Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 58 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Level-5 is working towards a PLvsAA release in EU/USTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

It's not a formal announcement, nor is it a guarantee, but it looks like Level-5 is moving forward on a European release of Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney. Speaking at the Japan Expo, a French convention dedicated to Japanese pop culture, Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino had this to say on the possibility of the game seeing release in France:

Quote:
Quelque chose est en train de se faire mais je ne peux pas vous en dire plus aujourd'hui. Soyez patient.

Translation wrote:
Something's in the works, but I can't talk about it today. Please be patient.

Here's hoping that things work out and players in all languages can enjoy the mysteries of Labyrinth City!

UPDATE: Looks like Level-5 America's getting in on it as well! From Level-5 America's facebook:

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
PLvsAA will come to France - Japan expo 2013Topic%20Title

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013 ... 68202.html

Quote:
日野氏はカプコンとのコラボレーションで制作された『レイトン教授VS逆転裁判』についてもフランスでの発売に向け制作を進めていると明言。
Hino(Level-5 CEO) said clearly that PLvsAA would be released in France.

Bolt Stormと被ってしまった・・・・ このtopicは削除してください。
日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.
Re: PLvsAA will come to France - Japan expo 2013Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

同時にポストしちゃった!スレを一つにしました。

が、いつもの通り、ありがとうございます!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Bolt Storm wrote:
同時にポストしちゃった!スレを一つにしました。

が、いつもの通り、ありがとうございます!

thanks!
I hope that English ver. will be released. I can't understand French...
日本在住の日本人。
I'm Japanese and I live in Japan. English is difficult for me.

Last edited by JapaneseGIRL on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Level-5 is working towards a PLvsAA release in EuropeTopic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

This is exciting! If it's coming to France then I would assume that it's coming to the UK, since Layton is HUGE there, and I can't imagine that they would translate a full English version and not bring it to the US in some form. So this news probably means an English version will eventually be coming!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Blah!

Good. Maybe people can finally stop worrying about the NA release, since they'd be mad to bring it to Europe but not NA.

Offhand or not, it's something.

Fate Testarossa

Oh. That's certainly some good news if this makes it Stateside. (Though, I highly doubt they'd release it in Europe, but not in NA.)

Thanks for the tidbit Bolt~

Fate is made by クロス

世界中

This looks promising! I think if it comes to France it'll come to the UK as well!

Gettin' Old!

ADA McCoy wrote:
This is exciting! If it's coming to France then I would assume that it's coming to the UK, since Layton is HUGE there, and I can't imagine that they would translate a full English version and not bring it to the US in some form. So this news probably means an English version will eventually be coming!

:yuusaku: They didn't with Last Window, visual novels aren't as big in the US.

I remember hearing an infamous review of FF7 when it was first out that complained about it having so many words and reading to less gameplay.

However even if it doesn't get English...I think I could TRY French I have a grasp of that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

I remember hearing an infamous review of FF7 when it was first out that complained about it having so many words and reading to less gameplay.

However even if it doesn't get English...I think I could TRY French I have a grasp of that.

I thought that had more to do with the end of CiNG rather than localization issues And Layton and AA are both bigger franchises than Hotel dusk was.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Gettin' Old!

ADA McCoy wrote:
Pierre wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

I thought that had more to do with the end of CiNG rather than localization issues And Layton and AA are both bigger franchises than Hotel dusk was.

Perhaps then I hope that's the case.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Haha, no way in hell they would translate it into French but not into English. It's either English only or Multi 5 in Europe.

迷探偵

JapaneseGIRL wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:
同時にポストしちゃった!スレを一つにしました。

が、いつもの通り、ありがとうございます!

thanks!
I hope that English ver. will be released. I can't understand French...

フラ語を勉強するきかっけにすりゃ?w
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Would be amazing if they do have a English release for it they need to realize the importance of sales here in America and the more money they can make for games that we really want like AAI2 :yuusaku:

Let's Player...kinda

You know I was thinking of something right now. As a French Fan of AA, it's very bizarre to see that Level-5, who done this cross-over listen MORE the fans than Capcom for a Multi-5 Release.

By the way, the protest for the Multi-5 AA 5 for Europe is still growing because a English Only version of this game will make the recent fans of AA who are scared/didn't understand well English to not buy the game.
I seriously hope that if that game is confirmed to be localized, AA 5 would be. Or CAPCOM is very dumb.

Game On

YEAH! :gant-jazz:
This makes me very very happy! This practically confirms the game for localization for the UK and for NA!
But this does make me wonder, when do they plan to officially announce the game is being localized and more importantly when would they plan to release the game. :eh?:
Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil

Prosecutor

TheBaronAndEma wrote:
This looks promising! I think if it comes to France it'll come to the UK as well!

Oh! Great news!
If it comes in France and UK, then it will come in Italy too!
Pwwww.....
Spoiler:
Ahahahahahah! I made a joke.

No seriously. Finally someone who translates some game!
Spoiler:

Good job, Level-5!

元・超会社員級の管理人

Level-5's American Facebook page has acknowledged the comment. It's looking promising!

Wooster wrote:

Fate Testarossa

Heh. That's nice. Hopefully this does mean that this will come Stateside as well~

Fate is made by クロス

What did he do this time...?

Yes!! PL vs AA all the way! In NA and EU! Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!! :karma:
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Gettin' Old!

Bolt Storm wrote:
Level-5's American Facebook page has acknowledged the comment. It's looking promising!

This is certainly big news ^_^

I mean I always had some issues with the model quality for this game (being his first jaunt in 3D) but damn that was before I thought with confidence we'd actually get this =D.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Bolt Storm wrote:

This is pretty big; I don't think they would acknowledge it at all if they didn't plan to bring it to the US. Awesome!
Re: Level-5 is working towards a PLvsAA release in EU/USTopic%20Title

...Hopefully someday... xD

There is still hope?! Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh YEAH!
I was kinda letting my dreams of playing this to go but now...Excited again!
Well..I guess nothing is confirmed or set for stone yet but...Just let me dream at least!
ImageImageImageImage

ADA McCoy wrote:
Pierre wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

That is certainly true. The Layton series had 5 games, a sixth one for 2014, an iOS spinoff game released in America. The Ace attorney Franchise had 4 main games, one spinoff (not the second on though), and a soon to be released fifth main game released in America. That also, does not count the Wiiware and iOS ports which also made the trip. This is not even remotely comparable to Cing. That is not to say that the game is guaranteed to be released in the West but I would not use Hotel Dusk to make that case.

I've never played a Layton game...are they any good? Is this crossover any good? 'Cause if it is...this is good news.

Thane wrote:
I've never played a Layton game...are they any good? Is this crossover any good? 'Cause if it is...this is good news.

Yes. Start with Curious Village, and then play the four other games.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Thane wrote:

Alright I'll check it out. But what's with the crossover? I saw one trial about a witch but I didn't understand any more than that - are the cases here any good?

Why do I feel like a noob for asking questions?

This is so much better than the complete silence we were getting earlier. Finally something to be hopeful about!

Godot's the Man

Thane wrote:
Thane wrote:

Alright I'll check it out. But what's with the crossover? I saw one trial about a witch but I didn't understand any more than that - are the cases here any good?

Why do I feel like a noob for asking questions?

The Layton games are all about solving puzzles, so what they did with the crossover is combine the two different types of gameplay. So there are trial sequences, and investigation sequences. In the trial ones you obviously play as Wright, pointing out flaws and contradictions in peoples testimonies, while in the investigation sequences you play as Layton, interviewing townspeople and solving puzzles.

Quote:
But what's with the crossover?

The Professor Layton series was loosely built off of Ace Attorney. Layton was created with Phoenix Wright in mind.
So for the creators, it was only natural to have a crossover.

Quote:
The Layton games are all about solving puzzles, so what they did with the crossover is combine the two different types of gameplay. So there are trial sequences, and investigation sequences. In the trial ones you obviously play as Wright, pointing out flaws and contradictions in peoples testimonies, while in the investigation sequences you play as Layton, interviewing townspeople and solving puzzles.

We also get to see Phoenix object to puzzles (and solve them, I believe). Layton also gets to be in court next to Phoenix sometimes.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Danchat wrote:
Quote:
But what's with the crossover?

The Professor Layton series was loosely built off of Ace Attorney. Layton was created with Phoenix Wright in mind.
So for the creators, it was only natural to have a crossover.

Quote:

We also get to see Phoenix object to puzzles (and solve them, I believe). Layton also gets to be in court next to Phoenix sometimes.

Ah, only in this universe can incredibly unqualified people just do whatever they please.

Bringing a 9-year-old to a murder site? Why?

Oh you know, she's my assistant.

My name is Judge.

Level-5 is usually not a colossal screw-up when it comes to localizations and listening to fans, they're one of the best gaming companies out there.

Thane wrote:

Here's just another alternate opinion: you should try and start with professor layton and the curious Village, but if you don't like it/get bored then try professor layton and the last specter. It has a much better and more detailed story and the puzzles are less obnoxious. Also it's chronologically the first story in the series so you don't have to worry about starting in a weird spot.

I tried curious village and hated it, then switched to the prequels and think they're great, so it worked for me.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

ADA McCoy wrote:
Thane wrote:

Here's just another alternate opinion: you should try and start with professor layton and the curious Village, but if you don't like it/get bored then try professor layton and the last specter. It has a much better and more detailed story and the puzzles are less obnoxious. Also it's chronologically the first story in the series so you don't have to worry about starting in a weird spot.

I tried curious village and hated it, then switched to the prequels and think they're great, so it worked for me.

I never played Curious Village, but i played Pandora's Box and Unwound Future and really enjoyed them, but i wouldn't go back and play CV myself just yet, as it looks very different. The thing is, you don't need to know much from the first game to enjoy the others, but you could always wiki the first game.

Programmer

You should play the trilogies in order. But which one to start with doesn't really matter. But my favorite so far has to be Unwound Future, the trilogy closer. Perfect pacing, more than enough story, a great story and great puzzles. But you should finish the first two in the trilogy first.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Quote:

Yeah, I tried it and it was OK....
So basically when I heard PL vs AA was coming, I figured I should play the PL series. So on the day Miracle Mask came out I bought it....so....
Order I played the series in: Curious Village - Miracle Mask - Last Specter - Diabolical Box - Unwound Future
Don't forget about the movie! If you can, watch it between the Last Specter and Miracle Mask.

I recommend you start at the beginning of either trilogy.

Quote:
You should play the trilogies in order. But which one to start with doesn't really matter. But my favorite so far has to be Unwound Future, the trilogy closer. Perfect pacing, more than enough story, a great story and great puzzles. But you should finish the first two in the trilogy first.

Agreed. It's easily the best in the series.
Turnabout Destiny

Curious Village looks different because it was handled by a different animation studio. I thought it was the most difficult of the series (the some of the Layton's Challenges in Diabolical Box were really maddening). The story is a charming little tale very reminiscent of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective mysteries. Diabolical Box was probably the weakest in my opinion. It had a great mystery, but the ending was a bit lackluster. Still, an excellent game all around. Like everyone else, Unwound Future is my favorite, especially in regards to its deep story and backstories of the characters. The narrative really took me by surprise, though I spoiled it by watching the Japanese cutscenes. I remember that I was about 12 years old, and I really wanted the game to come out of Japan. I literally checked online every week. :keiko:

The Last Specter was also great, though after the spectacular ending of Unwound Future; I wasn't AS hyped for it. Still, it's a good story and prequels are always hard to do with any series. Miracle Mask I haven't played since I don't have a 3DS, but it still looks like a fresh change from the series. I'm guessing that the upcoming Azran Legacy is going to tie everything together.

Quote:
I literally checked online every week. :keiko:

The Last Specter was also great, though after the spectacular ending of Unwound Future; I wasn't AS hyped for it. Still, it's a good story and prequels are always hard to do with any series. Miracle Mask I haven't played since I don't have a 3DS, but it still looks like a fresh change from the series. I'm guessing that the upcoming Azran Legacy is going to tie everything together.

I check online every day hoping PL vs AA is going to be localized. :godot:

You need to get a 3DS. You won't be able to play Dual Destinies and the Prof. Layton games! Miracle Mask ranks second in my favorite PL game.
The Azran Legacy looks good... I wonder if it will edge out The Unwound Future for the best PL game.
Turnabout Destiny

Quote:
I check online every day hoping PL vs AA is going to be localized. :godot:

You need to get a 3DS. You won't be able to play Dual Destinies and the Prof. Layton games! Miracle Mask ranks second in my favorite PL game.
The Azran Legacy looks good... I wonder if it will edge out The Unwound Future for the best PL game.

Yeah, I know. My birthday's in October, so hopefully I can get one by then. Compared to a lot of other electronics, 3DS XLs aren't THAT expensive. Plus, the price will probably have gone down by the time October rolls around. My local Best Buy always cuts the price to $178 from time to time.

I've also really wanted to play Virtue's Last Reward. 999 was a masterpiece! I've been hoping that Level 5 will localize Time Travelers. That game looks amazing, but since it's a visual novel; I highly doubt we'll be seeing it outside of Japan. Oh well, at least the Japanese isn't too hard. The soundtrack probably has one of the most beautiful themes in video games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF6wn5RdpP8

なるほどうドンペン:ド議あり!‮

I think it's a good sign when they include the question on a slide in their presentation.
Ace Attorney Radioplays: An archive
Ace Attorney Shirts: Cool GS/AA shirt designs
Page 1 of 2 [ 58 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes