Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 79 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

CONFIRMED: Two major AA5 returning characters in FamitsuTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

While the usual source of Famitsu leaks we use hasn't been able to get a copy, 2ch is abuzz with word that this week's Famitsu has an AA5 article featuring two major returning characters.

For now, this should be taken as a rumor, but it's quite possibly accurate.

Spoiler: Returning characters
According to the buzz, Miles Edgeworth and Trucy Wright are featured in the article.

We'll keep you posted on any confirmation or deconfirmation.

EDIT: Confirmed.

Spoiler:

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: RUMOR: Two major AA5 returning characters in FamitsuTopic%20Title

I play videogames.

I wouldn't be surprised at a return for Trucy. It has only been one year (in the game's world) since the previous game and she LIVES with Phoenix so it would be weirder not to see her again...

Very curious as to what kind of a role Edgeworth would play. Maybe just a cameo? Though with PW back as a protagonist, perhaps there's a bigger role for him. Hopefully he hasn't been transformed as drastically as PW in AA4...

Let's face it, though, we'd all like to see or at least hear what's happened to :maya: ...
Image Image Image

would make sense if edgeworth arrives :edgy: but i wonder how they would introduce trucy again since apollo does say he has a grudge on wright for what happened to trucy :yuusaku:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

See, people. The logos don't lie.

Someone remind me if the a large portion of the dev team on AAI was built from the dev team on T&T. I know the composer is the same, but I'm not sure if there are other major shared roles.

SeanHK wrote:
Very curious as to what kind of a role Edgeworth would play. Maybe just a cameo? Though with PW back as a protagonist, perhaps there's a bigger role for him. Hopefully he hasn't been transformed as drastically as PW in AA4...

Would a 'major recurring character' like him simply be left as a cameo? I can understand Maya getting a notable mention in the credits at most, but Edgeworth can fit into the plot in some productive manner.

This only cements my hopes that some of Edgeworth's investigations are playable. Even if it's for a brief moment, it'll bring back beautiful nostalgia from T&T.

zombieg3nocide wrote:
would make sense if edgeworth arrives :edgy: but i wonder how they would introduce trucy again since apollo does say he has a grudge on wright for what happened to trucy :yuusaku:

Wait, what. Where did it ever say that Apollo has a grudge on Nick.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed May 15, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Poker Head of Courtroom No. 3

No big surprise about Trucy. With Apollo being in the game, I kinda figured she was going to make an appearance as well. The two go hand in hand.

BUT EDGEWORTH?! I don't want to get my hopes up in the case this isn't actually true, but too late! I'd be so thrilled if he were to have a major role in this game. My hope is that he goes up in court against Apollo, because that would be amazing.

Also, Edgeworth's appearance in Dual Destinies creates more opportunities for other characters to return! It would make sense if Gumshoe comes back. To a lesser extent, Kay. I would love to see an older Edgeworth having Kay around as his assistant eight years later. :edgy:

i remember reading it from someone who commented on another post :grey:

Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Wed May 15, 2013 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

I play videogames.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Would a 'major recurring character' like him simply be left as a cameo? I can understand Maya getting a notable mention in the credits at most, but Edgeworth can fit into the plot in some productive manner.

I don't know. Just speculating and being a little pessimistic, to be quite honest. My guess is that he'll have one prominent case (perhaps the final one), but I don't want to tell myself that too much. Though if he's going to be in a Famitsu article alongside Trucy, I'd think he'd get a big role.
Image Image Image

元・超会社員級の管理人

As a probably completely inaccurate yardstick, the special edition does come with I think 3 alternate covers for the game. If they're all following the four-character pattern, that leaves room for a fairly large cast, even with some characters reused.

And a "main lineup" of Phoenix/Apollo/Athena/Jin/Edgeworth/Trucy would be in line (size-wise) with AAI2's main lineup of Edgeworth/Kay/Gumshoe/Shigaraki/Mikagami/Yumihiko (and arguably one other character).
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

The previous screenshot of the locket really leaves Trucy's announcement as very little of a surprise. Edgeworth, though, makes things interesting. My previous theory regarding the game was that playing as Apollo was just a flashback case like the Mia Fey cases were, in order to provide some amount of backstory (in this case, about the bombing). Perhaps Edgeworth will, in a sense, be reprising his role as "flashback prosecutor".

Just a fellow PW fan!

I honestly hope Edgeworth doesn't play a major role. I'm fine with a role in single cases (like Lotta Hart and Adrian Andrews), but AAI made me realize how annoying it can be to include characters for the sake of fan service (Larry Butz and Wendy Oldbag). Trucy is a part of both Nick's and Apollo's lives, so it makes sense that she would return. Maybe Athena and Trucy alternate as partners to Phoenix and Apollo.

Edgeworth's return implies that Gumshoe is returning too. Not sure what that means for Ema, but I'd honestly rather see Gumshoe back as the lead detective since Ema was slightly disappointing from what I can remember (she just seemed disinterested in everything she was doing).

Quote:
Perhaps Edgeworth will, in a sense, be reprising his role as "flashback prosecutor".

I'd be fine with this, although I doubt they'd go through all the effort of updating Edgeworth's character only to use him for a flashback case (unless if the entire case is a flashback, which is possible).

Last edited by Kav on Wed May 15, 2013 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fate Testarossa

Trucy makes sense to have in the game... But Edgeworth? Huh. Hopefully he feels natural in the game, rather than forced...

Fate is made by クロス

I play videogames.

I wonder how Trucy plays into the story, too, considering we've got ourselves a new partner. Maybe one of the cases is a murder at one of her shows.

Also on the subject of returning characters, does anybody think that Klavier will make an appearance? I still don't know whether this is a character that is part of the "main" cast as he didn't really have the same rival presence that the past 3 prosecutors had.
Image Image Image

Art Person

Trucy coming back makes sense, it'd be silly to forget her only a year after her and Apollo tackling those cases. Also, seeing as Apollo's appearance goes back to his old non-bandaged self, having Trucy look the same is also likely, (Unless one year caused her to lose interest in magic or something).

Edgeworth and Phoenix are always shown as the main 'rivals' (Really, Edgeworth's more of a friend in the end), so him coming back, whether it be in the last case (like T&T) or in a flashback case, makes a lot of sense. I wonder how they'd age him, and what his attitude is after 8 years.

PokerJoker811 wrote:
The previous screenshot of the locket really leaves Trucy's announcement as very little of a surprise. Edgeworth, though, makes things interesting. My previous theory regarding the game was that playing as Apollo was just a flashback case like the Mia Fey cases were, in order to provide some amount of backstory (in this case, about the bombing). Perhaps Edgeworth will, in a sense, be reprising his role as "flashback prosecutor".

Nah, we know Apollo's up against Yuugami in Case 2.

Maybe Edgeworth's gonna be the guest prosecutor in Case 4? It'd be weird to reveal that this early, though.

Anyway, if anything has changed about his look over the last eight years, I think some facial hair would suit him. You know, like one of those pencil moustaches?

I wish they'd just explain what happened to everyone, especially Maya.

Self-proclaimed smart person.

As long as it serves the narrative first and not the fan demand, I'm fine with Edgeworth being there. I'd put Trucy's inclusion as more important than Edgeworth, though. I'd rather not have the infamous AAI-5 character showdown deluxe happen again.

Either way, I'm hyped.

Trucy is an obvious return, and kind of necessary because her plot has yet to be closed I feel. Edgeworth, on the other hand...to be honest, I think a return for Maya would make far more sense because she's someone who's likely to still pop up in Phoenix's life. For some reason, I can't imagine that Edgeworth keeps much contact with Phoenix as a friend, so there would have to be a substantative plot reason for him to turn up. We'll see.

Woolbeast Material wrote:
PokerJoker811 wrote:

Nah, we know Apollo's up against Yuugami in Case 2.

Maybe Edgeworth's gonna be the guest prosecutor in Case 4? It'd be weird to reveal that this early, though.

Anyway, if anything has changed about his look over the last eight years, I think some facial hair would suit him. You know, like one of those pencil moustaches?

Oh dear God. That would be so funny if he for some reason went incognito for a case.

:ack: Edgeworth!? What are you doing dressed like that?
:edgeworth: Not now, Wright! Can't you see I'm on a case?
:think-pw: ...that involves disguises?
:think: Fortunately, it's a classified operation and I don't have to explain it to you.
:nick: ...Right. Well, I'm just gonna, you know, get back to investigating.
:edgeworth: No, you won't. This is now a restricted area, and civilians like yourself must leave immediately.
:phoenix: Then what does that make you?
:think: CIA.
:nick-sweat: Great.

...I dunno. It seemed funny at the time.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Triplemathics wrote:
As long as it serves the narrative first and not the fan demand, I'm fine with Edgeworth being there. I'd put Trucy's inclusion as more important than Edgeworth, though. I'd rather not have the infamous AAI-5 character showdown deluxe happen again.

Either way, I'm hyped.

Trucy just seems to be a logical choice for a returning character. She debuted in the previous game and neither her nor Apollo's story is finished. Also considering we have two playable characters it makes sense that we have two sidekicks as well. :minuki:

I hope her role is at least as important as e.g. Pearl's role in the first trilogy.

I am not sure what I should think of Edgeworth's return. He was absent in AA4, so why would he suddenly return in AA5? I hope there is a good reason for that or that he only returns for a flashback case.

Yeah, hi. I had to sign up right at this very moment to say that, yes, the rumor is real. Edgeworth and Trucy are in. Sorry, no pic at the moment, but the person I got my source from has done plenty of Famitsu revealing for other games that are featured in the magazine. Hopefully a pic will come later.

Spoiler:
3DS「逆転裁判5」
 「御剣怜侍」と「成歩堂みぬき」が登場。御剣は眼鏡をかけているイラストだったり、みぬきは少し大人びている。第2話紹介ではみぬきちゃんの友達「天馬ゆめみ」が登場、その他熱血刑事「番轟三」も登場。

Miles Edgeworth & Trucy Wright are returning. Edgeworth wears glasses now, and Trucy seems to grown up a bit. The 2nd case seems to be featuring Trucy with her friend, and there also seems to be a new detective.

Maybe we'll get a remix of Edgeworth's Great Revival theme form JFA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpTJ4voqww

You can Trucy see in the demo (or rather in the short trailer after it). :)

The cape is self-fluttering

Xalfrea wrote:
Yeah, hi. I had to sign up right at this very moment to say that, yes, the rumor is real. Edgeworth and Trucy are in. Sorry, no pic at the moment, but the person I got my source from has done plenty of Famitsu revealing for other games that are featured in the magazine. Hopefully a pic will come later.

Spoiler:
3DS「逆転裁判5」
 「御剣怜侍」と「成歩堂みぬき」が登場。御剣は眼鏡をかけているイラストだったり、みぬきは少し大人びている。第2話紹介ではみぬきちゃんの友達「天馬ゆめみ」が登場、その他熱血刑事「番轟三」も登場。

Miles Edgeworth & Trucy Wright are returning. Edgeworth wears glasses now, and Trucy seems to grown up a bit. The 2nd case seems to be featuring Trucy with her friend, and there also seems to be a new detective.

......... :wacky-edgy:

Spoiler: XALFREA DON'T TEASE ME BRO
The first thing I said when I read "Miles Edgeworth possibly returning" was I'D BETTER SEE SOME GLASSESWORTH A LA GREGORY.

He doesn't need to be a major player or anything. He could just be walking by randomly, I don't care. I just want some hot sexalicious Glassesworth action.

If any of that is true, I expect you to be the first to post that pic in the appropriate threads approved for spoilage. :edgeworth:

... well, okay, or someone else. :phoenix:

"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Edgeworth and Trucy confirmed. Image

迷探偵

Edgeworth ahs become the chief prosecutor, it seems!

ミツルギ老けたわーwww
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Derper

If he's Chief Prosecutor, then Jin must be quite important if he's allowing him in court.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Edgeworth's differences aside the glasses is the longer court jacket. Suits our new Chief very well.

Trucy looks...absolutely the same, except taller.

Ace Nobody

Are the screenshots with Edgeworth from a flashback case? I can't clearly see Egdy's glasses, or Nick's Clark Kent hair... thingy, or his gold chain...

Lord of procrastination

Oh man, oh man, oh man.
Since the day I finished Apollo Justice I secretly hoped for an opportunity for future!Phoenix and future!Edgeworth to talk to each other because I really wanted to know how Edgeworth would comment on Wright's disbarment and the whole fake evidence thing. I really hope they will have this type of conversation here. If not then at least about the main theme, the dark times of the juridical system.

On a side note, after bringing down international smuggling ring, and then dealing with the problems of GK2 it's no surprise that Edgeworth became the chief prosecutor - he deserved it.

Derper

Professor_Wright wrote:
Are the screenshots with Edgeworth from a flashback case? I can't clearly see Egdy's glasses, or Nick's Clark Kent hair... thingy, or his gold chain...

Phoenix definitely seems to be in his current outfit. Unsure about Edgeworth, but it's possible he doesn't wear glasses all the time.
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

I noticed a couple of things about Trucy straight away. Her magazine image is definitely different from the AJ Trucy, so I do assume we will be seeing the magician at 16, not just 15 again. Also, am I imagining things, or has there been a slight change to her outfit?

Athena Internet Defense Force

Oh...oh man...this game...

PokerJoker811 wrote:
Also, am I imagining things, or has there been a slight change to her outfit?

Looks the same for me:

Poké Maniac & Ace Attorney

GK does well in Japan, right? This is probably their way of updating Edgeworth and pulling him out of the "just after GS3" bit of the timeline.

We Japan could well get a GK3, set "just after GS5", with Older Edgeworth and Older Kay.

Ooh, and Older Franny and Older Gummy! I want to see that so, so much...

Poké Maniac & Ace Attorney

EDIT: Double post

Aaaaaaaaaand Trucy's magic undies return.

......yay?

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

This is amazing. Just, amazing.
Also, if they're teasing so much of this, are they just building us up to such a hyped state and just strikes us out with a Maya reveal? I expect a fandom detonation, overloaded Court Records servers and crying fans all over the place. Trucy's pupils are huge. :0

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Gettin' Old!

Aww geez I disappear for one night and all this happens.

Wow Edgeworth is back, I'm a little disappointed to see in-court he hardly looks different.

Though that is a sick longcoat in his art.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Ash wrote:
Edgeworth ahs become the chief prosecutor, it seems!

ミツルギ老けたわーwww

変わらないよ!

I should be happy, but the thought that Capcom was being just a bit too simple bugs me.

But this does explain why an ex-convict has become prosecutor again.

Re: CONFIRMED: Two major AA5 returning characters in FamitsuTopic%20Title

Apollo vs. Edgeworth would be pretty cool. I dont see Edgeworth losing to Apollo tho. Hopefully they have a cool way of implementing him into the story.
Page 1 of 2 [ 79 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes