Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gyakuten Saiban 5 file sizeTopic%20Title

I play videogames.

According to INSIDE, the download version of Gyakuten Saiban 5 is

580MB
4648 Blocks
Game has 2 Save Slots
(already public knowledge)

The download card for GS5 has a different illustration than the retail version. It uses the image used at the top of the official homepage.

Source

Thanks to hoso_boso for sharing the info.
Image Image Image

Last edited by SeanHK on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: GS5/DD file sizeTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bumping to front page for those interested.

Time to go check how much room I've got on my card...
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

SeanHK wrote:
According to INSIDE, the download version of Gyakuten Saiban 5/Dual Destinies is

580MB
4648 Blocks
Game has 2 Save Slots
(already public knowledge)

The download card for GS5 has a different illustration than the retail version. It uses the image used at the top of the official homepage.

Source

Thanks to hoso_boso for sharing the info.

Is that the actual size for both the Japanese and English release?

Blah!

Considering that's a Japanese magazine reporting, that's the size of the Japanese release. I doubt the English version would be much different in size though, unless they decide to release with dual audio. And even then it wouldn't be too much bigger.

I play videogames.

blahmoomoo wrote:
Considering that's a Japanese magazine reporting, that's the size of the Japanese release. I doubt the English version would be much different in size though, unless they decide to release with dual audio. And even then it wouldn't be too much bigger.

I'm thinking the same way but I'll change the title just to play it safe. Can't see it being much different though.
Image Image Image

blahmoomoo wrote:

Ah i see and i wouldn't mind if they did but dual audio for the English release i prefer the Japanese voices to the English ones its just a pet peeve of mines but if they do put dual audio what you think would be the difference in sizes using actual memory space?
Re: Gyakuten Saiban 5 file sizeTopic%20Title

Fate Testarossa

*checks 3DS*
Yay, I have plenty of room left~

Fate is made by クロス

I play videogames.

Prosecutor Yuugami wrote:
Ah i see and i wouldn't mind if they did but dual audio for the English release i prefer the Japanese voices to the English ones its just a pet peeve of mines but if they do put dual audio what you think would be the difference in sizes using actual memory space?

It's pretty much impossible to guess the file size (if it were to have dual-audio) since we don't even know how much voice-over work there is in the Japanese version.
Image Image Image

Last edited by SeanHK on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blah!

blahmoomoo wrote:

Eh, the vocals probably don't use up more than 50 MB, both in-game and video. And if they do, it's definitely no more than 100 MB, because there's been no indication that there's heavy voice acting work in this game (way more than before, sure). So add that to the Japanese size and that's what you get.

I honestly don't care if they do dual audio or not, as long as the English voice acting is at least decent. For example, VLR had good voice actors and, therefore, I played through all of it in English (except when I was speeding though it to recover the 23 hours I lost due to the save glitch. Why not listen to Japanese when I'm not paying much attention while doing that?). Dual audio would be a nice option, but I don't know if Capcom has done that with any of their games before.

EDIT: 40k blocks free. Yep, I think I'm good.

blahmoomoo wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

Eh, the vocals probably don't use up more than 50 MB, both in-game and video. And if they do, it's definitely no more than 100 MB, because there's been no indication that there's heavy voice acting work in this game (way more than before, sure). So add that to the Japanese size and that's what you get.

I honestly don't care if they do dual audio or not, as long as the English voice acting is at least decent. For example, VLR had good voice actors and, therefore, I played through all of it in English (except when I was speeding though it to recover the 23 hours I lost due to the save glitch. Why not listen to Japanese when I'm not paying much attention while doing that?). Dual audio would be a nice option, but I don't know if Capcom has done that with any of their games before.

EDIT: 40k blocks free. Yep, I think I'm good.

Ah okie i see well if that's the case if it does have dual audio then i have enough space in my 3DS and sometimes ill play with just English voice like i been doing with all the Ace attorney games

I play videogames.

Ah okie i see well if that's the case if it does have dual audio then i have enough space in my 3DS and sometimes ill play with just English voice like i been doing with all the Ace attorney games

The game is going to be voiced by *beeps* for 95% of the game anyways so I don't think voice acting should be too much of a concern for people. As much as I don't like Sam Riegel's voice (in general), he's a great actor. If Capcom hires other actors anywhere near his level, we should be fine with the English voices. Probably.
Image Image Image

SeanHK wrote:

The game is going to be voiced by *beeps* for 95% of the game anyways so I don't think voice acting should be too much of a concern for people. As much as I don't like Sam Riegel's voice (in general), he's a great actor. If Capcom hires other actors anywhere near his level, we should be fine with the English voices. Probably.

what you mean by
Quote:
voiced by *beeps* for 95% of the game
? also i looked up that Sam is doing wright's English voice i didn't like it as much it doesn't really fit wright's voice especially that wright has grown up a lot since the previous games i admit i like his voice acting especially when he played Minoru Shiraishi in lucky star but i don't think his voice this time fits with wright's this time

Blah!

You know, the sound effects for talking that happen in all the other games?

I haven't seen an in-game sequence that uses voice acting yet other than exclamations (objection, take that, etc.) and whatnot. I suspect voice acting only happens at critical moments in-game, unless all the voice acting is in the FMVs. I don't recall if they said anything about in-game voice acting...

I play videogames.

blahmoomoo wrote:

I haven't seen an in-game sequence that uses voice acting yet other than exclamations (objection, take that, etc.) and whatnot. I suspect voice acting only happens at critical moments in-game, unless all the voice acting is in the FMVs. I don't recall if they said anything about in-game voice acting...

Nothing has been mentioned about the in-game text being voice acted, so I doubt it. IMO, it would be a very poor move to do this. I'm 100% content with the voice acting used for the exclamations and animation only.
Image Image Image

Blah!

SeanHK wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

Nothing has been mentioned about the in-game text being voice acted, so I doubt it. IMO, it would be a very poor move to do this. I'm 100% content with the voice acting used for the exclamations and animation only.

I wouldn't be surprised if they left the voice acting to exclamations and FMV. They are trying to give it a similar-but-new feel to past games.

If that's the case, I HIGHLY doubt dual audio will be an option. There isn't enough voice acting to bother, and the FMVs would need subtitles if someone wanted to hear Japanese but read English.

blahmoomoo wrote:

They said only the FMVs have voice acting, because fans are too used to the bleeps and blops of the normal text. Also the voiced objections should keep being the vocal highlights.

blahmoomoo wrote:
SeanHK wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they left the voice acting to exclamations and FMV. They are trying to give it a similar-but-new feel to past games.

If that's the case, I HIGHLY doubt dual audio will be an option. There isn't enough voice acting to bother, and the FMVs would need subtitles if someone wanted to hear Japanese but read English.

well if its left with only just voice acting the exlamations and FMV it wouldnt be such a had job getting a few voice actors do it and also you dont really need to get a japanese voice actor for the dual audio since they can just rip it from the Japanese release and just use English voice actors for the rest and for the subtitles they could just put it in small readable font that doesn't obstruct the view of the FMV

This is what my SDHC card is for

SeanHK wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

The professor layton series only features the voice acting for the cutscene, however the series does include voice acting along side the text for the more dramatic or important scenes. So I say dual destinies will likely do something of the same.

tvmadykid wrote:
SeanHK wrote:
blahmoomoo wrote:

The professor layton series only features the voice acting for the cutscene, however the series does include voice acting along side the text for the more dramatic or important scenes. So I say dual destinies will likely do something of the same.

Hopefully so unless capcom decides that its a waste of time and money then who knows :yuusaku:

I play videogames.

According to the always helpful hoso_boso, some people in Japan have already received their copies of the game.

Not that it should affect us here, but be careful of spoilers when surfing the web for GS5 info. (Screenshots may be floating around, and such).
Image Image Image

SeanHK wrote:
According to the always helpful hoso_boso, some people in Japan have already received their copies of the game.

Not that it should affect us here, but be careful of spoilers when surfing the web for GS5 info. (Screenshots may be floating around, and such).

Thanks for the heads up appreciate it ill keep watch

You want STARS? I'll give you STARS!

SeanHK wrote:

Argh, the temptation is becoming too much for me to handle. :toaster:
ImageImage

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
SeanHK wrote:

Just watch anime to clear your head it works for me :hotti:

I play videogames.

Okay, so I got some confirmation that aside from the exclamations the voice over has only been recorded for the animated scenes.

I was browsing hoso_boso's blog and came across a post last week. In it were some points from an interview Dengeki Nintendo did with Mr. Eshiro and Mr. Yamazaki:

Spoiler:
There is voice acting in the animations, but aside from the in-game exclamations there are no voiced areas.

If there is voice acting during the game you're mind will concentrate on the voices, and we felt voice-over doesn't really add anything to the parts where you need to read and use your logic.

I'm glad to see the developers think the same way I do.

EDIT: Some more interesting points from the same post.

Spoiler:
The theme of this game is "revival". The revival of Phoenix Wright, the revival of the court, and the revival of the main series.

Gin/Taka's striped scarf is a an homage to an earlier design for Simon when he wore prisoner garb.

The animation in PLvsAA was where the AA characters first appeared in an anime, and the players' reaction was positive, so they decided to include animated scenes in GS5/DD. These animated scenes are not used to connect the Cases, but are used in different places throughout the Case.

Image Image Image

FreeFurNawlz wrote:
SeanHK wrote:

Just watch anime to clear your head it works for me :hotti:

Time to re-watch Death Note. :will:
ImageImage

SeanHK wrote:
Okay, so I got some confirmation that aside from the exclamations the voice over has only been recorded for the animated scenes.

I was browsing hoso_boso's blog and came across a post last week. In it were some points from an interview Dengeki Nintendo did with Mr. Eshiro and Mr. Yamazaki:

Spoiler:
There is voice acting in the animations, but aside from the in-game exclamations there are no voiced areas.

If there is voice acting during the game you're mind will concentrate on the voices, and we felt voice-over doesn't really add anything to the parts where you need to read and use your logic.

Spoiler:
The theme of this game is "revival". The revival of Phoenix Wright, the revival of the court, and the revival of the main series.

Gin/Taka's striped scarf is a an homage to an earlier design for Simon when he wore prisoner garb.

The animation in PLvsAA was where the AA characters first appeared in an anime, and the players' reaction was positive, so they decided to include animated scenes in GS5/DD. These animated scenes are not used to connect the Cases, but are used in different places throughout the Case.

Thanks for the info!
Spoiler:
I had hoped the text wouldn't be voiced. It would be much easier to concentrate when I could just read it myself. :yogi:

ImageImage

SeanHK wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Is tht for the English release? If so does it also mean were getting dual audio? *crosses fingers* :hotti:

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Spoiler:
Quote:
the revival of the court.
I remember in the first cutscene, Phoenix says he returns for one reason. "To settle the score." We know he is content in modifying the judicial system, but is that the actual reason he's returning, is what I'm wondering. Apollo questions Phoenix's view of the way the law system works, regardless if he had his own thoughts in Turnabout Serenade. Does Nick return for revenge on someone? Possibly to avenge Apollo? Obviously, they decided not to continue with the Jurist System, even though it was proven far superior than the Bench Trial System with Vera's trial. He's likely made it his goal to prove it again and so has Simon. (He says this at the end of the first trailer in text when you weren't supposed to know who it was.

"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Spoiler:
Could you imagine the entire game being voice acted? It would be pretty weird because when someone says a sentence you could wait an entire 10 minutes in real life until someones responds. Just like in some JRPGs they do that. But in some others they mostly do blips. I know that in Ni No Kuni it's mostly blips but at important parts they are replaced with voice acting. This is not an RPG though, so I'm glad Capcom listened to the fans about this.

"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

I play videogames.

Is tht for the English release? If so does it also mean were getting dual audio? *crosses fingers* :hotti:

No, this was in an interview with a Japanese media publication. Are you talking about the first point re: dual-audio? Because all it says is that the voice work is only in the animations and exclamations. I guess it would be "easier" to include dual-audio, but I wouldn't say it means you're getting dual-audio.
Image Image Image

I don't think it would be a bad thing if Ace Attorney was completely voice acted (not just cutscenes). After all, it IS a visual novel and many VNs have voice acting.

I play videogames.

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
I don't think it would be a bad thing if Ace Attorney was completely voice acted (not just cutscenes). After all, it IS a visual novel and many VNs have voice acting.

I don't see why that's a reason to have this game fully voice acted though. Ever since I first played an Ace Attorney game, I always felt that the fact that it wasn't voice acted was part of the charm. I really liked the *beeping* of the text, and I think that the little blips and other sound effects actually made the game very colourful. This game has a unique comedy style and I don't think voice acting would really help. Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this way. I don't mean to be a downer, but I sincerely hope this series never gets full voice acting.
Image Image Image

Quote:
I don't see why that's a reason to have this game fully voice acted though. Ever since I first played an Ace Attorney game, I always felt that the fact that it wasn't voice acted was part of the charm. I really liked the *beeping* of the text, and I think that the little blips and other sound effects actually made the game very colourful. This game has a unique comedy style and I don't think voice acting would really help. Perhaps I'm the only one who thinks this way. I don't mean to be a downer, but I sincerely hope this series never gets full voice acting.

I doubt you'd say that if the series had full voice acting from the beginning. The beeping sound was just because the GBA wasn't powerful enough for voice acting and Capcom didn't want to hire voice actors. It's sorta like how Snatcher began on the PC-88 and MSX2 with no voice acting (only a similar beeping sound), but eventually did with the later versions.

Anyways, the series already has it with PL vs. AA. A lot of the courtroom scenes are fully voiced.

Blah!

Top reason why this game shouldn't be voice acted: I don't think many actors can replicate the awesomeness of Edgeworth's NGHNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

SeanHK wrote:
TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly. I think it would be weird to have full voice acting, especially since we're so accustomed to the beeps and blips. :yogi:
ImageImage

Quote:
Top reason why this game shouldn't be voice acted: I don't think many actors can replicate the awesomeness of Edgeworth's NGHNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I beg to differ.

blahmoomoo wrote:

Totally. I don't know of a single person who can perfectly replicate the inhuman sounds the characters make.
ImageImage

Racing through the sky like a Missile

blahmoomoo wrote:

QFT. Besides, the joke of being able to "read" Nick's thoughts is a prevalent running gag in the series.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Not everything has to be voice acted. I'm just mainly talking about key moments. If it really bothers you that much, some games simply let you turn the voice acting off. Especially visual novels.
Page 1 of 2 [ 64 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes