Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 3[ 98 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

GS5 DLC/SoundtrackTopic%20Title

迷探偵

News via Hosoboso:

*GS5 DLC contents (http://www.capcom.co.jp/gyakutensaiban/ ... tents.html)

- Costume packs (free until August 16, after that date 150 yen)

- Quiz Gyakuten Deduction - Lots of things going on at the Wright Anything Agency! Try your hand at the deduction quizes.
1) The prologue is unlocked within the game after clearing the first case of GS5.
2) The first part will be made available on August 1, second on August 8 and the last part on August 15. (150 yen each)

-Special Chapter Turnabout Return
Phoenix' first case after regaining his attorney's badge! (release/price; unknown)
-> Phoenix is dragged to an aquarium with a sunken ship by the trainer Umino Shouko. The defendant: an orca!

*GS5 soundtrack to be released on September 25. Over 60 tracks spread over two discs (3150 yen)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Re: GS5 DLC/SoundtrackTopic%20Title

Art Person

DLC Cases!? And Feenie DLC! I hope they bring all of this to the west! (They NEED to!)
So does this mean that DLC Cases are playable at any time? Or do you need to finish the game to play them?

Thanks for this update Ash!

...Hopefully someday... xD

Hoooboyhooboyhooboyhooboy!
So waiting for that soundtrack <3
ImageImageImageImage

Programmer

So the main game isn't the first time he is in court since the incident?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Art Person

henke37 wrote:
So the main game isn't the first time he is in court since the incident?

It seems like it. if you go by this screenshot, I think it means that Phoenix has also met Athena before his first case, unless this was a precursor to a flashback?:
Spoiler: Case screenshot
(I think it says;
Athena: "Congratulations! You've got your Attorney's Badge back!" )

Blah!

This may be the first game I seriously consider buying the DLC for. Count me in!

DLC sounds amazing and I will definitely get the soundtrack. It'll probably be an assignment for me anyways since I usually handle the Ace Attorney coverage at the video game music website I write for.

"boing"

Wait, so for his triumphant return to law, Phoenix is defending an orca?

... This really is an Ace Attorney game.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Has anyone found an import site where people can purchase the soundtrack? All my usual ones don't have it (yet..)

Missile

Hmmm...I really don't like the DLC policies on games.
Surely a game is like a work of art - you mould it, and craft it to perfection. Then let people enjoy it. DLC is completely frivolous and preys on the completist nature of many customers.

As a metaphor:
It's like someone releasing a movie on blu-ray, but the director's cut is DLC. If the directors cut is better, just release the bloody director's cut. Where is the artistic integrity these days???

Lately Capcom seems to spend too many man-hours trying to work out the best tactics to milk out a few extra pennies from DLC.
Surely concentrating ALL their time on actually making a good game would be better.

Mad Gallifreyan Fashion Plate

ouboros wrote:
Surely a game is like a work of art - you mould it, and craft it to perfection. Then let people enjoy it. DLC is completely frivolous and preys on the completist nature of many customers. It's like someone releasing a movie on blu-ray, but the director's cut is DLC. If the directors cut is better, just release the bloody director's cut. Where is the artistic integrity these days???
Lately Capcom seems to spend too many man-hours trying to work out how to milk out a few extra pennies from DLC.
Surely concentrating ALL their time on actually making a good game would be better.

I see your point, but also consider this:

Let's say the game has been honed and polished to completion. In a traditional release cycle, we'd have to wait *years* to play more cases in that universe. But with DLC, we can get new cases faster-- albeit perhaps not ones so tightly bound to the overall arc of the series-- but they could still be fun, enjoyable omake, and ways for us to catch up on other characters who could not be / should not be forced into the narrative of the main game proper.

Derper

ouboros wrote:
Surely a game is like a work of art - you mould it, and craft it to perfection. Then let people enjoy it. DLC is completely frivolous and preys on the completist nature of many customers.

As a metaphor:
It's like someone releasing a movie on blu-ray, but the director's cut is DLC. If the directors cut is better, just release the bloody director's cut. Where is the artistic integrity these days???

Lately Capcom seems to spend too many man-hours trying to work out the best tactics to milk out a few extra pennies from DLC.

So, you're saying that Dual Destinies is already a bad game?
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

Blah!

If a DLC case means we can avoid filler cases in the main game (you know the ones), I'm all for it. Think of the extra cases as similar to the Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth manga series.

I probably won't get useless DLC though, like outfits if any aren't free.

Derper

If anyone's interested, famitsu has this on their site which covers a lot of the stuff they announced today.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201307/24037179.html

Also includes some more screens of the DLC case
Sometimes I feel like facepalming
I'm just not sure on whose face to push my hand on.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Now THIS is DLC worth buying!

I'm getting 50 bucks in eShop funds today, in anticipation of this game. In the hypothethical case DLC comes west, does anyone know how it would be purchased? Are eShop funds good for that? They should be, but I have no idea how that works, really.

Blah!

DeMatador wrote:

I'm getting 50 bucks in eShop funds today, in anticipation of this game. In the hypothethical case DLC comes west, does anyone know how it would be purchased? Are eShop funds good for that? They should be, but I have no idea how that works, really.

Your eShop balance is used for both games and DLC. It seems that you normally buy DLC from within the game, but your balance is definitely used there.

Are! You! High!

irishmarcoos wrote:
Has anyone found an import site where people can purchase the soundtrack? All my usual ones don't have it (yet..)

I do hope it becomes more readily available at places other than the e-capcom store. I remember having to jump through some ridiculous hoops snagging the Gyakuten Kenji 2 OST.
My Gyakuten Kenji 2 Original Soundtrack Review! -- http://a-liu2009.livejournal.com/20306.html

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Angela Liu wrote:
irishmarcoos wrote:

I do hope it becomes more readily available at places other than the e-capcom store. I remember having to jump through some ridiculous hoops snagging the Gyakuten Kenji 2 OST.

Generally play-asia sell e-capcom items, they have my pre-order of the GS5 limited edition (that still hasn't shipped yet...)

Edit: ちょっと! Is this saying that the DLC has anime cutscenes aswell, looking at the famitsu images? Smooth :redd:

I play videogames.

If you clear all of the quiz questions, you unlock a rather *special* costume...

EDIT: I think the bonus episodes are a great way to keep GS5 relevant, at least up until they announce the next game (whether it's GS6 or GK3).
Image Image Image

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Quote:
-Special Chapter Turnabout Return
Phoenix' first case after regaining his attorney's badge! (release/price; unknown)
-> Phoenix is dragged to an aquarium with a sunken ship by the trainer Umino Shouko. The defendant: an orca!

BEST DEFENDANT EVER. Check out the adorkable tattoo and badass quote. Its name is Ale, like the drink, huh?

I'd also say that this is a tribute to Pirates of the Caribbean, but One Piece has been all over Japan as of late, so I'm not surprised.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Totally okay with this. DLC on the e-shop is pretty damn cheap compared to other outlets I've had to pay for, and more story is always a plus.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

While I find the case sounds like its hysterical, I'm guessing it's more of a joking kind of thing like the DLC for PLvsAA was. Hopefully there will be some new, serious, canon cases (We don't know the Orca thing isn't canon, but I'm guessing its just a joke).

It looks like this game is handling DLC very well. I'm not ever big on DLC, but this looks like it will generally keep GS5 in everyone's 3DS for a while.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

ADA McCoy wrote:
While I find the case sounds like its hysterical, I'm guessing it's more of a joking kind of thing like the DLC for PLvsAA was. Hopefully there will be some new, serious, canon cases (We don't know the Orca thing isn't canon, but I'm guessing its just a joke).

It looks like this game is handling DLC very well. I'm not ever big on DLC, but this looks like it will generally keep GS5 in everyone's 3DS for a while.

Speculation believes that this case is Nick's first case back in court. If that's not canon, then I don't know what is.

Blak The Great wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

Speculation believes that this case is Nick's first case back in court. If that's not canon, then I don't know what is.

I was under the impression that Case 1 was his first time back in court. At least that's how the English translation made it sound.
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

ADA McCoy wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:

I was under the impression that Case 1 was his first time back in court. At least that's how the English translation made it sound.

Siliconera says:
Quote:
Finally, the DLC that everyone was probably hoping for—a brand new case, titled “Special Chapter: Turnabout Return”. This will bridge the gap between Apollo Justice and Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, and will depict Phoenix’s first case after regaining his badge to practice law once more.Unfortunately for Phoenix, his first case after getting his badge back is a classic Ace Attorney madcap moment—he’s hired by a trainer who dresses like a pirate to defend her orca against a murder charge in court. Capcom haven’t announced a release date or price for this chapter yet.

Never mind, I guess. I'm almost a little disappointed, to be honest, since I would have imagined his first trial to be part of the foundations of the DD story, but hopefully western fans will be getting the DLC too so we'll get to see the case eventually.

Blak The Great wrote:

Siliconera says:
Quote:
Finally, the DLC that everyone was probably hoping for—a brand new case, titled “Special Chapter: Turnabout Return”. This will bridge the gap between Apollo Justice and Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, and will depict Phoenix’s first case after regaining his badge to practice law once more.Unfortunately for Phoenix, his first case after getting his badge back is a classic Ace Attorney madcap moment—he’s hired by a trainer who dresses like a pirate to defend her orca against a murder charge in court. Capcom haven’t announced a release date or price for this chapter yet.

But why is Simon the prosector then? I guess the time gap between cases 2&3 and 1 must be larger than I thought.

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

blahmoomoo wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

Your eShop balance is used for both games and DLC. It seems that you normally buy DLC from within the game, but your balance is definitely used there.

Awesome! Thanks for answering :D

Now I'm debating myself over buying 50 or 100 bucks of eShop credit, because dat eShop be full of retail titles and other awesome stuff that is not available here.

Bitter Old Man

DLC cases... I can not possible type enough expletives to describe my loathing. It's bad enough it's digital, but now the cancer of DLC has finally crept into Ace Attorney.

Can't wait for a chance to pick up the soundtrack though. I do love me some Ace Attorney music.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

Gettin' Old!

TheRedPriest wrote:
DLC cases... I can not possible type enough expletives to describe my loathing. It's bad enough it's digital, but now the cancer of DLC has finally crept into Ace Attorney.

Can't wait for a chance to pick up the soundtrack though. I do love me some Ace Attorney music.

Eh? Is it really such a crime? It's a little bonus case, there's still gonna be a full game. As much as I loathe iOS ports and marketing schemes it's plain to see AA's episodic style is just primed for additional self-contained DLC episodes.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I play videogames.

TheRedPriest wrote:

So... what exactly is wrong with the type of DLC they are providing us with?
Image Image Image

Bitter Old Man

DLC in general is just bad. It's not extra. It's part of the game and should be included. It makes the game patchwork and piecemeal. These things used to be unlockables or extras or what have you. Now it's sold separately. DLC makes games incomplete. Most of the game is on disc/cartridge and then you have that bit that was released on it's own. Buy the game used years later, and part of the experience is not there.

A good chunk of DLC is developed or conceived during development of the game proper anyway. Day 1 DLC is commonplace. It's not about "releasing stuff till the squeal". You plan a game, start to finish, extras, bonuses and omakes included, and release it. If it does well, you do a squeal with new stuff. You look forward to that. The entire CONCEPT of DLC is awful and does nothing but hurt the hobby.

I'm just one of those people who absolutely detest DLC because I am a hobbyist and collector. As someone who is looking to still want to enjoy this stuff 20 or 30 years from now, lend, trade or buy now, it robs you of a complete package and experience.
Doctor Mario is not a real doctor. Do NOT let him touch your genitals.

Programmer

DLC case details
Capcom sure loves pink pirates.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

What did he do this time...?

SeanHK wrote:
TheRedPriest wrote:

So... what exactly is wrong with the type of DLC they are providing us with?

We are getting a full game for (likely) full price. It's your choice if you want DLC. And if it turns out to be an awesome case, then what's so bad about it?

I do not like the other DLCs for 3DS games though, and I won't touch them.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Blah!

TheRedPriest wrote:
DLC in general is just bad. It's not extra. It's part of the game and should be included. It makes the game patchwork and piecemeal. These things used to be unlockables or extras or what have you. Now it's sold separately. DLC makes games incomplete. Most of the game is on disc/cartridge and then you have that bit that was released on it's own. Buy the game used years later, and part of the experience is not there.

A good chunk of DLC is developed or conceived during development of the game proper anyway. Day 1 DLC is commonplace. It's not about "releasing stuff till the squeal". You plan a game, start to finish, extras, bonuses and omakes included, and release it. If it does well, you do a squeal with new stuff. You look forward to that. The entire CONCEPT of DLC is awful and does nothing but hurt the hobby.

I'm just one of those people who absolutely detest DLC because I am a hobbyist and collector. As someone who is looking to still want to enjoy this stuff 20 or 30 years from now, lend, trade or buy now, it robs you of a complete package and experience.

Except in this case the game IS complete without the DLC. Think of the extra case as one of the manga: it shouldn't contribute to the overall plot of DD, so it normally wouldn't belong there anyway. If Capcom proves me wrong, then I'll take it back. But other than the detail that it is Phoenix's first case since the disbarring (makes some sense that Phoenix wouldn't wait a full year before making a return), nothing indicates that it'll have lasting effect on the characters so far.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

She looks like Haruko Haruhara from FLCL.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Fate Testarossa

DLC is only bad if the game is incomplete without said DLC. Dual Destinies looks quite complete without the DLC. (And the DLC looks to be like a joke case anyways.)

Fate is made by クロス

I play videogames.

TheRedPriest wrote:
The entire CONCEPT of DLC is awful and does nothing but hurt the hobby.

So the developers giving me incentive to play the game again is hurting the hobby.
Image Image Image

Godot's the Man

Spoiler: Question about a Character in the DLC
Pearl is in this case, wow! Can anyone translate the text and try to explain what she's doing here?

Also can somebody explain the Quiz thing? I dont get what exactly it is.

I really hope we get all the benefits that japan did with the DLC's its only fair for the people who been loyal to the series here in NA
Page 1 of 3 [ 98 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes