Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 34 posts ]

Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant future'Topic%20Title

It's been quite a while since we've heard anything about Ace Attorney 5, but it looks like it's gonna change pretty soon. Here's a comment made by the infamous Christian Svensson on Capcom-Unity :

Quote:
We'll have new AA5 news in the not so distant future to share though. We did confirm it was coming Westward back at TGS.

The way he phrases it, I take it he's talking about news for the West, not so much news about the game itself (though I'm pretty sure we're going to get a nice article in the Famitsu magazine before the end of March). We already know Ace Attorney 5 WILL be released in the West, so I'm curious as to what he's referring to.

Guess we'll just to have to wait and see!
ImageImageImage
Re: Svensson: Ace Attorney 5 news 'in the not-so-distant futTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

I call the next announcement will confirm Apollo appears in-game and he is not a prosecutor!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Moving over to Trial Minutes.

Interesting thing to tease. At this point all I can imagine is a translated TGS trailer, but I'm not sure when/where they'd show it off. As far as I know they haven't announced a Captivate 2013 yet, but if that is coming up soon they could show it off there.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

It would be sweet if the news was AA5 being realised in the west at the same time it's realised in Japan.

Last edited by tvmadykid on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm liking the sound of this! Really hope it's a release date :phoenix:

Bolt Storm wrote:
Moving over to Trial Minutes.

Interesting thing to tease. At this point all I can imagine is a translated TGS trailer, but I'm not sure when/where they'd show it off. As far as I know they haven't announced a Captivate 2013 yet, but if that is coming up soon they could show it off there.

Thanks for that!

By the way, I believe this is the first time an Ace Attorney game has been announced for the West even before we got the Japanese date, right ? (Even before the game was released, I believe... not taking the ports into account of course).

We usually get the info after Japan, so I wonder what they'll show us... I doubt Svensson will go and hype a Famitsu article. Does that mean we'll get the info merely a few days after Japan ? Will we get a trailer the same day? I think it's quite likely we'll get the TGS trailer translated.

About Captivate, it apparently often takes place in April, and it's usually announced a week before the actual event according to Svensson. And that sort of fits with 'in the not-so-distant future' timeframe he gave for the AA5 news. I think we might hear something in April :shoe:

It'd be cool if we got a simultaneous release date, but hey, I know Ace Attorney ain't no Resident Evil... even the crappiest RE game WILL get a simultaneous release date and be translated in almost a dozen languages :yuusaku:
ImageImageImage

Zoinks

Oh man. UK release date first. I just know it.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

IDV

L~A wrote:
About Captivate, it apparently often takes place in April, and it's usually announced a week before the actual event according to Svensson. And that sort of fits with 'in the not-so-distant future' timeframe he gave for the AA5 news. I think we might hear something in April :shoe:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/22/ca ... this-year/

Nope.

Art Person

It has been a few months since any AA5 related news has been out.
I hope "not so distant future" means sometime this/next month!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Alex wrote:
L~A wrote:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/22/ca ... this-year/

Nope.

In that case, my guess would be PAX East in March.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Capcom's "not-so-distant" is probably November or something.

And I hope the news are good this time... I still am dealing with the fact that they delayed Ace Attorney Trilogy and still haven't said a thing.

Art Person

Bolt Storm wrote:
In that case, my guess would be PAX East in March.

I know PAX Aus will be on in July, If I see anything Ace Attorney related there, I'll be sure to share it (If it's not already known).

1000% Knight

L~A wrote:
By the way, I believe this is the first time an Ace Attorney game has been announced for the West even before we got the Japanese date, right ? (Even before the game was released, I believe... not taking the ports into account of course).

I think so, but that's most likely because of GK2. They know the fanbase is really upset about not getting GK2, so they likely confirmed the western release of AA5 ASAP in order to win back the fanbase a bit, stop people from worrying if GS5 would have the same fate as GK2, and also preemptively stop all the "OMG ARE WE GONNA GET GS5?!??!?!?!" questions they would've gotten otherwise.

(also why is Sven "infamous"? >.<)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Fate Testarossa

I thiiiiiiiiink it's something to do with his handling of GK2 here. But I'm not sure.

(And frankly, I don't get the hate. He's just doing his job. He can't really do much about it...)

Fate is made by クロス

kwando wrote:
I thiiiiiiiiink it's something to do with his handling of GK2 here. But I'm not sure.

(And frankly, I don't get the hate. He's just doing his job. He can't really do much about it...)

I actually commend Sven for his job. I used to periodically check posts directed to him and the amount of bullshit he receives from passionately immature fans, often blaming HIM (?!?!?!) for GK2 not being localized, is enormous. I'm impressed he never lost his cool facing such ignorance.

1000% Knight

Yeah, I always thought he was pretty chill for continually telling us what was going on :yuusaku: (even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear, but still, that wasn't his fault)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Bad Player wrote:
Yeah, I always thought he was pretty chill for continually telling us what was going on :yuusaku: (even if it wasn't what we wanted to hear, but still, that wasn't his fault)

Exactly! He's doing us a favor. He could just up and say "okay, since you guys can't talk in a civil and decent manner, I won't forward any news regarding GK2".

Fate Testarossa

VCM wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Exactly! He's doing us a favor. He could just up and say "okay, since you guys can't talk in a civil and decent manner, I won't forward any news regarding GK2".

Good to see I'm not the only person who shares this opinion. Though, there are some here who seem to vehemently hate whatever comes out of his mouth...

Fate is made by クロス

Bad Player wrote:
L~A wrote:

I think so, but that's most likely because of GK2. They know the fanbase is really upset about not getting GK2, so they likely confirmed the western release of AA5 ASAP in order to win back the fanbase a bit, stop people from worrying if GS5 would have the same fate as GK2, and also preemptively stop all the "OMG ARE WE GONNA GET GS5?!??!?!?!" questions they would've gotten otherwise.

(also why is Sven "infamous"? >.<)

Yeah, that's also my guess, though a part of me wants to believe we won't have too much to wait after the Japanese release... but yeah, as I said, AA ain't no Resident Evil, so we're likely to wait several months at least. Still better than nothing at all :shoe:
ImageImageImage

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

The problem with Svensson is he should just shut up sometimes. He should understand that non-announcements like these are kinda annoying, specially since a lot of the time he's hyping up mediocre or irrelevant stuff, months before they actually happen.

I just don't like the way he handles himself as the important executive he is. Not very professional of him, in my opinion. I appreciate his intention to open up to the public, and Capcom Unity is an excellent platform for it, probably the best non-fan site dedicated to any company's fanbase... But I don't think he's pulling it off. At all.

I dunno.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'm hoping maybe this means official Japanese release date confirmation and a rough US release Estimate (ex. Early 2014). While all the DS AA games have been released in spring in Japan (Which usually means February here in the US) we still don't know when GS5 will be released. If it's this Christmas, we probably won't be getting it for a while.

I can't imagine why they would do a simultaneous release, because it's not a hugely successful series and translating that much unrealized text is probably pretty hard. I guess it's always possible.

I like that Capcom is letting us know about when announcements are going to be. After the AAI2 fiasco it's nice to know that the wheels are in motion.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

With the whole GK2 story and the delayed HD trilogy's release I've lost quite a lot of faith on whatever info is passed around. The game isn't even out yet in Japan, and you never know with Capcom when it concerns Ace Attorney games....I'll believe it when I see it in the game stores I frequently go to.

The butler is the culprit!

So... No new info given by Capcom in PAX East. I even asked on the Capcom Unity stream if they were going to say something about AA5 and I got an answer in a form of "No news for AA5".

kOPF wrote:
So... No new info given by Capcom in PAX East. I even asked on the Capcom Unity stream if they were going to say something about AA5 and I got an answer in a form of "No news for AA5".

I'm impressed you even had expectations.

Blah!

kOPF wrote:

Since AA5 isn't even out yet in Japan, the only reason they'd have any news is if they plan to release it in North America simultaneously, which is atypical to how they've done things in the past. Even Professor Layton doesn't get simultaneous releases.

PL vs. AA had more of a chance of getting an announcement because it's released in Japan already, but even then Level 5 is probably doing the localization, and they don't tend to announce Professor Layton localizations until closer to release date (release is generally in October, as of the last few games).

元・超会社員級の管理人

blahmoomoo wrote:
kOPF wrote:

Since AA5 isn't even out yet in Japan, the only reason they'd have any news is if they plan to release it in North America simultaneously, which is atypical to how they've done things in the past. Even Professor Layton doesn't get simultaneous releases.

To be fair, AAI was announced and got an English trailer before GK was out in Japan, but if memory serves that was much closer to GK's launch.

Going by the fact AA5's still only got a 'general' 2013 date and the lack of new info (besides Apollo, the screens/etc. in the recent news were still all from the segments shown at TGS, albeit with some tweaks to the models/lighting), my guess is development is taking longer than anticipated, and so localization can't really get off the ground just yet. Ergo, nothing to announce.

Wooster wrote:

What did he do this time...?

Wow Capcom... you're just going to give us a pic of Apollo and leave us here hanging?
Seriously... the not-so-distant future must be in the summer. Heck, we might hear about PL vs AA localization first.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Blah!

Danchat wrote:
Wow Capcom... you're just going to give us a pic of Apollo and leave us here hanging?
Seriously... the not-so-distant future must be in the summer. Heck, we might hear about PL vs AA localization first.

I think a summer release is a bit too optimistic... unless anybody's heard something to the contrary. The normal pattern is that the games are released in the Fall.

We're talking about Capcom so they could change their minds. This summer seems too soon, maybe even this year... :eh?:

Derper

I'm expecting the release date to be December, or maybe early 2014 if delayed.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Danchat wrote:

I think a summer release is a bit too optimistic... unless anybody's heard something to the contrary. The normal pattern is that the games are released in the Fall.

Yeah, Summer release is probably for Japan only. US and EU release probably won't be before 2014 at this rate.
ImageImageImage

They had set the deadline to "early 2013" and we're already getting close to the middle. Knowing our beloved Capcom, the game should come around February '14.

What did he do this time...?

Quote:

Whoops, I meant to say we'd get the news in summer. I'm not expecting the game to come out until winter-spring 2013-14.

Maybe Japan will get an early fall release.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Derper

Sorry for bumping this.
I'm just not sure if this is worthy of another thread, but this says that AA5 would be part of an event on April 27.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/event/nico2/

Does it say anything new?
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.
Page 1 of 1 [ 34 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes