Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 17 posts ]

Ace Attorney Trilogy HD delayed to 2013Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Sad news, though I imagine most of you had already guessed it: the Ace Attorney Trilogy for iOS has been delayed to 2013. From PocketGamer:

Quote:
Capcom has told Pocket Gamer that its iOS courtroom drama trilogy Ace Attorney HD has been delayed, so it won't hit the App Store until early 2013.

The collection will include the first three games in this delectable Nintendo DS franchise. That's Phoenix Wright, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations.

They all star rookie lawyer Phoenix Wright, who is assigned to a non-stop cavalcade of murder cases.

So, he'll hunt through crime scenes for evidence, then head to court and try and get his client off the hook.

Thanks to irishmarcoos for the heads up.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD delayed to 2013Topic%20Title

OBJECTION!

I was actually thinking about this the other day. So the news didn't come as a big shock.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

If we were to assume that Layton vs. AA is going to be localized next year, delaying it may allow them to jump on that bandwagon. It might sell better.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

The Trilogy is currently targeted for early 2013. I honestly wouldn't expect Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney until around Fall. I don't think that timing would work.

As an aside, Ghost Trick was released on Feb 2nd on iOS to the world.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump

Wooster wrote:
The Trilogy is currently targeted for early 2013. I honestly wouldn't expect Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney until around Fall. I don't think that timing would work.

As an aside, Ghost Trick was released on Feb 2nd on iOS to the world.

Oops didn't read the word "early". As you said, it wouldn't make sense then.

Wonder why it was delayed.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

It's ridiculous that it's been delayed. They have the translations. They have the HD sprites. They have the iOS engine. The fact is that probably the one guy they assigned to making this happen probably forgot about it - as did the rest of Capcom - and it's now just been picked up on so they've had to delay it to vague date #2.

Deputy of Self-Esteem

There are a few legitimate reasons I can think of why they'd delay the game.

1. Leading up to the end of Fall, my leading suspicion was that Capcom would release close to the 21st, they day Apple locks the App Store for Christmas and freezes the app rankings for a week. If you think your App can make the top rankings then that's a 'very' sweet spot to have. But, if your competition has something better, then your game would be discarded before it got a chance. EA plays that game aggressively each year, and Square is releasing FFIV on iOS. Maybe Capcom felt the iOS port wouldn't stand the holiday competition? I wouldn't blame them. Capcom hasn't been particularly aggressive about broadcasting this port. Flight to Fight another day and all that jazz.
  2. This is wishful thinking, but I HOPE the game got delayed so they could work on the user interface. In some ways the original DS port for iOS was better then the HD version. It's laggy, the frame rate for the UI is stunningly bad, not to mention the kerning for the main font could use a lot of work from the screenshots that were sent out of the English version. As said:
    Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:
    A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.

3. Fixing the sprites. Dalilah's transparency is dithered. Most characters don't blink. Frames are missing.

In short, there's a lot of good reasons to delay this game. Mind, it's a LOT better then it was when it was released with the movie, but it 'really' lacks the traditional polish of a mainstream game.

Poké Maniac & Ace Attorney

Or,
D. They're fixing it for iPhone 5. It'd be weird releasing a pillar-boxed game months after the new model came out, after all. :phoenix:

Deputy of Self-Esteem

I never considered D, and that opens itself to some strange possibilities.

The pre-iPhone 5 iPhones had an aspect ratio that matched the GBA. Fits like a glove, until you get to the GS1-5 case and sprites, which were designed for the DS which had a relatively taller screen. You enter in the iPhone 5 and you've got a product that is unlike both the GBA and the DS.

Too bad about the delay. I won't lose any sleep over it though because I have already played these games already. :phoenix:

On the bright side, I plan on buying an iPod Touch 5th Generation with whatever money I get during the holidays. Once that happens, the HD Collection should be out by then. :will:

None of A,B,C or D adequately explain to me why they only bothered to notify us of the delay now. My explanation earlier of "they forgot about it" explains that perfectly! Of course the explanation for it is that they probably didn't see it as priority to announce the delay, but it definitely irks me. If you can say it earlier, why don't you?

Also, I highly doubt that they are actually making improvements to the game's engine. I welcome them to prove me wrong, but I really just don't have a lot of faith in Capcom's professionality at the moment. I imagine the reasoning is most in line with A, and that's fine, but if that's the case why did they announce it for Autumn 2012 to begin with and why did they not publicly delay it the moment they realised that that wasn't commercially viable.

I'm not overly concerned by this release being as I have the games already on two separate consoles, but I have a friend definitely wants this - having played through my copies of the game before but wanting his own - and this "we'll release it whenever the hell we feel like it" attitude Capcom are oozing is unhelpful.

Do your best, Nick. Hee... hee... hee...

Did an Android version ever come out, even in Japan? Just curious

Deputy of Self-Esteem

Yes it did, but like now it wasn't publicized in the lead up (at least, if memory serves). This I suspect had something to do with Apple only giving special exposure to exclusives. iOS is where the main money is at, not Andriod, so it's not an unheard of practice to 'surprise' the audience with an android port after the Editor's Choice (Formerly app/game of the week) expires.

I suspect there's some similar business with Nintendo of some sort, seeing as how quickly the game went to ios after the DS in Japan. Of what nature though and how enticing, I couldn't farthum.

Wooster wrote:
Yes it did, but like now it wasn't publicized in the lead up (at least, if memory serves). This I suspect had something to do with Apple only giving special exposure to exclusives. iOS is where the main money is at, not Andriod, so it's not an unheard of practice to 'surprise' the audience with an android port after the Editor's Choice (Formerly app/game of the week) expires.

I suspect there's some similar business with Nintendo of some sort, seeing as how quickly the game went to ios after the DS in Japan. Of what nature though and how enticing, I couldn't farthum.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo had exclusive rights for a short time. Once those rights expired, the game could be ported to other platforms.

I would have thought there would have been some info on this by now. At least a release date.

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Well.

Early 2013 says hi.

[color=#80BF80][/color]well i giving it till the end of march hopefully it be out by then i relley want to play justice for all while on the train or when i am on the go without the ds :phoenix: :phoenix: :phoenix: :yuusaku: :uramidn: :udgy: :edgeworth: :edgeworth: :edgeworth: :minuki: :adrian: :keiko:
Page 1 of 1 [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes