Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 44 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Capcom USA trickles more detailsTopic%20Title

Deputy of Self-Esteem

First, the game will be playable at E3.
Quote:
We’ll have more news for you in the days leading up to E3, where folks will get their first public hands-on with a fully localized version of the game.

As opposed to partly localized? Thanks to irishmarcoos for that tip.

Sven wrote a lot of things in the last post here:

Interesting things of note:

• He notes that Capcom's relationship with NOA has been very positive and that the 3DS Monster Hunter game has been on the eShop home page for a while. This suggests that PWDD will likely get the same treatment. Also doesn't close out the possibility of advertising in Nintendo Direct, as MH did.
  • In response to someone talking about Capcom's business model, Sven said "Just keep in mind we haven't shared full details yet. More details will become clear in a few weeks and hopefully the method to our madness will become more clear." Can't wait to see what this madness entails!

And probably the biggest thing:

Sven wrote:
We worked very hard to ensure a Western release on this title. If we'd said "no, it's not coming", it would have triggered the inevitable "please bring it to eshop, at least" cries. Instead we shortcutted that and brought it straight to eShop.

Digital-only release isn't the end of the world. They knew what would happen if they didn't take this route.

Thanks to blahmoomoo for the Sven story.
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Re: Capcom USA trickles more detailsTopic%20Title

Why is everyone going up and arms about it being eShop only anyways?

It doesn't seem like a big deal...

Athena Internet Defense Force

Alpha Attorney wrote:

Part of it has to do with pining for a physical release, which I could give or take.

However, the real problem is the way the eShop works. Your purchases are tied to your 3DS but then there's no way to reclaim them if something went awry and you had to replace your 3DS.

That said...I can't argue, it's gotta be this way. I'll probably supplement it with a Gyakuten Saiban 5 LE pack.

Gettin' Old!

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Alpha Attorney wrote:

Part of it has to do with pining for a physical release, which I could give or take.

However, the real problem is the way the eShop works. Your purchases are tied to your 3DS but then there's no way to reclaim them if something went awry and you had to replace your 3DS.

That said...I can't argue, it's gotta be this way. I'll probably supplement it with a Gyakuten Saiban 5 LE pack.

I'm pretty sure you can tie your e-shop account to your club-nintendo account.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Blah!

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

I've seen several people say that if your 3DS breaks, you can call Nintendo to get your game purchases transferred to a new 3DS. The process is expedited if you registered your 3DS on Club Nintendo.

Not the most ideal way of implementing it and you still lose your saves (unless the phone transfer makes the new 3DS able to read them off the original 3DS' SD card), but it exists.

EDIT: I'm fairly certain that you can't use your Club Nintendo account to do the transfer without calling Nintendo, since there isn't a place I've seen in the eShop that suggest the ability to do that.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

I've seen several people say that if your 3DS breaks, you can call Nintendo to get your game purchases transferred to a new 3DS. The process is expedited if you registered your 3DS on Club Nintendo.

Not the most ideal way of implementing it and you still lose your saves (unless the phone transfer makes the new 3DS able to read them off the original 3DS' SD card), but it exists.

EDIT: I'm fairly certain that you can't use your Club Nintendo account to do the transfer without calling Nintendo, since there isn't a place I've seen in the eShop that suggest the ability to do that.

you can transfer your games to other 3DS's I did it when I upgraded to the XL so it must be some kind of misconception.

(Not sure if you NEED a club Nintendo account though.)

Bitter Old Man

So that it then. Digital only. I have no words to describe my total and utter disgust. Normally I'd just clench my hate into a little ball, swallow it, and move on. But this so enrages me I had to vent a little. All I can do is hope for some future physical release or a collector's edition, but really, that's not happening.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

Blah!

The 3DS Transfer Tool exists and doesn't need a Club Nintendo account, but it only works if your original 3DS is working. If it's busted, obviously you can't run the transfer software on it.

But anyway, my thoughts of the matter are somewhat reflected in the OP post. To be more direct, I don't really mind that the release is digital only, especially now that I took the time to look up a few things about the eShop, like what happens if your 3DS breaks. I still prefer buying retail games if they exist, but I purchased several eShop exclusives at the beginning of the year and have no problems with that. Then again, I'm not too attached to physical items lately.

At this stage I'm just glad we're getting the game. It's clear from what Sven said that there was a very strong chance we wouldn't get it. Sure, I would've preferred a physical release, but honestly, I just want a new AA game.

Gettin' Old!

Cream147 wrote:
At this stage I'm just glad we're getting the game. It's clear from what Sven said that there was a very strong chance we wouldn't get it. Sure, I would've preferred a physical release, but honestly, I just want a new AA game.

Not for this one, this one was confirmed for western release pretty early on if I recall. It's PWvsLayton and AAI2 which hang in the balance.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The mal practice lawyer...♥

Cream147 wrote:

I feel the same way. I'm just happy that we will be able to legally buy it. I wish we could say the same for Gyakuten Kenji 2. :(

It would make me quite disgusted to hear Capcom USA is going to charge for the DLC that the Japanese players are getting for free but I won't speculate on such matters for the time being...

Romantic Thief, I think... wait... no...

Hopefully this bodes well for at least AAI2 getting a digital release. I'm sort of bummed they didn't think to maybe, at the very least, do a limited physical run (like Fire Emblem) for those who wanted physical carts. Even better, make the physical run limited to the collector's edition that Japan is getting.
I make custom signatures, I'm a certified Multimedia & Graphic Designer,
Shameless Portfolio Website Plug

IDV

Mask☆DeMasque wrote:
Hopefully this bodes well for at least AAI2 getting a digital release. I'm sort of bummed they didn't think to maybe, at the very least, do a limited physical run (like Fire Emblem) for those who wanted physical carts. Even better, make the physical run limited to the collector's edition that Japan is getting.

Fire Emblem Awakening's physical release wasn't planned to be limited afaik - there were just some shipping issues or whatever in America.

Blah!

Mask☆DeMasque wrote:

They did indeed think about that, but a limited run costs a lot compared to potential revenue due to the flat costs involved. You don't simply press a magic button to print cartridges. If I knew a place that describes the process of making a cartridge release in detail, I would link to it.

This post by Sven needs to be more prominent. http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/ ... lease-pt-2

Cream147 wrote:

But I had heard something along the lines of "Just because the sequel to a spin-off isn't being localized doesn't have any bearing on the next installment of the main series."

This game was confirmed to be coming to America very shortly after the official reveal of it. I'm thinking they had planned this for awhile (but on the same token, I'm just about out of hope of ever seeing Kenji 2 over here).

Digital only...So a possible port on iOS in the near future?

Seasoned Animator

Just reading the part that it took them everything to ensure at least a digital copy coming overseas makes me think that Capcom in Japan didn't want to localize it in the first place.

At least Megaman X Street Fighter needed Capcom of America to get it released, for the sake of his anniversary. (Free)
(Maybe this is irrelevant, but Europe got a Physical release of Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty while everywhere else didn't. Granted it was short, but still.)
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Last edited by ApolloGrimoire on Tue May 14, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huddini wrote:

If that does happen, I don't imagine it will for quite some time. AA5 was created specifically for the 3DS in mind. Unfortunately, I don't have one yet. :yuusaku:

OrangeLightning wrote:
Just reading the part that it took them everything to ensure at least a digital copy coming overseas makes me think that Capcom in Japan didn't want to localize it in the first place.

At least Megaman X Street Fighter needed Capcom of America to get it released, for the sake of his anniversary. (Free)

Capcom probably views this as their least important franchise since each game only does reasonably well enough to justify localization of the next one. AAI probably didn't sell nearly as enough as they hoped, so that's why the series' future was up in the air. Either way, we've been extremely lucky to get six visual novels here in the first place.

Mega Man X Street Fighter is a fan game. Capcom's only involvement was that they officially released it. If you ask me, it's a pretty lame way to celebrate your two flagship series. At least SF fans got that massive box set, even if it was flawed.

Quote:

There's that, plus the whole HD trilogy that's been delayed countless times. I'm more curious to see what Capcom thinks of the fan translation. Maybe if it's completed soon, they can use it to officially release the game in English.

Seasoned Animator

Don't know, regardless of sales the series itself is still massively popular outside of Japan.
Some of their marketing decisions are outright baffling. (Too many to list.) (On Disc DLC for starters.)

No milestone celebration of a MegaMan game, regardless if Inafune works with them or not, shouldn't be a factor.

Still going to get Duel Destinies when it comes out though.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

OrangeLightning wrote:
Don't know, regardless of sales the series itself is still massively popular outside of Japan.
Some of their marketing decisions are outright baffling. (Too many to list.) (On Disc DLC for starters.)

No milestone celebration of a MegaMan game, regardless if Inafune works with them or not, shouldn't be a factor.

Still going to get Duel Destinies when it comes out though.

Ace Attorney is popular, but only on online communities like Court Records. That doesn't necessarily translate into sales. The entire series has sold 4.2 million copies. A respectable number, but it's only a small fortune compared to many other game series. Professor Layton on the other hand, has sold almost 15 million copies. That's why that series never has any problems because its basically a cash cow. Though it could also be due to Level 5 being an overall better company than Capcom.

It seems that Capcom also care's little for platformers like Mega Man. Perhaps they view that there's no market for this games anymore. Who'd ever by a brand new Mega Man game when something like Resident Evil is right next to it? It's a real shame that the industry is headed in this direction.

I'm sure that everyone here's going to buy the game day one. I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom charged full price for it even if it is a digital game. Ace Attorney has a small, but strong fan base; so they could basically charge whatever they wanted for it.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Huddini wrote:

If that does happen, I don't imagine it will for quite some time. AA5 was created specifically for the 3DS in mind. Unfortunately, I don't have one yet. :yuusaku:

Of course, the AA games have always come first on a Nintendo platform (but NEVER exclusive). The first PW game for the iOS shows that AA translates REALLY well to the touchscreen.

Also, with the 3d option or no on 3DS, the models still look ugly in this new installment, the iOS devices today are pretty powerful enough to handle the power that their engine requires (might as well dump Android in there too).

Also agreed with ApolloGrimoire about Capcom's weird marketing routine nowadays. They just completely fail in this department for some odd reason, and some of their business practices have become questionable at best regarding DLC.

Still, I can be the first to say AA5 isn't a first day buy (a 3DS just isn't worth it for this one game, since there are a few things disappointing for me already from the info we have), but port it later to iOS/Android and I'll be sold for sure :P

Huddini wrote:
Huddini wrote:

Of course, the AA games have always come first on a Nintendo platform (but NEVER exclusive). The first PW game for the iOS shows that AA translates REALLY well to the touchscreen.

Also, with the 3d option or no on 3DS, the models still look ugly in this new installment, the iOS devices today are pretty powerful enough to handle the power that their engine requires (might as well dump Android in there too).

Also agreed with ApolloGrimoire about Capcom's weird marketing routine nowadays. They just completely fail in this department for some odd reason, and some of their business practices have become questionable at best regarding DLC.

Still, I can be the first to say AA5 isn't a first day buy (a 3DS just isn't worth it for this one game, since there are a few things disappointing for me already from the info we have), but port it later to iOS/Android and I'll be sold for sure :P

I'm not saying that it won't ever happen, I'm just saying that they probably don't have any plans now. I don't have a 3DS, but there's plenty of other games that make the system worth owning for me like Virtue's Last Reward, Professor Layton, MGS3, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.

At first, I thought that the models looked kinda ugly too, but I'm sure they'll look fine on the actual system. It's a 3DS game, so of course it'll look bad when it's blown up for a big computer screen.

Yeah, Capcom is pretty lame when it comes to marketing or even listening to their fans in general. They make really good games, but they constantly fall into the pitfalls of being a "money-hungry corporation."

I play videogames.

Huddini wrote:
Huddini wrote:

First time poster...

Anyways, from the screens and limited gameplay videos I've seen, the 3D models don't look ugly, IMO. In fact, I actually quite like it. Much more than I imagined I would, to be quite honest.

As for the decision to make it digital-only, I'm a little bit surprised. I thought that if they were going to go this route, maybe it would be for GK2. If AA5 does well (which I think it's safe to assume it will), I hope that Capcom decides to translate & release GK2 because it was a FANTASTIC game and I feel it's not fair to foreign AA fans to not let them experience it. Though, then again, when has this industry ever been about "fair"...?

I wanted and still want a physical copy of AA5 so I'll probably play the JPN version first. I wonder if it would ever be possible to custom-order a physical copy... A shame that that has become a "hope" now.
Image Image Image

Objection!

Location: a curiously above ground underground laboratory in western Kentucky

I'm just afraid that "the method to [Capcom's] madness" will mean AA5 will be released in an episodic format. :sadshoe:
Sailorneorune, shamelessly waving her big Phoenix Wright flag around since 2006.

Quote:
First time poster...

Anyways, from the screens and limited gameplay videos I've seen, the 3D models don't look ugly, IMO. In fact, I actually quite like it. Much more than I imagined I would, to be quite honest.

As for the decision to make it digital-only, I'm a little bit surprised. I thought that if they were going to go this route, maybe it would be for GK2. If AA5 does well (which I think it's safe to assume it will), I hope that Capcom decides to translate & release GK2 because it was a FANTASTIC game and I feel it's not fair to foreign AA fans to not let them experience it. Though, then again, when has this industry ever been about "fair"...?

I wanted and still want a physical copy of AA5 so I'll probably play the JPN version first. I wonder if it would ever be possible to custom-order a physical copy... A shame that that has become a "hope" now.

Welcome to CR! I hope you'll enjoy your time here! :will:

Yeah, GK2 looked like it would be the most interesting game in the series. I haven't looked the entire plot summary, because I don't want to spoil the game; but the story sounds really good. I hope that the fan translation team will be successful!

You're right about the industry being "fair." There's a ton of Japanese games (particularly visual novels) that I'd love to play, but most will never come out here or even get fan translated because they're such a niche market.

I don't own a 3DS, but I'd love a physical copy too when I get one. I just hope that the game will be reasonably priced since it's digital.

Sailorneorune wrote:
I'm just afraid that "the method to [Capcom's] madness" will mean AA5 will be released in an episodic format. :sadshoe:

Capcom makes some terrible decisions, but I don't think they'd ever go that far. None of the other games (even on mobile) have ever been released episodically, so there's really no reason to do that with AA5.

I play videogames.

Quote:
First time poster...

Welcome to CR! I hope you'll enjoy your time here! :will:

Yeah, GK2 looked like it would be the most interesting game in the series. I haven't looked the entire plot summary, because I don't want to spoil the game; but the story sounds really good. I hope that the fan translation team will be successful!

You're right about the industry being "fair." There's a ton of Japanese games (particularly visual novels) that I'd love to play, but most will never come out here or even get fan translated because they're such a niche market.

I don't own a 3DS, but I'd love a physical copy too when I get one. I just hope that the game will be reasonably priced since it's digital.

Thank you! I actually first visited the site a couple years ago but just today decided to create a forum account.

The story in GK2 was very good! The game did a tremendous job of connecting all of the cases (which is always very epic). Music was very good too, as always.

I was born to Japanese immigrants, so I have been fortunate to have been able to play games released there, which is what makes the region-locking of the 3DS all the more frustrating for me. Obviously, it's impossible to localize all games but I always assumed the Ace Attorney franchise had enough of a following overseas...

I have a 3DS but have never utilized the eShop so I don't know the prices of full games, but I assume it would be the same as retail. I have no clue though...
Image Image Image

Pierre wrote:
Cream147 wrote:

Not for this one, this one was confirmed for western release pretty early on if I recall. It's PWvsLayton and AAI2 which hang in the balance.

That's true, it was announced for a Western Release during the Tokyo Game Show last September when the first trailer was released. Baring a later major case of cold feet this release was secure for months.

Sailorneorune wrote:

Capcom makes some terrible decisions, but I don't think they'd ever go that far. None of the other games (even on mobile) have ever been released episodically, so there's really no reason to do that with AA5.

False, Ghost Trick was episodic based on iOS (only first chapter was free)

Also, I remember a time when Capcom used to be bashed for listening to their fans TOO much...Man have times changed xP

Also for the guys saying the 3D models look good...Sorry, but no matter how much they mimick 2d sprites, it'll never look as good as the crisp, clean 2d art. Never mind the fact that some of the details like nick's little hair twinge at the front is completely wrong from the actual artwork, or his ugly objection hands/finger point (it doesn't even look like a finger :P). Even the texture on the clothings looks muddier/stretchier. And I thought the 3DS was pretty powerful, but they can't even get the antialias down regarding the cel-shade outline.

These may be minor nitpicking details, but a shift to 3d from traditional 2d can be pretty jarring if the shift to a different art style doesn't translate 100%

But with the 3d feature on the 3DS? I'm pretty sure it's going to look REAL good, I'll give you that.

Still, I strangely have no issue with most of the backgrounds ...Maybe they're just so polished and well-done that there's nothing to complain about...But there's still a few that just don't look good in 3d.

Blah!

Huddini wrote:

Digital release doesn't mean anything about an iOS port. I don't know exactly how eShop games work, but I suspect that 99% of the game is identical to what would be on a cart and 1% is stuff that is different between retail and eShop so the game understands how to do things like read its own game data ddand where to put saves.

Digital only release does not make a potential iOS port any easier. Granted, the developer kits for 3DS seem like they are running on a PC or something, seeing how they can get high resolution renders for trailers. So I am going to guess that an iOS port wouldn't necessarily need rebuilding of the entire game engine, but there are still a lot of things they need to do to get the port working. Ignoring the things you have to do with every port, Capcom would have to completely redesign the user interface to be suitable on a single screen with no buttons.

Point is, ports still require effort. Not as much as making a game from scratch, but it still costs money. An iOS port would be dependent on their business model and projected sales. So it could happen in the future, and they are probably considering it, but I'm sure they at least need to factor in the sales of AA5 on the 3DS first. The fact that the release is digital only has nothing to do with this, other than its affect on sales.

Oh, and about the 3D models: the new trailer is the same as the first Japanese trailer, which was released early. In later trailers and the demo gameplay videos, the 3D models were tweaked and generally looked better. Don't judge the game on the models in the just-released trailer, because they are out of date.

Huddini wrote:
Also for the guys saying the 3D models look good...Sorry, but no matter how much they mimick 2d sprites, it'll never look as good as the crisp, clean 2d art. Never mind the fact that some of the details like nick's little hair twinge at the front is completely wrong from the actual artwork, or his ugly objection hands/finger point (it doesn't even look like a finger :P). Even the texture on the clothings looks muddier/stretchier. And I thought the 3DS was pretty powerful, but they can't even get the antialias down regarding the cel-shade outline.

Are we looking at different screenshots here? You'd have to go and circle the bad points for me to understand where you're coming from with this.
First of all, I feel like you're overstating the appeal of the original sprite, because a lot of them are frankly kind of crappy. "Crisp and clean" aren't exactly the first words that come to mind when I look at Edgeworth's old court sprites.
Sure, I'll give you that sprite graphics have made some leaps and bounds since then, and in fact, I'd say it's just about perfect. In 2D, the boundary between the designer's vision and the player's screen has become paper thin, which is a lot more than can be said for most 3D games. And yeah, the 3DS can't delivery the same high-res, high poly graphics you'd see on the Vita or PS3, but as it happens, PWAADD is pretty damn good for what it is. I mean, not owning the system, you couldn't share this frame of reference, but even disregarding the care put into how the models are animated, the game easily has the best graphics I've seen out of the 3DS.

And not to derail, but on the subject of GK2, I think a lot of people have been hyping it up a bit much. Yeah, it was pretty cool how all the cases fit together in the end, but in my opinion the cases felt rather flat. On top of that, with a handful of exceptions, I found much of the new cast uncompelling and forgettable, and that's not even getting into Edgeworth's seriously wonky character growth.

I mean, the game does have a lot of strong points, but when I compare its finale --which I frankly found more than a little dull up until the confrontation with the killer-- to cases like 1-4 or 2-4, which managed to be equally if not more compelling without the support of a game's worth of conspiracies and hidden motives, it just makes me think that Eshiro, Yamazaki, and the rest just don't have the same knack for storytelling that Takumi does.

Ghost Trick pulled the whole conspiracy thing off way better anyway.

Huddini wrote:
Sailorneorune wrote:

Yeah, but you could immediately buy and play all episodes at once.
And Sven already confirmed AA5 won't be released in an episodic format.

Self-proclaimed smart person.

Regarding the details that they haven't shared that they say will have things make more sense, I have to wonder if it's regarding the eshop pricing. In the seperate thread linked by blahmoomoo earlier, we have this comment by Sven:

Quote:
A retail release would necessitate changes to code, [...] 45 days of manufacturing/shipping time and significant physical COGs that would require pricing that is different than what we will be doing.

Now, unless they want to increase the eshop price for some inexplicable reason, the logical conclusion would be that they intend to put a lower price than what a retail release would allow for. And I, for one, would happily take that, even if I do enjoy having the physical box of the games in my collection.

And again, it is still an exciting announcement that the latest AA game is coming Westward and doing so in a "timely fashion" relative to its Japanese release. Especially since the normal localization time is three quarters of a year (or more, if you're a European like I am), while this time we only have to wait 4 months at most––Japanese release is in July and we get it in Fall––which is pretty fantastic if you ask me. :jake:

Quote:
Thank you! I actually first visited the site a couple years ago but just today decided to create a forum account.

The story in GK2 was very good! The game did a tremendous job of connecting all of the cases (which is always very epic). Music was very good too, as always.

I was born to Japanese immigrants, so I have been fortunate to have been able to play games released there, which is what makes the region-locking of the 3DS all the more frustrating for me. Obviously, it's impossible to localize all games but I always assumed the Ace Attorney franchise had enough of a following overseas...

I have a 3DS but have never utilized the eShop so I don't know the prices of full games, but I assume it would be the same as retail. I have no clue though...

Wow, that's so cool! This summer I want to start learning how to read Japanese. I plan to start with the simpler forms of writing, hiragana and katakana. I'll later move on to the more daunting writing system, kanji. My dad's Chinese, and I used to take Chinese lessons; but I unfortunately forgot everything. :sadshoe:
Still, I find Asian culture to be really beautiful and I look forward to finally learning such a great language as Japanese. I want to play games that I couldn't normally understand like 428: In a Blockaded Shibuya and Time Travelers.

The digital release should be cheaper than a physical one because they don't have to spend the extra money on packaging, shipping, and plastic cartridges. Of course, seeing as it's Capcom, they're probably going to mess it up somehow. :yuusaku:

Bitter Old Man

OrangeLightning wrote:
I'm sure that everyone here's going to buy the game day one.

I wouldn't take that bet.

As for the pricing, as $40 is pretty much the standard for retail, I have to wonder what they'll price it at. Personally, anything over $20 would be ridiculous to me. But as I have no plans to buy it as long as it's digital only, I guess it's kind of academic.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

TheRedPriest wrote:
OrangeLightning wrote:
I'm sure that everyone here's going to buy the game day one.

I wouldn't take that bet.

As for the pricing, as $40 is pretty much the standard for retail, I have to wonder what they'll price it at. Personally, anything over $20 would be ridiculous to me. But as I have no plans to buy it as long as it's digital only, I guess it's kind of academic.

Hey, beggars can't be choosers. Be glad that Capcom is releasing this game outside of Japan in the first place. Yeah, I'm angry about it being digital only too; but there's nothing to be done. If you want to wait, go ahead. Just expect to play a physical copy...never. :yuusaku:

Gettin' Old!

Huddini wrote:
Sailorneorune wrote:

Also, I remember a time when Capcom used to be bashed for listening to their fans TOO much...Man have times changed xP

These may be minor nitpicking details, but a shift to 3d from traditional 2d can be pretty jarring if the shift to a different art style doesn't translate 100%

But with the 3d feature on the 3DS? I'm pretty sure it's going to look REAL good, I'll give you that.

Still, I strangely have no issue with most of the backgrounds ...Maybe they're just so polished and well-done that there's nothing to complain about...But there's still a few that just don't look good in 3d.

Y'know Huddini just once I wish I could see you posting without the subject being roughly:

"Blahblahblah down with 3DS, blah blah blah go on iOS!"

I thought the models looked lovely, especially compared to the models from Nick's first 3D game in the Layton crossover. Now those models look off putting....that horrible soulless looking objection.

I think everything about this game looks incredibly polished and sharp and I'm surprised how (based on the trailers) they still seem to capture the original snappy feel when a witness is shocked.

There is a great degree of beauty in 2D art (I'd take Blazblue characters over them dumb Street Fighter 4 models anyday) but I think the 3D models look fantastic enough for this.

Only sad thing is, like I heard someone say before there's not a lot the fan community can do with 3D models in the way of creating their own stuff but eh that's life.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 1 of 2 [ 44 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes