Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 41 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

AA5 - Additional DLC planned, web demo on the way?Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

As always, Japanese blogger hoso_boso has been on top of all the latest developments on AA5, and he's brought two useful tidbits through his Twitter.

First, Inside-Games interviewed producer Motohide Eshiro, who had this to say on additional DLC past the downloadable costumes:

Original wrote:
おいおい情報を出していきますが、色々と面白いことをやろうと考えています。ユーザーの皆さんが想像されるベーシックなものから、シリーズらしいものまで期待してください。

Translation wrote:
We'll be sending out more information in the coming months, but we have a lot of interesting ideas, from the basic things players might imagine to stuff that's much more "Ace Attorney" in nature.

Second, hoso_boso spotted that the mobile AA5 site includes a link advertising "early access to the web demo for AA5" before May 15th. Unfortunately, it simply leads to a 404 at the moment, suggesting this news wasn't quite supposed to come out yet.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: AA5 - Additional DLC planned, web demo on the way?Topic%20Title

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

It's good to hear they have a lot of different ideas for the DLC! I look forward to hearing more about it.

Fate Testarossa

DLC? Could it be DLC cases? I wouldn't mind that.

Fate is made by クロス

Derper

Maybe this is where torture trials kick in?
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Programmer

I am curious on how they are going to handle the playable demo. They've been using Flash for the previous ones. Quite poorly I might add. Using actionscript 2 is lame. But not even bothering with a proper text display system is just flat out lazy. And man, how do you screw up so badly that you use jpeg compression on pixelart?

But at least they know how to edit the writing to streamline the demo. The Apollo Justice and Ghost Trick demos had some excellent demo specific writing. Ghost Trick deserves special mention for how well it was streamlined while at the same time adding a few touches of humor. Truly the best written demo I've ever seen.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Master of sharp things!

As long as the DLC isn't simply "extra" cases already on the cartridge that we need to purchase the unlock for. Unfortunately, being Capcom and the way most DLC seems to work these days, this will most likely be the case. Doesn't mean I won't buy it, but I will be severely dissappointed if that ends up being true.

Gettin' Old!

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
As long as the DLC isn't simply "extra" cases already on the cartridge that we need to purchase the unlock for. Unfortunately, being Capcom and the way most DLC seems to work these days, this will most likely be the case. Doesn't mean I won't buy it, but I will be severely dissappointed if that ends up being true.

Eh if we get 4-5 cases as standard then there are still other cases on-cartridge that need unlocked I wouldn't mind so much so long as they don't hide vital plot info. I'd still feel I'd got a complete AA game.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:

I really don't see the point in putting DLC onto a Visual Novel game like this...
You know, as long as the DLC aren't plot-relevant Cases, I don't care. If there's a DLC Case about Kokone's attempt to cooking, somehow ending up with a fire and her getting put on trial for murder (It happens) that's fine. But if it's a DLC Case that explains things that are really, really important to the plot - heck, like the last Case of the game is actually a DLC one - then that would be... really, really bad. :uramidn:

C-A

Fate Testarossa

I wouldn't mind if there was plot related DLC, so long as it does not hamper our knowledge in the game.

Fate is made by クロス

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I think that DLC would be a really good place to add non-plot-relevant "case-of-the-week" cases. Having them be somewhat serious but not vital to the plot (a lot like, say, a middle-of-the-season Law & Order episode) would make it so they would be fun, hard, canon, and still not affect the ending of GS5 or anything to do with GS6. We've been told that our lawyers handled cases in between games, this would just be us seeing that.

What I WOULDN'T want is plot-related DLC (as some have pointed out). AA has always been very story-centric and making an important plot point DLC is basically selling an incomplete game.

I also wouldn't want the kind of DLC cases we've been seeing from PLvsAA: The self-referencial, fourth-wall-breaking comedic situations. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that, and one or two of these would be fine, but if we're talking "DLC cases" there's a lot more potential to be great with what I've talked about above.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

kwando wrote:
I wouldn't mind if there was plot related DLC, so long as it does not hamper our knowledge in the game.

Exactly what I mean.
I mean, if they were to bring out GS5 and do things, but the end of the last case is so stupid and leaving us confused as it answers nothing and then they later reveal, "Case 5 of the game is released on e-Shop! Find out what truly happens with Jin! Only $9.99 for this case! The final revelation, coming November 2013!" would be incredibly stupid. It's like they released an unfinished game due to lack of money or time-issues, then focused on the last case and give that out as a DLC.

Although I have to say, I'm not a very big fan of DLC stuff that gets released after a game itself is brought out. Even costumes, makes me feel like they brought the game out way too rushed. I'd prefer to have to wait longer for a game, but end up having all the necessary DLC stuff in it, rather than get an unfinished product and stuff that I'd have to pay more and more money for thrown at me later. Better to shell out $60 for a game with all the stuff, rather than $50 for the game, then about $5 or $10 for every DLC that comes afterwards, which - in the long run - costs you more.

Unless the DLC cases are somewhat like the Sazh and Snow DLC Episodes from Final Fantasy XIII-2 and focus on characters that are not prominent in the game. Maybe one of the DLC Cases focuses on Trucy and why she doesn't seem to appear in the GS5 story.

C-A

Just a fellow PW fan!

I imagine (hope) DLC cases would be more like Case 1-5, with brand new characters unrelated to the main case.

I would not mind seeing Apollo vs. Franziska Von Karma in a DLC case either :)

Kav wrote:
I imagine (hope) DLC cases would be more like Case 1-5, with brand new characters unrelated to the main case.

Then the same thing will happen as with Case 1-5.
People will discuss whether it counts as canon or not. I don't care if there's Ema in AJ or her one-time appearance in AAI, I can still say that Case 1-5 is not canon.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Although I have to say, I'm not a very big fan of DLC stuff that gets released after a game itself is brought out. Even costumes, makes me feel like they brought the game out way too rushed. I'd prefer to have to wait longer for a game, but end up having all the necessary DLC stuff in it, rather than get an unfinished product and stuff that I'd have to pay more and more money for thrown at me later. Better to shell out $60 for a game with all the stuff, rather than $50 for the game, then about $5 or $10 for every DLC that comes afterwards, which - in the long run - costs you more.

I agree with you, I'm not a fan of the "DLC" concept, just like I wasn't a fan of the "Expansion Pack" Concept in the 90's. (although that wasn't as bad). As someone who mainly plays games for story value, DLC makes it very complicated when it comes to the plot. While I often feel like I'm getting an "unfinished" game when DLC comes out (I bought FFXIII-2 a while ago and realized that the actual ending/lead-up to Lightning Returns is through DLC which is extremely annoying.) But ironically I think AA DLC has me interested and maybe the one situation where I could like it.

CatMuto wrote:
Kav wrote:

People will discuss whether it counts as canon or not. I don't care if there's Ema in AJ or her one-time appearance in AAI, I can still say that Case 1-5 is not canon.

C-A

Well this is the good thing about possible AA DLC. I've had many discussions with members in the past (with you as well if I'm not mistaken) about how important I feel "filler" cases like 1-5 are in making a law game have the same "a new day, a new case" kind of vibe a lot of legal dramas on TV have. But many find these cases boring or don't enjoy having to Segway out of the main story and into a "case of the week case". I think DLC would be perfect for cases like these. Once again bringing up Case 1-5, I like it a lot, so if 1-5 had been DLC for GS1 I could download it and enjoy it. You're not a big fan of Case 1-5, so you could skip over it and go to GS2 without any issues at all. So having a case 1-5 style case for DLC would be great and would accomplish exactly what 1-5 did. And it's "optional"; it contributes nothing to the actual plot.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
Well this is the good thing about possible AA DLC. I've had many discussions with members in the past (with you as well if I'm not mistaken) about how important I feel "filler" cases like 1-5 are in making a law game have the same "a new day, a new case" kind of vibe a lot of legal dramas on TV have. But many find these cases boring or don't enjoy having to Segway out of the main story and into a "case of the week case". I think DLC would be perfect for cases like these. Once again bringing up Case 1-5, I like it a lot, so if 1-5 had been DLC for GS1 I could download it and enjoy it. You're not a big fan of Case 1-5, so you could skip over it and go to GS2 without any issues at all. So having a case 1-5 style case for DLC would be great and would accomplish exactly what 1-5 did. And it's "optional"; it contributes nothing to the actual plot.

That's not really what I meant... I meant that any DLC-Case-Only characters added in that are not appearing in the storyline Cases will result in the debate of Case 1-5. Does it really happen cannonically? Edgeworth doesn't act the way he did in the last few cases, it contradicts the idea that he left right after 1-4. Gant is like von Karma, just that instead of a Corrupt Prosecutor, we have a Corrupt Policeman (Chief of Police, who cares) and all that. Sure, Ema appears in AJ and appears once in AAI, Meekins appears in those, too, but still, does it count as Canon? I say no, not to me, I don't care if they added in Ema and made her the Detective in AJ.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

That's not really what I meant... I meant that any DLC-Case-Only characters added in that are not appearing in the storyline Cases will result in the debate of Case 1-5. Does it really happen cannonically? Edgeworth doesn't act the way he did in the last few cases, it contradicts the idea that he left right after 1-4. Gant is like von Karma, just that instead of a Corrupt Prosecutor, we have a Corrupt Policeman (Chief of Police, who cares) and all that. Sure, Ema appears in AJ and appears once in AAI, Meekins appears in those, too, but still, does it count as Canon? I say no, not to me, I don't care if they added in Ema and made her the Detective in AJ.

C-A

I wasn't thinking you were arguing or anything, just using your post as a jumping off point :edgy: . There are certainly some inconsistencies with 1-5's relation to the plot (the only one that really bugs me is the Edgeworth one.) but it's not a big enough deal for me to discredit it as non-canon, although I can understand why people would. I didn't know there was any real discussion/debate about 1-5's canon status, but if there was I think it was more to do with the inconsistencies than the lack of character's reappearances in major plot cases. I think most people belong to the "It's Canon unless there's an error or it's contradicted by a better source later", so I think as long as the DLC cases don't feature any major characterization errors, they'll be considered canon by anyone who's interested in them. And since they have nothing to do with the rest of the cases, if someone doesn't seem them as canon then no problem.

But they should always try to be "canon" at all times anyways - a DLC case that's a "what if Phoenix never got disbarred" or something doesn't interest me. If it can't fit into the chronology of the series I'd prefer to be playing something that does.

Case dlcs would be great as long as:
They have nothing to do with the main story arc
The price is not ridiculous
They are not released at launch
They don't make less cases in the main game

What would be cool is if their is a second GS5 story arc (not to do with any other arcs or the main arc so people don't have to get them if they don't wish) who h cases get released over a long period of time so when we have completed the main game there is still more to look foward too ( the cases could be a bit like a tyranny of George Washington goth dlc in AC3.) but I wouldn't mind good separate cases eswell. Maybe with some returning characters like maya or gumshoe or something in those cases I don't mind id they are not there usual roles (detective, Assistant) but it would be cool to see them.

Programmer

They could just have all the cases as DLC and let people pay as they play. The cart would just be a bundle.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Fate Testarossa

I actually wouldn't mind a "What If" scenario.

Fate is made by クロス

Blah!

henke37 wrote:
They could just have all the cases as DLC and let people pay as they play. The cart would just be a bundle.

Hah. I don't think the methodology they use for smartphones would work on the 3DS, just because that's not how people expect it to work. Also, I doubt they'd be able to price it similarly to how they price it on a smartphone, since developing and publishing with Nintendo is (probably) not as cheap as it is to develop and publish on iOS and Android. So there isn't really a point to make it work that way, especially to the consumer.

Also, one advantage of making the original trilogy on iOS paid per trial (or in a bundle, maybe?) was that fans who bought the game in the past could skip cases they hated like 2-3. That won't happen with a new game.

I really like the idea of DLC cases. They could sort of be like 1-5, although I think it would be even better if they focused on different characters altogether. With only 4/5 cases in the main game, it's obvious that there are going to be people let down about which characters appeared, which were playable, which prosecutors return ect. This way is the perfect solution. Unhappy about Apollo being only a secondary protagonist rather than the main character? More Apollo cases. Want to see more of Mia Fey? Another case right there. Want to play as Diego Armando as a defense attourney? again all possible.

This would allow for little side stories that wouldn't fit into the main storyline at all, but fans would be happy to see. Also they would be optional viewing for anybody that just wants to know the main plot, but be awesome for the more dedicated fans that just want more content.

Prigovor!

Bolt Storm wrote:
Second, hoso_boso spotted that the mobile AA5 site includes a link advertising "early access to the web demo for AA5" before May 15th. Unfortunately, it simply leads to a 404 at the moment, suggesting this news wasn't quite supposed to come out yet.
Riiight, because NO ONE ever had even REMOTELY similar information leaked (ESPECIALLY not Capcom), so we can only guess it's PURELY, COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY ACCIDENTAL.
I'm on to ya, Capcom. Throwing hype punches under the belt again. Busteeed.

Just a fellow PW fan!

CatMuto wrote:
Kav wrote:

C-A

Of course 1-5 is canon. The only way I could imagine it not being canon is if Phoenix Wright dreamed the entire case or something. Why exactly do you not see it as canon?

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

CatMuto wrote:
Kav wrote:

C-A

So, i'm pretty sure 1-5 is canon, if not, then you are saying the entirety of AA4 isn't canon either. The fact that Phoenix still has the finger print powder and Ema recognising it in 4-2 proves this. So chill, you know? : :phoenix:

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

All Phoenix says in JFA is that Edgeworth left after 1-4. The game seems to imply that he left after 1-4, but it's never explicitly stated, and thus, no contradiction (although retconning is required).

It would make even less sense if 1-5 wasn't canon. Edgeworth wouldn't recognize Ema in I-3, and Ema wouldn't recognize the fingerprint powder Phoenix gave Apollo in 4-2 (not to mention that she wouldn't care one bit about Apollo working for Phoenix if she didn't respect Phoenix in the first place).

And, yeah, the police chief is corrupt. I think just about every office involved in getting criminals arrested/convicted has been corrupt at some point. Manfred, Gant, Lana etc.

<Edit: Removed AAI2 spoiler and instated a week's suspension - Gerk>
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Kav wrote:
Of course 1-5 is canon. The only way I could imagine it not being canon is if Phoenix Wright dreamed the entire case or something. Why exactly do you not see it as canon?

Because Edgeworth is acting like end-JFA/post-JFA Edgeworth, focusing on finding the truth instead of how he was portrayed in all of AA where his goal was simply winning a case. So if I played AA Case 1 until Case 5 in one go, then play JFA and see Edgeworth acting just like he did in 1-5, although everybody says it's a huge difference that he wants truth more than winning, I'll be confused as hell. By playing 1-5, I already learned of that idea of his at the end of that case. It just feels awkward to play a Case where I hear that he apparently changed a lot, when he actually didn't change because of that extra case. As for the inconcistency of leaving post-Case 1-4 or post-Case 1-5, I don't really care about that. He's still gone for that one year.

And, to be honest, I didn't enjoy AJ very much and I don't like the game itself a lot, either. Hobohodo was cool, I like his mellow nature now and his open sarcasm - I'm sure they'll put that back into an internal kind for GS5 while playing him, which I mourn - but otherwise the entire game felt rushed, which it was, and boring. And I never really cared for the characters of 1-5, either, so I didn't jump up and down in joy to see Ema (I always wanna write Akane) return or that Meekins is still in the police force, somewhat.

Call it a selective memory, AJ may be canon, but I simply repress any matter regarding Ema. Meekins wasn't important, not even in 4-4 (how Zak disappeared was pretty easy to figure out, man, I didn't need to interrogate him or present anything to him) so it's even easier to forget he ever existed. As for AAI - Ema is a 5-minute cameo, forgetful. And that case was terrible, I was faster than Edgeworth when it came to the bullet shot. Meekins in that case... again, that case was terrible. Not as bad as 1-3 to me, but still pretty bad.

C-A

Last edited by CatMuto on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

For the love of god Catmuto don't quote the spoiler.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What is my liiiife?!?

Just a reminder that we're still up on AAI2 spoilers and will be until it gets released in English one way or another. And I'm a lot milder about it than a lot of the other staffers so be warned.

And yeah, as Pierre said, please don't quote it. Just report it. Not going to suspend you for it though, so long as it's not done again. There's a pretty big difference between spoiling something and commenting on someone spoiling something.

CatMuto wrote:
Kav wrote:

Because Edgeworth is acting like end-JFA/post-JFA Edgeworth, focusing on finding the truth instead of how he was portrayed in all of AA where his goal was simply winning a case. So if I played AA Case 1 until Case 5 in one go, then play JFA and see Edgeworth acting just like he did in 1-5, although everybody says it's a huge difference that he wants truth more than winning, I'll be confused as hell. By playing 1-5, I already learned of that idea of his at the end of that case. It just feels awkward to play a Case where I hear that he apparently changed a lot, when he actually didn't change because of that extra case. As for the inconcistency of leaving post-Case 1-4 or post-Case 1-5, I don't really care about that. He's still gone for that one year.

C-A

I don't have a problem with Edgeworth's sudden character change (as that was implied at the end of 1-4). In fact, my problem with Edgeworth's characterization isn't related to Edgeworth at all, but rather Phoenix. The only real issue I see is Phoenix's whole "EDGEWORTH IS DEAD TO ME ALL PROSECUTORS ARE EVIL" thing in JFA. Although that might be a JFA problem more than a 1-5 one as like I said 1-4 implied Edgeworth had reformed as well. I think the writers of 1-5 should have compensated more for the sudden change in Phoenix's attitude towards Edgeworth, although I guess they couldn't make them have a falling out because of the fact that 1-5 was the last/end case of the game. They did try to cover it a little bit by implying Edgeworth was debating his profession.

The way I've always looked at it is that Phoenix thought Edgeworth ran away from the truth and his job and Phoenix lost one of his only allies in the legal system.

Regarding the DLC Discussion:
About DLC cases, I'm not sure I would want them to be flashbacks or have non GS5 playable characters in them, and I'm not sure I'd want an interconnected story with them. I know those are great ideas, but I think due to the nature of DLC and the fact that many fans won't play these cases, I feel like these should definitely be in the realm of "Our GS5 characters have saved the day and now they're just taking on random murder cases that have nothing to do with them." That kind of thing. But that's my opinion on it.

Silliness over personal canon aside, I doubt any hypothetical DLC cases would jive all that much with the game proper, if they play them seriously.

The reason behind the continuity gaffes and wonky character development in 1-5 was that it was written years after the fact and retconned in. These hypothetical DLC cases, on the other hand, would have to be planned alongside the main game, and unless the devs get really sloppy, their presence shouldn't trip anything up.

Anyway, I doubt any DLC cases would contain any far-reaching twists or revelations. The biggest I'd expect is fan service side stories showing what Edgeworth or the Feys have been up to, but more likely they're just gonna be short deals with maybe one or two new characters and environments a piece. I don't imagine Capcom's gonna pour her heart and soul into bonus features a lot of players won't even download.

Woolbeast Material wrote:
Silliness over personal canon aside, I doubt any hypothetical DLC cases would jive all that much with the game proper, if they play them seriously.

The reason behind the continuity gaffes and wonky character development in 1-5 was that it was written years after the fact and retconned in. These hypothetical DLC cases, on the other hand, would have to be planned alongside the main game, and unless the devs get really sloppy, their presence shouldn't trip anything up.

Anyway, I doubt any DLC cases would contain any far-reaching twists or revelations. The biggest I'd expect is fan service side stories showing what Edgeworth or the Feys have been up to, but more likely they're just gonna be short deals with maybe one or two new characters and environments a piece. I don't imagine Capcom's gonna pour her heart and soul into bonus features a lot of players won't even download.

You're probably right, which is disappointing because there's a lot of potential here. I'm not getting my hopes up because it's probably going to be something like "Defend Maya from getting convicted by going head to head with Diego Armando AND Edgeworth for one cross-examination!" Or something like that.

The reason behind the continuity gaffes and wonky character development in 1-5 was that it was written years after the fact and retconned in.

I guess that's my main problem with it, it recons things in the later (earlier... whatever) games. Have a little extra is nice and all, but don't make it contradict stuff established as fact in the source material. *coughzeldamangascough*
I don't mind the references, though, those are always fun to see.

Quote:
You're probably right, which is disappointing because there's a lot of potential here. I'm not getting my hopes up because it's probably going to be something like "Defend Maya from getting convicted by going head to head with Diego Armando AND Edgeworth for one cross-examination!" Or something like that.

I dunno, don't you think they've milked the "Defend Maya from getting convicted for murder again" cow already? And if we were to deal against Diego Armando, it would have take place 13 years prior to GS5 and that would mean not playing as Phoenix at all, seeing as he wasn't a lawyer at the time. Unless you mean that we play as Diego himself, which... brings tons of questions.
If we were to defend Maya, how did that 13 year old get herself arrested?
And playing as Diego would be kind of lackluster. What do we know about Diego? Practically nothing, he was there for 1 Case and everything else we know about him is post-changes. And putting all his character development into a DLC case (or cases) would be kind of a weird move.
Don't get me wrong. It was kind of nice to play as Mia in Case 3-1 and 3-4, but overall it wasn't very interesting, either. Similar to Diego, we had no real knowledge of what kind of a personality she had, after all, she was there in 1-1 and then... I dunno, do I have to put up a spoiler for that? Anyhow, the two cases where I play as her didn't give much insight into her personality, either. Just explained more Fey Feuds and stuff like that.

C-A

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Agreed.

Actually, even bringing in the Fey clan for an unrelated plot wouldn't make sense. Even as DLC cases, there has to be some sort of connection between the main game and their contents. If Maya and Pearl aren't taking big roles in-game, they have no chance to appear in DLC besides as extras. And pulling Edgeworth out for one would be a waste of his character potential. At least he can be tied into the plot somehow, if given a decent reason. I'm perfectly fine with them being left out altogether as long as the new characters aren't "rip-offs" of others we know.

On the other hand, subtle references are always welcome.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Quote:

I dunno, don't you think they've milked the "Defend Maya from getting convicted for murder again" cow already? And if we were to deal against Diego Armando, it would have take place 13 years prior to GS5 and that would mean not playing as Phoenix at all, seeing as he wasn't a lawyer at the time. Unless you mean that we play as Diego himself, which... brings tons of questions.
If we were to defend Maya, how did that 13 year old get herself arrested?
And playing as Diego would be kind of lackluster. What do we know about Diego? Practically nothing, he was there for 1 Case and everything else we know about him is post-changes. And putting all his character development into a DLC case (or cases) would be kind of a weird move.
Don't get me wrong. It was kind of nice to play as Mia in Case 3-1 and 3-4, but overall it wasn't very interesting, either. Similar to Diego, we had no real knowledge of what kind of a personality she had, after all, she was there in 1-1 and then... I dunno, do I have to put up a spoiler for that? Anyhow, the two cases where I play as her didn't give much insight into her personality, either. Just explained more Fey Feuds and stuff like that.

C-A

I meant a case like that would be a bad thing. As in I'm not getting my hopes up about the DLC because I'm sure they will be fan-service/"Play as your favorite random character" thing rather than a good case.

I said that it's disappointing that they will probably do something like that, because of all the potential for DLC greatness.

Will the web demo be for computer and mobile? :zaviaar:

Programmer

The easiest option is to just release the demo in the eshop using the same engine as the real thing. Possibly even using DLC to get the rest of the story by an in app purchase.

But if they follow their previous pattern then they will also make a Flash demo that should run on all pcs.

henke37 wrote:
The easiest option is to just release the demo in the eshop using the same engine as the real thing. Possibly even using DLC to get the rest of the story by an in app purchase.

But if they follow their previous pattern then they will also make a Flash demo that should run on all pcs.

Is a flash demo really possible in this case, though? I mean, it is, but with the addition of the 3d models it would mean a lot of work getting them to work or creating sprites out of them. I'd love a flash demo (So that those of us not in Japan could try out the demo) but I wonder how it would work exactly.

Programmer

It is certainly possible to do 3D graphics in Flash. You even get hardware acceleration if you use the no longer new Stage3D subsystem. They can just export the models as models and let your expensive graphics card do the rendering. They could possibly even use a cross compiler to use the actual game engine in Flash.

But they know that they could just make a plain old downloadable PE file with the game demo. I am confident that they have an existing pc port of the engine. It is a pain to do embedded development without a pc port.

Art Person

It's good to know that if there is a demo of the game available, it won't just be for those with a Japanese 3DS, so everyone else can enjoy.

henke37 wrote:
It is certainly possible to do 3D graphics in Flash. You even get hardware acceleration if you use the no longer new Stage3D subsystem. They can just export the models as models and let your expensive graphics card do the rendering. They could possibly even use a cross compiler to use the actual game engine in Flash.

But they know that they could just make a plain old downloadable PE file with the game demo. I am confident that they have an existing pc port of the engine. It is a pain to do embedded development without a pc port.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks! Now I'm excited!
Page 1 of 2 [ 41 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes