Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 19 posts ]

PLvsAA DLC will comeTopic%20Title

Siliconera
Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney Will Have DLC For The Next 24 Weeks
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/11/pr ... -24-weeks/
日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.
Re: PLvsAA DLC will comeTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

As good as this news is going to that site was more bad news that good.

Related articles there indicated that PLvsAA didn't sell too great and that Sega is suing Level 5 over Inazuma 11.

XP Neither of these things seem conducive to localising PLvsAA.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Missile

If you consider that the user base for the 3DS is still rather small, the sales are actually fairly decent looking.

I'm pretty sure it was in the top 3 best-selling games in its release week in Japan. (Not just for 3DS, across all platforms.)

The 3DS userbase can't really be considered small... it'll be bigger than the PS3's by the end of the month!
But I agree, PLvsAA sales are quite good (if not exceptional, but then again, PL or AA sales never were that impressive anyway), especially for a cross-over and in such a busy period of the year.

Quote:
Related articles there indicated that PLvsAA didn't sell too great and that Sega is suing Level 5 over Inazuma 11.

Ha, that's THEY'RE interpretation of rather solid sales. And Sega suing Level-5 won't have any impact whatsoever, it doesn't even concern any of the series involved in PLvsAA (and by the looks of it, a rather shameless attempt at money-grabbing by SEGA, but that's just my personal opinion). I wouldn't worry about what Silliconera says.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it was in the top 3 best-selling games in its release week in Japan. (Not just for 3DS, across all platforms.)

It was n°2, with better sales than Animal Crossing :shoe:
ImageImageImage

Missile

L~A wrote:
The 3DS userbase can't really be considered small... it'll be bigger than the PS3's by the end of the month!
But I agree, PLvsAA sales are quite good (if not exceptional, but then again, PL or AA sales never were that impressive anyway), especially for a cross-over and in such a busy period of the year.

PS3 userbase is 70 million, 3DS is 22 million. It's not overtaking anything this month (unless Nintendo did a special deal with Santa this year?)

Regardless, Siliconera needs to learn how to read the figures before spouting nonsense.

Japanese DS userbase in 2008: 25,000,000
Japanese 1st week sales of Unwound Future: 350,000

Japanese 3DS userbase as of Sept 2012: 8,000,000
Japanese 1st week sales of GS vs LK: 130,000

If you do the math,
1.4 percent of the userbase bought Unwound Future in the 1st week.
1.6 percent of the userbase bought GS vs LK in the 1st week

So GS vs LK sold relatively better than the best-selling Layton game in the series.

Gettin' Old!

Thanks for easing my worries fellahs thought something seemed a bit fishy though I agree Sega is being ridiculous with it's lawsuit attempt.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Self-proclaimed smart person.

Even if the sales would be considered poor by any standards, let's not forget that this is a Layton title. Every Layton game has sold incredibly well in Europe, usually selling double the amount of what it does in Japan (the only exception so far is the Mask of Miracles which only got released about one month back, so that can't really be compared yet), and American sales aren't too bad, either. If that's any indication, I wouldn't be worried about Level-5 jumping ship on this. Besides, it wouldn't make sense to skip this title and then going back to releasing Layton 6 the year after that. I'm still placing my money on a quiet announcement around E3, which is a bit of a Layton tradition by now.

As for the downloadable content, it really sounds interesting. I love little extra scenarios, so I'm looking forward to see more information on it.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

I love the sound of what this DLC has to offer, now to avoid even more spoilers... Oh yeah fun times!

:shoe:

元・超会社員級の管理人

24 weeks? Niiice. I wonder if any of the episodes will be in court.

Incidentally, doesn't look like the PLvsAA update is online yet, so you can't grab the DLC just yet.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Ah, sugoi! This looks really exciting! It's nice that the AA games can be updated with new stuff on the 3ds. I think it's a good port for the series to be on.

I felt a bit annoyed with Silliconera's article about the PLvsAA sales. It made the sales sound terrible when actually it seems to be doing really well. It really made me believe we might not get the crossover. :edgeworth: *death stares*

ouboros wrote:
L~A wrote:

PS3 userbase is 70 million, 3DS is 22 million. It's not overtaking anything this month (unless Nintendo did a special deal with Santa this year?)

Oops, forgot to specify I was talking about the Japanese market (which I thought was obvious, since we're talking about a game that has only been released in Japan). And I'm not sure about the 3DS, but I'm sure Animal Crossing got a special deal with Santa :shoe:

Quote:
3DS # 8.587.879 |
| PS3 8.679.266 |

ImageImageImage

元・超会社員級の管理人

The first special episode is now available. Story by Shuu Takumi, produced by Takashi Itou, programmed by Level-5.

It takes place after the main game, so I won't say the plot for those spoiler-averse.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The King of All

Did the first special episode have gameplay like AA or Professor Layton?
The king of all, Sir Duke

迷探偵

The first episode had a puzzle.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Deputy of Self-Esteem

This puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Bolt Storm wrote:
The first special episode is now available. Story by Shuu Takumi, produced by Takashi Itou, programmed by Level-5.

It takes place after the main game, so I won't say the plot for those spoiler-averse.

I have a question about it "taking place after the maing game"
Spoiler:
Without spoiling anything, does this mean that the end of the game somehow leaves this pair-up open to happening again? I would imagine there was some X-Files kind of "nobody remembers anything that happened/both of us return to our respective times" kind of thing.

I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Blah!

Wooster wrote:
This puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.

This puzzle of a puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.

Out of curiosity, how long is this DLC case? Is it a serious case (such as Mass Effect DLC) or a silly case (such as Asura vs. Ryu)?

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one DLC case was a silly one, but I'm wondering if they are going to be a real part of the story (in a sense).

迷探偵

blahmoomoo wrote:
Out of curiosity, how long is this DLC case? Is it a serious case (such as Mass Effect DLC) or a silly case (such as Asura vs. Ryu)?

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one DLC case was a silly one, but I'm wondering if they are going to be a real part of the story (in a sense).

It's not a case, but a special 'episode. It functions as an epilogue to the main scenario, but it's definitely written in a meta-concious tone (i,e, the characters mention that this was just the first episode etc).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Gettin' Old!

Quote:

Good call L~A
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 1 of 1 [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes