Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 1 of 2[ 46 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Case 1 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

This thread is for discussion of all things case one-related. Spoiler tags don't need to be used in this thread when discussing the basics of case one. They should be used when discussing earlier cases or later cases, or the later parts of case one.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: Case 1 discussion thread (SPOILERS)Topic%20Title

Change from the Demo version:

Spoiler:
It's starts from Athena's viewpoint. No Phoenix to be found.

DeMat edit: Spoiler tags start with [spoiler=], not [spoiler]. There's a handy button in the Reply page for that. I WILL NOT forgive spoilers posted because of this mistake.

Spoiler: Other notes, and don't kill me for my previous mistake
Athena was set to defend Juniper, but Phoenix takes over later. They reveal the victim as well in the beginning.

元・超会社員級の管理人

Up to the save point.

Spoiler: Case one
So Athena freezes up in court, and Phoenix comes to take over. Once he does, things go pretty much like the demo, and the judge ends the trial for the day after the revelation that there were two dolls.

As they leave, Juniper mentions Apollo went to the ruined courtroom to look for evidence. The group decides to pay him a visit, but when they do...

To be continued.

Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.

Somewhere Trucy is crying out "Apollo, don't leave me!"
Spoiler:
I'm crying at that thought

元・超会社員級の管理人

Finished the case. It was pretty decent, though I felt the criminal went down without much of a fight.

Spoiler:
So as you can imagine, Tonate's the one who both bombed the courtroom and attacked Apollo. What happened was that the victim, Hozumi, realized he was going to bomb the courtroom found out he was stealing 'special' bombs like the HH-3000 (thanks Ash) and confronted him in the courtroom. He killed her then, hid her body in a metal case used for carrying the bomb, and later left it in the courtroom after the explosion. But Apollo went to investigate the case, so he had to shut him up.

There's a little foreshadowing for the rest of the game, but nothing we haven't seen in trailers (Apollo leaving the agency, etc.)

I'll be uploading the case soon.

Wooster wrote:

迷探偵

Just finished the first case too. You're wrong about the motive though.

Spoiler:
Barashima had been stealing 'special/rare' bombs, and he was about to steal the HH-somethingsomething too, when he was caught by Hozumi

A bit of a different first case because of the dynamics (both story-wise as character wise) and not too big of a fan of sudden animation... but an OK start.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

元・超会社員級の管理人

Ash wrote:
Just finished the first case too. You're wrong about the motive though.

Spoiler:
Barashima had been stealing 'special/rare' bombs, and he was about to steal the HH-somethingsomething too, when he was caught by Hozumi

A bit of a different first case because of the dynamics (both story-wise as character wise) and not too big of a fan of sudden animation... but an OK start.

Whoopsie. :payne: I was in a bit of a rush at the end of the case so I wasn't reading very closely at that point. Thanks for the correction!

Wooster wrote:

元・超会社員級の管理人

Bumping to say that my playthrough of case one should be available here on YouTube in the next hour or two, once it gets done processing.

Wooster wrote:

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
Just to be absolutely sure, what is the victim's name? I've seen it as Hozumi Kakuru or Hozumi Kaku. Which one is correct?

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Bolt's video has been taken down. He probably got a copyright strike. :larry:
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet

fourtrass wrote:
Bolt's video has been taken down. He probably got a copyright strike. :larry:

Daah, I wanted to see it too... :sadshoe:
ImageImage
Repede wrote:
Yes, I'm a dog that smokes a pipe and owns an Xbox Live account... So what?

Okay, Bolt I hope you don't mind that I do this, but I manged to find a way y'all can view the video, but I don't know how long it will work.

I had the video open on my mac, so I downloaded a special program and copied all the HTML into it and generated a HTML file, this file will open a YouTube page, you still need internet to view it. Keep in mind, the video is still being downloaded from YouTube's servers, so I don't know how long the file will be available for.

Spoiler: Link to the HTML file that contains the video which shows the complete 1st case, obvious major spoilers!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8an27mvczxzvmgt/AA5.html

I hope this helps y'all who wanted to see it. And Bolt, again I hope you don't mind that I do this ^^;

This no longer works =(

Last edited by marco23p on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

~chansey~

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
Just to be absolutely sure, what is the victim's name? I've seen it as Hozumi Kakuru or Hozumi Kaku. Which one is correct?

Spoiler:
It's Kaku.

Spoiler: First impression
Although I enjoyed the demo I always felt it was a bit off, and when playing the real thing I realized why... It missed the real "Gyakuten" feeling (you who haven't played will understand when you do). It was an alright start but yeah, could've been more epic imo. But meh, I know that will come.

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
So the trailer was wrong about her name? I thought the reading of the last character of her last name was "kuru" so it was just "ku"?

So why was Juniper accused of killing Hozumi Kaku in the first place? I can understand the bombing part but why the murder?

Seasoned Animator

Guess Capcom are being #*$%£ again.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Racing through the sky like a Missile

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
So why was Juniper accused of killing Hozumi Kaku in the first place? I can understand the bombing part but why the murder?

Spoiler:
Because of a certain someone who got brained by debris and seemed to have inscribed a name in blood... Juniper's name. I'll let you guess from there.

The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

~chansey~

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:
So the trailer was wrong about her name? I thought the reading of the last character of her last name was "kuru" so it was just "ku"?

Spoiler:
Didn't they just think that her death was a result of the bombing? That she died of debris that fell on her? That's how I interpreted it in any case. Can't remember anyone being accused of hitting her during the early trial. That she died by being hit on the back of her head by a flat object doesn't mean this was by someones direct action (even though it turned out to be like that ofc.)

1000% Knight

Spoiler: Up to the veeeeeeeery beginning of court
The attorney isn't Nick, but Polly?

And the attorney isn't Polly, but Kokone?

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

EDIT:
Spoiler: slightly further
IT WAS A MURDER

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Geez, Bad. You sound so happy.

Then again, I can't sleep anymore, even though I'm still sleepy. This game is amazing.

I'll be playing through the cases several times in case I miss anything, so I may be able to join the walkthrough thread from time to time.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

1000% Knight

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Number seven, yo.

Anyway, finished. Not as good as GK2-1 or 4-1, but better than the other intro cases.

I wonder...
Spoiler: 5-1, GK2
Did Shinobu actually take the detonator...? Maybe she'll end up being a villain, like Souta. Hmm....

Seasoned Animator

Spoiler:
Guess we'll have to wait until Turnabout Academy to find out.

Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter

Bad Player wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Number seven, yo.

Anyway, finished. Not as good as GK2-1 or 4-1, but better than the other intro cases.

I wonder...
Spoiler: 5-1, GK2
Did Shinobu actually take the detonator...? Maybe she'll end up being a villain, like Souta. Hmm....

I've finished the case now, throwing in extra presses and wrong presentations. It gets bonus points for the creepy-as-heck faces from the real culprit's breakdown.

Spoiler:
I'd say it's more likely that someone else outside the scenes took the detonator. Barashima did say he was going to take the bomb to the black market. It's obviously something that was worth a lot.

But what concerns me more is that cutscene of Athena's parents or so being slashed apart before her. I've seen the scene with Yugami's intro, and the two are eerily similar. Will Athena turn out to be a criminal after all...?

On that note, I'd like to see Naruhodo-kun visit Shinobu. Climbing 800 meters into forested mountains is good exercise, and the man is in dire need of it.

And yes, the Phoenix-is-old jokes have returned. He even objects to one.

1000% Knight

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Spoiler:
But what concerns me more is that cutscene of Athena's parents or so being slashed apart before her. I've seen the scene with Yugami's intro, and the two are eerily similar. Will Athena turn out to be a criminal after all...?

Oh, just got to that.
Spoiler: 5-1, 5-2
I suppose Yuugami is the criminal who (didn't!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) killed Kokone's parents.

...I have a random hunch that this will end up like 1-5 in the last case, where they think it was actually Kokone who killed her parents and then it turns out to be the Big Bad

I play videogames.

Spoiler:
Am I the only one who went straight for the tracks in that one picture without seeing the mark on Apollo's bandage first? Sigh... should have known better than to be so hasty.

"Confess the Truth 2013" made Barashima's confession/breakdown at the end a LOT more dramatic. A solid track, for sure. I need to get off its case, but I'm still not happy with the Allegro in this game. Hm...

Was surprised to see the game "move around" as much as it did too.

Image Image Image

We are one

Spoiler:
What happened to Apollo? Is he dead or is he in hospital?

1000% Knight

Sportacus wrote:
Spoiler:
What happened to Apollo? Is he dead or is he in hospital?

Spoiler:
He got injured in the explosion that the case is centered around. His injuries act up right before court starts, so Kokone (and then Nick) takes over instead while he rests. However, someone hits Polly over the back of the head during the first day of court, and Polly goes to the hospital. He recovers after a day or so, but then decides to leave Wright Anything Agency for a bit.

Monkey with a gun

Spoiler:
Be honest, for those of you who didnt know before hand, what were your reactions when Ted Tonate behind the freaking door

Also
Spoiler:
YAY, it DID have a murder, also from what i seen and known, i like this case 1, simple and yet complex, frankly it beats Edgeworth 1 and dare i say certain originals but all of them were unique and nothing will be more our of nowhere than Apollo and Edgeworth 2

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Woo I'm a little late but I just finished case 1!

Over all I liked it. Not blown away but a decent start. Apollo has become a badass, me likey.

Question though

Spoiler:
Did they say what Juniper was doing in court to begin with? I know Payne mentioned that she had a grudge against the courts or something as part of her motive, but I think I missed something in there as to why she was out of the mountains in the first place.

ImageImage

I play videogames.

Spoiler:
Her reason for being in court is somewhat explained in Case 4.

Image Image Image

I wish I WERE the best.

Spoiler:
I've heard that Juniper actually lives out in a forest. Is that true?

And does Gaspen Payne ever come back after he ran away and whatnot?

1000% Knight

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:

It's more of a mountain :keiko:

Procrastinating...

AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
He appears in the credits, but runs away AGAIN. :grey:

So... How's life?

Does Gaspen make any sort of mention of Winston? Like, did Winston retire or something and that's why Gaspen is there instead?

I wish I WERE the best.

nearsightedwaddledee wrote:
AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Why does he run away in the credits? Does he get scared by a bomb threat again?

元・超会社員級の管理人

AnsweringNOW wrote:
nearsightedwaddledee wrote:
AnsweringNOW wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Why does he run away in the credits? Does he get scared by a bomb threat again?

Spoiler: Credits spoilers
Edgeworth calls him to have a little chat, and he takes off running. Later during Edgeworth's scene in the credits we hear him off-screen getting his salary cut.

TheIdioteque wrote:
Does Gaspen make any sort of mention of Winston? Like, did Winston retire or something and that's why Gaspen is there instead?

Not really, though he does refer to Winston as Phoenix's "rival" (much to Phoenix's surprise.)

Wooster wrote:

My name is Judge.

My only guess as to why Gaspen is there and not Winston is that it's not Phoenix's FIRST trial back. Though I don't think Winston is the prosecutor of Turnabout Return, is he... hm.

Master of sharp things!

Bolt Storm wrote:
Edgeworth calls him to have a little chat, and he takes off running. Later during Edgeworth's scene in the credits we hear him off-screen getting his salary cut.

So I guess Gaspen is the new Gumshoe in that regard?

Percei wrote:
My only guess as to why Gaspen is there and not Winston is that it's not Phoenix's FIRST trial back. Though I don't think Winston is the prosecutor of Turnabout Return, is he... hm.

They haven't said who the prosecutor for that will be. I hope it's not Winston, though. Didn't they say he retired or something in a pre-release announcement? Or maybe that was just about Gaspen being his brother, I'm not sure.

I wish I WERE the best.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Percei wrote:

They haven't said who the prosecutor for that will be. I hope it's not Winston, though. Didn't they say he retired or something in a pre-release announcement? Or maybe that was just about Gaspen being his brother, I'm not sure.

Spoiler:
I thought it was Blackquill who is the prosecutor for Turnabout Return. They showed a screenshot of him in court on the DLC page of the website.

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:

Spoiler:
Now that Edgeworth is Chief Prosecutor, he has control over the entire Prosecutor's Office, and thus the salaries of those who work there. To tell the truth, I'm terrified. At least it isn't Franziska, or the entire police force would be doomed.

Page 1 of 2 [ 46 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)