Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)

Page 2 of 9[ 329 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - PLvsGS editionTopic%20Title

迷探偵

TurnaboutWright wrote:
Thanks for answering!

Spoiler:
Does he appear in Cutscene form or 3D Model form?

Spoiler:
Modeled (as in not in a BONES animated part)

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

That statement was objectionable!

Ash wrote:
TurnaboutWright wrote:
Thanks for answering!

Spoiler:
Does he appear in Cutscene form or 3D Model form?

Spoiler:
Modeled (as in not in a BONES animated part)

Thanks again! Looking forward to it every time!

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Hey, I thought I'd re-ask my question, 1, because it was written a little confusingly, and 2 because when I asked it it was release day and there were a bunch of questions being thrown around and so mine may have gotten lost in the process.

Regarding the plot and continuity of the game, is the crossover intended to be "canon" to one or both of the series. As in, if you were to create an Ace Attorney timeline, would PLvsAA fit somewhere on there, and it really happened to the characters as we know them in the game? (Sounds ridiculous, but it could be done with some kind of X-Files-like reality changing or something.)

Or is it "non-canon" to the plots of the other games. As in, this is just a "what-if" scenario where these two meet. It isn't an actual chapter in the lives of Layton/Phoenix?
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

迷探偵

If you really want to, you could fit them into both timelines, I think. For GS, there are a few comments/events that can be taken as refererences to certain GS cases (thus establishing a point in time. I think most GS players would instantly recognize them), but Takumi wrote them vague enough so that you could also just take them as general comments/events.

Spoiler: Food for thought for those who cleared the game
*Edgeworth appears in the ending (but we don't know how much time passed since Labyrinth City)
*Nick mentions never having met a real butler before (could easily be taken as a reference to GS2-4)
*More?

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Nice name, isn't it?

Another question: How many chapters are in the game? Unwound Future has the most chapters in any Layton game (13 chapters) and I was wondering if this game had more or less. And also, is the Storyteller the real villain? I've always guessed that he isn't because Takumi never shows off the real villain at the plain start.
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218

迷探偵

D-Man wrote:
Another question: How many chapters are in the game? Unwound Future has the most chapters in any Layton game (13 chapters) and I was wondering if this game had more or less.

Spoiler:
Introduction, nine numbered chapters and the final chapter (so 11)

Quote:
And also, is the Storyteller the real villain? I've always guessed that he isn't because Takumi never shows off the real villain at the plain start.

Spoiler:
Hard to answer w/o going into details, but he is not an innocent man at any rate.

Nice name, isn't it?

Ash wrote:
D-Man wrote:
Another question: How many chapters are in the game? Unwound Future has the most chapters in any Layton game (13 chapters) and I was wondering if this game had more or less.

Spoiler:
Introduction, nine numbered chapters and the final chapter (so 11)

Quote:
And also, is the Storyteller the real villain? I've always guessed that he isn't because Takumi never shows off the real villain at the plain start.

Spoiler:
Hard to answer w/o going into details, but he is not an innocent man at any rate.

Thanks for answering! But one last thing....
Spoiler:
Did that Sissel-looking cat have any significant role? I know he's not Sissel, but I'm pretty interested in knowing why he, out of all characters, is in the cover of the game.

Ash wrote:
If you really want to, you could fit them into both timelines, I think. For GS, there are a few comments/events that can be taken as refererences to certain GS cases (thus establishing a point in time. I think most GS players would instantly recognize them), but Takumi wrote them vague enough so that you could also just take them as general comments/events.

Spoiler: Food for thought for those who cleared the game
*Edgeworth appears in the ending (but we don't know how much time passed since Labyrinth City)
*Nick mentions never having met a real butler before (could easily be taken as a reference to GS2-4)
*More?

Thanks. Can I ask, is there resolution at the end that somehow explains why GS4 Nick isn't talking about this amazing adventure he had in a mystery city? As in does it explain a way how these magical/mysterious events take place in the GS world and how they're not discussed or theorized about later in the "timeline"?

Please don't tell me any plot twists, but just a yes or no. I don't want to know the plot twists before I play! :phoenix:
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

迷探偵

D-Man wrote:
Spoiler:
Did that Sissel-looking cat have any significant role? I know he's not Sissel, but I'm pretty interested in knowing why he, out of all characters, is in the cover of the game.

Spoiler:
Significant is a strong word, but there is a reason you could consider her relevant.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Thanks. Can I ask, is there resolution at the end that somehow explains why GS4 Nick isn't talking about this amazing adventure he had in a mystery city? As in does it explain a way how these magical/mysterious events take place in the GS world and how they're not discussed or theorized about later in the "timeline"?

If I really had to give an answer: yes.

Ash wrote:
D-Man wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Significant is a strong word, but there is a reason you could consider her relevant.

ADA McCoy wrote:

If I really had to give an answer: yes.

Alright, thank you so much! :)

1000% Knight

(This was already sorta asked but you guys didn't answer it, so... xP)
Rank the AA games from best to worst, including PLvAA. Do the same for PL games.

How is the knight-prosecutor dude? As concise and not-spoilery as possible, please xP I'm looking more for general opinion than any actual content.

Are there any main characters who use ねえ instead of ない in their speech style?
(gee, I wonder who I'm thinking of...)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:
(This was already sorta asked but you guys didn't answer it, so... xP)
Rank the AA games from best to worst, including PLvAA. Do the same for PL games.

How is the knight-prosecutor dude? As concise and not-spoilery as possible, please xP I'm looking more for general opinion than any actual content.

Are there any main characters who use ねえ instead of ない in their speech style?
(gee, I wonder who I'm thinking of...)

I just finished, so I'm biased, but off the cuff:

AA3 > AA1 = PLvsAA > AJ > AAI2 > AAI > AA2
PL3 > PLvsAA > PL4 > PL2 > PL1

Jeeken is a pretty legit guy, I liked his character.

Not that I noticed.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

1000% Knight

GK2 is that low on your list, whaaaaaaaa

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:

I like them all, don't worry. I just have a soft spot for AJ, and AA1, AA3, and PLvsAA were really something, though of course I'll need to have time to mull on PLvsAA a bit more.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

1000% Knight

Bad Player wrote:

and on-topic:
Are any scenes from this trailer in the game? (yes/no)
(and by "scenes" I don't mean "events", but those literal actual animated scenes. (Since Luke got switched from normal!luke to regular!luke, it seems kinda iffy, but maybe one of the ones with Nick/Maya or Mahone got in...)

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bad Player wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

and on-topic:
Are any scenes from this trailer in the game? (yes/no)
(and by "scenes" I don't mean "events", but those literal actual animated scenes. (Since Luke got switched from normal!luke to regular!luke, it seems kinda iffy, but maybe one of the ones with Nick/Maya or Mahone got in...)

Nope. It wouldn't really make sense, since I'm guessing that was done by Level-5's in-house animation team, but PLvsAA itself has its cutscenes done by Bones.

Wooster wrote:

I have a bunch of questions, mostly minor stuff.

Question 1: Layton games usually feature around 150 puzzles (not counting DLC), how many are there in PLvAA?

Question 2: On official screenshots we saw that e.g. Maya and Luke are used as avatars(?) in puzzles. In the whole game how often do they use the main chars in puzzles compared to generic characters from the Layton universe?

Question 3: Are the trials easier than normal, because you only have 8 different pieces of evidence at a time? How difficult is the game in general (when you don't use hint coins)?

Question 4: How many different testimonies are in the game?

Question 5: How many different pieces of evidence/profiles are in the game?

Question 6: Are there any other major (important) characters in the game besides the 8 we see on the official site? (Just say yes or no, please.)

Question 7: During Layton's "Investigation Phases" can you search the background and find evidence or can you only search for hint coins?

Question 8: Is it easy or hard to guess who's the "big bad" in the game? (Don't go into details.)

Question 9: Are there many twists and turns in the story? (Again, no details please.)

Question 10:
Spoiler: Minor spoilers regarding the title of a track.
One track is called "The Final Witness". Is this some kind of special version of the Cross-Examination tracks? Like Confrontation - Presto in the AAI games? Just say yes or no please.

The King of All

Does anyone know how much the game sold?
The king of all, Sir Duke

The King of All

Did the game's soundtrack feature any of the songs from the first trailer in 2010?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Lusankya wrote:
I have a bunch of questions, mostly minor stuff.

Question 1: Layton games usually feature around 150 puzzles (not counting DLC), how many are there in PLvAA?

Question 2: On official screenshots we saw that e.g. Maya and Luke are used as avatars(?) in puzzles. In the whole game how often do they use the main chars in puzzles compared to generic characters from the Layton universe?

Question 3: Are the trials easier than normal, because you only have 8 different pieces of evidence at a time? How difficult is the game in general (when you don't use hint coins)?

Question 4: How many different testimonies are in the game?

Question 5: How many different pieces of evidence/profiles are in the game?

Question 6: Are there any other major (important) characters in the game besides the 8 we see on the official site? (Just say yes or no, please.)

Question 7: During Layton's "Investigation Phases" can you search the background and find evidence or can you only search for hint coins?

Question 8: Is it easy or hard to guess who's the "big bad" in the game? (Don't go into details.)

Question 9: Are there many twists and turns in the story? (Again, no details please.)

Question 10:
Spoiler: Minor spoilers regarding the title of a track.
One track is called "The Final Witness". Is this some kind of special version of the Cross-Examination tracks? Like Confrontation - Presto in the AAI games? Just say yes or no please.

1. There's 70 puzzles, I believe, unless more unlock for solving all 70 (which I doubt, there's no "bonus puzzle" section like in Layton games).
2. They use the main characters as the puzzle avatars most of the time, though there are some that just have generic knights or something like that.
3. I'd say the trials are a little easier than the usual Ace Attorney ones. The game as a whole isn't tremendously difficult - even the puzzles are a little simpler than the normal Layton fare.
4. Going by my walkthrough notes, 28.
5. Profiles I'm not sure, but I believe cases 1 and 3 have 8 pieces, case 2 6, and case 4 13 (some get swapped in and out) for a total of 35.
6. Not really.
7. On a few occasions you get 'evidence' from investigating, but most of the time things you find just get added to an 'items' list in the menu.
8. Fairly easy, I suppose, though it's not the 'who' that's an issue.
9. There's some.
10. No.

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Does anyone know how much the game sold?

I'm curious as to this too, actually, but I'm not sure when weekly sales numbers come out.

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Did the game's soundtrack feature any of the songs from the first trailer in 2010?

A variation of the main theme from that trailer (everything up to Layton saying "I believe there has been a great misunderstanding") is used in a few cutscenes, but it's not in the sound test, I don't think.

Wooster wrote:

Seasoned Animator

Spoiler:
Just watched Nintendomania's playthrough on YouTube and...

WHY IS MAYA HOLDING A METAL PIPE IN CO-COUNCIL CONVERSATIONS!? Sorry for caps... :sadshoe:

Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

The King of All

I read there probably won't be a sequel, which is sad. Imagine Layton and Apollo teaming up and Mr. Hat steals the professor's top hat!

元・超会社員級の管理人

OrangeLightning wrote:
Spoiler:
Just watched Nintendomania's playthrough on YouTube and...

WHY IS MAYA HOLDING A METAL PIPE IN CO-COUNCIL CONVERSATIONS!? Sorry for caps... :sadshoe:

Spoiler:
The first case involves Mahoney being charged with assault in the form of clocking someone with a metal pipe. Maya bonks Phoenix with it at one point to prove a point in her own special way.

Wooster wrote:

Nice name, isn't it?

So, I really need to ask a big question here.

Who is the FINAL witness? I just finished listening to the song for that part and it's absolutely amazing.

The King of All

About the end
Spoiler:
Isn't it kind of crazy to build a whole city just to make some pharmaceuticals? My friend said this happens in the end but I think he's pulling my leg

迷探偵

Deadpool 9 wrote:
About the end
Spoiler:
Isn't it kind of crazy to build a whole city just to make some pharmaceuticals? My friend said this happens in the end but I think he's pulling my leg

Spoiler:
It's crazy, but true. Though the whole medieval city/witches theme was created by the Storyteller for the sake of Mahone (and another person, in a sense)

元・超会社員級の管理人

D-Man wrote:
So, I really need to ask a big question here.

Who is the FINAL witness? I just finished listening to the song for that part and it's absolutely amazing.

That song actually plays for two different people, but the person who's on its icon in the sound test (and is the final witness to arrive to court) is

Spoiler:
The Story Teller.

Wooster wrote:

The King of All

There's something bothering me about the launch trailer
Spoiler:
At the end, a fire bird or phoenix runs right into the Storyteller. Does this mean he dies?

元・超会社員級の管理人

Deadpool 9 wrote:
There's something bothering me about the launch trailer
Spoiler:
At the end, a fire bird or phoenix runs right into the Storyteller. Does this mean he dies?

Simple answer:

Spoiler:
No.

Slightly more explanatory answer:

Spoiler: Final case spoilers
No. He's faking his own death to provide an impetus for the final trial.

Wooster wrote:

The King of All

Did anyone find a ladder/stepladder conversation anywhere?

Two questions:

How good would you say the story is compared to other PW and PL games?

and

Do any other characters appear from PW or PL? And if so how many? (Please don't say who they are though)

The King of All

Does anyone know when the DLC releases?

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I didn't gather much, but Takumi was talking about it on Twitter. So I presume soon, if not already?
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

迷探偵

EmaFan wrote:
Do any other characters appear from PW or PL? And if so how many? (Please don't say who they are though)

Spoiler:
Yes. I remember two from Layton and one from GS (well, and a mascot...).

Deadpool 9 wrote:

Soon. Takumi twittered that everything on the Capcom side is ready (so the scenario is finished, and the art designer's comments also ready), so now we only have to wait until Level-5 starts offering it. It should be soon though. The way Takumi worded it, also implied that it will be offered in multiple parts (as opposed to everything at once).

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ash wrote:
Deadpool 9 wrote:

Soon. Takumi twittered that everything on the Capcom side is ready (so the scenario is finished, and the art designer's comments also ready), so now we only have to wait until Level-5 starts offering it. It should be soon though. The way Takumi worded it, also implied that it will be offered in multiple parts (as opposed to everything at once).

I believe the official PLvsGS twitter said it'd be released in weekly installments.

https://twitter.com/layton_gyakuten/sta ... 5470869504

Translation wrote:
(DLC notice 2!) {Episode 1: Reunion} ['Those people' come to visit Layton's office..!?] The content will be released a week at a time. The official schedule will be released soon, so until then please enjoy the main game!

Wooster wrote:

Spoiler:
In the Edgeworth cameo at the end, is it just some generic trial where he shouts Objection or something or is there dialogue like it's a trial we never played?

Spoiler:
After the game/fake city thing is over, do Phoenix etc. remember being in it or are their minds conveniently erased?

LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

元・超会社員級の管理人

icer wrote:
Spoiler:
In the Edgeworth cameo at the end, is it just some generic trial where he shouts Objection or something or is there dialogue like it's a trial we never played?

Spoiler:
After the game/fake city thing is over, do Phoenix etc. remember being in it or are their minds conveniently erased?

Spoiler:
If memory serves it's just a generic trial, with him saying things like "it's been a while since I've heard you shout Objection, Wright". Sort of like the little scene right before the credits of AA1.

Spoiler:
Everyone remembers what happened.

Wooster wrote:

Felipe

Please, just answer yes or no:

Spoiler:
Is Edgeworth voice-acted?

Thanks in advance!

迷探偵

fcgfcg wrote:
Please, just answer yes or no:

Spoiler:
Is Edgeworth voice-acted?

Thanks in advance!

Spoiler:
Yes

meetingsTopic%20Title

A true gentleman always rants

How many time does do the Ace Attorney characters and Layton characters meet? If you can, describe these events please. :redd:
Page 2 of 9 [ 329 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Labyrinthia (PLvsGS)