Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 30 posts ]

VG247.com - Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney - 2013?Topic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

In an interview with Akihiro Hino, Level-5's CEO, they talked about Level-5's American headquarters. There's some interesting stuff about working with Studio Ghibli on the Ni No Kuni game, and Hino's career past starting with Riverhillsoft in the 90's.

But then you get to this little snippet….

Quote:
Thankfully Hino seemed much happier to discuss the studio’s incoming releases – Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney – due for release on PS3 and 3DS next year respectively.

Now, this could be a mistake (Ni No Kuni is scheduled for this January on the PS3, and it could simply be poor wording that he slipped Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney in the same sentence) or Dave Cook didn't realize what he stumbled upon. But the prospects of this being legit are too good to pass up.

And, as an aside, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney's first week in Japan outsold Miracle Mask in it's first week (135,450 and 117,000 respectively) and Miracle Mask was released this past October. So you don't have to consider sales as a barrier to a western release.

In any case, feel free to speculate. Thanks to IrishMarcoos for the heads up!
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: VG247.com - Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney - 2013?Topic%20Title

The King of All

WOW! But do you think it will be published by Capcom or Nintendo?
The king of all, Sir Duke

I'm speechless.

I mean, I always knew that the odds were there. Level-5 wouldn't pass on localizing another Professor "sells like hotcakes" Layton game and there was that poll from some time ago where PLvsAA won by a landslide, so they knew people want it.

I'm gonna go on the idealistic side and say that this is the first hint that a localization is on its way.

As an aside, Sam Riegel (the guy who did Phoenix's voice in UMvC3) recently started doing a podcast and he happened to tease he was currently recording a role that involves "lots of shouting". Take that as you will.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

@Joe4evr

That could also be in reference to GS5.

The King of All

It kind of surprises me that the game might come out in a year, considering the average time a Layton game is localized.

Wooster wrote:
@Joe4evr

Ah yes, very possible.
"If witches worship demons, does that make Wright the devil's advocate?" - Just some caption on PLvsAA.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

@Deathpool9

Where specifically are you seeing that? Most of it's about Ni No Kuni. The only other line I saw that you could take for Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney getting localized was

Quote:
I was lucky enough to secure an email interview with Level-5 President and CEO Akihiro Hino in an attempt to strip back some of the mystery and ask him about how the company operates, the role of its newly-opened ‘International America’ studio, and its next releases Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney.

Which could be read as "I got to interview him about this, this, this, and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney."

Edit: Missed the extra 's' in 'releases'. Hmm. I guess there's more meat then I originally thought.

Wooster wrote:
@Joe4evr

Oh gawd, please no. Sam Riegel wouldn't fit Nick's GS4-5 persona at all.

High level play

Auburnsun wrote:
Oh gawd, please no. Sam Riegel wouldn't fit Nick's GS4-5 persona at all.

Why not? GS has come a long way from the point that only the shouts were being voiced. If GS5 were partly voiced (fully voiced probably is to hard/expensive) by Sam I'd be stoked.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

This rock... it reminds me of a puzzle!

@Wooster
"and its next releases Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney."

"ReleaseS". Plural! Which may mean it was indicating to the release of both games.
But I don't know. I may have just understood wrong.

I really hope it does come out here. I bought a 3ds mostly for Ace Attorney games.
One thing I did notice was that, at least, there was no mention of it being a Japan only game, whilst another game was.
Also, PLvsAA is already out in Japan, so why would they say next year if they meant this year? It could just have been an error but I hope not.
Anywho, this definately looks promising. Thanks! :phoenix:

Shut up, Hitler

I was lucky enough to secure an email interview with Level-5 President and CEO Akihiro Hino in an attempt to strip back some of the mystery and ask him about how the company operates, the role of its newly-opened ‘International America’ studio, and its next releases Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and Professor Layton Vs Ace Attorney.

The comma after 'studio' makes it a little hazy - if the author was talking about Ni No Kuni and PL vs AA as releasing by the Internation America studio, he wouldn't have put the comma until after 'releases' (or more likely, a colon/semi-colon.) That he put it after 'studio' implies he was talking about the releases of Level-5 in general, rather than the International America studio.

Seems like the author of the article responds to questions in the comments. If anyone's got an account there, ask him to clarify what he meant.

Ace Popcornator

I will be the happiest person on the planet if that is true. That is the best news I've heard all day. There was that facebook poll from a while back that showed that people want the game localized, and I believe that they said they would do it at some point. I think this information definitely holds water, or at least I hope it does.
I will bring your magnificent vengeance to fruition- JUST AS YOU WANT IT!

Wooster wrote:
And, as an aside, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney's first week in Japan outsold Miracle Mask in it's first week (135,450 and 117,000 respectively) and Miracle Mask was released this past October. So you don't have to consider sales as a barrier to a western release.

Keep in mind that Ace Attorney is more popular in comparison to Layton there than it is here.

I'll be the party-pooper, and be the one to say 'Won't believe anything till we got an official PR/declaration/confirmation in a Nintendo Direct/whatevah'.

But it looks really good. I just hope they'll let us keep the Japanese voices (ha ha ha.... never gonna happen), or have great voice actors for the English dub.

Good thing Level-5 is involved, Capcom alone would've found a a way to scr*w us over with this :yuusaku:
All Hail Level-5! :shoe:
ImageImageImage

Fate Testarossa

Well, I registered to ask to see if it was a wording mistake.

Fate is made by クロス

Objection!

Location: a curiously above ground underground laboratory in western Kentucky

I hope this is true. I've already got Ni no Kuni preordered (Amazon Griffy DLC version), and would be more than happy to give Level-5 more of my money for Layton vs. Phoenix. :maya:
Sailorneorune, shamelessly waving her big Phoenix Wright flag around since 2006.

The Law 'Shark'

LET us give you western money, Level 5 - We NEED this game out here, it's a starving niche right now!
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~

Wooster wrote:
@Joe4evr

Really? As great as it would be, it seems way too early for them to already be localizing AA5. PLvAA seems far more likely, if it is referring to an AA game.

M5432 wrote:
Wooster wrote:
@Joe4evr

Really? As great as it would be, it seems way too early for them to already be localizing AA5. PLvAA seems far more likely, if it is referring to an AA game.

AA5 was already confirmed to get localized a while ago. But yeah, it might not have even referred to an AA game to start with, it was just something I was speculating over.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Brett Elston of Capcom was able to dispel the rumor about GS5 being 'Fully Voice Acted'. Hence I wasn't quite ready to dispel that notion if they're already doing some basic tests.

Card Game Defense Attorney

What about the movie? I mean, it's just going to be a dub-over and not an adaptation right?

Level Up! - Magican Girl Form!

If this is true... Take it. Just take it, Level-5. *tosses wallet at screen* TAKE MY MONEY.
Fanfic: Here!
Last Updated: 7/17/08
Idea, Art, and Discussion Post: Here!
OTHER STUFF PARI DOES:
Sprites: Here!
*Major thanks to Eduds for the sprites of Talia and Elissa!*

The King of All

Kotaku reported they contacted Level-5 and they said "No western release of the title has been confirmed or announced". Back to square one :sadshoe:

High level play

Deadpool 9 wrote:
Kotaku reported they contacted Level-5 and they said "No western release of the title has been confirmed or announced". Back to square one :sadshoe:

NOOOOO
please take my money Level-5! I know Euro's and Dollars are being depreciated but it's got to be worth something to you right? RIGHT?!?
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Well, what else should they say? :yuusaku:

Lusankya wrote:
Well, what else should they say? :yuusaku:

Here's what they should say :

Quote:
''Yes, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney WILL be localised. Actually, it's already available on the US/EU eShop right nao!!!'

Spoiler:
Believe!

ImageImageImage

I'm sorry, but since this seems to be officially debunked or at least denied, shouldn't the original post be edited to reflect this? I'm sick of unsubstantiated rumours floating around...

Deadpool 9 wrote:

LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]

icer wrote:
I'm sorry, but since this seems to be officially debunked or at least denied, shouldn't the original post be edited to reflect this? I'm sick of unsubstantiated rumours floating around...

Deadpool 9 wrote:

I don't really see how it's debunked or denied. The strict wording just means they haven't announced its localization yet, which is true. The "confirmed" part could also mean regarding the announcement.

In fact, if they truly weren't localizing the game, they could've use a much more common (and Capcom-esque) canned response like "no localization is planned at this time," which carries a much different meaning.

Jarsh wrote:
icer wrote:

Deadpool 9 wrote:

I don't really see how it's debunked or denied. The strict wording just means they haven't announced its localization yet, which is true. The "confirmed" part could also mean regarding the announcement.

Then it can be quoted verbatim and people can make up their own mind, like any good reporting.

Quote:
In fact, if they truly weren't localizing the game, they could've use a much more common (and Capcom-esque) canned response like "no localization is planned at this time," which carries a much different meaning.

That's what they'd say if they were not going to in the foreseeable future. This article is about the 'fact' that this localisation and release for '2013' is actually officially 'planned' or going on. Level-5's representative surely knows that even if nothing is going on with PL vs PW (that they know about) it could easily be localised and even released in the near future, with no relation to that article. I agree the stock response is pretty meaningless (the likelihood they'd confirm a release is near-zero).

What really needs to happen is confirmation from Dave Cook over exactly what Hino actually said.
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 30 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes