Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 1[ 11 posts ]

Dual Destinies subforum openTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Well folks, it's just about time for the bombs to drop - Gyakuten Saiban 5 will be available on the eShop in a little less than 12 hours. To give people a place to discuss the actual game, we've now opened the Themis Legal Academy subforum.

The forum has topics to discuss the individual cases, get answers about the game, and otherwise chat about the game's content. It goes without saying, but Dual Destinies spoilers should only be discussed in the appropriate topics in that forum. A few things have already leaked, so if you want to discuss them, go there.

Here we go, folks!

(PS: The Courthouse Steps subforum will be used to discuss the future of the series, as before.)
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Dual Destinies subforum openTopic%20Title

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

Hey, Bolt, Sorry if this is a stupid question, but last time a new game was released in Japan I wasn't a member yet. I want to make sure I don't get any spoilers about the game, so my question is this:

There are a couple of small, non-spoiler heavy questions I'd like answered in the eventual "I Just Want to Know one Thing" topic. Will I be at risk at getting real spoilers just by visiting the subforum and glancing at the titles of the topics (for instance, when I click on the subforum to get to the I just want to know one thing topic, I will most likely see the titles of the other topics in the forum); will people be posting ending details in the titles? Or is it a "Spoilers are only allowed inside the topics and the title has to say *Spoilers*" or something? Will I have to actually click a topic in order to get spoilers?

Thanks, and sorry about how confusing that is. I'm not making a lot of sense right now. :edgy:
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Master of sharp things!

ADA McCoy wrote:
Hey, Bolt, Sorry if this is a stupid question, but last time a new game was released in Japan I wasn't a member yet. I want to make sure I don't get any spoilers about the game, so my question is this:

There are a couple of small, non-spoiler heavy questions I'd like answered in the eventual "I Just Want to Know one Thing" topic. Will I be at risk at getting real spoilers just by visiting the subforum and glancing at the titles of the topics (for instance, when I click on the subforum to get to the I just want to know one thing topic, I will most likely see the titles of the other topics in the forum); will people be posting ending details in the titles? Or is it a "Spoilers are only allowed inside the topics and the title has to say *Spoilers*" or something? Will I have to actually click a topic in order to get spoilers?

Thanks, and sorry about how confusing that is. I'm not making a lot of sense right now. :edgy:

I may not be Bolt, but maybe I can help.

Going into the subforum, do be careful about reading topic titles if you want to avoid complete spoilers; while we do advise that people that post new topics there clearly mark them and be as non-spoilerific as possible (i.e., "OMG, X returning character is in the game!" vs. "SPOILER, returning character"), we can't guarantee that will always be the case.

The "I just want to know one thing" thread is stickied to the top of the list, so you can go into the subforum and find it almost immediately. If you want to avoid seeing any other topics altogether, I'd suggest either bookmarking the thread or looking up your posts to go directly to the topic.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

I may not be Bolt, but maybe I can help.

Going into the subforum, do be careful about reading topic titles if you want to avoid complete spoilers; while we do advise that people that post new topics there clearly mark them and be as non-spoilerific as possible (i.e., "OMG, X returning character is in the game!" vs. "SPOILER, returning character"), we can't guarantee that will always be the case.

The "I just want to know one thing" thread is stickied to the top of the list, so you can go into the subforum and find it almost immediately. If you want to avoid seeing any other topics altogether, I'd suggest either bookmarking the thread or looking up your posts to go directly to the topic.

Good Advice! Thanks a lot!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

I just blue myself

I'm not sure why but I'm feeling...kinda emotional about this. I joined court records, I think, slightly before AAI was announced and it's been fascinating seeing the growth of the site since then and of course, I've visited the site from time to time in 2007-2009 without an account because of the custom sprites and the community.

This is a strange feeling I'm feeling but it feels fine and I hope we keep on going through Ace Attorney 6 and all future titles. Poorly phrased sentiments finished, Returnofthephoenix out! (sidenote: It's really hard to say that with an 18-letter name, I really regret that choice)
I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

But in all honesty, META humour sucks.

ReturnofthePhoenix wrote:
I'm not sure why but I'm feeling...kinda emotional about this. I joined court records, I think, slightly before AAI was announced and it's been fascinating seeing the growth of the site since then and of course, I've visited the site from time to time in 2007-2009 without an account because of the custom sprites and the community.

This is a strange feeling I'm feeling but it feels fine and I hope we keep on going through Ace Attorney 6 and all future titles. Poorly phrased sentiments finished, Returnofthephoenix out! (sidenote: It's really hard to say that with an 18-letter name, I really regret that choice)

I know what you mean. I joined a couple of months after GS5 was announced back in January of 2012 but I have been visiting the site ever since I played my first AA game, Apollo Justice, back in February of 2008. I don't know why, but somehow I missed all the hype around AAI, so I hadn't experienced watching a game as it developed until now. It's so weird to think that this is finally happening, Over 5 years after I read this article:
http://gonintendo.com/?p=18291

I certainly didn't know it would take this long, but it's happened, and even though it's still a couple months until we get the Western version its really exciting that the game is launching tomorrow.

Zoinks

Hear, hear! I've been hooked on Ace Attorney ever since I got the first game for my birthday (~7 years ago) and it's great to see the series is still going strong. Here's to more AA in the future...

By the way, just to confirm, is there a confirmed released date for the US or Europe yet? (I've been out of the loop for the while so sorry if this is a silly question)
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Yellow Magician wrote:

Hear, hear! I've been hooked on Ace Attorney ever since I got the first game for my birthday (~7 years ago) and it's great to see the series is still going strong. Here's to more AA in the future...

By the way, just to confirm, is there a confirmed released date for the US or Europe yet? (I've been out of the loop for the while so sorry if this is a silly question)

All they've said so far is "Fall 2013"...I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a release date soon after the game is released, though.

This rock... it reminds me of a puzzle!

Same here, long time lurker, but a (kinda) new registered user. I visited CR for the sprites and such, and I think I registered a bit after the GS5 thing was announced. I haven't posted a lot in the forums, but I hope that changes in the future. AA is amazing. To think that this series has been going strong, even after a decade! Unlike some other game out there... *cough* Pikachu... *cough*

Zoinks

ADA McCoy wrote:
All they've said so far is "Fall 2013"...I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a release date soon after the game is released, though.

I see...not too long to wait then. hopefully. Thanks!
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Heh heh.

I probably picked the best possible time to finally pick up a copy of Ace Attorney... After finally getting a new DS a year ago (my old one had been out of commission for years), the second game I bought was T&T, not knowing at the time it was the third game; all I knew was that I remembered reading a walkthrough of the first game on Tips & Tricks how many years ago and thought it was interesting, but never had the money nor the means to play it at the same time (and when I did, I couldn't find a copy). I played it, fell in love, Googled the series, and lo and behold, there was a movie and news of a fifth title.

My luck is amazing. Long live Ace Attorney! May you never fall into the same rut as Pokemon! Fall 2013, here we come!
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » General » Trial Minutes