Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)

Page 2 of 4[ 136 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: The general impressions/playthrough threadTopic%20Title

Achtung,baby~!

linkenski wrote:
Wooster wrote:
See, I dislike linear story telling because you have a clue what's happening next. All your foreshadowing has to be done in advance and it's harder to have misconceptions if you have all the fore-data. It's basically Cause and Effect. When you have all the causes, the effect becomes obvious. On the other hand, consider when GS4 was just pumping out, and we got our first glimpse of Hobohodo. The fandom EXPLOADED. But if the game opened with the flashback trial, all the theories and misconceptions we got to fly around would never have manifested and the hype would've been more rage and apathy. It'd be very dull.

I won't just generalize here and say "Linear story is better than non-linear narrative" or vice versa. Look, we both know there are good and bad ways to use it, and when you look at the exectution of it with AAI it all comes down to our opinion. I'm fine with Turnabout Reminiscence being a flashback case because it's a lot of years before everything else, and likewise with AJ and the second half of case 4. It was done really well, I agree, but cases 2 and 3 for example, in AAI are practically filler cases. You get some foreshadowing and little information on what's next and the "ooh, look that's Buddy Faith there, so he's gonna die after this case!" but really..? was it really necessary for the writer to make case 1 and then go "Let's rewind to when this started" just to show us two events that had almost nothing to do with the main plot. It wasn't very good in 2-1 either because it would've been a bigger surprise if you saw Maya without knowing Phoenix was going to be able to meet her or not.

Wow,literally stole the words right outta my mouth,lol
Also,if I may add,
Spoiler: AAI Case 3
the tiny bit with buddy faith wasn't that gut wrenching imo considering most of us couldn't really care about the guy even if we wanted to :yuusaku:
He wasn't fleshed out enough for most of the players to feel anything for him when he walked off-screen.

After playing and re-playing it, I think GS5 is quite easily in the top two, maybe even a contender for best in the series. There's not a single case I disliked, and that usually never happens when I play this series. Even GK2 had a few bad eggs.

"I'm so sick of Khura'in!"

It has to be noticably better than AAI if it has to win me over though, but it also looks like it is.

I've heard the writing in this game is a little flat or superficial like in AAI though. I've heard people say that Phoenix is "more mature" but his characterization is "boring" and that things that are meant to be funny in the game sometimes fall flat. Sounds awfully much like my experience with AAI, Can anyone comment on this?
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney

1000% Knight

I'm in the midst of case 5, so I haven't finished it yet, but there's something about GS5 that I just... don't like.

The crimes are top-notch (this and GK2 are definitely the top two, although it's hard to put one as number one), and this is probably my favorite overall cast so far (even the characters I didn't like I found really entertaining and enjoyable).

I think part of it is the fact that we don't get to connect with any one protagonist. In the other games, we play as one person for most (if not all) of the game, letting us connect with them over the course of the game, while in GS5 we're flip-flopping between three people. Plus Kokone is such a sue... She shows up out of nowhere and wraps the plot around herself in a way that's not even very original for the series at this point.

...The fact that GS5 probably has the worst OST in the franchise doesn't help, either.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Godot's the Man

Bad Player wrote:
I'm in the midst of case 5, so I haven't finished it yet, but there's something about GS5 that I just... don't like.

The crimes are top-notch (this and GK2 are definitely the top two, although it's hard to put one as number one), and this is probably my favorite overall cast so far (even the characters I didn't like I found really entertaining and enjoyable).

I think part of it is the fact that we don't get to connect with any one protagonist. In the other games, we play as one person for most (if not all) of the game, letting us connect with them over the course of the game, while in GS5 we're flip-flopping between three people. Plus Kokone is such a sue... She shows up out of nowhere and wraps the plot around herself in a way that's not even very original for the series at this point.

...The fact that GS5 probably has the worst OST in the franchise doesn't help, either.

Do you feel the game raps up nicely though? Even though you havent finished the last case, do you feel its one game with the same plot and them running throughout? I mean the cases and the plot must make up for some of the characterization falling flat?

Oh and you really think the music is that bad? From what I've heard so far, I think its decent, at least better than AAI and JFA.

~*Deux Ames Un Coeur*~

I'm sitting here very very VERY confused over how I feel about this game. I'm constantly switching back and forth between really liking it and being incredibly disappointed, and it's driving me INSANE

Good Points:
--Overall good cases, the fillers were some of the best in the series imo
--Some Apollo backstory, which was sorely needed and I am very grateful for.
--I liked the new characters overall, Simon especially.
--Very interesting villain reveal
--I'm a fan of the soundtrack (September 25 needs to hurry up and get here)

Bad Points:
--Athena's story was VERY HEAVY. It may sound like a weird complaint, but there was an awful lot of NEW despite the game sort of being advertised as a sequel to AJ. I expected it to be the JFA to AJ's PW....but it wasn't, really. (spoiler box 2)
--A consequence of that was that the most important (imo) GS4 plot threads were never really addressed (spoiler box 1)
--The main villain...I'm still really confused about his motives and everything surrounding it; it felt weak because of that.

Spoiler: GS4-related GS5 spoilers
While I'm certainly pleased the game outright said Apollo doesn't have a mother, the fact that another year in-series has passed without him or Trucy knowing anything about their relationship is more than a little annoying. I almost had my hopes up a bit when we saw Lamiroir's costume in case 3, but those were dashed pretty quickly.

Then we also have the issue of Kristoph's black psyche locks, which could have been handwaved before using the events that happened within GS4, accidentally being brought back via Pearl's explanation of what they actually mean...Kristoph just got a lot more confusing.

Spoiler: Athena
I think I kind of agree that Athena feels Sue-ish. I'm not sure myself if I actually want to go full-out and call her a Mary Sue, but her overall involvement in the plot, the constant praise from just about EVERYONE regarding the Mood Matrix and psychology, her genius-status that isn't balanced out by anything (in the same way Franziska's 13yo genius self was balanced out by some of her other personality traits), and I just have to bring up again how HEAVY her past was in the game...it doesn't add up very well.

It really doesn't help that it feels like they were trying to go with some parallel with her, what with her stories somehow combining Maya's and Phoenix's and upping the angst to 11.

In the end...as a game in and of itself, it's great. As a sequel, it falls a bit short.

Bad Player wrote:

Wow, that's the first time I hear someone saying such a thing. I personally think the GS5 OST could be the best one in the series, although I can't really judge this until I have played the game myself.
Is there a special reason for your disliking or is it just, well, like it is? (I mean I can't really explain myself why I think the JFA OST is the weakest in the series.)

Achtung,baby~!

So,guys,which one do you think is better;
Trials&Tribulation or Dual Destinies?

1000% Knight

Lusankya wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Wow, that's the first time I hear someone saying such a thing. I personally think the GS5 OST could be the best one in the series, although I can't really judge this until I have played the game myself.
Is there a special reason for your disliking or is it just, well, like it is? (I mean I can't really explain myself why I think the JFA OST is the weakest in the series.)

The melodies are very weak and forgettable imo.
It sounds perfectly fine in-game, but I don't think any of it is going to stick.
(Also, I think JFA is a strange OST. I think it has some really good songs that just don't fit the GBA/DS bittune feel at all.)

The Reaper ~

Jonathan wrote:
So,guys,which one do you think is better;
Trials&Tribulation or Dual Destinies?

For me, Dual Destinies. T&T is not a AA I really like. Last case is really good, but I don't really like the others. Plus, I'm one of those rare people who doesn't like Godot, I hate him in fact, don't ask why xD

But in this game I like every case. Every case has something that makes you like them. There are really FUNNY scenes and new characters are awesome. Story is interesting and I really like Blackquill as a rival, he is great I love him! xD I don't like that past characters (Trucy, Pearl...) don't appear too often in the game, but still it's good to see them.

I hope they make an AA6.

1000% Knight

NinjAngel wrote:
Spoiler: GS4-related GS5 spoilers
Then we also have the issue of Kristoph's black psyche locks, which could have been handwaved before using the events that happened within GS4, accidentally being brought back via Pearl's explanation of what they actually mean...Kristoph just got a lot more confusing.

oh hey

Anyway, my turn

Good Points:
-Some of the best cases in the franchise (you can definitely tell this was done by the GK2 team)
-Lots of unique, entertaining new characters
-No "character bloat" (which was my biggest (and really only) complaint in GK2)
-Best graphics so far
-It seems like they really did listen to some of the biggest complaints about GS4 and address them
-As a prosecutor, Yugami is one of the best in the series

Bad Points:
-There are some small changes that... are kind of annoying (ex. the save menu doesn't automatically close after saving)
-Investigations feel a lot more closed and linear than previous games
-It's really easy. And not just in terms of it being simple or something...
Spoiler: Example, so obviously spoilers
At one point, Polly goes "(Those red numbers on the ground...)" and literally 10 seconds later you need to point out the red numbers on the ground in the photo. Stuff like that.

-Kokone is such a sue.
-The general direction of the plot is pretty predictable; there are quite a few similarities to things in other games
-With three protagonists that split up screentime, I didn't feel particularly attached to any of them
-The "magic powers" systems felt a bit spread thin; I think because there were so many of them this time, none of them felt particularly well-utilized (except Mood Matrix)
-Returning characters weren't utilized particularly well
Spoiler: Returning characters, no real story spoilers
Pearl felt completely pointlessly tacked on. Klavier also didn't feel like he contributed much, and he was added just to have him there. Trucy actually felt the opposite; it felt like she was there only because she had to be there, since Nick's teenage daughter couldn't just magically disappear. Edgey was fine, though.

-OST is pretty meh

If it looks like there's a lot of bad points, it's because... there's something about the game I just didn't really like. To be honest, I don't know exactly what it is. To me, the most important thing by far is the mysteries, and after that it's probably the characters, and I think that both of those elements were fantastic in here, but... I really don't know :yuusaku:

Bad Player wrote:
-Kokone is such a sue.

The dark days of gaming are upon us...

Master of sharp things!

Bad Player wrote:
It sounds perfectly fine in-game, but I don't think any of it is going to stick.

I have to disagree on that. I haven't played the game directly (I watched a livestream and listened to the soundtrack), but I really like the music this time. I still haven't stopped hearing Fulbright's theme in my head every now and then. That one definitely sticks out to me. It's so... Toy Story-ish.

Thane wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
-Kokone is such a sue.

Hyperbole, thy name is Thane. :godot:

I really disagree with everyone calling Kokone a Mary Sue. I don't know if you guys just have different definitions of what a Mary Sue is or something like that, but I really don't think she is. A Mary Sue is a character that is essentially flawless that everyone likes (Regardless of whether they should be against her or with her) that is always right, even in situations where there is no way that she normally should be.

I mean, she isn't that complex of a character, but she's definitely not that. Also,

Spoiler: Major Spoilers
How is her having Black Psyche Locks a reason that she's a Mary Sue. I really can't get over this. i mean, the reason that she does have them in the first place shows that she isn't flawless.

The Reaper ~

Alkolto wrote:
I really disagree with everyone calling Kokone a Mary Sue. I don't know if you guys just have different definitions of what a Mary Sue is or something like that, but I really don't think she is. A Mary Sue is a character that is essentially flawless that everyone likes (Regardless of whether they should be against her or with her) that is always right, even in situations where there is no way that she normally should be.

I mean, she isn't that complex of a character, but she's definitely not that. Also,

How is her having Black Psyche Locks a reason that she's a Mary Sue. I really can't get over this. i mean, the reason that she does have them in the first place shows that she isn't flawless.

I agree with you, and

Spoiler:
I really liked that they used the Black Psyche Locks on her, and they finally explained what are them.

1000% Knight

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

I have to disagree on that. I haven't played the game directly (I watched a livestream and listened to the soundtrack), but I really like the music this time. I still haven't stopped hearing Fulbright's theme in my head every now and then. That one definitely sticks out to me. It's so... Toy Story-ish.

I also really liked his theme. But it's not like a few good tracks can save the entire OST.

Alkolto wrote:

Kokone is essential flawless and everyone does like her. (She's also always right, but... AA protags always are.)
Spoiler: major spoilers
The black psyche-locks don't show she has a flaw. They show she thinks she killed her mom. Which is a tragic backstory, not a flaw. (If they do show a flaw... exactly what is that flaw, then?)

What Bolt (I think it was Bolt who mentioned the black psyche-locks in relation to Kokone being a sue) meant by it, I think, is that Kokone is special. Black psyche-locks are something we've only seen one other time in the franchise, and Kokone just got them. I mean, it seemed pretty obvious to me that the only reason psyche-locks were in the game at all was so Kokone could have black ones.

And even if Kokone isn't a sue, it doesn't make much of a difference if she's just as boring as one =\

Racing through the sky like a Missile

To be fair, Athena's character design was made as the scenarios were being written. It's only natural that her presence and backstory would feel forced in at times. She still fits into the cast well and serves her purpose as a game mechanic... erm, I mean as a supporting character.

Quote:

There are multiple versions of a "Mary Sue", and Athena happens to share quite a lot with the fighter-type. I do agree that she's not completely a Sue, though. Her backstory, instead of making her a stereotype, actually develops her character and gives a completely different perspective on her. Rarely would that happen with a real Sue.

On an unrelated note, if they hadn't cut up case 4 into two parts, it would feel incredibly long, and the symbolism behind beginning a case with the latest Phoenix vs Edgeworth encounter would fade. That animated intro scene was so beautiful... it does better as the intro to a case, rather than an insert in the middle of one.

...But I really wanted to hit Apollo when he showed up in the 5th case. I won't go into details, but he just pissed me off. Thankfully, it had nothing to do with his missing mother, or I would have stopped caring for him.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

Bad Player wrote:
Kokone is essential flawless and everyone does like her. (She's also always right, but... AA protags always are.)

No, she really isn't flawless. She's not some super flawed character with seemingly nothing right, but it's not all black and white. Also, not everybody likes her. It's not like the villains all throw themselves at her, when they have no reason to like her. Everyone who does like her also has a reason to like her, rather than 'just because' like most Mary Sues are.

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: major spoilers
The black psyche-locks don't show she has a flaw. They show she thinks she killed her mom. Which is a tragic backstory, not a flaw. (If they do show a flaw... exactly what is that flaw, then?)

What Bolt (I think it was Bolt who mentioned the black psyche-locks in relation to Kokone being a sue) meant by it, I think, is that Kokone is special. Black psyche-locks are something we've only seen one other time in the franchise, and Kokone just got them. I mean, it seemed pretty obvious to me that the only reason psyche-locks were in the game at all was so Kokone could have black ones.

And even if Kokone isn't a sue, it doesn't make much of a difference if she's just as boring as one =\

Uh... Because the very basis of her not being able to remember what happened and her blaming herself for her mother's death is a flaw?

Also, this why I don't agree with your guys view of what a Mary Sue is. Being special =/= Mary Sue. If there is no reason for being special, and yet they still are, then that's a Mary Sue. Her Black Psyche Locks are justified by the context, as are pretty much all of the other times where she becomes important to the story. Because a lot of the plots tend to be connected to he in some way doesn't make her a Mary Sue. Hell, in any other story that would be 100% normal. It's only different here, because that normally doesn't happen in Ace Attorney games. But even then, you could say that about Maya to some extent. Is Maya a Mary Sue now?

I play videogames.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
On an unrelated note, if they hadn't cut up case 4 into two parts, it would feel incredibly long, and the symbolism behind beginning a case with the latest Phoenix vs Edgeworth encounter would fade. That animated intro scene was so beautiful... it does better as the intro to a case, rather than an insert in the middle of one.

Spoiler:
The fact of the matter is, whether it's "technically" in Case 4 or Case 5, it still feels like one case anyways. At least that's the impression I got while playing. The whole time I was playing C5, it just felt like I was playing the middle and back-halves of C4. I do agree that the intro to C5 works best as an intro to an entire Case, but as far as the "Phoenix vs. Edgeworth" thing is concerned, I don't think it would have made a real difference.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
...But I really wanted to hit Apollo when he showed up in the 5th case. I won't go into details, but he just pissed me off. Thankfully, it had nothing to do with his missing mother, or I would have stopped caring for him.

Spoiler:
Which scene is this? Are you talking about when he showed up in court and gave his testimony? He had his reasons, and I'd say fair ones, for being kind of a jerk throughout some of the case.

Image Image Image

Thane wrote:
Bad Player wrote:
-Kokone is such a sue.

Quote:
Hyperbole, thy name is Thane. :godot:

Thanks, I try.

Seriously though, I was hoping she'd turn out to be a villain or something.

Lusankya wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Really? What about AAI or GK2 though? I'd dare say Noriyuke Iwadare did way better here. The only complaint I have about the soundtrack is that there's a lot of inconsistency in the quality of each piece. Some tracks are remixes made in MIDI, some are orchestrated, and some... are just reuses of MIDI tracks from AJ... tha wut? But the tracks that are orchestrated did have a nice feel to them imo.

I play videogames.

linkenski wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

Really? What about AAI or GK2 though? I'd dare say Noriyuke Iwadare did way better here. The only complaint I have about the soundtrack is that there's a lot of inconsistency in the quality of each piece. Some tracks are remixes made in MIDI, some are orchestrated, and some... are just reuses of MIDI tracks from AJ... tha wut? But the tracks that are orchestrated did have a nice feel to them imo.

Reading this topic the past little while, I may be the only person alive that prefers Iwadare's tracks over the other two composers. How people can prefer AA2 and AA4's soundtracks as a whole over Iwadare's is beyond me. Oh well, that's music for you.

I will say I was disappointed that Klavier's theme was literally the same as it was in AA4... They seriously couldn't find someone to play a real guitar...?
Image Image Image

SeanHK wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Spoiler:
The fact of the matter is, whether it's "technically" in Case 4 or Case 5, it still feels like one case anyways. At least that's the impression I got while playing. The whole time I was playing C5, it just felt like I was playing the middle and back-halves of C4. I do agree that the intro to C5 works best as an intro to an entire Case, but as far as the "Phoenix vs. Edgeworth" thing is concerned, I don't think it would have made a real difference.

The main problem I have with both of those cases is that the pacing is a bit uneven. I remember my experience playing GK2-5, and it had too many things stuffed into one case, as if to tie up all the loose ends it made throughout the rest of the game. Thankfully, it wasn't like that here, but I agree that by splitting them up, it makes for two VERY short cases that would be better off staying as one because they're so intertwined.

Spoiler:
Case 4 led an interesting premise and the style of storytelling was unique, being the first case in the series to have a different case inserted into its midst, but it led into a wrap-up in case 5 that was too quick for my liking. The end also felt rather... *ahem* trite (pun intended) with all that talk of the magic of friendship and stuff. The final triple objection was amazing, though.

Quote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Spoiler:
Which scene is this? Are you talking about when he showed up in court and gave his testimony? He had his reasons, and I'd say fair ones, for being kind of a jerk throughout some of the case.

Spoiler:
Yep, that part. I did expect him to show up in that trial at some point, so I wasn't surprised. The reasons he gave were also very expected, and I could understand where he was coming from. Although the reveal that he "wanted to believe in her" wasn't really much of a reveal, it was still touching, and the music definitely enhanced the mood.

Still, I was tired by that point; just played through case 4 and 5 in one go and needed a break. When Apollo stopped the trial from ending, I wanted to throw him out of there, is all. The following Mood Matrix diagnoses with Jin and the Phantom were beginning to irritate my ears. I don't have anyone but myself to blame, but eh.

Quote:
I will say I was disappointed that Klavier's theme was literally the same as it was in AA4... They seriously couldn't find someone to play a real guitar...?

I always thought he carried around a tape recorder with him, so his theme would always be playing in his presence.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu

Procrastinating...

Spoiler: Case 4 spoilers
I have only one thing to say. Oogawara's breakdown is HYSTERICAL. :moe-laugh:

Posting that character X has a breakdown is a spoiler, and this thread in particular is supposed to be spoiler-free. One-day suspension. -Bolt
So... How's life?

1000% Knight

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
SeanHK wrote:
Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:

Spoiler:

The main problem I have with both of those cases is that the pacing is a bit uneven. I remember my experience playing GK2-5, and it had too many things stuffed into one case, as if to tie up all the loose ends it made throughout the rest of the game. Thankfully, it wasn't like that here, but I agree that by splitting them up, it makes for two VERY short cases that would be better off staying as one because they're so intertwined.

Spoiler:
Case 4 led an interesting premise and the style of storytelling was unique, being the first case in the series to have a different case inserted into its midst, but it led into a wrap-up in case 5 that was too quick for my liking. The end also felt rather... *ahem* trite (pun intended) with all that talk of the magic of friendship and stuff. The final triple objection was amazing, though.

Spoiler:
In case 3 they explicitly mentioned the 3-day trial limit, so I went "Are they really going to do it again...?!"

...And then they have the perfect opportunity to do a 3-day trial, but they split it in two cases. (If it had been one case, it technically wouldn't have a 3-day trial, but it still would've been 3 days of trial in one case.)

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
In case 3 they explicitly mentioned the 3-day trial limit, so I went "Are they really going to do it again...?!"

...And then they have the perfect opportunity to do a 3-day trial, but they split it in two cases. (If it had been one case, it technically wouldn't have a 3-day trial, but it still would've been 3 days of trial in one case.)

Spoiler:
I think case 4 would have done better had the premise of the case been less... ordinary. I was given lots of build-up to the case that preceded the bombing incident, and it's just your average stabbing. The space theme and literal turnabout center gave it a new twist, though, and the characters were lovable.

As for the 5th case, I was hoping there would be more to the crimes other than pinning everything on one guy who remains nameless for the sake of plot. Although the build-up to the breakdown and the breakdown itself is worth another run, the Phantom has to be one of the worst villains and plot devices ever in the series. You'd think an international spy like him would be trained to fight against psychological warfare like that.

If there had been not one spy, but two or three, the case could have made for that 3-day trial. We could have gotten a chance to play as Apollo as well, beside the Perceive segments. We could have had another trial that's indirectly connected to case 4, so that there'd be a legitimate case 5. We could have had more use of Pearl and Trucy existing. Everything could have actually gone international.

But I'll stop there. This game doesn't mark the end of the series, so it's expected that the dev team would hold back on some ideas. Perhaps my envisions are simply being postponed for a future game.

1000% Knight

Spoiler:
But he was trained against psychological warfare. That was the whole point of the Mood Matrix going crazy whenever you used it on him xP

(and then the whole point was that nobody can completely 100% control their emotions)

I play videogames.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Spoiler:
But I'll stop there. This game doesn't mark the end of the series, so it's expected that the dev team would hold back on some ideas. Perhaps my envisions are simply being postponed for a future game.

Spoiler:
I just played back the last bit of Case 5 and came across this line from the judge, after the breakdown.
「狙撃犯については、目下警察が
全力で追跡しているとのことです。」

They never say they catch him, so the shooter could make another appearance in the future. Who the spy works for, amongst other things, has not been made clear either so I'm sure this is still part of a bigger plot.

Image Image Image

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler:
But he was trained against psychological warfare. That was the whole point of the Mood Matrix going crazy whenever you used it on him xP

(and then the whole point was that nobody can completely 100% control their emotions)

Spoiler:
*sigh* And throughout that case, I was so sure that the Phantom's identity was that unnamed worker on the HAT-1 article. It kinda looks like him, right? Compared to the photo of the guy escaping from Athena's wrath.

Spoiler: On an unrelated note
I can't stop imagining the Phantom as Exdeath from FFV. His first theme even sounds a bit like Exdeath's battle theme.

I play videogames.

Rubia Silve Ryu wrote:
Spoiler:
*sigh* And throughout that case, I was so sure that the Phantom's identity was that unnamed worker on the HAT-1 article. It kinda looks like him, right? Compared to the photo of the guy escaping from Athena's wrath.

Spoiler:
I forget what it was exactly, but there was a part where you present evidence that shows whether the true killer entered the room before Yugami. I saw the article of the guy working on the FUTURE machine and was like

"I'VE GOT IT! This guy working on the machine is inside of the room. Which means he had access and could have been in there at any time!"

I think the correct answer was just presenting the surveillance tape...

Image Image Image

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

When I played the first 4 games when I was 9, I didn't bother to analyze music, characterization, writing, blah blah blah. And maybe that's why reading these thread made me think "what, really?" I enjoyed these games for better or for worse (but I never really noticed). I guess it's okay to criticize each and every game that comes out, but doesn't it do absolutely nothing? (Just sticking my head out here. I love all of you. :))

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Achtung,baby~!

Just saw the E3 English demo...

Spoiler:
I was quite disappointed with Phoenix's personality.
It was like he reverted to the rookie that he was in AA1-1:\
Obviously he picked up some confidence as the trial progressed,but it was nothing like what I was expecting from him.
My question is - does he exhibit any signs of the calm and collected hobo Phoenix as the game progresses?Or are we basically stuck with AA1 Phoenix for the rest of the game?

Also,on another note,I dislike his new Objection voice.It sounds like a somewhat motivated Ron DeLite shouting objection.
The hold it is fine,though.

Jonathan wrote:
Just saw the E3 English demo...

Spoiler:
I was quite disappointed with Phoenix's personality.
It was like he reverted to the rookie that he was in AA1-1:\
Obviously he picked up some confidence as the trial progressed,but it was nothing like what I was expecting from him.
My question is - does he exhibit any signs of the calm and collected hobo Phoenix as the game progresses?Or are we basically stuck with AA1 Phoenix for the rest of the game?

Also,on another note,I dislike his new Objection voice.It sounds like a somewhat motivated Ron DeLite shouting objection.
The hold it is fine,though.

The demo is quite different from the final game.

1000% Knight

Jonathan wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Neither, imo. No signs of the cool and collected Hobonick, but it's also not like he's a rookie; I think he acts sort of like in T&T, where he sort of knows what he's doing, but he's still just bluffing his way through everything.

Achtung,baby~!

Bad Player wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Neither, imo. No signs of the cool and collected Hobonick, but it's also not like he's a rookie; I think he acts sort of like in T&T, where he sort of knows what he's doing, but he's still just bluffing his way through everything.

Spoiler:
Damn,that's actually quite disappointing.
T&T Phoenix was fantastic,but for the love of god it's been 8 years since Bridge to the Turnabout!

Anyway,thanks for the replies,guess I'll have to see for myself.

New question: How is the overall pacing in each case? Does it drag at certain points or is there a genuine tension to the cases?

Atuyhan Ihdamdhas

I've been wondering, What's "Overload Mode"? From what I've seen, only one emotion can be detected, and you can only draw testimony from the images. Can someone explain this in more detail?
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

1000% Knight

linkenski wrote:
New question: How is the overall pacing in each case? Does it drag at certain points or is there a genuine tension to the cases?

Hmm... I'd say the pacing was pretty good, overall. The end of the first case felt a bit rushed to me, maybe. But besides that, there aren't any parts with huge pacing problems that immediately jump out in my mind, like the end of AAI or PLvAA.

aplab23207 wrote:
I've been wondering, What's "Overload Mode"? From what I've seen, only one emotion can be detected, and you can only draw testimony from the images. Can someone explain this in more detail?

Spoiler:
It's when one person feels an emotion so strongly, that the reading of that emotion overloads the reading of all other emotions, so you can't properly do the mood matrix. What you have to do is find the "source" of the emotion in the testimonies. Athena calls it "counseling", so basically you calm them down so you can do proper Mood Matrixing again.

Spoiler: Case 5
http://dualdestinies.tumblr.com/post/59256649117/evidence-is-everything-there-is-nothing-more

...Wow. I used to really dislike Apollo's out-of-court animations until I saw this one. Is it reflected a bit more?

That link could be considered pretty spoilery on a few levels. Tag it. -Bolt

Has anyone replayed the game yet? Is it as good the second time, or do you start noticing flaws or narrative inconsistencies, like I did in AAI?
Page 2 of 4 [ 136 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby » Themis Legal Academy (GS5)