Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 55 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Gyakuten Saiban 5 released in JapanTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

Six years and change.

That's how long it's been since a mainstream Ace Attorney game has seen release. In the time since then, we've had musicals, movies, top hats, Proto Badgers, and more merchandise than you can shake a stick at, but the series has stayed in limbo.

But the wait is finally over. Gyakuten Saiban 5 is available now on the Japanese eShop, and will be available at retailers in Japan today. It's time at last to dust off those attorney's badges and rev up those Chords of Steel.

Ready to chat Dual Destinies? The Themis Legal Academy subforum has been set up to provide tagged spoiler spaces to discuss the various parts of the game. Looking for coverage? You'll find that there as well (though unfortunately it's somewhat more difficult to snatch things from a 3DS game than a DS one as well, haha).

When GS4 was released, I was still a fledgling CR newbie, filling my posts with more XDs and emoticons than I rightly care to admit. We've been through a lot as a community these past six years, and I'm proud to see us still going today - and I hope we keep going strong in the future.

Ladies and gentlemen, court is back in session.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Gyakuten Saiban 5 released in JapanTopic%20Title

迷探偵

Downloading as we speak ^^ Will probably start the game after dinner... and just keep playing until I finish it :P
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

Stupid question, but I'm not used to eshop purchases.

Do I have to get rid of the demo before downloading the full version?

元・超会社員級の管理人

NinjAngel wrote:
Stupid question, but I'm not used to eshop purchases.

Do I have to get rid of the demo before downloading the full version?

Nope, unless you need to clear up space on your SD card.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Victory music!

One more!

I play videogames.

The long wait is over. A happy day indeed for GS/AA fans worldwide.

I'm still waiting for my physical copy, which will take another day, so I will have to wait a little longer. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this game!

Congrats everyone, we've made it!
Image Image Image

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

*sheds a single tear*

It's... It's happening. The day has come.

Now begins the (awesomely short!) wait for the localization to be released. Until then, YOU SPOIL ME SOMETHING AND YOU'RE BANNED... from life. As in: I'll ban you, then kill you.

God I love this series.

Zoinks

I could die happy
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |

Haha, what's this?

Last edited by Lusankya on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doing the drywall at the new McDonalds

I remember the day, over 5 years ago, that I first read a 2007 article that said GS5 was being developed. I got excited and assumed It would be released in 2009 or so.

I also remember a day in January 2012. I was home sick, watching old 80's detective shows, and glanced at Court-Records. There was this 10th Anniversary Court event going on, but no one thought any GS5 details would be announced. And then it happened. It was shortly after that that I joined Court-Records and I am very glad I did. It seems like this last year has seemed longer than the past 5, but that's what happens when you're anticipating something as much as I am anticipating GS5.

It's been amazingly fun to sit here and wait for every little bit of possible news with all of you, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The game is out in Japan; no new shocking news is coming, but I would estimate we'll hear more about the English release very soon. Due to the spoiler-heavy nature of the game, I am going to stop visiting the forums for now, until I beat DD, just so I don't accidentally spoil myself. It's been a really fun journey, and I'll see you guys after I've seen that 10 minute long credits sequence!
I used to have Sam Waterston as my avatar but photobucket added a watermark and also Law & Order has been cancelled for 10 years so it's time for me to move on.

Its finally good to see wright back in action after sticking with him since the very beginning :acro: I cant wait to finally play it when it comes out here in america its worth the wait..anything is for Ace Attorney :grossburg:

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
It's been amazingly fun to sit here and wait for every little bit of possible news with all of you, and I enjoyed every minute of it. The game is out in Japan; no new shocking news is coming, but I would estimate we'll hear more about the English release very soon. Due to the spoiler-heavy nature of the game, I am going to stop visiting the forums for now, until I beat DD, just so I don't accidentally spoil myself. It's been a really fun journey, and I'll see you guys after I've seen that 10 minute long credits sequence!

I think we'll hear about the release date and price sometime in August. How much is it in Japan? Is it the equivalent of a normal 3DS game? (so will it be $40 like a normal 3DS game or $30-35?)

I'm basically going to do the same thing because I don't want to spoil myself either. I'll check back for release news and PL vs AA localization news, so please don't post any spoilers on the front page! Or at least use the spoiler tag.
See you guys later! Until then.... it's gonna be the first time I ever actually wanted summer to end.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

I play videogames.

Danchat wrote:
How much is it in Japan? Is it the equivalent of a normal 3DS game? (so will it be $40 like a normal 3DS game or $30-35?)

GS5 is 5,990 yen in the eShop which is about $60, but games in Japan tend to be quite expensive. The prices for 3DS games in Japan also vary quite a bit. Looking at the recent 3DS games on the eShop, some are as low as 2,100 yen and some are as high as 6,300 yen.

I think GS5 falls under the 'above average' range (most games are about 4,800 yen) but I expect the game to be released in English at the regular retail price ($39.99).
Image Image Image

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Lusankya wrote:
Haha, what's this?

Another collab promotional campaign featuring GS5 and the High-Speed Railway. It's titled "Mystery Rally: Turnabout Whistle." These posters will be up all over the railway stations from 8/1 to 9/16.

Edit: There are several more of these GS5 public collab campaigns listed in the TOPICS section below the railway rally thumbnail. AA is invading everything!
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Last edited by Rubia Ryu the Royal on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Haha, what's this?

Another collab promotional campaign featuring GS5 and the High-Speed Railway. It's titled "Mystery Rally: Turnabout Whistle." These posters will be up all over the railway stations from 8/1 to 9/16.

So it's DLC? I thought they were ads placed in the subways
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

fourtrass wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Haha, what's this?

So it's DLC? I thought they were ads placed in the subways

its just subway posters as promotional for the release of the game

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Edit: There are several more of these GS5 public collab campaigns listed in the TOPICS section below the railway rally thumbnail. AA is invading everything!

I wish AA was as big in Europe/USA as it is in Japan, I never saw somthing from Ace Attorney in the public. Also Athena looks so cute in her outfit.

Lusankya wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

I wish AA was as big in Europe/USA as it is in Japan, I never saw somthing from Ace Attorney in the public. Also Athena looks so cute in her outfit.

Unfortunatly Capcom didnt do a good job promoting the game here from the very beginning so the fan base here in USA/Europe is as big as in Japan which sucks because they could have made the AA series one of their most biggest profits but Their PR department just sucks :grossburg:

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Lusankya wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

"What? No, I wasn't objecting! I was just pointing someone to the ticket stations! Really!" was the first thing that came to mind when I saw it.

That, and an AA x Pokemon crossover.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

I play videogames.

Lusankya wrote:
I wish AA was as big in Europe/USA as it is in Japan, I never saw somthing from Ace Attorney in the public.

Hey, let's not forget Canada, Mexico, and the many other countries in the Americas!!

The video games people elsewhere play are almost exclusively about action and shooting things with giant guns. People seem to prefer killing people over punishing those who kill. It's pretty awful, really... haha...
Image Image Image

SeanHK wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
I wish AA was as big in Europe/USA as it is in Japan, I never saw somthing from Ace Attorney in the public.

Hey, let's not forget Canada, Mexico, and the many other countries in the Americas!!

The video games people elsewhere play are almost exclusively about action and shooting things with giant guns. People seem to prefer killing people over punishing those who kill. It's pretty awful, really... haha...

Well thats the great country we live in haha :jake:

What did he do this time...?

SeanHK wrote:

GS5 is 5,990 yen in the eShop which is about $60, but games in Japan tend to be quite expensive. The prices for 3DS games in Japan also vary quite a bit. Looking at the recent 3DS games on the eShop, some are as low as 2,100 yen and some are as high as 6,300 yen.

I think GS5 falls under the 'above average' range (most games are about 4,800 yen) but I expect the game to be released in English at the regular retail price ($39.99).

I wouldn't be so sure about $40 though, Animal Crossing New Leaf (aka top 3 biggest seller for 3DS) is $35. Wow, $60 is the price of a console game now...

Quote:

Y'know, I really hate how certain companies can send out the same shooting game year in and year out...same with movies that have giant exploding robots. :yogi:

Quote:

:godot:
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Quote:

Quote:
:godot:

Land of the the Semi-free and home of the violence :sassy:

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

No launch trailer though? I was kinda hoping for that. Spoiler dodging, activate!

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

jaydrick0620 wrote:
No launch trailer though? I was kinda hoping for that. Spoiler dodging, activate!

We just gotta be careful not be dumb enough to click on spoilers :yuusaku: and ofcourse the dreaded youtube and Google :grey:

1000% Knight

According to the FedEx website, the expected arrival time is tomorrow at 10:30 AM.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

(darn you people with the digital version)
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

Bad Player wrote:
According to the FedEx website, the expected arrival time is tomorrow at 10:30 AM.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

(darn you people with the digital version)

And my limited edition still hasn't even shipped yet :chinami:

It seems like it was only yesturday, the only gameplay footage we had was this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em4bulXgs4Q (It has a little less then 2 minutes of game play footage, and it's not really accurate to the final game anyway, so no spoilers unless you know absolutely nothing about the game)

The game sure has come a long way, the graphics look a bit changed as well as the audio.

Spoiler:
I also watched a bit of Bolt Storm's gameplay footage, it's so weird how changed up the final game is. They definitely packed a lot more into the 1st case than I was expecting

I joined this forum not too long ago, and I can't say I have been the most active, but I have been lurking around for a while, and I must say, it's been fun to share this experience with all of you fellow AA fans :phoenix:

But the fun is not over yet, we Americans are still waiting for our release, which thank god should not be too long =D

Happy Ace Attorney 5 everyone :')

marco23p wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em4bulXgs4Q (It has a little less then 2 minutes of game play footage, and it's not really accurate to the final game anyway, so no spoilers unless you know absolutely nothing about the game)

The game sure has come a long way, the graphics look a bit changed as well as the audio.

Spoiler:
I also watched a bit of Bolt Storm's gameplay footage, it's so weird how changed up the final game is. They definitely packed a lot more into the 1st case than I was expecting

I joined this forum not too long ago, and I can't say I have been the most active, but I have been lurking around for a while, and I must say, it's been fun to share this experience with all of you fellow AA fans :phoenix:

But the fun is not over yet, we Americans are still waiting for our release, which thank god should not be too long =D

Where was bolt storm's video?

Lacks the brain for meaningful posts.

Prosecutor Yuugami wrote:
marco23p wrote:

Spoiler:

If it's still relevant, it got taken down do to a copyright strike by Capcom I believe.

Tiagofvarela wrote:
marco23p wrote:

Spoiler:

If it's still relevant, it got taken down do to a copyright strike by Capcom I believe.

Thanks i just found it sucks i couldnt watch it in time :yogi:

I still have the video open on my mac, let me find a way to somehow grab it, wish it was on my pc so I could just use fraps >_>

marco23p wrote:
I still have the video open on my mac, let me find a way to somehow grab it, wish it was on my pc so I could just use fraps >_>

If you could that would be awesome :sparkly-maggey:

世界中

And so it begins. :phoenix:

and that train thing is adorable!!!

marco23p wrote:

If you could that would be awesome :sparkly-maggey:

Spoiler: Link to the HTML file that contains the video which shows the complete 1st case, obvious major spoilers!
Quote:
marco23p wrote:
Okay, Bolt I hope you don't mind that I do this, but I manged to find a way y'all can view the video, but I don't know how long it will work.

I had the video open on my mac, so I downloaded a special program and copied all the HTML into it and generated a HTML file, this file will open a YouTube page, you still need internet to view it. Keep in mind, the video is still being downloaded from YouTube's servers, so I don't know how long the file will be available for.

[spoiler=Link to the HTML file that contains the video which shows the complete 1st case, obvious major spoilers!]http://www.mediafire.com/download/8an27mvczxzvmgt/AA5.html

I hope you don't mind my botched up BBCode :bellboy:

This no longer works =(

The Maya Maniac

YES!!!!! IT CAME OUT!!!
Maybe not in the US and Europe, but I'm still excited :acro: :edgy: :keiko: :pearl-blush: :hobolaugh: :ron-jazz: :gant-jazz: :hobolaugh: :egg: :cody-talk: :haha:
JUST SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Missile

The train poster is a 'stamp rally'. You go to different Stations on that train line and get them to stamp your card. If you collect all the stamps you can get a plastic file and some stickers.

I went to Akihabara today. The cheapest they had the game was 4980yen. I think I'll wait till its cheaper. It doesn't take long for 3DS games to drop in price. Layton vs Gyakuten is now selling for just 1600yen!!!

Oh man, I am so danged excited!

ouboros wrote:
The train poster is a 'stamp rally'. You go to different Stations on that train line and get them to stamp your card. If you collect all the stamps you can get a plastic file and some stickers.

I went to Akihabara today. The cheapest they had the game was 4980yen. I think I'll wait till its cheaper. It doesn't take long for 3DS games to drop in price. Layton vs Gyakuten is now selling for just 1600yen!!!

Ouboros, I was wondering if you could perhaps check out part 8 of thetrain rally document for me and tell me what they're going on about; I will be in Japan in fortnight or so, and my hotel is on this line! I so want to give it a go... I'm not sure if they're additional prizes or just more merchandise... :keiko:

I can't believe it's actually out! Wow, that's so exciting! It's also a little frustrating for me, since I speak Japanese and would have bought the JPN version had my 3DS not been region locked! :chinami:
Ah well, what does that matter. It'll be out in English soon. I'm so happy! :acro:

Missile

sarahofcroydon wrote:
Oh man, I am so danged excited!

ouboros wrote:

Ouboros, I was wondering if you could perhaps check out part 8 of thetrain rally document for me and tell me what they're going on about; I will be in Japan in fortnight or so, and my hotel is on this line! I so want to give it a go... I'm not sure if they're additional prizes or just more merchandise... :keiko:

it runs Aug 1st~ Sept 16th. You have to first go to either Shinagawa Station or Toukyuu Kawasaki Station. Go the the service counter 10am~6pm and ask for "Gyakuten Saiban Mystery kippu". They will give out the goodies to the first 2000 people who buy the tickets. (the tickets are 700yen). Next you go to each station on the map and get a hint to a case. The case is about a stolen whistle. Finally you go to Haneda Airport Terminal Train Station. Go to the manned window on the 2nd floor before 8pm. You need figure out all the hints and tell the staff who you think the criminal is. If you get it right, you get a certificate and a raffle ticket. If you can't read the hints, solving the actual case might be a bit tough.

Part 8 details the raffle prizes:
-game + figure
-game
-T-shirt
-Spa ticket
-train company goods
-1000yen of train company cards
Page 1 of 2 [ 55 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes