Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 2[ 69 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Turnabout Return and Costume DLC confirmed to be localizedTopic%20Title

Capcom has announced that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies will be receiving downloadable content as well. Currently confirmed for Western release are the three costumes for Phoenix, Apollo, and Athena, and the additional episode "Turnabout Return".
Re: Turnabout Return and Costume DLC confirmed to be localizTopic%20Title

My name is Judge.

Dream. Come. True.

That orca whale with a mustache gets me every time.
Inspector Grosky is prepared to arrest you in style with finesse with his chesthair sheltering innocent kittens.

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Called it!
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Never had any doubt about it. I mean how often does it happen that a game is localized but the DLC is not? It's an easy way for companies to earn more money

Fate Testarossa

We get dat glorious whale? ALL MY YES.

Fate is made by クロス

I'm certainly glad we're not missing anything and that people are happy with this.

That said, that DLC feels way too weird for me. At least it wasn't day one DLC...hopefully this hasn't actually stolen any development time from the real game.

I love the look of the DLC case! It seems so random. Dat mustache! :udgy:

Art Person

I'm so ecstatic right now! I can't believe they're giving us the DLC as well! (You've done us proud Capcom!)

ZAWA ZAWA

Aww yeah, that DLC case seems awesome, defending a whale! The clothes I couldn't care less about... I'm so pumped! :jazzedgy:
Dual Destinies DLC Coming to the WestTopic%20Title

Master of sharp things!

According to a news post on Capcom Unity, the DLC costumes and additional case called "Turnabout Return" will be making its way to the west. No release date or price point as of yet.

So be prepared for a lawyer wearing a schoolgirl uniform and the chance to defend a killer whale, because it's coming soon!
Re: Duel Destinies DLC Coming to the WestTopic%20Title

Fate Testarossa

http://www.forums.court-records.net/vie ... =3&t=27520

Uhh...

Fate is made by クロス

I only wish that Capcom had waited longer than you know.. the day of release to announce DLC cases. Just seems really money-grubbing (as per usual), with them not even pretending about it.

Dice-Off (Coming Summer 2013...)

kwando wrote:
http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27520

Uhh...

I second this motion.

Also, i hope the "release date" is announced within the next month, i can't avoid spoilers for too long... :chinami:

Blah!

Who's going to cross swords with the pirate? With a game named Duel Destinies, that must be what happens!

Heh, you might want to fix the title.

Anyway, it's nice to see a screenshot of the DLC in English so quickly. Looks like Capcom is dedicated to bring all the game content to NA/Europe, which is nice to see.

Master of sharp things!

kwando wrote:
http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=27520

Uhh...

Ah, I didn't see that. Just up and posted it to the site without checking. I'll get about to merging the topics and fixing the news post asap.

EDIT: Done and done. Sorry about that, folks!

"me buckos"?

Underqwertyuiop wrote:
I only wish that Capcom had waited longer than you know.. the day of release to announce DLC cases. Just seems really money-grubbing (as per usual), with them not even pretending about it.

And what would be the difference if Capcom had waited longer to announce the DLC? :yuusaku:

Blah!

Lusankya wrote:
Underqwertyuiop wrote:

And what would be the difference if Capcom had waited longer to announce the DLC? :yuusaku:

Considering it isn't Day One DLC, I see no problem here. The lack of release date and price suggest they aren't done with it yet, so that's proper DLC. And even if it was day one, they probably wouldn't have finished the case by the time they had to push the game to the lot test/cart production cycle, which takes about 45 days IIRC.

Also remember that this isn't like Asura's Wrath or FFXIII-2 where story DLC was pivotal to the main plot. I wouldn't call this DLC non-canon (it is Phoenix's first case after disbarment after all), but I see no connection to the bombings, which seem to be important to DD (from what I can tell. Staying spoiler free outside of press releases here). Including it as part of the game proper would be out of place from what I can tell. The orca is a big hint in that direction.

Guessing the problem is that the game just got released and there's already content DLC. It's possible that they cut out a part of the game just to release later for more money.

Blah!

ashxu wrote:
Guessing the problem is that the game just got released and there's already content DLC. It's possible that they cut out a part of the game just to release later for more money.

Key difference is that the content DLC was announced, not released yet. It was going to be announced one way or another. Plenty of games have announced upcoming DLC soon after release, and that wasn't a big problem. Day one DLC is much worse, though that sort of depends on what it is. For example, the free costume day one DLC is fairly harmless, just encouraging people to buy the game now instead of later.

And as I said, the case doesn't seem to tie in to the plot of DD, as far as I can tell. As long as it stays that way, this case was never going to be part of the story in the first place. Just like the official manga stories didn't tie directly in to the games and kept the status quo.

If it turns out that it does directly tie in to DD's plot, then that is a problem and I agree with you.

blahmoomoo wrote:
ashxu wrote:

Not true. The case hasn't been released yet, and no release date has been announced yet.

And as I said, the case doesn't seem to tie in to the plot of DD, as far as I can tell. As long as it stays that way, this case was never going to be part of the story in the first place. Just like the official manga stories didn't tie directly in to the games and kept the status quo.

If it turns out that it does directly tie in to DD's plot, then that is a problem and I agree with you.

I merely proposed the possibility. It wouldn't be the first time Capcom has done a dick move with DLC. All I'm saying is that they might of foreseen that they couldn't finish the case on time so instead of delaying the game or releasing it later as free DLC, they just slapped a price tag on it and pretended that it wasn't planned to be in the initial game.

I know I sound cynical yes but recently Capcom hasn't exactly gotten a lot of ticks in the books of their fanbases.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

For some reason I get the feeling this is the kind of case Yamazaki would've written if he had made Ace Attorney to begin with. His plots in Ace Attorney 5 seem just as implausible as those of Shu Takumi, but overall some are way weirder/far-fetched. Not sure if I like it or not, but it might grow on me.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I hope we get the feenie outfit and quizzes too. I'd love fighting in court with a feenie.

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

jaydrick0620 wrote:
I hope we get the feenie outfit and quizzes too. I'd love fighting in court with a feenie.

Imagine the contrast between Phoenix in his pink shirt and Simon.

OBJECTION!

This case sounds very very interesting. :yuusaku:

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Thane wrote:
jaydrick0620 wrote:

Imagine the contrast between Phoenix in his pink shirt and Simon.

I know right. Looks like the Orca's name is 'Orla'

What did he do this time...?

Quote:
For some reason I get the feeling this is the kind of case Yamazaki would've written if he had made Ace Attorney to begin with. His plots in Ace Attorney 5 seem just as implausible as those of Shu Takumi, but overall some are way weirder/far-fetched. Not sure if I like it or not, but it might grow on me.

Quote:
That said, that DLC feels way too weird for me.

I have to agree with you, Thane... granted, there is always a weird case (example 1-3, 3-3), so maybe I'll wait until people play it and see if it's good or not.
Want to play my custom-made Ace Attorney case made on Ace Attorney Online? (you must be using Firefox to run it)
Turnabout Destiny

Dracarys!

So... Is the orca suspected of eating the victim or something?

Last edited by Ropfa on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

My name is Judge.

Ropfa wrote:
So... Is the orca suspecting of eating the victim or something?

Probably of wrapping his fin around a cutlass and stabbing the victim repeatedly.

Just a hypothesis (the prosecution has certainly proposed more ridiculous scenarios).

OBJECTION!

Does this also confirm the Quiz DLC to be localized? :ini:

Programmer

Quizes are confirmed as not being localized. This due to a high reliance on Japanese culture.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

henke37 wrote:
Quizes are confirmed as not being localized. This due to a high reliance on Japanese culture.

How so?

henke37 wrote:

As a fan of the Ace Attorney series, you should know what you need to do...

(Present Evidence) :object:

Edit: No need brothers/sisters, i found the post from Chris. Although i don't see why they can't try and make it relevant to Western Cultures...

Quote:
Chris
Unfortunately, the quiz DLC won't be coming to western territories since it requires an in-depth knowledge of Japanese culture.

I can only hope the way they make this up to us is to release certain DLC to us before Japan (although unlikely)

Blah!

henke37 wrote:

I wonder if they'll release the costume awards as their own DLC. If so, that's definitely a DLC I won't be getting, since it's just almost pointless aesthetic.

I wonder what the questions are about exactly and how close they are to the AA universe. Because if the questions really relied on that much Japanese culture to make it super hard to localize, then it sounds like it isn't that related to AA in the first place.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

I just want the costume prizes... I want the feenie real bad. I hope a huge letter 'p' doesn't rely too much on Japanese culture.

jaydrick0620 wrote:
I just want the costume prizes... I want the feenie real bad. I hope a huge letter 'p' doesn't rely too much on Japanese culture.

I see what you did there, good one. :jake:

Missile

It seems people either love or hate DLC.
I personally despise it.
Later deciding to add something to the game to improve it, sure that's cool. But the entire premise behind planned DLC isn't 'How can we make this game better?'. It's more like 'How can we squeeze the consumer for more money?' and 'How can we tackle the used-game market?'. It's just so cynical. Anyone who doesn't realize that is just naive.

Whether or not you feel the DLC justifies your money is a different question though.

Programmer

DLC existed very early. They used to call it "expansion packs" back then.

Games are special, you can add content to them easily. Imagine trying the same thing with any other medium. It wouldn't be added content, it would require a brand new product.

Reusing the game engine and creating some new content is cheaper than making a completely new game. And sometimes the engine is just fine as it is. The problem here is DLC that is too "small" for people to think of it as valuable and as such demand the content for free.

Some people take offense to locked on disc content. I ask the honest question, how does this differ from additional content delivered by other methods? The answer is that there is an inherent feel that if you own the medium then you should own the content. Is it a rational feeling or is it just people wanting stuff that they believe they have even if they legally don't?

In the end I think the main issue these days is how trivial the extra content is. Is it an added chapter to the story or just a new hat? Is it something people want because it is there to collect or because it has a value to the consumer?
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Yay! :edgy: I had wanted a pirate captain in the upcoming game. Never guessed it would happen.
Page 1 of 2 [ 69 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes