Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 66 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

GS5 official site updatedTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

And hot on the heels of Famitsu, the official GS5 site has updated with full-quality art and screenshots showing off everything that was discussed in this week's article, including the two returning characters and case 2. There's also a new commercial for the game!

Some screenshots not showing off the returning characters:

Image Image Image Image Image

Check out the rest here:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/5/index.html
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: GS5 official site updatedTopic%20Title

Blah!

I notice a fairly graphic image of a guy stabbed with a spear on the website (under case 2). I guess things like that are causing the provisional PEGI-16 rating. I wonder if Capcom intends to censor it, or if this game might be rated M because of that.

Calling it now. Street Fighter's Vega is the murderer.

Phoenix is best

Sorry but can anyone translate the screenshots?

On Edgeworth's profile you can also see, that he puts his glasses in his pockets during the court scenes. Mystery solved! :keiko:

Otherwise the crime scene in case 2 really seems to be the bloodiest one.

Athena Internet Defense Force

Lusankya wrote:
On Edgeworth's profile you can also see, that he puts his glasses in his pockets during the court scenes. Mystery solved! :keiko:

Now that I can see that in the clear screenshot I can also make it out on the Famitsu scans.

Huh...was kinda hoping he'd use them in court. Maybe he puts them on if you talk to him outside of court.

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
Huh...was kinda hoping he'd use them in court. Maybe he puts them on if you talk to him outside of court.

It'd be cool if he were to wear them while he presents evidence or reads stuff. I guess they're reading glasses.

Gettin' Old!

Lusankya wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

It'd be cool if he were to wear them while he presents evidence or reads stuff. I guess they're reading glasses.

Bear in mind we've not seen his "holding a document" pose from ye old sprites converted to 3D yet. He only holds documents with one hand, he could easily hold his glasses to his eyes with his other.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Blah!

Profile translations over here.

http://nenilein.tumblr.com/post/5056886 ... -character

Art Person

I'm pumped for this game!
I can't believe the massive influx of information that's come out over the past 2 days, It's so much!

blahmoomoo wrote:

Thanks for the translation!

I might be jumping to conclusions here, but in the profile for the new detective it says: "He is paired off with Prosecutor Yugami in court". Sounds to me like we might still get Gumshoe in cases where Edgeworth is the prosecutor, if the prosecutors and detectives indeed come in sets.

We surely can't rule out neither Ema nor Gumshoe. For more than a year we didn't know if we would see Apollo again, now Trucy and Edgeworth were a total surprise and I am very sure there is still much we don't know at all, even in the first two cases.

Just a fellow PW fan!

I think detective/prosecutor combos would be great. I wouldn't mind the new detective so much if he were only paired with Jin, while Gumshoe pairs with Edgeworth. It would keep the cases a bit more fresh :)

Art Person

I was right!
Image Image

Kumabee stole Apollo's bracelet. (look at his left wrist in both screens)

Racing through the sky like a Missile

SuperAj3 wrote:
I was right!
Image Image

Kumabee stole Apollo's bracelet. (look at his left wrist in both screens)

I can't believe I just realized it, but his eyes are blackened. Given the amount of "bear" in his name, I have to wonder what sort of animal he's based on...

like a panda. He is a thieving panda. which is silly considering that pandas aren't known to be thieves

In any case, he is most definitely suspicious, but I doubt he's at the level of the villain(s) of case 2.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Programmer

His name tag is different in the two screenshots. Also, are you perhaps thinking of a tanoki (spelling?)? After all, it is a Japan folktale setting.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

The cape is self-fluttering

henke37 wrote:
His name tag is different in the two screenshots. Also, are you perhaps thinking of a tanoki (spelling?)? After all, it is a Japan folktale setting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Apollo (Odoroki) speaking in the second screenshot?
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Racing through the sky like a Missile

henke37 wrote:

What the heck, tanuki and bears are completely different. I can understand it better if he were based on a tanuki, though.

Unless he's like a tanuki in the way that he's disguising himself as a bear. Ooh, clever.

Adrian in black wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it Apollo (Odoroki) speaking in the second screenshot?

It is indeed Odoroki... talking about his horns.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I feel like that case is going to be difficult to localize if they want to keep up impressions this series isn't happening in Japan.

I personally bypass on that presumption since it makes so little sense to me so I won't be tweaked unless they explicitly say that the series happens in the US at some point in the game.

EDIT: Also I gotta know, is Edgeworth considered a "spoiler image"? Can I use his face if I'm revamping my sig?

Didn't they actually say in the English versions that it takes place in America? I'm not too sure about this but I think it was said at one point.

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
I feel like that case is going to be difficult to localize if they want to keep up impressions this series isn't happening in Japan.

They didn't try to keep up that impression during AA2 or AA3, so why would they now? :D

Gyakuten$aiban wrote:
EDIT: Also I gotta know, is Edgeworth considered a "spoiler image"? Can I use his face if I'm revamping my sig?

It's official information, so not a spoiler.

Lusankya wrote:
Gyakuten$aiban wrote:

They didn't try to keep up that impression during AA2 or AA3, so why would they now? :D

I figure since they're still changing all American characters into German characters, they're still pretending it takes place in America. Besides if they weren't keeping up that pretense, there'd be no point in changing the names.

Also, does anyone remember which game it was where there was a reference to Gumshoe living in Compton?

Lusankya wrote:
It's official information, so not a spoiler.

Heh, solid.

ashxu wrote:
Didn't they actually say in the English versions that it takes place in America? I'm not too sure about this but I think it was said at one point.

It takes place in "Los Angeles", last I heard. You know, since there are Shinto temples all through the mountains of the region I'm sure you could tell...

Personally I always say the game takes place in "The City". Presumably it's somewhere in Japan but it really doesn't matter since the cultural implications are mostly nil anyway. The English version has tried pretty hard to minimize the noticeable references to Japan but for some reason I think the localization team flatly said out of universe that the game is in LA.

Programmer

I thought that it was agreed upon that the game takes place in Japanifornia.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

I wonder what other old characters will make a appearence :adrian:

I'm not too optimistic that any other characters besides what's been already confirmed will make a return.

Gettin' Old!

ashxu wrote:
I'm not too optimistic that any other characters besides what's been already confirmed will make a return.

I think that's already a cool generous amount though, Edgeworth was the real gold.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I'm still peeved that everyone else just disappeared though.

100% whole grain, now with added fiber!

Even though the new characters and Edgey's return leave next to no room in the cast for them, I will be rather sad if Klavier and Ema are just dropped and forgotten with no adequate explanation. It would be nice to hear from Gumshoe too; I can see him working as more of a background character, like as a replacement for the Chief.
ImageImage

Gettin' Old!

ashxu wrote:
I'm still peeved that everyone else just disappeared though.

Everyone else? Define everyone else?

All the real important folks from Apollo Justice are coming back, namely Apollo and Trucy. Sure the main villains disappeared but that's not surprising its the norm.

Edgeworth is back which is more than we expected, Phoenix is freaking defending again.

It's more than expected considering they coulda just done Apollo Justice 2 and left Phoenix out or done it with Phoenix retconning Trucy and Apollo out like they never happened.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Maya and Gumshoe mainly. Gumshoe always got himself assigned to cases Wright was on and now he's just gone.

I guess Maya could of went back to train as a spirit medium but that's a cheap explanation.

Gettin' Old!

ashxu wrote:
Maya and Gumshoe mainly. Gumshoe always got himself assigned to cases Wright was on and now he's just gone.

I guess Maya could of went back to train as a spirit medium but that's a cheap explanation.

XP Were you one of those folks who was raging at Apollo Justice because it put the other characters away?

It's hardly a cheap explanation, she still held her spiritual roots close to her heart and she was technically the master of Kurain now so she had a bunch of new responsibilities and expectations placed on her at the end of T&T. It's why I assume she never appeared, too busy growing up.

Though if Edgeworth is in it I'm not sure I'd rule out Gumshoe yet.

Hell this is the AAI team working on it and they are the king of cameos you might even get your Maya and Gumshoe but they can hardly afford to reveal ALL their cards right now after all.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

ashxu wrote:

Except he was assigned to Phoenix's one case in AJ and it's not like Gumshoe is the only detective at the precinct. ._. I know this is Gumshoe we're talking about, but the poor guy at least deserves a promotion within the past seven years. I'd be sad if he still lives on instant noodles.

Also why does everything have to be about Phoenix? 4-4 already had so much going on and Maya would feel so out of place in the storyline.

Fun Fact: Gumshoe appears in the most cases more than any AA character.

Auburnsun wrote:
Maya would feel so out of place in the storyline.

You don't even know what the storyline is yet and there's a case taking place at a spirit festival.

Maya is Phoenix's closest friend. Her not being back to at least congratulate him on clearing his name would is what would be so out of place.

Auburnsun wrote:
ashxu wrote:

Except he was assigned to Phoenix's one case in AJ and it's not like Gumshoe is the only detective at the precinct. ._. I know this is Gumshoe we're talking about, but the poor guy at least deserves a promotion within the past seven years. I'd be sad if he still lives on instant noodles.

"The reason Gumshoe seems to be the only working detective through the series is because he uses his "powers of persuasion" to get himself assigned to many cases."
http://www.court-records.net/chara-gumshoe.htm

It really wouldn't be farfetched to see him assign himself to Wright's cases again.

Gettin' Old!

nevertalk wrote:
Auburnsun wrote:

You don't even know what the storyline is yet and there's a case taking place at a spirit festival.

Maya is Phoenix's closest friend. Her not being back to at least congratulate him on clearing his name would is what would be so out of place.

Perhaps she did already offscreen.
AJ already showed she kept contact with him but perhaps she's just too busy for a direct appearence.
Not that it's not likely they'll put her in the spirit festival (it would be kind of fitting) but I just think they've got enough returning characters already for me to feel happy and if they keep putting more in it'll derail the plot somewhat (much like AAI's incessant cameos did).

Additionally Phoenix and Maya met in August 2016.
Maya then left sometime before April 2019 (presumably why she didn't show up in his case where he got disbarred). Three years they knew each other.

Trucy was then picked up in May 2019 and so far has been living with Phoenix for at least 7 years. She was the only person he really had to help him get through those times and indeed they work in tandem to keep living together.

Trucy is arguably his best friend now.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Well Phoenix did quite a lot for Maya, I doubt they're just simple friends. Even Ema Skye remembered Phoenix and they only met for a short while.

Gettin' Old!

ashxu wrote:
Well Phoenix did quite a lot for Maya, I doubt they're just simple friends. Even Ema Skye remembered Phoenix and they only met for a short while.

Yeah he rescued her sister from prison or worse of course she'd remember.

He also did a lot for Trucy, he saved her from a poor childhood in an orphanage without a father or soul to care for her.
Plus you need to consider what people do for Phoenix as well. Maya provides occasional comic relief, a link to his mentor and a one-time shield against tasers.

Trucy helps pull Phoenix out of a slump by giving him someone to care for. She teaches him the skills needed to do his job (by teaching him how to spot tells) therefore keeping him out of poverty. Hell she even goes out to work at a young age in a bar at night to earn money to keep their home.

A lot of the relationship may not have been onscreen but Phoenix and Trucy have been through a lot together.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The cape is self-fluttering

Pierre wrote:
nevertalk wrote:
Auburnsun wrote:

Perhaps she did already offscreen.
AJ already showed she kept contact with him but perhaps she's just too busy for a direct appearence.
Not that it's not likely they'll put her in the spirit festival (it would be kind of fitting) but I just think they've got enough returning characters already for me to feel happy and if they keep putting more in it'll derail the plot somewhat (much like AAI's incessant cameos did).

Additionally Phoenix and Maya met in August 2016.
Maya then left sometime before April 2019 (presumably why she didn't show up in his case where he got disbarred). Three years they knew each other.

Trucy was then picked up in May 2019 and so far has been living with Phoenix for at least 7 years. She was the only person he really had to help him get through those times and indeed they work in tandem to keep living together.

Trucy is arguably his best friend now.

You know, this is exactly why AJ gets on people's tits. Nothing against Trucy, and I know they had their own little thing going for seven years. But saying she was his "only" light during his dark days is an insult to all those friendships he established/reestablished during those three years. He did so much for his friends, and they reciprocated, and yet once he lost his badge, we're supposed to believe not a single one of them knew how to pick up a phone? It's as though to establish any kind of relationship with Trucy, we were supposed to pretend that none of Phoenix's friends ever existed. And Phoenix, Trucy, Phoenix's friends...they all deserve better than that.

But I just keep telling myself that the people who wrote 4-4 just don't know how to write Phoenix very well (or as well as they could), so maybe they only "revealed" what they thought was important for AJ, and that maybe somebody did talk to him during those dark days. And we did get "noodle stand visit" and "Samurai DVDs" ... sort of. Mention mention mention mention. When Phoenix is down on his luck, that would be the time to make a mention, not seven years down the road, and vaguely, to a rookie attorney who has no reason to care about it. Seriously, they just handled that so badly. :Godot-object: All right, I'm done.

As for Maya, it wouldn't bother me if she wasn't involved in a case, though with Phoenix back in action, a mention would be nice. A spirit festival sounds like it might call for her involvement, even if it does happen offscreen. Of course, it might be handled by a branch of the Fey family instead, since Maya is busy being Master.

Cameos are fine as long as they aren't drawn out, or wasted by characters like Mike Meekins.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

Just even a mention would be nice. Maybe a "What happened to your assistant in your rookie days" where Wright would respond "Oh she's the Master of the Fey clan right now so she's pretty busy".

At least acknowledge they exist for gods sake.

Maybe even at a visit to the police station, you can see Gumshoe's coat hung over a chair with a half eaten bowl of Instant Ramen on his desk would be nice. It would at least show that they're okay and going on with life.
Page 1 of 2 [ 66 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes