Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Page 1 of 39[ 1532 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 


You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3398

Welcome to the Beta version of YKWRGMG?
Rules are the same as last time;
You can't make your post about another C-R member, it has to be over 2 sentences long, and has to start with "You know what really grinds my gears?"

I'll start.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who can only identify themselves by what they hate.

Take some atheists for example,
there are a group of people out there who sit in any given conversation and hope someone brings up the topic of religion, just so they can blurt out their "there's no such thing as God" speech, and have a perfectly picked argument just so they can make someone else be wrong.
They can't just leave well enough alone, if you believe in some higher power, they NEED to put their word in.

Let me tell you something you "In your face" atheists, you're no better than those Catholics who never fail to blame sinners for natural disasters, their whole life is to put God into everything, and your whole life is to hate it.
At least they have an excuse; a faithful person will go on to be the sons of the most high. But what do you get for telling these people off?
The satisfaction that you can take the easy side of an argument and win?
Fuck you.
There's a special kind of hell just for you guys, even if you don't believe in it.

And that, is what really grinds my gears.

Just a friendly reminder from the staff: having a grievance against something is not an excuse to lash out at other users. If you disagree with a user's post here, please either talk it out politely and civilly or just ignore it. If he/she starts getting confrontational, just don't respond. Very few arguments end with one side admitting to being wrong, especially if they become more along the lines of shouting matches than debates.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

I felt a certain veiled reference to a C-R member, but nevermind.

You know what really grinds my gears? Cheating, in any way, but especially the romantic sense.

If you don't like your partner, fucking break up with him. You love two people at the same time? Bullshit, you're just an emotionally needy slut/jackass with family issues and dump them on people, looking to satisfy hidden desires. Your place is in therapy.

The very culture of cheating people love to talk about nowadays - it sets my nerves on fire. HOW ON EARTH can you post online one day that love is this and that and the next day, when you go to the club, sing along to lyrics that clearly say "Today I'm gonna cheat on my partner" (yep. There is such a song with this exact verse in Brazil, only in Portuguese)????

And last but not least, people that encourage cheating "if it was justified". HOW CAN YOU JUSTIFY BREACH OF TRUST? Even if your partner was Hell in person, you think you should just drop to their level and do the same kind of stuff? You're basically the guy who says killing is not a problem when the victim is a felon. You deserve as much punishment as they do and before I forget go impale yourselves in a fucking tree.




That's it.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

VCM wrote:
I felt a certain veiled reference to a C-R member, but nevermind.


You're imagining things.
Image

You know what really grinds my gears? People who are cynical drama queens.

By this I mean people who experience hardship and lose all hope/give up on something. With the recent bombings on Boston, shooting at Sandy Hook, I hear stuff like "I've given up on humanity." Just a week ago, a coworker told me this "People are all selfish and untrustworthy. When someone wants a dog, what's the point? You can't take care of yourself, so how can you take care of an animal? You just want something to cure your loneliness." He had a few strong curse words in there that I chose to omit. It's ridiculous how cynical people can be. In my eyes, extremely cynical people like my coworker are just as bad as the Boston bombers we had this past weekend. Their actions may not be harming anybody, but their outrageous attitude they hold towards others is just as disgusting.

It's sad how only the negative actions of humans are prevalent in society while the good deeds of the world often go unnoticed or are written off as scams. "Charity work? Bah. Bet they're all pocketing the money!"

Lately, I've been seeing quite a few instances where people discredit reality because they're afraid of getting hurt. Family, Friendship, Romance, Trust etc etc are common things that are often popular topics to complain about. "I have no friends in the real world who understand me. There's NO ONE for me to meet in reality! The Internet is my savior in terms of friends!" It's sad to see how people are so eager to escape from the world and try to find others online in hopes of finding another person they can relate to. No matter how much you bond with a person on the Internet, it means nothing compared to actual physical interaction. Alright alright alright, dealing with people is hard and there's a chance of yourself getting hurt. Big deal. Mistakes happen and you learn from them. Stop acting like such a damn drama queen by staying stuff like: "I've given up on making friends in the real world." "Love doesn't exist." "Humanity is doomed" "I can't trust anyone of the opposite gender (mainly directed toward men)" "I'll never find another girl like her"

Seriously. I'm sick of it. Most of the people I've heard say these things are teenagers who haven't even lived life yet.
Stop it with your teenage melodramatic shit.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

VCM wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Cheating, in any way, but especially the romantic sense.


That is also something that really grinds my gears.
If you are in a relationship with another person, you have practically no 'right' to sleep with another person. If you want to sleep with another person than your significant other, you shouldn't be a in a relationship. You can have fantasies all you want, nobody's stopping you from having those - fantasies can be quite helpful, mostly people imagine things they'd never do anyway - but don't actually do anything.

You know what really grinds my gears about that bit? The excuses given after you have cheated.

"You know I love you!" means nothing in this situation. If you love someone, you don't sleep with another person. "I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing!" also bullshit, as you should have known your limit and stopped drinking before you approached it too closely. And alcohol doesn't make you do things you never wanted to do - it lowers your inhibition of doing things you wanted to do in the first place.

So all you cheaters, wherever you are, if you are reading things, I hope you feel ashamed for what you did. I hope your partner leaves you and doesn't forgive you that. And even if you get back together for whatever reason, I hope you still won't be forgiven. As VCM said, that's a breach of trust and how can you trust someone again if they already broke it before?

You know what really grinds my gears? Teen-Pregnancy due to own stupidity.

This somewhat goes hand-in-hand with 'having sex too early' although I am quite aware that everybody has their own personal idea of 'too early'. I don't really care if you start having sex when you're 13 years old, just make sure your body and your mind are ready for it. And use some fucking protection!!
"You can't get pregnant on your first time", bullshit!
"You can't get pregnant before your first period", worst bullshit ever!
Those are the type of idiots who didn't pay attention in sex ed. What does menstruation mean? You had a fertilizable egg hatch! So if you have sex shortly before your first period, you goddamn well can get pregnant! And it doesn't matter how many times you've had sex, you end up having an ovulation/can ejaculate sperm, you goddamn well can end up knocked up!

Condoms are not that expensive! Years ago, I was curious how much they cost and bought them and a pack of 10 cost about 5€ which is pretty cheap. The pill is also very easy to obtain. Those are the two safest ways to avoid pregnancy - and STDs, in the case of condoms - but if you really can't stand the thought of taking a pill for 21/28 days of the month.... you shouldn't be having sex!! Fuck other contraceptives, if you can't stand a thought like that, don't have sex!
(This also goes for those who do use condoms, but because things have gotten so hectic lately and because boy/girlfriend is feeling oh-so-lonely right now because you're too busy, you end up not using condoms "just that one/few time(s)" and end up pregnant. They feel lonely, they can masturbate or learn themselves in some patience!)
And don't you dare come crying to your parents afterwards and expect sympathy from them because you were too stupid to use protection. If I was your parent and that happened - aside from being deeply ashamed cause I would make sure you wouldn't turn out to be such an idiot - I'd let you have an earful and then leave you to make the decision on what to do. You think you're old enough to have sex? Then you're old enough to deal with the consequences!
(Also a problem I have with this one scene I saw on an ad for Teenage-Moms where the girl was saying to her mother, "I am a mother and I'm a teenager!" No!! No, you are not!! The minute you decided to give birth to that baby and take care of it, you willingly gave up being a teenager!!)

Sorry for the excessive punctuation, but that just really grinds my gears!

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

The only thing that grinds my gears, is judgemental people. The people who believe so strongly that they are playing hero, but are just being judgemental jerks who may be just as bad as the supposed villian.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 am

Posts: 370

I never understood people playing with other's hearts in a romantic way and cheating when you should just break up with that person... ._.

You know what really grinds my gears? When people who don't take other's feelings and difference around them into consideration when suggesting something major, like telling someone they wouldn't feel anything if one of their parent died when the person they are talking to has lost a parent.

Another would be someone tossing back all your suggestions with no effort whatsoever to help themselves when they asked for an helping hand in the first place..
ImageImage


Last edited by mushin on Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

DoMaya wrote:
You can't make your post about another C-R member, it has to be over 2 sentences long, and has to start with "You know what really grinds my gears?"

Does "You know what really grinds my gears" count towards the 2 sentences?


Anyway

You know what really grinds my gears? People who make internet forum posts or talk in chatrooms just about how they don't know what something is. You're on the internet. There are tons of ways to look stuff up. Do you really need someone to hold your hand to google? This also applies where people ask about problems without googling it first; I've seen people post problems, and then had it solved by another member... who didn't actually know the answer, but just googled it and got it from the first result. The people who do this always say that they'd rather find out about it from people know they, but there's no reason I have to waste my effort telling you it's a puzzle game for the DS or a comedy movie from the 90s or whatever when you could find that out in 5 seconds from a google or wikipedia search. There's absolutely no reason you have to hear it from my mouth. If you want to hear how it is, and want to hear it if it's good or not from someone you know, then fine, but there's no reason you can't look up what it is yourself.



also soreveil, you didn't use "You know what really grinds my gears?", that's an official warning
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 am

Posts: 370

Bad Player wrote:
also soreveil, you didn't use "You know what really grinds my gears?", that's an official warning


Ah...seems like I read too fast this time thanks for pointing it out, I'll be more careful. *fixes* :think-think-think:
ImageImage
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

soreveil wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
also soreveil, you didn't use "You know what really grinds my gears?", that's an official warning


Ah...seems like I read too fast this time thanks for pointing it out, I'll be more careful. *fixes* :think-think-think:

you just don't learn, do you? *pulls out banhammer*


(...this is also an official warning for me. darn it, me, follow the rules.)


EDIT:
soreveil wrote:
You know what grinds my ear?

Never mind, that made me laugh xD ALL IS FORGIVEN
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 7:52 am

Posts: 370

Bad Player wrote:
EDIT:
soreveil wrote:
You know what grinds my ear?

Never mind, that made me laugh xD ALL IS FORGIVEN


:ack:

You know what really grinds my gears? When I make involuntary new typos trying to fix my sentences. *crawls in the corner of shame*
ImageImage
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

In Justice We Trust

Gender: Male

Location: Southern California

Rank: Admin

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm

Posts: 4090

You know what really grinds my gears?

People who consciously keep doing something annoying even after you've asked them to stop. If it's something you're doing without realizing it, such as fidgeting with your pen, that's another story. I'm talking about doing something you couldn't possibly be doing without being aware of it, such as singing along to your mp3 player's music in a loud and screechy falsetto. It is extremely rude and self-centered to consciously do something that you know annoys the person near you--especially if that person isn't in a position to leave. By doing this kind of thing, you're basically saying to the people around you that you don't give a rat's [censored] about them.
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

General Luigi wrote:
People who consciously keep doing something annoying even after you've asked them to stop. If it's something you're doing without realizing it, such as fidgeting with your pen, that's another story.


Heh, reminds me in cosmetician school classes, the girl sitting behind me hissed at me to stop playing with my hair - a habit, yes, one that I do without really realizing it. She actually slapped my shoulder like I was a little kid... of course, being too nice the way I am in public, I tried hard to not touch my hair the rest of the class. Although it's called a habit, so that's something kind of hard to break.

You know what really grinds my gears?
When something gets done to me and I don't retaliate in any way! Goddammit, in the situation above, I should've turned around and slapped her in the face! Would it have alienated me from class? Not really, they already thought I was a freak... just like every other class I ever was in...

Quote:
You know what really grinds my gears? People who make internet forum posts or talk in chatrooms just about how they don't know what something is.


Is that a reference to my asking about a manga in the manga topic? Cause I really can't look very well if I can't remember a single thing about the title... *off to look for manga with the word Sekai or World in it*

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: None specified

Location: I'm at soup.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Posts: 1579

You know what really grinds my gears? People who force their beliefs on others.
And no, not just Christians. Atheists too. Same goes for any other religion. I've seen people just keep going on and on arguing just trying to convince the other person to believe what they believe (or not believe). How is this in anyway productive? This is something that can easily be avoided. To quote a certain atheist: (5:37 - 6:20)
Quote:
For me personally, I don't get it. Like, I honestly can't understand why people believe in stuff like that. But for other people, it's like, it's just the mindset that they're in. To them , they probably find it very strange and can't understand that I don't believe in God. Does that all make sense? It's all about perspective. In my mind, I'm right. In their mind, they're right, and I'm wrong. It's really strange when you think about it like that. That's why I try and just respect everybody's opinions, because I might be wrong. Does that make sense? And they might be wrong. I just try and respect everybody's opinion when it comes to this kind of stuff.

At the end of the day, we are all still humans, regardless of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation. So just shut up get on with it.
And that's what really grinds my gears. Back to you, Tom Tucker.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
You know what really grinds my gears? People who make internet forum posts or talk in chatrooms just about how they don't know what something is.


Is that a reference to my asking about a manga in the manga topic? Cause I really can't look very well if I can't remember a single thing about the title... *off to look for manga with the word Sekai or World in it*

Nah. If it's even a reference to anyone in particular, then it's not anyone in this forum.

EDIT: I looked at your post in the manga thread, and that's not even what I was talking about at all xP More something like this:

Post 1: So today I found out [famous person] died :(
Post 2: Huh? Who was s/he?

google it you idiot
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

Bad Player wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
You know what really grinds my gears? People who make internet forum posts or talk in chatrooms just about how they don't know what something is.


Is that a reference to my asking about a manga in the manga topic? Cause I really can't look very well if I can't remember a single thing about the title... *off to look for manga with the word Sekai or World in it*

Nah. If it's even a reference to anyone in particular, then it's not anyone in this forum.

EDIT: I looked at your post in the manga thread, and that's not even what I was talking about at all xP More something like this:

Post 1: So today I found out [famous person] died :(
Post 2: Huh? Who was s/he?

google it you idiot


You know what grinds my gears? People who tell me to Google things. What the hell is Google and how do I use it? If you're telling me to Google something, you can have the common decency to tell me how.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

Now I wish someone would put a bloody lock on this topic. This topic is giving me all sorts of bad vibes.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Blak The Great wrote:
You know what grinds my gears? People who tell me to Google things. What the hell is Google and how do I use it? If you're telling me to Google something, you can have the common decency to tell me how.


Aww, here I thought you'd make a joke on how 'googling' themselves can mean something different. Or play dumb and call it Goggle~
Emi, it's a topic about stuff that annoys you, of course there'll be bad vibes. And while it isn't good to be aggrevated about things, it's good to write it down at times and just get it out of your system.

You know what really grinds my gears? Women who are helpless.
Technically, this can be about general people, no matter which gender, who are helpless. But I will focus on an event that took place about two weeks ago. See, my mother and I were on our way to the mall and passed this boy and girl and the girl was crying, with a gash on her head. Newspaper on monday revealed that the boy had beat up the girl in the U-Bahn station and, shortly after we passed them, beat her up some more at a bus station. Violence in a relationship is never good, so I'm not defending it. I'm also not saying it's her fault for getting beaten, it never is.

Anyhow, what grinds my gears about women like that is that... they are helpless.
They just take it for whatever reason - bad self-esteem, being really scared of the guy* and other reasons. But I am saying it's her fault for not taking help when offered. Really, my mother stopped and asked her if she needed help, but she just kept walking. I'm not saying go the opposite end of the spectrum and wait until the guy is asleep and stab him with a kitchen knife to 'finally help yourself' but you really need to do something! Don't be a freaking doormat everybody walks over cause that will only repeat the things.

* Another reason that shows how helpless they are. Even if they get to the police station, they don't speak up about the guy. They just sit there, scared to death (pretty much literally) and don't say anything because... they are scared. Although if you say something the guy will be locked away. According to law, even if there is obvious evidence of assault, you need to say that somebody hit you for that person to go to jail... that's a shit law. Still, say something! Grow some balls, woman!

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

You know what really grinds my gears?! People telling others to grow a pair of balls! How can they magically grow a pair? You're either born with them or not. Especially girls. How can girls grow balls when they're physically unable to? I've also heard this saying used on guys. How can guys grow another pair on top of the pair they've already got? So all you people who tell others to grow a pair of genitalia, think a little harder before you say dumb stuff okay?

-Blak
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

Blak The Great wrote:
You know what grinds my gears? People who tell me to Google things. What the hell is Google and how do I use it? If you're telling me to Google something, you can have the common decency to tell me how.

okay

Emiko Gale wrote:
Now I wish someone would put a bloody lock on this topic. This topic is giving me all sorts of bad vibes.

People are just ranting about random stuff that annoys them. There's no arguing or flaming... yet. And as long as there isn't, I don't see much reason to lock this thread.
(Don't worry, me and General Luigi are watching over you all <3)
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The Best Waifu

Gender: Male

Location: Lost Within

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Posts: 3398

Blak The Great wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears?! People telling others to grow a pair of balls! How can they magically grow a pair? You're either born with them or not. Especially girls. How can girls grow balls when they're physically unable to? I've also heard this saying used on guys. How can guys grow another pair on top of the pair they've already got? So all you people who tell others to grow a pair of genitalia, think a little harder before you say dumb stuff okay?

-Blak



Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Blak The Great wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears?! People telling others to grow a pair of balls! How can they magically grow a pair? You're either born with them or not. Especially girls. How can girls grow balls when they're physically unable to? I've also heard this saying used on guys. How can guys grow another pair on top of the pair they've already got? So all you people who tell others to grow a pair of genitalia, think a little harder before you say dumb stuff okay?

-Blak


...... Every heard of expressions? Proverbs? I was talking more about mental balls.
Balls. A spine. Some freaking do-things-yourself attitude.

You know what really grinds my gears? Those idiots on GameFAQ forums that seem incapable of going even somehow along the way my brain works. Those freaking morons don't even get it when I compare one character to another, trying to explain why I like this character and dislike the other ones. I like to think it's because, to get them to understand what I'm saying, I'd have to dumb myself down and I can't do that without ending up with a headache...

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

You know what really grinds my gears? People who speak in riddles. If I wanted to analyze your metaphors then I would become an English major.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

DoMaya wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears?! People telling others to grow a pair of balls! How can they magically grow a pair? You're either born with them or not. Especially girls. How can girls grow balls when they're physically unable to? I've also heard this saying used on guys. How can guys grow another pair on top of the pair they've already got? So all you people who tell others to grow a pair of genitalia, think a little harder before you say dumb stuff okay?

-Blak



Image

I can't tell if DoMaya is annoyed at the fact that Blak is trolling or at the fact that the one who's trolling isn't himself.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

I guess since were still talking about grinding gears...I must say it disgusts me that racism still exists in this day in age. It's not like any of us got to choose our race, I know I didn't choose to be Fillipino/Italian and get put down for having white skin.

Edit:
Bad Player wrote:
I can't tell if DoMaya is annoyed at the fact that Blak is trolling or at the fact that the one who's trolling isn't himself.


I think DoMaya is mad because Blak stole his thunder.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Emi, you didn't start with You know what really grinds my gears~ :redd:

Quote:
If I wanted to analyze your metaphors then I would become an English major.


You don't have to be an English Major to understand metaphors.
All it requires is a little logic and thinking. It's not that hard.

You know what really grinds my gears? The fact that super-PCness exists.
Now I wouldn't go up to a black person and call them a nigger to their face or refer to them as "boy" instead of their name (if I know it), nor would I call a chinese a chink or anything like that. But wherever I go, it seems like even a slightly un-PC word could end up with you being chastized into the next country! Especially how everybody is now "American" in some way.
Afro-American.
Asian American.
Why can't I just simply say that somebody is a black person or somebody is asian anymore? If I know a person who has an african and an american as a parent, fine, I guess you could be called an African-American. But if I don't know you and see your skin color is dark, I'll most likely think you're black. I don't think it's unPC to call someone black - I don't know the person in front of me the second I meet them. I don't know their life-story or their background, I don't know their parents, so what I see is what I see.

Partially also why I can't stand people who think that the term 'black' is an offensive term. If they think black is offensive, I wonder what they'll do if the hear the really bad terms - explode? And back to the american thing, not everybody is a freaking american these days. Yeah America was practically founded by immigrants (a reason why nobody in America technically has the right to complain about foreigners or telling someone to "go home") so we get all kinds of people mixed together. Still, doesn't make you american.
I suppose this is a plan for America's world domination.

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

CatMuto wrote:
Emi, you didn't start with You know what really grinds my gears~ :redd:

Blak The Great wrote:
If I wanted to analyze your metaphors then I would become an English major.


You don't have to be an English Major to understand metaphors.
All it requires is a little logic and thinking. It's not that hard.

C-A


You know what really grinds my gears? Logic. If I used logic in all my arguments then I'd win all of them, and that would be no fun at all. Logic is like a p--- hat. You like to show it off, but nobody's really interested in it. So you show it off more. Gradually, you add to its size and show it off some more. People are getting annoyed by your p--- hat, and now you've just been shunned from the world. But at least you've still got your p--- hat.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

*sigh* Now I can't tell if this place is a place for everyone to let out their anger or just a bloody game. :sad-maya:

I thank my lucky stars my gears didn't grind because of someone else though.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

You know what grinds my gears?

Kinky robosexuals.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

You know what really gr

People who can't finish a se
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

Emiko Gale wrote:
*sigh* Now I can't tell if this place is a place for everyone to let out their anger or just a bloody game. :sad-maya:

I thank my lucky stars my gears didn't grind because of someone else though.

I think it's turned into part-venting and part-playful banter :-P

Adrian in black wrote:
You know what grinds my gears?

Kinky robosexuals.

Approved.

VCM wrote:
You know what really grabs my attention?

People who can't finish a second hamburger.

Did I get it right?
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

Perfectly, BP. It's like you're inside my h
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gender: Male

Location: Nippon-Weeb-Land

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Posts: 2512

VCM wrote:
Perfectly, BP. It's like you're inside my hemorrhoid


You know what grinds my gears? Pain. And that sounds painful.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

1000% Knight

Gender: Male

Rank: Moderators

Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm

Posts: 6917

It's not painful at all. It's super-fun, we're all doing the harlem shake :grossburg:
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

The cape is self-fluttering

Gender: Female

Location: The Bostonius

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Posts: 2778

Bad Player wrote:
It's not painful at all. It's super-fun, we're all doing the harlem shake :grossburg:


Now I truly have the image of Grossbergerrhoids doing the Harlem shake.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

Image
...NAILED IT
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

Adrian in black wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
It's not painful at all. It's super-fun, we're all doing the harlem shake :grossburg:


Now I truly have the image of Grossbergerrhoids doing the Harlem shake.


Wigglewigglewigglewiggle, yeah!
It's sexy and you know it!

Urgh now I have that as an earworm...

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title
User avatar

Super High-School Level Galaxy Defender

Gender: Male

Location: Brazil

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:23 am

Posts: 782

You know what really grinds my gears? The Harlem Shake meme.

Though with Grossberg's hemorroids appearing it turns into some sort of crude and disgusting, yet really funny type of comedy
Image
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?βTopic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

VCM wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? The Harlem Shake meme.

Though with Grossberg's hemorroids appearing it turns into some sort of crude and disgusting, yet really funny type of comedy


You gave me a mental image!
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Posts: 9767

You know what really grinds my gears? Thinking that a "bad childhood" excuses everything.
Somebody ends up shooting people, but we find out that they are not that bad, just that their home was not balanced. Mommy and daddy were always fighting, daddy was working too much, the kid was always alone and that's why he ended up shooting people. It's not his fault! It's just that his childhood was so bad!
Or somebody beats up their girlfriend* and although we blatantly know that he won't get better, we still can't be that tough on the guy, after all, he is only just barely an adult (18 years old - in my book, and other law books, that makes you an adult!) and he never really learned to not use his fists. We can't just throw him into jail, even if he beat people up at least three times by now and we know fully well that he's an extremely violent person.
Actually, doesn't matter to me if you put this as an excuse in Real Life or Videogames, Manga, Stories, etc. It's a stupid reason to pardon anything. Trying to make a bad guy sympathetic to us feels like a poor excuse to give them a personality aside from just being 'bad'.

I'm not saying that bad things in childhood can't explain things you do later on, they do. But it's not a very good reason to use if you want to excuse anything. I have my fair share of things that make me act terrible, but I don't excuse it by saying, "Oh when I was younger this happened" or "I experienced that and it defined my life". Main problem seems to be that they use practically anything as an excuse these days. Example, Wind Waker trying to make Ganon(dorf) sympathetic by saying that he's not bad at all, he's just a poor guy who got sealed away for years and all he wanted was a nice, calm, comforting wind in his homeland. What I want to see, is somebody parodying this.
"As a child, mommy and daddy always fought at dinner on fridays, which was Taco Night for us. Every since then, I have hated tacos... which is why I want to enslave humanity!"

* I am fully aware that it's not just men beating women. I know there's a considerable amount of women who beat up men, probably even more than we know of as men generally don't press charges.

Another thing that bothers me is the ß typo in the title, but that's cause I'm OCD

C-A
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title
User avatar

Infinite Ammo? Try INFINITE GUNS!

Gender: Male

Location: A land of ignorance and fear.

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Posts: 14032

CatMuto wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Thinking that a "bad childhood" excuses everything.
Somebody ends up shooting people, but we find out that they are not that bad, just that their home was not balanced. Mommy and daddy were always fighting, daddy was working too much, the kid was always alone and that's why he ended up shooting people. It's not his fault! It's just that his childhood was so bad!
Or somebody beats up their girlfriend* and although we blatantly know that he won't get better, we still can't be that tough on the guy, after all, he is only just barely an adult (18 years old - in my book, and other law books, that makes you an adult!) and he never really learned to not use his fists. We can't just throw him into jail, even if he beat people up at least three times by now and we know fully well that he's an extremely violent person.
Actually, doesn't matter to me if you put this as an excuse in Real Life or Videogames, Manga, Stories, etc. It's a stupid reason to pardon anything. Trying to make a bad guy sympathetic to us feels like a poor excuse to give them a personality aside from just being 'bad'.

I'm not saying that bad things in childhood can't explain things you do later on, they do. But it's not a very good reason to use if you want to excuse anything. I have my fair share of things that make me act terrible, but I don't excuse it by saying, "Oh when I was younger this happened" or "I experienced that and it defined my life". Main problem seems to be that they use practically anything as an excuse these days. Example, Wind Waker trying to make Ganon(dorf) sympathetic by saying that he's not bad at all, he's just a poor guy who got sealed away for years and all he wanted was a nice, calm, comforting wind in his homeland. What I want to see, is somebody parodying this.
"As a child, mommy and daddy always fought at dinner on fridays, which was Taco Night for us. Every since then, I have hated tacos... which is why I want to enslave humanity!"

* I am fully aware that it's not just men beating women. I know there's a considerable amount of women who beat up men, probably even more than we know of as men generally don't press charges.

Another thing that bothers me is the ß typo in the title, but that's cause I'm OCD

C-A


Summarised: It grinds my gears that people think it's not fair for me to use prejudice to mistreat people I perceive as bad.


Remember the Golden Rule: Always treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself.
If someone's come out of jail after serving some hard time don't spit at them on the street, they've probably had a hard enough time on the inside.

It's ok to keep an eye on someone objectively on the weight of prior offenses but it's important that you don't go nuts and treat them like scum, that's not doing to help the situation at all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?Topic%20Title

Ace Sidekick!

Gender: Female

Location: Kurain Village

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am

Posts: 2426

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
You know what really grinds my gears? Thinking that a "bad childhood" excuses everything.
Somebody ends up shooting people, but we find out that they are not that bad, just that their home was not balanced. Mommy and daddy were always fighting, daddy was working too much, the kid was always alone and that's why he ended up shooting people. It's not his fault! It's just that his childhood was so bad!
Or somebody beats up their girlfriend* and although we blatantly know that he won't get better, we still can't be that tough on the guy, after all, he is only just barely an adult (18 years old - in my book, and other law books, that makes you an adult!) and he never really learned to not use his fists. We can't just throw him into jail, even if he beat people up at least three times by now and we know fully well that he's an extremely violent person.
Actually, doesn't matter to me if you put this as an excuse in Real Life or Videogames, Manga, Stories, etc. It's a stupid reason to pardon anything. Trying to make a bad guy sympathetic to us feels like a poor excuse to give them a personality aside from just being 'bad'.

I'm not saying that bad things in childhood can't explain things you do later on, they do. But it's not a very good reason to use if you want to excuse anything. I have my fair share of things that make me act terrible, but I don't excuse it by saying, "Oh when I was younger this happened" or "I experienced that and it defined my life". Main problem seems to be that they use practically anything as an excuse these days. Example, Wind Waker trying to make Ganon(dorf) sympathetic by saying that he's not bad at all, he's just a poor guy who got sealed away for years and all he wanted was a nice, calm, comforting wind in his homeland. What I want to see, is somebody parodying this.
"As a child, mommy and daddy always fought at dinner on fridays, which was Taco Night for us. Every since then, I have hated tacos... which is why I want to enslave humanity!"

* I am fully aware that it's not just men beating women. I know there's a considerable amount of women who beat up men, probably even more than we know of as men generally don't press charges.

Another thing that bothers me is the ß typo in the title, but that's cause I'm OCD

C-A


Summarised: It grinds my gears that people think it's not fair for me to use prejudice to mistreat people I perceive as bad.


Remember the Golden Rule: Always treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself.
If someone's come out of jail after serving some hard time don't spit at them on the street, they've probably had a hard enough time on the inside.

It's ok to keep an eye on someone objectively on the weight of prior offenses but it's important that you don't go nuts and treat them like scum, that's not doing to help the situation at all.


Pierre, if you weren't taken I would kiss you. :nixiesob:

Thank you so much for saying that!
Page 1 of 39 [ 1532 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 39  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Wright & Co. Law Offices

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO