, would it be wise to play all PL games before picking this up, or could a strictly PW fan play it and enjoy it to it's fullest?

Yeah, there's plenty of voice acting. The animated scenes are all fully voiced, and particularly key moments in normal gameplay also have voice.

They introduce the PL mechanics pretty well, so I wouldn't worry about gameplay issues. Story-wise, there are two Professor Layton characters other than Layton and Luke in Layton's first segment, but there isn't too much you need to know about them. You definitely don't need to have played the whole series, and I'd say you could probably still enjoy it perfectly fine without playing any of them - you'll just miss out on a few nods like that. Of course, playing at least one means you'll be more connected to Layton and Luke.

Bad Player wrote:
Does Nick have his Attorney's Badge in the Court Record?

'Fraid not. In fact, the victim of the tutorial case hasn't even been given a name and profile yet, and I'm half through the trial.

Too early to answer the other questions, I'm afraid.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

You may not be far enough to answer this yet but are there any female characters (old or new) with a...PROMINENT BUST? OwO

Almost every game has one except for maybe Justice for All and Apollo Justice but at least JFA still had Mia Fey. By the way, is Mia in this game? I can't see how she would be there but it could still be possible...
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Nice name, isn't it?

What songs from both franchises have a remix in this game? I know songs like Cross-Examination 2001, Objection 2001, and the Curious Village theme come back, but is there anything else?
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218

元・超会社員級の管理人

Yaragorm wrote:
You may not be far enough to answer this yet but are there any female characters (old or new) with a...PROMINENT BUST? OwO

Almost every game has one except for maybe Justice for All and Apollo Justice but at least JFA still had Mia Fey. By the way, is Mia in this game? I can't see how she would be there but it could still be possible...

Not... that explicitly, but Jordolla and another (possibly spoilery) character aren't lacking, I suppose.

D-Man wrote:
What songs from both franchises have a remix in this game? I know songs like Cross-Examination 2001, Objection 2001, and the Curious Village theme come back, but is there anything else?

Absolutely tons. I'll try and list the ones I can remember:
Layton: Curious Village theme, Puzzles 5 (Last Specter puzzle theme), Puzzles 7 (Miracle Mask puzzle theme), either Tension or Pinch from Unwound Future (I forget which), either Suspicion from Unwound Future or Mysterious Tale from Last Specter (again, I forget which).
Ace Attorney: All the GS1 court themes, plus the won-the-case theme and, briefly in the intro, Turnabout Sisters' Theme.

Wooster wrote:

Fate Testarossa

I understand that you probably won't find out for a bit longer, but...

Are there any other cases except for the witch one that are on the game already?

Fate is made by クロス

AIGE and Remnant of the Past Supporter

How does the gameplay work? Does it alternate between Phoenix and Layton? Or do you choose who you want to play at the beginning?

Is there really contradictions in puzzles? Are there signs of more cases other than the one we saw in trailers?

Is it possible for you to plug in the auxiliary and record some music?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm really excited! And thanks for the writeup!

元・超会社員級の管理人

kwando wrote:
I understand that you probably won't find out for a bit longer, but...

Are there any other cases except for the witch one that are on the game already?

There's a prologue case in London that plays out much like a typical Ace Attorney case. I won't know if there's other Witch Trials besides Mahoney's until later, I'm afraid.

Applebutter wrote:
How does the gameplay work? Does it alternate between Phoenix and Layton? Or do you choose who you want to play at the beginning?

Is there really contradictions in puzzles? Are there signs of more cases other than the one we saw in trailers?

Is it possible for you to plug in the auxiliary and record some music?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm really excited! And thanks for the writeup!

It alternates automatically. You start as Layton, go to Phoenix, and now I'm back to Layton.

Haven't gotten that far yet, and see above.

I'd love to, but I'm having trouble getting my laptop to take a 3.5" stereo cable as an input - it's got a combined headphone/mic jack, you see, so Windows keeps insisting I'm plugging in headphones.

And no problem!

Wooster wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:
I'd love to, but I'm having trouble getting my laptop to take a 3.5" stereo cable as an input - it's got a combined headphone/mic jack, you see, so Windows keeps insisting I'm plugging in headphones.

It should still work. According to tech-savy friend of mine, he said most of the time a computer recognize an input as a headphone on older version of windows or outdated products. Using simple capture program like Audacity should do the trick. Windows recognize this input as a headphone w/ mic build-in. He might be wrong though, or it could be a hardware problem.

1000% Knight

Is there a character that matches the awesomeness of Naitou-sama?

(yes/no will suffice.)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Breakdown

With no spoiler as to who's guilty-if you've finished a case by now, how epic was the breakdown? With the use of 3D graphics now do they top/match some of the DS favorites?

High level play

With all the anticipation building up to the game's release, does it exceed, match or falls short to what you were hoping for?
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Turnabout_Lawman wrote:
With no spoiler as to who's guilty-if you've finished a case by now, how epic was the breakdown? With the use of 3D graphics now do they top/match some of the DS favorites?

I've only finished the prologue case, but the breakdown was pretty good there. It definitely made good use of the additional freedom of animation offered by 3D.

Sjibbey wrote:
With all the anticipation building up to the game's release, does it exceed, match or falls short to what you were hoping for?

Well, I've only played a few hours, but so far I'm enjoying it a lot. It really does feel like a Layton game and an Ace Attorney game pressed together into one.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Turnabout_Lawman wrote:

A bit further than Bolt Storm it seems, but the fact that they are using 3D models instead of sprites is definitely used in a fun way (camera angles etc).

kwando wrote:

Slightly past the introduction, but there is definitely more to Mahoney's witch trial than seems at first sight.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

I haven't seen this in any of the video. Can we question people like Phoenix Wright or is it more like talking in PL in the investigation scene?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Applebutter wrote:
I haven't seen this in any of the video. Can we question people like Phoenix Wright or is it more like talking in PL in the investigation scene?

During the Layton segments (technically they're called "adventure" parts, not "investigation" parts) it's almost entirely like a Layton game. There was one conversation with Mahoney that had multiple topics, though. You can't present evidence or profiles to people though.

Wooster wrote:

Bolt Storm wrote:
Applebutter wrote:

During the Layton segments (technically they're called "adventure" parts, not "investigation" parts) it's almost entirely like a Layton game. There was one conversation with Mahoney that had multiple topics, though. You can't present evidence or profiles to people though.

Ah, I see. I really do prefer if they had multiple topics in the "adventure." I don't really know why. It just feel better. :phoenix:

How often do the animated scene pop up? Does it only appear during critical parts, or perhaps during the beginning and end only? Again, I am really apologize for the numerous questions.

元・超会社員級の管理人

They're fairly frequent, and it looks like they've taken the place of the standard AA case introduction scenes.

Wooster wrote:

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Is the game connected to either the Layton or Ace Attorney Timeline/Canon Continuities, or is it a "non-canon" meet up?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Not since the premier trailer have we seen Layton Prosecute. Considering the loads of changes made since then, does the 'vs' aspect of Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney get dropped? I'm especially asking if Layton gets to prosecute.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Breakdown

Thanks for answering, it's good to hear the full advantage of camera angles etc. are used in the presentation. Sounds like how I imagined it being. :will:

迷探偵

Wooster wrote:
I'm especially asking if Layton gets to prosecute.

Spoiler:
Yes

Applebutter wrote:
Is there really contradictions in puzzles? Are there signs of more cases other than the one we saw in trailers

Spoiler:
I missed one puzzle, but there was only one instance of a contradiction in a puzzle.

M5432 wrote:
Are there minigames or a bonuses section like in other Layton games?

Spoiler:
No minigames, but you have your usual extra mode after clearing the game (and you can download a special scenario and art design, as promoted earlier

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

The King of All

Did the game live up to expectations?
The king of all, Sir Duke

迷探偵

99% yes... and a little no? It's definitely a game worth playing, but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed by the Layton parts. Maybe it's because I recently finished another Layton game, but the puzzles weren't as fun as in other Layton games, I felt (the presentation of the puzzles was great though...).

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

I need a Yes/No answer to this.

Is a sequel teased in any form or way?

迷探偵

No.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Thank you :)

Now off this thread, I'm already alergic to spoiler tags :c

The King of All

From best AA to worst, where would PLvsGS go?

The King of All

Did Maya ever channel Mia?

迷探偵

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Did Maya ever channel Mia?

Spoiler:
No, Maya isn't even actually introduced as a spirit medium in the game. Would probably make the story kinda into something messy if they are having Witch Trials while having a spirit medium at hand too ~_~

There is only one....And thank goodness.

In Layton's games, there's an option for the 'mysteries' of the game to be viewed in Layton's bag, with the various mysteries getting updated/solved as the game goes on. Is there a similar such thing in this one? Even better, do we get Layton's Journal entries as well?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Shuda51 wrote:
In Layton's games, there's an option for the 'mysteries' of the game to be viewed in Layton's bag, with the various mysteries getting updated/solved as the game goes on. Is there a similar such thing in this one? Even better, do we get Layton's Journal entries as well?

Yes and yes.

Wooster wrote:

That statement was objectionable!

Is Miles Edgeworth at all in this? :think:

迷探偵

TurnaboutWright wrote:

Spoiler:
Yes

That statement was objectionable!

Ash wrote:
TurnaboutWright wrote:

Spoiler:
Yes

Thanks for answering!

Spoiler:
Does he appear in Cutscene form or 3D Model form?
Page 1 of 9 [ 329 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)