Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)

Page 4 of 4[ 159 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Turnabout Bigtop was f***in amazing!Topic%20Title

Wotter boy

Well it's a circus case! It's supposed to be odd!

BuddyFaith wrote:
Well it's a circus case! It's supposed to be odd!

This. Sure some of the characters were a bit annoying, but in all honesty I actually really liked Regina and Ben and Trilo. Even Max. But I didn't really like Moe that much. But anyways, Big Top was awesome, and my favourite filler case out of all the filler cases in PW.
"Having a place to go — is a home. Having someone to love — is a family. Having both — is a blessing."

whut?

^ It was certainly the most memorable filler case.

earthlings on fire

It was one of those cases that I loved to hate. I play it again randomly just for the lulz when I feel like playing a case that isn't too emotionally heavy like so many of them are.
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow

This is one of my favorite cases. I love the music, the characters, the story, the investigation... pretty much everything. The only thing for me that got a bit annoying was cross-examining Moe and Trilo. Especially Trilo because he annoyed me all the time. But other than that, I really love the ending! :regina: I don't get why a lot of people dislike it.
Thank you to PandaPrinzessin for the awesome signature(:
Daughter of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5 and sister of SomariFeyWright, Game Over, and >Mario<

Procrastinator.

The only case that I didn't rely on a FAQ :acro:
Well actually I don't like to use FAQs but most of the time I get to unconfident about my answers I go gamefaqs orz
Koishi x Flandre.

I've never understood the hate for this case, either. I quite liked it.

I know right? I have noticed that a lot of people don't really like the filler cases, but I love them! Maybe its because they aren't really connected with the main characters but I dont know why people dislike them so much..
Thank you to PandaPrinzessin for the awesome signature(:
Daughter of ToonBlade and Franzika Von ehmpke5 and sister of SomariFeyWright, Game Over, and >Mario<

Ace Sidekick!

I thought case 3 was loads of fun, and I liked the ending because it was different.
I also enjoyed ALL the characters for one reason or another. And I may be the only one who thinks this but I DON'T think Regina is a Mary Sue. (Personally I'm tired of the Mary Sue concept being thrown around everywhere.)

It was an okay case - and I suppose the only one with a somewhat sympathetic murderer in it.
I'm not saying what he did (or attempted to do) was right, nor well thought out, but he seemed to be the only one who really regretted what he had done. Granted, he hadn't done his plan the way it was supposed to - but I think that he would've felt regret, if he had managed to go through with it.

I personally didn't pay that much attention to the Ben-duo, I somewhat like some of Moe's terrible puns (although I still think Phoenix' "weapon of bowel destruction" is funnier than "Café-Teary-Eye") although I have to say... Regina's lack of common sense is really too hard for me to take.

An okay case, but despite its setting and story and all, it felt weird.
Like, nothing really connected with each other...

C-A

Let it go and move it move it

I really liked this case. I enjoyed Moe's jokes, they even made me laugh out loud at times, although it was more likely I was laughing at Phoenix xD. However, I did find Ben and Trilo very annoying and it was a pain talking to them.

I'm not sure how I felt about the ending, which is a good thing as it gets you thinking. Should I feel sad? Did he get what he deserved? What was going through Acro's mind when he was committing the murder? Questions like these are what makes a case interesting.
Within Temptation

Lucy wrote:
I'm not sure how I felt about the ending, which is a good thing as it gets you thinking. Should I feel sad? Did he get what he deserved? What was going through Acro's mind when he was committing the murder? Questions like these are what makes a case interesting.

That last question can be asked about any killer, pretty much.
With Matt, well, he didn't do it, but we know why he did it - Shelly killed and didn't think about it, simply cause "It's a job". I believe Acro didn't really think and never let go with his brother's accident. If he had, he would've realized that it really was nothing more than an accident.
Yeah Regina did something that made the accident happen, but Bat is the moron who tried to impress her that way....

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

There is something about this case that I noticed after playing this case the second time.

Russel Berry sheltered Regina and made her believe that the circus is a way of life and when people die they turn into stars. Russel adopted Acro and Bat when they were children, but...Why aren't Acro and Bat sheltered? :lana:

Probably because they remember their parents and said parents having taught them different things? I only played this case once, but I think Acro and Bat were adopted when Acro was nine? Or am I confusing that with Edgey's adoption age?

C-A

Ace Sidekick!

CatMuto wrote:
Probably because they remember their parents and said parents having taught them different things? I only played this case once, but I think Acro and Bat were adopted when Acro was nine? Or am I confusing that with Edgey's adoption age?

C-A

I can't really remember myself. :/

You know, a Mario game!

I think that the sole reason people dislike this case was because of the Moe cross examination. Most people usually press every statement during a cross examination before they actually try to present evidence. However, this time you actually have to THINK about which statements are suspicious. If you think about it, every third case in the series can be considered "filler" as they don't usually have much to do with the plot.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Doesn't scream into DS microphones.

The story in 2-3 was well done, as always. My biggest problems with the case come from the gameplay.

First off is the cross examining of...certain witnesses. Mostly Moe, who has arguably been the most frustrating witness to cross examine, probably even more so than Lamiroir. The fact that I get penalized for his stupid jokes just made it all the worse.

Secondly, and the biggest issue, is the huge leaps in logic in the case. Going from having no clue what the murder weapon was to suddenly figuring out it was the bust. Figuring out that Max's cape just flipped over and happened to land on the bust. So on and so forth.
"I can't go to hell, little weirdo. I'm all out of vacation days."

Ace Sidekick!

Case 2-3 is one of my favorites and I like it better than case 3-5.

Mostly because Turnabout Bigtop made me think.

Quote:
The story in 2-3 was well done, as always. My biggest problems with the case come from the gameplay.

...what story? That thing didn't have a story. Or do you mean the story behind the murder?
I thought that was a pretty dumb story. After all...

Spoiler: murderer's story
Acro's whole reason for wanting to kill Regina was absolutely dumb. Especially since he has known her for a long time and knows how she doesn't think, so he should be quite aware that a piece of paper calling her "U R A MYYYRDURRUUUUUUUURRR~!!" would not make her think what she might have done.
I don't feel sorry for Acro. I feel sorry that he almost lost his brother. But past that, because he wouldn't let go of what was OBVIOUSLY a total accident is his own fault. Also, Berry is an idiot for thinking he's a murderer for shooting the lion. Yes, he's an ass for doing that, but sadly that is what gets done to animals at times and those circumstances. What doesn't make sense is why he never figured out about the damn pepper.

C-A

You know, a Mario game!

CatMuto wrote:
It was an okay case - and I suppose the only one with a somewhat sympathetic murderer in it.
I'm not saying what he did (or attempted to do) was right, nor well thought out, but he seemed to be the only one who really regretted what he had done. Granted, he hadn't done his plan the way it was supposed to - but I think that he would've felt regret, if he had managed to go through with it.

I personally didn't pay that much attention to the Ben-duo, I somewhat like some of Moe's terrible puns (although I still think Phoenix' "weapon of bowel destruction" is funnier than "Café-Teary-Eye") although I have to say... Regina's lack of common sense is really too hard for me to take.

An okay case, but despite its setting and story and all, it felt weird.
Like, nothing really connected with each other...

C-A

The only one with a somewhat sympathetic murderer? I thought Yanni Yogi was sympathetic....
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

dimentiorules wrote:
The only one with a somewhat sympathetic murderer? I thought Yanni Yogi was sympathetic....

Eh, Yogi decided to remain wherever he was and not move on with his life. And it is possible to move on from something like that, even if your reputation is 'ruined'. So he decided to wallow in his own misery for 15 years instead of do something else.
Acro had at least a semi-decent emotional reason. At least his wasn't an 'old wound' that he kept nurturing for years on end.

C-A

Composer, thinker, talker

I can agree that it was a great case, and I wasn't particularly annoyed with any of the characters. Only thing I noticed that made Big Top stand out among others was that I figured out what had happened way before the game sort of assumed I would. This led to me being a bit bored with the second half.

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

B-Man99 wrote:
I can agree that it was a great case, and I wasn't particularly annoyed with any of the characters. Only thing I noticed that made Big Top stand out among others was that I figured out what had happened way before the game sort of assumed I would. This led to me being a bit bored with the second half.

I agree with you there for the most part, I did find Trilo Quist an annoying little dummy, but other than that I thought the case was actually quite solid, it certainly isn't the GREATEST but it's not the worst either (I'm going to give that honor in my book to the first case in Justice For All, I'm surprised people don't talk about it more)

B-Man99 wrote:

Well it's rather easy to figure out, since the murderer is nowhere to be seen during the first section. When the one circus member who hasn't been mentioned yet has been mentioned, yeah, you figure out he's the killer. Method of selection, if it wasn't Ben, Regina, Max or Moe, it has to be Acro.

I've said it before, I think, I don't think Big Top is terrible. I was pretty frustrated with the case when I LP'd it, although it never bugged me that much before. I guess it was the necessity of voicing everyone that got to me. Then again, I still think Acro's reason to want to murder Regina is dumb. He's been with the circus for years, I'm sure he's seen her grow up, you'd think he would've figured out that Regina never means bad and doesn't even understand the proper consequences.

Quote:
(I'm going to give that honor in my book to the first case in Justice For All, I'm surprised people don't talk about it more)

Probably because it's an introduction case, so it being terrible in quality and obvious and dumb as shit is kind of a given.

C-A

"Eggs?"

See, the thing is, when I first played this case I didn't react that much at the ending. Recently, I replayed this case, and at the ending I found myself tearing up a little. Was it because of Regina? Acro? Bat? Maybe even Moe? I have no idea why I started crying. :acro:
I AM BACK KIDDOS AND I'M WATCHING YOU

For me, tumblr is more easily accessible on a day to day basis, so if you REALLY want to, go there. :think:
OR if you want to, message me and I'll send you my Discord!!

To be honest I think Acro is one of the least sympathetic murderers in the series. I thought Mimi was more well done in that regard, even though she showed no remorse for her actions

So, I have a question about Acro.
Spoiler:
Why is it that he's considered one of the best and most sympathetic murderers in the series? I mean, I love him as much as the next guy, but I'm so confused on this matter. He was planning on murdering a 16 year old girl in cold blood over an accident. If he succeeded, there's no way in hell he'd be near as sympathetic

Your Honor! There is a contradiction!

TaylorHyuuga wrote:
Spoiler:
Why is it that he's considered one of the best and most sympathetic murderers in the series? I mean, I love him as much as the next guy, but I'm so confused on this matter. He was planning on murdering a 16 year old girl in cold blood over an accident. If he succeeded, there's no way in hell he'd be near as sympathetic

It's mostly due to how he and his brother got hurt after the fateful accident, add to that their parents abandoned them, and how pretty much everyone hates the rest of the cast.
You get a perfect recipe for sympathetic.

shippersdreamer wrote:
TaylorHyuuga wrote:
Spoiler:

It's mostly due to how he and his brother got hurt after the fateful accident, add to that their parents abandoned them, and how pretty much everyone hates the rest of the cast.

Spoiler:
But even then, people who like every other character of this case think he's sympathetic, and he still tried to kill a 16 year old girl in cold blood over an accident. Seriously, I love this guy, I think he's one of the most sympathetic Ace Attorney characters, but he really shouldn't be. It's so hard trying to explain this :meekins:

Spoiler:
I think part of the reason is that everyone hates said 16 year old girl,too.

Signature loading, please wait...

The video game boy; the one who wins

Spoiler:
I think he's one of the most meh killers. His story was sad but I can't really care for it, and I find myself symphatizing more with people not as... "symphatetic" than with him.

(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

shippersdreamer wrote:
TaylorHyuuga wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
He attempted to kill the only daughter of his greatest and most respected man in his life; and essentially father. The only man left in his family really. So even more so then, Regina is practically his sister. So he essentially attempted to kill his sister who accidentally killed her own "brother" and was griefing in her own way. Not so sympathetic now. eh?
That said, I still really like this case and I do like the unique dynamic with Acro... He definitely isn't like any other antagonist we've seen...

Objection!

I personally love this case as well! I remember playing it as a little girl, and loving the story behind it all! And what a twist ending,
Spoiler:
I never would have thought that the murderer would be Acro.

I especially loved the character, Regina Berry. She's so cute, and I felt so bad about what happened to her father.

Spoiler:
The story with Bat, revealed at the end, was one of the best, I find, of Justice For All. I think I actually teared up!

:acro: :acro:
Huh!? Hey! You can't just go saying "pal" like that! That's MY endearing character trait!- Dick Gumshoe

The video game boy; the one who wins

I find the entire case to be quite meh. it's mostly memorable because pretty much all of the new characters in it are so damn annoying. Actually, Phoenix is what makes this case for me. He's got so many hilarious moments (almost wrote "moements") and his inner monologue is spot on.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)

bOIng!

I'm replaying this case at the moment. I like it, it's special in its own way, but some characters literally piss me off. Moe's laughter haunts me in my dreams. Seriously.

[Whip the cream!]

I just replayed it. I find it a bit meh, but it has its cute moments, and Phoenix and Maya's interactions as well as Phoenix inner monologues are great. I find it adorable that Maya takes such a liking to Regina and Moe. I definitely find the new characters annoying, but still, I actually like Moe. He's annoying as hell at times, but I like how kind and dedicated he is, that there's something more than just the silly, obnoxious clown (even though I'm happy for him that he's enjoying himself as much as he does).
Spoiler:
Acro, Acro... I was so bored with him and I can't sympathize with him. Sure, you loved your brother. Of course you did, and of course you were extremely spiteful, that's natural enough. But to actually trying to murder a teen and in such a brutal way, a teen who also happens to be the beloved daughter of the ringmaster that Acro says he loves so much. He lost a loved one and will never recover from that. Did it even occur to him that the very same thing would happen to the ringmaster, that his life would be ruined too?

Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

A Kirby and AA fan

WaitingforGodot wrote:
I find it a bit meh, but it has its cute moments, and Phoenix and Maya's interactions as well as Phoenix inner monologues are great.

I actually was constantly bothered by Phoenix's inner monologue. He didn't seem sarcastic anymore but instead just came off as bitchy and hateful in this case. It just seemed really off

Happy Maria

Great story,and even characters,but mediocre/terrible gameplay and mystery.

Poor Acro, all he wanted was little revenge. I teared up myself!
Page 4 of 4 [ 159 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Kurain (GS2)