Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps

Page 8 of 8[ 315 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Re: Things you do NOT want to see in GS5Topic%20Title

Emiko Gale wrote:
A few weeks ago I read an interesting fanfic where Phoenix finds hidden diary entrys of Iris and finds out that even though she was infactuated with him, she was also in love with Dahlia. (I remember a debate going on at the Phoenix/Maya club kind of made me wonder if Iris ever so slightly loved Dahlia more than Phoenix, in a romantic sense.)

In the end she kills herself to make her sister truely happy again.

And I'm probably the only one who thinks that could've fitted in with the canon (whether romantic or not) because that could probably be the reason Phoenix didn't mention Iris during GK4.

You must mean GS4. XD
Eh, that sort of makes sense... I guess. I would say Iris does tell Phoenix that Dahlia never did anything wrong and all, but then... well, that wasn't Iris who really said it.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

D'oh! *facepalm*
But besides my screw up...I think Iris being dead prior to AJ may now be my head cannon. I know it might just be wishful thinking on my part, but at the same time it might not be. (Sorry Feeniris fans.)

The fanfic fitting in with the canon and the characters were fairly in character...But I find it weird that Phoenix could actually drive in this fanfic and had a nice royal blue car. ^^;

Emiko Gale wrote:
A few weeks ago I read an interesting fanfic where Phoenix finds hidden diary entrys of Iris and finds out that even though she was infactuated with him, she was also in love with Dahlia. (I remember a debate going on at the Phoenix/Maya club kind of made me wonder if Iris ever so slightly loved Dahlia more than Phoenix, in a romantic sense.)

In the end she kills herself to make her sister truely happy again.

And I'm probably the only one who thinks that could've fitted in with the canon (whether romantic or not) because that could probably be the reason Phoenix didn't mention Iris during GK4.

I can't believe that nobody pointed out yet that this would be pretty morbid, even for Ace Attorney's standards.
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

beterbomen wrote:
I can't believe that nobody pointed out yet that this would be pretty morbid, even for Ace Attorney's standards.

Morbidity would make the games more serious - actually, GS5 has to do with the freaking courthouse being bombed. How is that not morbid? And I still stand by it, had Dahlia attempted to kill the host body in 3-5 at the end, it would've made her (and the Case, despite its many, many, many, MANY problems) way more awesome.

Something/Someone else I don't want to see in GS5 is Larry.
Nothing personal against him, but do we really have to learn that - at the age of 34-36 - he is still the same whiny little punk who learned to hate himself and constantly fails at romantic relationships?
No thanks. I was already annoyed when he was the Samurai in AAI.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

And yet...Celeste commits suicide because of her broken heart. And when I first saw Elise pierced with the twelve blade sword that the statue of Ami Few was holding...I thought the Ami Fey statue came alive and killed her. And the case where Phoenix loses his badge made my heart stop with everything that happened during the crime scene.

What would be even more morbid is child murder.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I'd say that as much as I'd like AA to sometimes be a little more serious, one thing that's nice about it is the murders/crimes are fairly tame by other police procedural standards, which is good because you're never going to get disturbed by an AA case. (At least not after you stop playing for the day). I love Law & Order, but there are a couple that kind disturbed me and still give me a stomachache just thinking about the crime, even though it was fictional, just because of how graphic and cruel it was. So I don't really want Ace Attorney to get more morbid in terms of how dark the cases are. And I'd say the courtroom bombing probably won't be that morbid anyway since I bet you no one gets hurt in it.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Emiko Gale wrote:
And when I first saw Elise pierced with the twelve blade sword that the statue of Ami Few was holding...I thought the Ami Fey statue came alive and killed her..

....seven-bladed.
You need to brush up on your AA details! :gant:

Even if nobody got hurt during the bombing, I do hope that GS5 will be.... well, not darker but at least more mature. I mean, I can sort of understand having the previous AA games being a bit lighter, I mean, we don't want to shove a rookie lawyer right into a serial murder case or anything like that.
But Phoenix is now in his mid thirties, he changed, I expect him to be a bit more able to handle all this stuff.
I mean, okay, we don't necessarily need a cannibalism case or a rape-murder case, but just something to show how far we've come would be nice.

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

CatMuto wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:
And when I first saw Elise pierced with the twelve blade sword that the statue of Ami Few was holding...I thought the Ami Fey statue came alive and killed her..

....seven-bladed.
You need to brush up on your AA details! :gant:

*faceplam* Yes I do! :hair-bounce: My memory has been sucking lately. :shy: :Pizza2:

But yeah, I agree with CatMuto about how it would be nice if GS5 would be slightly darker. It doesn't have to be too dark, since Ace Attorney is probably a considered a childsafe game in Japan and Japan has different standards on childsafe. Just something new to the table while keeping the usually Ace Attorney playfulness...I guess that's how I would put it. :lana:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

CatMuto wrote:
I mean, I can sort of understand having the previous AA games being a bit lighter, I mean, we don't want to shove a rookie lawyer right into a serial murder case or anything like that.

That just reminded me of how Edgeworth at around the age of 22 was thrown in as the replacement prosecutor for Neil Marshall... who was prosecuting a serial murder suspect.

And I can assure you all, the court bombing resulted in no loss of life. The target was a defense attorney, but everyone but one person was evacuated before the bomb went off. And that person was Shinobu, the suspect in the bombing. Even she came out of the incident unharmed, thanks to one noble bailiff.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I'm all for more Ace Attorney seriousness. After all, I came into Ace Attorney as a replacement for Law and Order during the 2008 Writer's Strike, but I just want it to still stay in the teen range, which means nothing too gruesome or cruel. That's my main criticism of the recent Phoenix Wright manga, which otherwise was pretty good. The writers and translators got the characters and dialogue pretty spot on, but the violence was really turned up to 11. (The Edgeworth manga was different in that it had the same amount of violence but had a bad translation and uninteresting stories.)
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

ADA McCoy wrote:
I'm all for more Ace Attorney seriousness. After all, I came into Ace Attorney as a replacement for Law and Order during the 2008 Writer's Strike, but I just want it to still stay in the teen range, which means nothing too gruesome or cruel. That's my main criticism of the recent Phoenix Wright manga, which otherwise was pretty good. The writers and translators got the characters and dialogue pretty spot on, but the violence was really turned up to 11. (The Edgeworth manga was different in that it had the same amount of violence but had a bad translation and uninteresting stories.)

Like I said, we don't want something incredibly disgusting - I don't watch Law & Order. I think I only saw the beginning of one episode and that had with a woman bringing her kid and her friend's kid back to the friend and having them stay there, although the friend was currently held at knife point by a robber or so. And they basically killed the kids and friend as well as her husband by having them asphyxiate by putting plastic bags over their heads.

Anyway, we don't need that sort of thing.
And I'll take my Dahlia-attempting-to-harm-her-host-body suggestion again as an example. I didn't want her to actually do anything, no matter how much I hate or dislike Maya. I merely think that if she had attempted to do something, it would've made a huge impact - like in other video games, where a scene can make you cry for the character or feel what they feel. Just something that would've made Dahlia seem like a threat - instead of this... kid that just stood there and took the humiliation.

I like games that are light hearted, but not if they are too lighthearted. I also don't think games should be too depressing (I'm looking at you FFX!) but a good mixture - and by that I mean fitting jokes or something to turn the mood around. Much as I love Gumshoe, the repeated joke in 1-5 where he bursts into the room and is all "Oh I interrupted... I will go now." and they call him back... funny the first time, then it got eye-rollingly dumb.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Like I said, we don't want something incredibly disgusting - I don't watch Law & Order. I think I only saw the beginning of one episode and that had with a woman bringing her kid and her friend's kid back to the friend and having them stay there, although the friend was currently held at knife point by a robber or so. And they basically killed the kids and friend as well as her husband by having them asphyxiate by putting plastic bags over their heads.

And I'll take my Dahlia-attempting-to-harm-her-host-body suggestion again as an example. I didn't want her to actually do anything, no matter how much I hate or dislike Maya. I merely think that if she had attempted to do something, it would've made a huge impact - like in other video games, where a scene can make you cry for the character or feel what they feel. Just something that would've made Dahlia seem like a threat - instead of this... kid that just stood there and took the humiliation.

I like games that are light hearted, but not if they are too lighthearted. I also don't think games should be too depressing (I'm looking at you FFX!) but a good mixture - and by that I mean fitting jokes or something to turn the mood around. Much as I love Gumshoe, the repeated joke in 1-5 where he bursts into the room and is all "Oh I interrupted... I will go now." and they call him back... funny the first time, then it got eye-rollingly dumb.

C-A

I agree with you. I would usually skip the "crime" portion of Law & Order and would wait about 5 minutes after the show started before watching because of the violent stuff they'd often have. I actually mostly watched reruns from the early seasons in the 90's, because they didn't show all that stuff. They would just have a couple of non-important characters discover the body. It was after that awful and horrific show Law & Order: Special Victims Unit got popular that the original Law & Order started showing the killings.

Like I said, I'd be ok with Ace Attorney getting more serious. But that doesn't mean I don't want any humor in it or anything. My favorite Ace Attorney games will often have a case that is a little darker than normal followed by a case that is more light-hearted than normal. I don't want a depressing game or anything, which is why I say make T the maximum rating for the games. I have no objection to the kind of situation you are describing with Dahlia.

Ace Sidekick!

ADA McCoy wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

C-A

I agree with you. I would usually skip the "crime" portion of Law & Order and would wait about 5 minutes after the show started before watching because of the violent stuff they'd often have. I actually mostly watched reruns from the early seasons in the 90's, because they didn't show all that stuff. They would just have a couple of non-important characters discover the body. It was after that awful and horrific show Law & Order: Special Victims Unit got popular that the original Law & Order started showing the killings.

Like I said, I'd be ok with Ace Attorney getting more serious. But that doesn't mean I don't want any humor in it or anything. My favorite Ace Attorney games will often have a case that is a little darker than normal followed by a case that is more light-hearted than normal. I don't want a depressing game or anything, which is why I say make T the maximum rating for the games. I have no objection to the kind of situation you are describing with Dahlia.

Exactly, one of my favorite cases is 1-4 and it has a nice amount of morbid and humor. Same with cases 1-5 and 2-3.

Now that I think about it, case 2-4 was the case that made me laugh the least because Maya is my favorite female character...and I spent most of the time on the edge of my seat, screaming, and nearly crying...but at least Edgeworth was back. :edgy:

Emiko Gale wrote:
Now that I think about it, case 2-4 was the case that made me laugh the least because Maya is my favorite female character...and I spent most of the time on the edge of my seat, screaming, and nearly crying...but at least Edgeworth was back. :edgy:

You know, I think maybe we might all be taking this stuff a bit to serious... just a thought. (that includes myself, of course ;) :keiko: )
Serve the Story - that's one of my rules.
--------------
That wasn't an objection, honest! I was just pointing someone to the bus stop!

Ace Sidekick!

beterbomen wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

You know, I think maybe we might all be taking this stuff a bit to serious... just a thought. (that includes myself, of course ;) :keiko: )

I know. :bellboy:

What I'm trying to figure out was why was I, and so many other people so upset because Pheonix lost his badge, it was just a career, and not even the best career too. But when I was playing as Phoenix in AJ I absolutely DREADED seeing the cutscenes to Phoenix's final case, I felt like I was gonna tear up, I wanted it to stop.

Emiko Gale wrote:
beterbomen wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

I know. :bellboy:

What I'm trying to figure out was why was I, and so many other people so upset because Pheonix lost his badge, it was just a career, and not even the best career too. But when I was playing as Phoenix in AJ I absolutely DREADED seeing the cutscenes to Phoenix's final case, I felt like I was gonna tear up, I wanted it to stop.

I played Apollo Justice first, so I always thought the change was for the better to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love Phoenix, and after playing the original trilogy enjoy his character/playing as him more than Apollo, but I thought it was fitting that he would lose his badge only to end up winning against the entire legal system. I really like the change Phoenix went through, from a narrative/character arc standpoint. Especially because it was different. To be honest, when GS5 was announced as a Phoenix game I was a little disappointed. But now I'm over that and my excitment of playing Phoenix is back. I just hope they take most of his GS5 personality from GS4 and not GS3. That shot of him sweating didn't go over that well with me.

Emiko Gale wrote:

That was a pretty no-humor Case and I suppose it was intentional. And I agree that putting too much humor into that case would've been kinda awkward - after all, it is THE case where Phoenix finally learns something about being a lawyer and all that. I remember not laughing a lot in that case, too - my main memory is the desire to grab Phoenix by the shoulders and shake him like crazy, then smashing his head against the defense desk while pulling the bully-line, "Stop shooting yourself in the foot!" and "Grow some balls!"

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

CatMuto wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

That was a pretty no-humor Case and I suppose it was intentional. And I agree that putting too much humor into that case would've been kinda awkward - after all, it is THE case where Phoenix finally learns something about being a lawyer and all that. I remember not laughing a lot in that case, too - my main memory is the desire to grab Phoenix by the shoulders and shake him like crazy, then smashing his head against the defense desk while pulling the bully-line, "Stop shooting yourself in the foot!" and "Grow some balls!"

C-A

*laughs*

I actually don't really like the new chick, whatever her name is. My first thought when I saw her was Sailor Moon. I really hope the game isn't like the format of Investigations, because I just really hated the format for that game.

What I didn't want is already in the game D: I'd rather that there be no gimmicks to the court phase of the game. No perceiving, no heart scope, just good ol presenting.

zpattack12 wrote:
What I didn't want is already in the game D: I'd rather that there be no gimmicks to the court phase of the game. No perceiving, no heart scope, just good ol presenting.

Like in AA where we presented evidence that technically made no sense to use or was actually not allowed to be used? (Regarding AA being a take on the Japanese law system prior to 2009, I still doubt they would've let illegally aquired evidence get presented in court)

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
zpattack12 wrote:

Like in AA where we presented evidence that technically made no sense to use or was actually not allowed to be used? (Regarding AA being a take on the Japanese law system prior to 2009, I still doubt they would've let illegally aquired evidence get presented in court)

C-A

Exactly. You get me so well. :redd:

zpattack12 wrote:

Because, to quote Larry, "Everything is evidence in court." :butzthumbs:
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

I hope the aide will be a little more useful than Maya in the PW trilogy. Warning, I love Maya, but excluding her huge spirit and humor potential, she's not a model of logic and reflection.
It was a real progress with Trucy in AJ : she's a little bit smart and have some point : I can't call her a real "drag". However, in investigation stage, she's not very useful.

I hope, for the girl we saw in the trailer, she will be a smart one with a real weight and not just a cute mascot. I believe she's an attorney too so let's be important pal !

What did he do this time...?

Hunter wrote:
I hope the aide will be a little more useful than Maya in the PW trilogy. Warning, I love Maya, but excluding her huge spirit and humor potential, she's not a model of logic and reflection.
It was a real progress with Trucy in AJ : she's a little bit smart and have some point : I can't call her a real "drag". However, in investigation stage, she's not very useful.

I hope, for the girl we saw in the trailer, she will be a smart one with a real weight and not just a cute mascot. I believe she's an attorney too so let's be important pal !

I think Kokone is going to be a minor improvement. Being a rookie attorney, she should be smarter than Maya and Trucy [combined?].
However it looks like she's going to be 'peppy' and 'hates to lose'. Sounds like Maya to me.
I do wonder if Trucy will be assisting Apollo in the game at some point. (because we already know
Spoiler:
Apollo investigates with Kokone in the 2nd case of the game.
)
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Whooooooooooooooop!

No more Spark :Brush-Sniff:. And no more Valant :varanbaran:. That guy was a jerk!

I've felt worse.

Penny is AWSOME wrote:
No more Spark :Brush-Sniff:. And no more Valant :varanbaran:. That guy was a jerk!

Not as much of a jerk as Zak
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Foolish foolhardy fools...

Dr. Hotti/Hickfield with a new identity. :hotti:
Enough said. :phoenix:
Please don't hate meeeeeeeeeeeeee!

CatMuto wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

Edgey does make everything better. Including really depressing/emotional cases. :edgy:
I remember when Franziska was like, "If it wasn't for you.."
And then ??? answered, "I would have won. Is that what you wanted to say?"
Cue Revival: Miles Edgeworth music and I'm jumping around the room in glee along with my younger brother who loves the games as well.

....Anyway, it was sad when Maya was kidnapped :larry: and when :shoe: came up on the transceiver it was like, "No...there?! She's there?!"

I went on again. Sorry. :minuki:

PhoenixFlame53 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Emiko Gale wrote:

Edgey does make everything better. Including really depressing/emotional cases. :edgy:
Cue Revival: Miles Edgeworth music and I'm jumping around the room in glee along with my younger brother who loves the games as well.

....Anyway, it was sad when Maya was kidnapped :larry: and when :shoe: came up on the transceiver it was like, "No...there?! She's there?!"

Wait.... that wasn't obvious?
It wasn't obvious that she was being held there?
I admit, my first thought was the wine cellar of the Gatewater Hotel... but afterwards, it immediately went to that place.

C-A

PhoenixFlame53 wrote:

Honestly I found the moment when he approached Trucy with his oddball manners and Phoenix stepped in to shoo him away pretty funny.

Then again, we could always bring back Larry and have him hit on Kokone. Apollo would probably be "WTF This guy is friends with Mr. Wright?"

...but in a more humorous way.

What did he do this time...?

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
PhoenixFlame53 wrote:

Honestly I found the moment when he approached Trucy with his oddball manners and Phoenix stepped in to shoo him away pretty funny.

Then again, we could always bring back Larry and have him hit on Kokone. Apollo would probably be "WTF This guy is friends with Mr. Wright?"

Most of us have had enough Larry, but that would be really funny. :keiko:
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
PhoenixFlame53 wrote:

Hahahaha that would be awesome! :edgy:
You could imagine it too. :phoenix: Maybe it would be somewhat like this:

Apollo: "Hey, Mr Wright! This hot-dog stall is close to the crime scene, so there might be some witnesses around here."
Kokone: "Hey, maybe we could get some food while we're at it!"
Phoenix: "Hmm?" ('Samurai Dogs'....where have I heard that before?)
???: Nick? NICK!!!! I've missed you so much, buddy!
Phoenix: "Larry...?" (Larry Butz, huh? Long time, no see.)
Apollo: "Uh...Mr Wright?" (How could he be friends with a guy...like THIS?)
Larry: "So, how have you...WOAH, BABY! Nick, you've got a pretty good-looking assistant there!"
Kokone: *cute giggle* "Thanks!"
Larry: *swoon*
Phoenix: (Larry's single then? I wonder if he's gone off models...)
Larry: "Nick...tell me! WHY DO YOU GET ALL THE GOOD-LOOKING PEOPLE TO ACCOMPANY YOU?!"
Apollo: (Is this guy desperate or what?!)

Sorry, I felt like writing something. :pearl:

Quote:

Quote:
Wait.... that wasn't obvious?
It wasn't obvious that she was being held there?
I admit, my first thought was the wine cellar of the Gatewater Hotel... but afterwards, it immediately went to that place.

C-A

I had my suspicions, but I didn't really think it would've been there. Maybe DeKiller would've had like a hideout or someplace, but the Engarde masion seemed...I don't know. It was ages since I last played that, anyway. :phoenix:
It would've made sense if it was the wine cellar of the Gatewater Hotel, though, with DeKiller disguised as a butler there anyway. :radio: :shellydekiller: :radio:

OBJECTION!

PhoenixFlame53 wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
PhoenixFlame53 wrote:

Hahahaha that would be awesome! :edgy:
You could imagine it too. :phoenix: Maybe it would be somewhat like this:

Apollo: "Hey, Mr Wright! This hot-dog stall is close to the crime scene, so there might be some witnesses around here."
Kokone: "Hey, maybe we could get some food while we're at it!"
Phoenix: "Hmm?" ('Samurai Dogs'....where have I heard that before?)
???: Nick? NICK!!!! I've missed you so much, buddy!
Phoenix: "Larry...?" (Larry Butz, huh? Long time, no see.)
Apollo: "Uh...Mr Wright?" (How could he be friends with a guy...like THIS?)
Larry: "So, how have you...WOAH, BABY! Nick, you've got a pretty good-looking assistant there!"
Kokone: *cute giggle* "Thanks!"
Larry: *swoon*
Phoenix: (Larry's single then? I wonder if he's gone off models...)
Larry: "Nick...tell me! WHY DO YOU GET ALL THE GOOD-LOOKING PEOPLE TO ACCOMPANY YOU?!"
Apollo: (Is this guy desperate or what?!)

Sorry, I felt like writing something. :pearl:

That's brilliant - I can actually imagine that :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Page 8 of 8 [ 315 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Courthouse Steps